Adjusting the carburetor on a Partner 351 chain saw
What users say
Not every young family can afford expensive Stills and Huskvarna, so I had to opt for the cheaper Partner model 351 chainsaw. In case of a serious failure the service center promised a large selection of inexpensive brand-name parts. Fortunately, the car turned out to be resilient, so apart from the tires and chains and spark plugs I did not have to buy anything else. The saw even for the domestic level is not powerful enough, you have to drive at maximum speed, however, after 4 years of operation, a noticeable decline in traction not noted. In the asset of the tool a whole grove of old trees, I didn’t count exactly, but more than a hundred cubes of sawn firewood. For cutting hardwood, the chain oil is definitely not enough to cool the chain. On the advice of an experienced friend, the tip of the bar at low chain speed I dip into a container with diesel oil. The effect is evident. a quality brand-name chain almost completely wears out its service life.
Partner 351 chain saw. carburetor adjustment
Tuning your Partner chainsaw’s original carburetor fixes 2 common model malfunctions.
- problems with the fuel supply. this problem is encountered in cases where the chainsaw has had an imbalance of the adjusting screws, The reasons for this can be several. from a strong mechanical shock, to improper use of the garden tool. In any case, a timely adjustment of the fuel assembly will help to properly align the bolts and continue to use the model;
- noticeable scrolling of the saw chain when the engine is running at idle speed. in the normal state of the adjusting screws, the chain for the Partner 351 chain saw stands still in place. If it doesn’t happen and the saw headset continues to rotate, then the saw’s owner will need to adjust the carburetor. Otherwise, the oil pump will continue to work together with the headset, which will lead to its rapid wear.
Adjustment of the fuel node of the Partner chainsaw is performed in this sequence:
- The first thing to do on a cold-engine saw is to set the carburetor to the original factory settings. For the position in which the screws should be set, refer to the Partner brand 351 instruction manual;
- After that, you will need to start the engine and give it time to fully warm up;
- Next, you must find the maximum speed of the motor. To do this, begin to turn the screw, marked with the letter L, in the direction of the arrow of the clock. Once the engine begins to run smoothly and without a jerk, the screw will need to turn a quarter turn counterclockwise;
- Then you need to adjust the operation of the saw headset while the engine is running at idle speed. To do this you need to turn the screw T in turns in different directions. Stop turning the propeller when the chain stops completely;
- After that the operator will need to connect the tachometer to the motor and start turning the H screw in the direction of the clock hand. Once the tachometer and instruction manual match, you must stop turning the propeller.
With a properly tuned carburetor, the Partner chainsaw engine will run steadily without making jerking or shooting noises. The engine should pick up speed quickly when you squeeze the throttle trigger and lose speed when you release the trigger.
Need for adjustment
In order to understand how to adjust the gasoline saw “Partner-350”, it is necessary in the first stage as much as possible to study the design of this unit. Understanding its principles of operation and familiarity with the features of its parts will help identify the cause of the malfunction by your own efforts. The carburetor is one of the main engine components. its purpose is preparation and further supply of the fuel mixture, consisting of gasoline and oxygen. If the required proportions of these ingredients are violated, the engine begins to function improperly, and later fails completely.
Design of the Partner 351 chainsaw
The Partner 351 chainsaw has a structure typical of other chainsaws.
The figures in the figure correspond to:
- guide rail;
- spark catcher;
- safety block;
- starter cord;
- ignition system switch;
- crankcase cover;
- fuel tank filler port;
- toothed stop;
- tire mounts;
- spark plug;
- aero filter flap;
- carburetor choke lever;
- throttle valve;
- primer activation button;
- throttle tumbler;
- cutter block screw tensioner;
- chain catcher;
- protective cover.
Chainsaw hero How to install fuel lines On a Partner 351 / 370 Chainsaw
Despite the Swedish origin of the manufacturer, the assembly of the Partner 351 chain saw is made in factories in China.
If you bought a Partner-350 saw, you may need to adjust the carburetor while working. In order to properly perform these actions, it is also necessary to familiarize yourself with the principle of operation of this piece of equipment. Fuel is atomized in the diffuser by a stream of air, which creates a mixture pumped into the cylinder. The more fuel will be applied, the higher will be the engine speed. In the described model, as in any other, the carburetor works according to the same scheme described above.
Read also: Knots for knotting fishing nets
Advantages and disadvantages of the chainsaw Partner 350
In numerous video reviews and reviews, experienced users and beginners highlight a large number of advantages of the Swedish chainsaw, both in design and in the sawing process itself. Thus, we can highlight the following advantages of the Partner 350:
- Small weight;
- easy start;
- high power;
- affordable and easy maintenance;
- unpretentious in fuel mixture and lubricating oil;
- quality assembly;
- sturdy plastic body;
- sturdy and reliable bar;
- durable chain.
Of course, any piece of equipment can also have some drawbacks. The disadvantages of the chainsaw Partner 350 we will point out below:
- High levels of noise, vibration and exhaust;
- It is difficult to work at high revolutions;
- frequent overheating;
- The fuel and oil tank are in need of repair from time to time.
Fuel supply problems
You can determine such a malfunction of the chainsaw by inspecting the spark plug. A cylinder may not get any fuel for a variety of reasons:
- Fuel filter installed in the tank is heavily clogged.
- The hole in the tank lid is clogged, preventing the gasoline from flowing out.
- poor or no fuel coming out of carburetor.
In the case that between the gasoline and the air mixed in the carburetor, there is no correct ratio or not enough fuel comes in, you should check if the channels and the carburetor air filter are not clogged. In addition, it may be necessary to adjust it.
The filter is carefully removed and washed with detergent before cleaning, then left to dry. Then it is put back in place.
Adjustment of the carburetor is carried out, as a rule, with screws. the maximum and minimum revolutions. When carrying it out, it is necessary to strictly follow the instructions for the repair of the chainsaw, otherwise you can ruin the motor. Sometimes manufacturers leave only one adjustment screw to prevent inexperienced craftsmen from interfering with the carburetor.
If adjusting doesn’t fix anything, it’s worth cleaning the channels and the filter gauze, and checking the integrity of the diaphragm.
Do not forget that the carburetor is one of the complex mechanisms of a chainsaw, so its cleaning and disassembly should be treated responsibly.
It’s made up of a lot of tiny parts that can pop out unnoticed and be hard to find. Often after disassembling this device, some users are unable to reassemble it.
What to do if the muffler is clogged
If the chainsaw engine functions normally at low speeds but smokes and stops at high speeds, the cause is most likely the muffler. Remove it first, but don’t forget to close the exhaust port. Then disassemble and dry-clean it and remove the carbon deposits, dry it with a hair dryer, reassemble it and reassemble it.
Do not dry-clean without special protective equipment, because carcinogens in carbon monoxide are released in the form of dust. It is very dangerous to breathe it in. When using a chain saw, you need to watch the quality of the fuel mixture.
Lubricate the chain at regular intervals as the saw chain is subjected to extremely severe working conditions. Abrasive particles, dust and even overheating have a negative effect on its service life.
Leaving the chain in a dry condition can lead to chain drying out and overheating. In the worst case, jamming can happen, that is, the sprocket failure. Oil flows through the channels that very often become blocked with sawdust. They must also be cleaned regularly.
Also, always clean any debris or sawdust from under the chain saw cover because it can cause the chain brake to malfunction. In addition, dirt has a bad effect on the performance of the device.
бензопила Partner 351//диагностика неисправностей
The Partner 351 chain saw has several working mechanisms that require periodic inspection and maintenance. One is the carburetor.
Repairing the carburetor on your Partner 351 with your own hands is not recommended, but you can make minor adjustments. There are two main failures that can be eliminated by adjusting the carburetor with their own hands:
Partner 351 chainsaw fails,fixed bad starting.
- Scrolling of the chain when the engine is idling. To fix the problem you need to use the adjusting screw. First turn it all the way clockwise. Then make 4.5 turns counterclockwise. The problem should go away.
- Improper fuel supply. There could be several reasons. From unbalanced adjustment screws to carburetor component failure. In either case, adjustment should follow the same pattern.
There are three adjustment screws for adjusting the carburetor: L. for high RPM, H. for low RPM, T. idle speed of the Partner 351 chain saw.
- Adjustment begins with the T-screw. To do this, start the saw, and turn the adjusting screw counterclockwise until the chain stops.
- Then turn the L screw a quarter of a turn anticlockwise. When adjusting at idle RPM there should be the largest turns.
- Screw H is turned a quarter turn anticlockwise.
After this, take the tachometer and check the revolutions. They should correspond as much as possible to the revolutions specified in the passport of the Partner 351 chainsaw. If you still decided to tune the carburetor on the chainsaw Partner 351 with your own hands, we recommend reading the article about tuning the carburetor on the chainsaw. Article of a general nature, contains all the necessary information and will help you a lot in this not simple process.