Chamfering tool for polypropylene pipes
Photos of manual strippers for polypropylene pipes
Instructions for welding 10, 16 and 20 diameter pipes are no different. This procedure is carried out with a specialized tool.
- Before you begin installation work it is necessary to make preparations for this process, making a clear plan of action and drawing of the line with a binding to the premises in the house;
- The pipe is cut into sections of the required length;
Advice. In the case of aluminum-reinforced pipes, then it is necessary to remove a few millimeters from the edge of the reinforcement. You can do this with a tool such as a pipe facing tool for reinforced pipe.
During the bonding process of the pipe and fitting these parts should not be rotated. Otherwise, you risk getting a leaky connection.
It is also necessary to pay attention to the pipe during heating and joining, avoiding the risk of overheating, which can cause clogging and blockages in the system.
If the laying of the system is not in the wall, and on its surface then to mount the system should use clamps that are mounted on the wall, and then threaded through them the pipe.
Stripping for propylene reinforced pipes
Polypropylene pipes due to their operational parameters, aesthetic appearance and ease of assembly are often used in the installation of engineering communications.Thanks to the technology of reinforcing increases the reliability and durability of pipes while maintaining all the technological characteristics of polypropylene, the pipes are not only comparable with metal, but superior to them.
However, for the long and reliable operation of the pipeline system requires proper processing, stripping of the ends at the connection.
Steel pipes are prepared for painting with:
Brush attachment for a drill or electric screwdriver.
Stripping profile pipe can be partially automated. The simplest machine for cleaning pipes from rust is a cartridge with a brush clamped in it, planted on the shaft of an electric motor, and a movable thrust roller with a fixing mechanism that allows you to handle any cross-section of the pipe. Pipe is slowly pulled through the machine by hand with a 90 or 180 degree turn between successive brush passes.
The photo simplest machine for cleaning rust from profiled pipes.
Improved version of the machine with two brushes.
How to prepare the pipe end for threading?
The rougher the file, the faster you can chamfer.
You have to grind the pipe with a circle plane. Avoid force: splinters of a broken disk often cause serious injury.
An angle grinder with a metal wheel will speed up the chamfering process.
- Finally, in the absence of a more suitable tool, the pipe diameter of 15 25 mm can simply be slightly crushed in a circle with a gas wrench or by hitting with a heavy hammer.
The stripping tool for polypropylene pipes is most often called a stripper. In stores with a more qualified product manager, you can find more accurate names:
- A shaver is a stripper for exterior reinforcement;
- The pipe cutter allows to cut a layer of foil, glued in the middle of the wall, between the layers of polymer of approximately equal thickness.
And this tool can be manual (with a notch on the outside surface or handy handles), made to fit into a chuck of a drill or a torch. Often it is equipped with a pair of blades, allowing to remove the outer chamfer from the pipe end.
Shaver tool for the chuck of a peorator chuck.
The price of the tool is determined by the size, functions and manufacturer. Here are, for example, the costs of the Valtec line of torches designed to fit in a torch chuck.
|Pipe size, mm||Suggested retail price, rubles|
How to solder polypropylene pipes: instructions and video lessons
In this article we will try to determine what tools are needed for the installation of polypropylene pipes, which when assembling home plumbing can be done without, and what to replace the existing tools at home.
The fact that at the moment polypropylene pipes are the cheapest, most practical and affordable material for home plumbing, few doubt.
Some manufacturers complete the most necessary tools in kits
However, professional installation of plumbing, especially in large cities, is often much more expensive than the cost of materials for it.
But what if you try to assemble a water supply system from polypropylene yourself? After all, there is nothing complicated there!
So, all the necessary pipes, fittings and fasteners are purchased. New faucets shine with chrome from half-open boxes. We haven’t forgotten anything?
Tools. To prepare and weld the pipes, we need special tools. Though inexpensive, they are not available in every home.
Features of installation of plastic pipes
Installation of plastic pipes requires special connecting elements. fittings. They can be different in design and material. To install plastic pipes made of polyethylene or polypropylene you need to buy fittings made of the same material. To connect the pipeline fragments with each other one uses simple plastic fittings of a certain form as well as combined products with separable and inseparable connection.
Important! To connect plastic pipes, special soldering (welding) equipment is used. This process is understood as heating the end of the pipe and fitting with a heating apparatus (“iron”) with special attachments. When the desired temperature is reached, the pipe and fitting join, cool down and form an inseparable hermetic connection.
Ideally, the engineering system of water supply or heating should be designed with the participation of a qualified engineer, who should calculate the necessary amount of water supply to the house in accordance with the number of consumers, the area of heated premises, the level of heat loss from walls and roofs and other technical parameters.
For a private house with a total area of up to 150 m2 it is not necessary to draw a full project of the engineering system. it is enough to draw a wiring diagram on paper, which should indicate the location of pipes, places of passage through the walls, key engineering equipment (boilers, collectors, heat exchangers), radiators, taps and places of installation of plumbing (sinks, basins, toilets, bathtubs).
Different types of engineering systems (water pipe heating or water supply) have their own types of layouts. The system of cold and hot water is installed using concealed and open type of wiring. The latent type involves drilling out the walls and floor to equip trenches and channels in which pipes are laid. This type of installation requires the maximum professionalism from the contractor, i.e.к. In the case of an error, you have to dismantle the floor and wall coverings.
How to prevent clogging of storm drains. routine cleaning and prevention
Open type distribution. the most common way to install water pipes, which are mounted at a small distance from the floor and walls with special plastic or metal brackets.
Attention! If the pipes of open installation spoil the interior of the apartment, they can be masked with plastic or drywall boxes. If you need to access the pipe, the masking structure can be easily dismantled.
Chamfer Tools for Plastic Pipe, Drill-Powered Demo. Reed Manufacturing
Designing a heating system based on plastic pipes can be performed on the basis of two methods of installation:
- gravity-flow. installation of the boiler at the lowest point of the closed loop, where the heated water by the physical law of expansion rises up through the pipes and comes back to the boiler cooled;
- forced. the motion of the coolant is carried out by the circulation pump, which can be located at any point of the system.
Heating pipes are installed in three types of wiring:
- Single-pipe. one riser connects all radiators according to the principle of a series chain;
- T-pipe. several radiators are connected to one riser using separate pipes;
- manifold. the system consists of supply and return pipes, which are connected to manifolds and radiators.
Before installing plastic pipes, they are connected using a heating device with appropriate fittings. At the points of passage through the walls and ceilings with the help of a peorator make holes of the appropriate diameter.
Here is an example on pipes installed by open method. On the walls in the places of passing of pipes it is necessary to install special fixing elements. staples, which are fastened using conventional metalware (self-tapping screws or bolts).
Tools and connecting elements
The basic set of tools and materials required to connect plastic pipes includes:
- a drilling tool for the walls;
- A special welding machine (“iron”) with nozzles of different diameters;
- pipe cutter for cutting pipes into fragments;
- Ruler or tape for measurements;
- level to check the correct installation on the horizontal and vertical axis;
- markers for marking cut lines;
- special knife for chamfering.
Plastic corrugated pipes for the installation of electrical networks and sewage systems
Special elements. fittings. are used to connect the pipes. Simple fittings for plastic pipes are made in different modifications:
- straight (simple and transitional). fittings to connect straight sections of pipes of the same or different diameters;
- angles. products designed to connect pipes at right angles;
- elbows. fittings that can be used to bypass an obstacle at a wide angle;
- Tees. products designed to connect three pipes, one of which is installed perpendicular to the others;
- cross fittings. fittings that are used to install four pipes at right angles.
In addition to simple polymer products, combined fittings in a plastic housing with metal internal or external threads are used when installing water systems. They are used to connect to the engineering equipment (boilers, heat exchangers, radiators, collectors).
Chamfering polypropylene pipes
Choose reliable masters without intermediaries and save up to 40%!
Replacing pipes at home. it’s quite a complex and responsible task. Today, one of the most popular types are plastic pipes. There are many reasons for this. lightweight, not subject to corrosion, sealed joints, no need to apply cathodic welding, which can damage wallpaper or paint on the walls, and besides is a fire hazard. To get the best result, you need to know how to solder polypropylene pipes correctly.
In fact, if you have the necessary tools and accessories for work, this case will take relatively little time. And that means you get to save a lot on installation work, which can cost a pretty penny.
Methods of connecting polypropylene pipes by welding
Beforehand it is necessary to make a scheme of the future pipeline, to lay out all the constituent elements, so as not to mix up anything during the work. Pipe sections should be prepared according to the dimensions that have been surveyed and calculated. Fittings and pipe parts should be laid out on a workbench or on the floor. Lay out in the same order as after welding. This completely closes all opportunities for error and total destruction of the entire structure. It’s not a threaded connection or brackets, it’s a welded connection. you can’t disconnect it that easily. Therefore, in order not to throw all the material in the trash can, you need to observe this important rule.
You’ll be interested in options for disguising pipes in the bathroom
Each pipe that is covered with polypropylene, has its own temperature limit, after which the impact of welding is prohibited and can cause burning of the pipe. It is necessary to set the “iron” to this parameter with the help of a regulator-thermostat. The indicator and the indicator lamp help to wait for heating and define the temperature. that is how all machines of this class are designed.
For the next connection, all the fragments of the pipes and fittings need a little heat. Pipe joints or fittings are heated, and then they are joined together. The tightness and reliability of the connection are ensured by fusing the joints. The pipe joints are inserted into the welder, firmly joined and welded.
The fused parts should be joined as precisely as possible, because there will not be a second attempt. You can not roll joints against each other, pressing them. this mistake is made by 100% of inexperienced welders, who first took the job. Also warping is not allowed. When joining the joints of two pipes, it is necessary to prepare perfectly flat surfaces for fusion, then the welded connection will be flat, suitable and absolutely impermeable, and this is the most important thing in domestic pipelines.
After the welding seam has cooled down, it is machined or “cleaned”. This is done to give the welded joint a more aesthetic appearance. This is very relevant for your own apartment or house, where the plumbing is in sight.
Advantages and disadvantages
In order for the welder’s work to be performed to a high standard, in addition to qualified personnel, there is a need for high-quality and fully prepared material. To chamfer the pipe, in some cases angular grinding machines are used, but this process takes quite a lot of time and is a labor-intensive event.
That is why in the domestic and industrial sphere are widely used chamferers, which have proved themselves in a positive way during the performance of the tasks.
The demand for the devices is due to their inherent advantages.
Among them the following points are worth noting:
- the devices are easy to operate and perform their tasks;
- Most of the products are characterized by mobility and ergonomics;
- Due to the work with chamfering devices there is an opportunity to bevel and form a wide chamfer;
- the devices successfully cope with the processing of the end parts of steel products, which are characterized by large volumes;
- devices are characterized by high speed of operation and adjustment of settings. the type of side joints chamfer, size and depth of cut;
- the ability to quickly perform a plate change with their own hands without the use of specialized tools;
- the devices do not produce much noise during operation;
- the devices do not emit any harmful substances into the environment, so they are completely safe for health and the environment;
- During the processing of products on the device is fully preserved their chemical composition.
Among the disadvantages of mechanized or manual bevelers for pipes is the need, in some cases, to further process the edges of the products before the subsequent work.
On today’s market manufacturers offer the consumer a wide range of such tools. Classification of products is based on purpose and type of material used.
- Chamfering tools for working with plastic pipes. Since plastic pipes are increasingly used for the arrangement of various communications, replacing steel products, installation and maintenance of plastic pipelines also require the use of special devices. Due to the fact that the use of improvised means for flattening the edge of the product can lead to deformation of the edge, for working with such specialized tools are used, which can save from deformation of the seal and reduce the risk of leaks in the pipeline during operation.
- Devices for working with pipes made of metal. The products are widely used in construction and installation of various systems, as the pipe edger for metal products has some features: small size, due to which it can be installed and used almost everywhere, the small weight. about 20 kg, the ability to work with products that have large diameters.
- Machines for processing pipes made of polyethylene. Such a tool is located on the workbench, pipes are installed in the device and rotate in a certain direction. Deburring of workpieces due to the cutter integrated into the housing.
In addition, based on the complexity of the functions performed, pipe chamfering machines are divided into several groups of devices.
- Hydraulic-type devices. most often used on an industrial scale. The task of the device is the mechanical processing of pipes before welding. The machine is quite easy to work with, the choice of width and angle of bevel is set in the settings of the machine.
- Pneumatic devices. devices are notable for the possibility to carry out works without reference to the availability of electricity and the risk of damaging the wire. In addition, there are often conditions in which it is necessary to carry out processing of pipe edges in places where the use of electricity is prohibited, for example, in explosive areas of construction sites, in the oil, gas or chemical industries. In such cases the pneumatics will be irreplaceable assistant. However, the disadvantages of the product is the need for additional equipment, and more often it is a compressor.
- Electric devices. the main advantage is the widespread use of electricity, so it is easy to connect the device to the power. In the industrial area such devices are used most often, because bevelers are distinguished by high speed and excellent quality of the processed edge of the pipe. The unit can operate in several modes, and the blades in the device can be quickly and easily replaced. The disadvantage of the unit is the need for strict observance of safety precautions, because the operator during careless handling with the electric chamfering machine can get an electric shock.
- Hand-type edgers. these units are characterized by minimum weight compared to the above varieties and small size. They are used for chamfering holes, the tool perfectly copes with the task of processing straight and radius edges. In addition, manual edgers can be used to work not only with pipes, but also with sheet metal products. The machines are in demand for preparatory manipulations with pipes made of different types of raw materials, and the equipment of the manual edger allows you to perform a different cycle of tasks. The field of application of the device is not limited only to the performance of small-scale jobs in the domestic sphere, because the chamfering machine has proven itself in the process of operation on construction sites of medium scale.
Among the advantages of hand-held tools are the following features:
- Easy operation. no special skills are required for the work, the angle and width of the bevel can be easily adjusted;
- small weight and size, thanks to which the device is characterized by mobility;
- During operation, the device consumes a minimum amount of electricity in comparison with stationary chamfering machines;
- there is no need to arrange a special place to install and work with the machine;
- For more comfort in use, the manual models have special ergonomic handles with rubber coating that reduce slip and vibration during beveling.
It is also worth noting some disadvantages of devices: the unit is not designed to work with products of large size, which reduces the scope of its operation, manual edgers have a lower level of performance compared to stationary tool, you need to fix the workpiece in the process of working with it, and the pipe to process in addition before welding them.