Connecting the Bosch dryer to the sewer
Connecting of devices to the utilities
Before starting the work, make sure that all connections for both units are accessible, not only a separate connection to the mains. For example, condensing units may require their own ventilation duct under the sewage outlet. The exhaust version will require access to a ventilation shaft or equipment of its own duct with an outlet into a window. In general, when installing units, you will need to make connections to ventilation, sewerage, electricity and plumbing.
Connect to the ventilation duct will have to choose the exhaust model. At first glance, there is nothing complicated here. The duct provided in the design is connected by a flexible corrugated duct to the central ventilation and is fixed by standard clamps. However, there are a few nuances to keep in mind:
How to install the Bosch Drain Hose Accessory Kit for Bosch Heat Pump Dryers
- It is desirable to choose the option with a minimum number of bends, which will facilitate the exit of air and condensate;
- it is not recommended to allow bends at right or sharp angles, the preferred option is a gentle bend, which does not create obstacles to the exit of air flows;
- In rooms with high temperatures, where condensation is more intense, it is better to use a direct version, which does not accumulate condensate.
In cases where there is no central ventilation shaft or does not allow you to properly connect the unit, the solution can be to create an independent duct. In apartments it is usually led out through the window pane, in a private home is more room to choose a functional option.
If you intend to install a condensation-type dryer, you can connect both devices to the drain. This will eliminate the need for periodic drainage of condensate from the regular tray of the dryer. There are three options for solving this problem:
- Outputting the drain directly into the sewage pipe, this is the most difficult way, it will require the equipment of a special hole, which can not always be done independently.
- Less costly, a connection to the siphon, you will likely have to buy a combined siphon with two or more outlets.
- The simplest way to temporarily fix the drain pipes to the nearest sink, but because of the vibration of the devices, this option is fraught with the risk of flooding the room in case of a hose breakage.
The best option is chosen based on the layout of the room, the location chosen for installation, and the design features of the equipment.
Switching the devices into the electric network can be done through the regular socket. The only requirement that must be met is that there must be a ground connection. If there is no such a possibility, you need to install a separate line. It will require:
- Three-core, copper wire with a diameter of 2.5 mm²;
- A special socket with a high level of moisture protection;
- circuit breaker and RCD for 16A, which are mounted in the panelboard.
For paired installation of devices, a double socket, planted on a single fishing line will be suitable. In general, this option is not recommended, because overloading is possible. But it is forbidden to run the devices at the same time, in order to avoid excessive increase in vibration. This means that they will run in series, and there is little chance of overloading.
Installing a column dryer on the washing machine is quite feasible by your own efforts. But this requires a certain experience and a known minimum of tools. If there is neither the first nor the second, it is better to think about inviting a specialist. Despite the expense, its performance will pay off in reliability and safety of construction.
Hanging the door, Follow the instructions below
The dryer is delivered with the door hanging on the left side. However, it is possible to change the side of the door hinge to the right side.
Follow the instructions below:
Unscrew the three screws securing the hinge.
and to the left, while turning the hinge mount in the direction indicated by the arrows.
The hinge mounting must be turned 180 degrees to weigh the door on the right side.
Drainage hose for dryer. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to do this.
approximately five millimeters, so that the door magnet and the protective gasket, located on the inside of the door, can be removed.
Installing the draining system for the washer-dryer
The dryer drain hose is thinner than the washer-dryer hose. However, the principle of its connection to the communications is no different. One end of the drain nipple is screwed to the body of the device, the second. is connected to a siphon or a T-piece, cut into the sewer riser.
Algorithm of actions at installation of the dryer to the sewer is as follows:
- Examine the back wall of the dryer body;
- Find the recess from which the hose “peeks out”. The end of this hose is attached to the fitting. that is, by default, the machine is set up to drain condensate into a container;
- Detach the inner hose from the connecting piece;
- Take the drain fitting that comes with the dryer;
- Connect the drain hose to the fitting;
- Connect the other end of the drain hose to a siphon or tee fitting tapped into the drainpipe.
It is easier to bring the dryer drain hose to the siphon fitting (e.g., installed under the sink or bathtub). When this is not possible, you will have to cut into the sewer pipe tee faucet. Then you will need a sleeve to connect the corrugator, you can buy it at a specialized store. It is important that the joints do not leak.
There is an even simpler method. do not connect the drain hose to the siphon, but simply fix it on the edge of the bathtub or sink with a special mount. There is not as much water coming out of the dryer as from the washing machine, so you should not fear that the corrugator will break and flood everything around it.
Modern condensation dryers can not be connected to the sewer, then the water will accumulate in a special container.
Where to place the Bosch dryer?
The choice of location, where the dryer will be, not for nothing is given so much attention. After all, the peculiarities of installation will depend on it. There are several ways of location:
- on top of the washer;
- in the immediate vicinity of the washing machine;
- In a special cabinet or niche;
- under the countertop or sink.
The most common option is the so-called “column”, when the dryer is installed on top of the washing machine. Then the appliance takes up less space, which is of great importance for residents of small apartments. However, it is not possible to place one appliance directly on top of another, you must clearly adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- At first make sure that the depth of the washing machine is equal to or greater than the dryer. Otherwise, the “bottom tier” will not be able to withstand the load.
- Then the body of the washing machine mounted special anti-tipping caps and clips. Most often they are attached to the dryer (if this method of installation is provided). You can also buy them separately.
- After that, the feet of the dryer are unscrewed and the covers are attached.
- The appliance can be positioned on a spirit level.
Important! It is forbidden to install the dryer into the column if it is not securely fastened.
The dryer can also be installed using wall-mounted structures, which are special rails. This variant is more reliable, but it is applied much less often as antislip caps look much more aesthetically attractive. You should not install the technique without locks, because their function is not only to protect the washing unit from vibration, but also to ensure the stability of the “top tier”, they prevent the overturning of the appliance.
If for any reason the owner does not want to use clamps, it is better to place the washing machine and dryer next to each other. This option is safer and easier to install, but requires additional space. It is ideal if the room has a large area or if the dwelling has a separate room (closet, dressing room, etc.д.) where the equipment can be positioned. In this case it is enough to bring the dispenser in, remove the transport screws and level it.
It is advisable to purchase a washer and dryer in pairs, this ensures that the dimensions are the same and allows you to create a unified style in the room.
If you plan to mount the dryer in a niche made of plasterboard, then even in the process of repair, you should take care of the arrangement of a special cabinet or corner for this purpose. If possible, you can build a two-storey structure that can comfortably accommodate both machines.
An even simpler option is to install the dryer under the kitchen countertop or sink. The main thing is to choose the right model. It is important that its dimensions correspond to the size of the cabinet, and the cover is removable. The kitchen is the best option for a condensation dryer. This is due to the fact that thanks to free access to the drain, you can easily connect the device.
In general, the procedure for installing a Bosch dryer is similar to the installation of a washing machine. Therefore, no special difficulties are foreseen. The main thing is not to forget about safety and act clearly in accordance with the rules contained in the manufacturer’s instructions.
How to install a dryer on a narrow washing machine
Manufacturers of home appliances have in their line several types of machines for drying laundry: extraction, condensing and with a heat pump. Connecting the dryer of each type has its own features, which is caused by the principle of operation of machines. For example, exhaust models produce drying by diverting air with moisture into the ventilation system. Condensing products work as follows: heated air enters the chamber with laundry, collects moisture and passes through the installed heat exchanger. After that, the moisture settles in a special tray, which should be emptied after each turn on. As for the heat pump machines, they essentially work the same way as the previous version. The only difference is that the moist air does not flow through the heat exchanger but through the evaporator.
In private homes and apartments most often produce the installation of exhaust dryers, which should be connected to the ventilation and electricity. If it is not possible to bring out the air duct, it is recommended to connect a condensation model, which has water outlets either into the tray or into the sewer. Consider the two existing installation options: to the ventilation and to the sewer, but first let’s talk about how you can install a dryer in the room.
You can see the functionality of these devices on a clear video example:
Does the wastewater drainage system need to be installed for the dryer??
Probably everyone more or less imagines how much hassle with the connection of the washing machine to the communications: you need and to bring to the sewer, and electricity, and to make it all work. Intuitively, it seems that everything with the dryers as difficult, but why do we need a sewer for the dryer, because it does not interact with water as actively as the washer? Well, let’s deal with all the subtleties of connecting the dryer to the communications.
Installing a condensation dryer
The installation of a condensation dryer is ideal for rooms with poor ventilation systems because of the nature of the technology.
The principle of operation is based on the “three pillars”:
- Warm air under pressure is directed into the drum, which is in a rotating state;
- The air draws moisture from the laundry, after which it goes to the heat exchanger; here, it cools and turns into condensate, flowing into a container.
Moisture must be drained after each use. So it is best to install a condensation dryer in a room with a cold air inlet. A drafty dryer wastes more energy.
Models like Candy’s are easy to install and don’t need lead pipes. They can be installed on the floor, built into a cabinet, a column, or mounted on the washing machine.
- Turn off the electricity supply.
- Either lead a separate line from the electric board, or resort to the use of a socket with grounding.
- Protect the power grid against current leakage (RCD). Connect a RCD of 16A and an automatic circuit breaker of the same type to the switchboard. An automatic switch will be needed for the machine to protect the dryer from breakage in case of power surges.
- Dry hands to plug the dryer into the electric socket.
Caution: it is not recommended to plug the washer and dryer in the same double socket. There is a risk of melting and short circuit the socket.
When installing in the kitchen or bathroom, you must take care that no water gets on the outlet.
On the subject: The washing machine manual: 7 secrets for effective use of technology
How to connect the dryer to the utilities with your own hands
After completing the installation of the dryer unit, it is worth proceeding to connect it to the ventilation system or drainage pipe, taking into account the principle of the device.
The solution to the ventilation problem is simple enough. On the body of the unit there is a ventilation opening, to which you must attach a soft duct. The connection is ensured by means of a special clamp included in the kit. The opposite end of the corrugated tube is derived in a ventilation shaft or a vent, if there is no ventilation hole. It is not advisable to make 90° bends in the chimney because then the efficiency of the hood will be reduced. Try to install the duct with as few bends and twists as possible.
Pay attention to another important point. If the dryer is to be installed in a high-temperature place, do not extend the bellows over the top, because this will cause condensation to build up and block the air outlet. Another method must be devised under these circumstances, such as making a hole in the wall at the outlet of the appliance to allow the ductwork to run horizontally.
Before connecting the dryer, make sure that the length of the hose corresponds to the distance from the place of installation of the unit to the outlet hole in the wall. If you are using a corrugated pipe, it should not be in a stretched condition.
- Use a clamp to secure the flexible air exhaust hose to the dryer vent. most models include this as part of the kit and have a standard length. It is more convenient to tighten the clamp with a screwdriver, and at the end of it to clamp it with pliers, so when you pull the hose it does not fly off.
- Connect the other end of the hose to the outlet pipe of the air pipe and also secure the attaching point with a clamp. The hose must be routed or stretched so that there were no kinks or wrinkles.
Benefits of installing moisture-proof sockets
If just a couple of years ago, wall outlets were not installed in a room with high humidity. They were taken out to be installed outside. The emergence of modern moisture-proof devices has changed the situation. Now there is no fear of the cord to the doors, because it had to run along the floor to the outlet from the same washing machine. The room door closes and the running appliances don’t make noise to the whole house.
This does not install just a single point, but a whole block of devices plus a switch. This allows you to turn on multiple household units at once. For example, start the washing machine, turn on the hair dryer, at the same time the water boiler (running from the mains) heats the water.