How a single axle tractor differs from a cultivator – which is better?
High weight and a special design of the tiller allow for equal quality processing of ordinary and clay soil. Machines in this class are usually equipped with a tines. heavy metal wheels. If the task of the owner of the plot is to cultivate virgin soil, there is no more suitable solution. A heavy cultivator can also be trusted with other tasks:
The key difference between power tillers and cultivators is the ability to install attachments: trailer, rotary mower, snow blower, municipal brush and other equipment. In addition, the technique is more powerful and heavy. Thanks to the productive motor and durable knives, it is possible to effectively cope with any soil, clean the garden, plow and dip potato plots. A relatively high price for power tillers is fully justified by the benefits and opportunities that the equipment provides. On a large stretch of land, you can replace almost all manual work with mechanical ones.
Cultivators and power tillers. they are machines for easily and effortlessly working the ground. Single tillers and power tillers are of similar design. But there are also a number of differences, which determine their purpose.
Cultivator. Designed for one operation only. ripping up the ground with cutters mounted on the gear.
With it, you can quickly work a small piece of land (approx. 5. 6 acres):
- Prepare seedbeds for planting;
- Weed the rows in between;
- Prepare the soil for winter by recultivating it after harvesting.
Thanks to their light weight and size, cultivators are often used for tilling soil in greenhouses. Cultivator is ideal for country houses, when you need to take equipment into the city for off-season storage. It does the job perfectly, yet is easy to transport and takes up little space.
As a rule, cultivators are not designed to work with additional attachments. The power tiller, on the other hand, can perform the function of a cultivator as well as working with attachments. We will tell you about power tillers below.
See what the smallest Husqvarna cultivator can do
Want to quickly and without fatigue prepare the soil for planting? Leave your number and we will tell you what equipment does it best
Or call us by phone: 380671339210. 380994510692
What to look for when choosing.
The technique can operate from electricity and gasoline. For small plots usually light electric cultivators are used, they are easy to operate and do not require special maintenance. It is more complicated with gasoline units, before you start working, you need to check the oil level. A two-stroke cultivator consumes more gasoline than a four-stroke. And this technique is very noisy.
When choosing a cultivator, pay attention to such points:
- If your area consists of hills, then ask about the possible slope angle. Because there are models that work at any slope, and there are those who at an angle of no more than 20 degrees.
- If you choose a medium or heavy equipment, then look, that it has a reverse.
- It is good if the cultivator will have several speeds, so it will be possible to use it for different purposes.
The BCS and FOUR main implements for market farms
- For safety it is better to choose cultivators with a special lever, rather than a button, because for emergency braking it is only necessary to pull the lever on itself.
- Similar models may have completely different basic equipment, so before buying study in detail the instruction manual, which says what is included in the kit.
- The working width, which is determined by the width of the cutters, so if your plot is not flat, you need to buy a set of cutters at once. In addition, you should also take into account what kind of soil.
- If you need a powerful machine, then give your choice to heavy cultivators.
of a power tiller
If you decide to buy a single-axle tractor, you need to understand its main characteristics:
- Power. The larger the area to be worked, the more power the machine has to offer.
- Fuel. Motor blocks use both gasoline engines, which work more quietly, they can be started even in winter, and diesel engines, which have less fuel consumption. If on small plots with good soil you can help a gasoline single axle tractor, then on a larger area it is better to take a diesel.
- Weight. The lower the weight, the easier the traction. Sold and wheel weights, but without a starting light weight they are ineffective.
- Working width. The wider the tiller, the more ground it covers. The cutter must be dismountable. If so, you can take some of it off and ride it between the rows with your tiller. But here we must take into account that the wider the tiller, the less the soil is cultivated in depth and more load on the shoulders and back.
- PTO. It is present in all power tillers and is required for aggregating attachments.
- Price. The price of a power tiller depends on the manufacturer: reputable brands are more expensive than the products of Chinese firms.
Service life: which machines are more reliable?
Feedback on the reliability of this or that technical device is very different. On the whole, it is a relative question. After all, both the single-axle tractor and the cultivator are equipped with gasoline engines from different manufacturers. If the engine is good and hardy, and works like clockwork, it will have a longer service life. If the engine is cheap, then the reliability of the technique decreases several times. In addition, much depends on operating conditions: where and how often the machine works, what loads it withstands, what type of soil and the size of plots.
The most reliable and durable power tillers are considered to be diesel. The water-cooled diesel engine has an exponentially longer service life.
The main difference between the walking tractor and the cultivator is the different range of possibilities. There is a quite reasonable question, what is better to plow the land with a cultivator or a power tiller?
Any cultivator, such as the one for the vegetable garden, hand-held for dacha, electric, mini single-axle tractor can only loosen the soil, even if some models have different depths, regulated by raising and lowering the only work item.
It is designed exclusively for tillage. In this regard, its power is low and its capabilities are limited. Powered by an electric source, outlet or battery, sometimes it is a gasoline, and the earliest models are simply mechanical. in the course of their work is driven by human power.
The single–axle tractor has a wider range of functions. This is due to the fact that this tool of labor necessarily has an engine, most often a gasoline engine, and a running gear. Actually, they are the basis of the entire machine. This basis is supplemented by a variety of attachments, which provide the desired type of work. They are not difficult to use:
- To loosen and weed;
- to plow and land;
- to harvest some crops;
- mow the grass;
- to clear paths;
- removing snow;
- transport a load in a trailer.
So, a cultivator is a seasonal, highly specialized tool, while a single–axle tractor is a universal, year-round tool.
The main difference between these two models is the different range of possibilities, as well as their functionality.
The main difference between the cultivator and the power tiller is in the functional component. This equipment is only for tillage and is used seasonally. Cultivator’s indispensable elements are milling cutters that plow the ground.
there are various cultivator models on the market that differ in their power. There are also gasoline, electric and diesel models.
The only disadvantage that can be highlighted is the narrow focus of the equipment.
single axle tractor
The difference between the power block and the power tiller is its high functionality. The equipment can be used for tilling, harvesting, mowing grass, cleaning the area, cargo transportation, snow removal, and much more. This is due to the possibility of using a wide range of attachments and a powerful engine, which is a mandatory element of the unit.
- higher power of work;
- treatment of any types of soil
- Maneuverability, high passability;
- multifunctionality through the use of attachments.
Among the disadvantages of this equipment are its rather large size and higher price.
What is the difference between a power tiller and multifunctional power tillers?
Both machines are very similar. They are bought by farmers to cultivate the land before planting and during harvesting. However, they have significant differences:
- Moto-cultivators are aimed at loosening the soil and preplanting. Motor cultivators, on the other hand, can also clean the territory, clear snow, chop firewood and transport a variety of loads. All these functions depend on one or another attachment;
- Motor cultivators can run on electricity, which is very convenient for small areas. Motor cultivators, on the other hand, have an engine that runs on gasoline or diesel;
- Moto-blocks have a power take-off mechanism, and are moved by wheels or trenchers. Only very powerful power tillers can do the same;
- Motor cultivators have much less power. This is because they perform much less function;
- Power tillers weigh a lot more. This is necessary in order to do difficult work, such as working on old hard ground, when there is a chance of the machine tipping over. Also, the weight helps create a better grip on the ground;
- A motor cultivator is much cheaper. If you do not have a large plot, and you do not need a machine that will perform a large number of tasks, then you do not need to overpay.
Motor cultivators are bought by those who have small farms. Then such a machine will be a good helper and will take most of the heavy work on itself. It will help you not only to quickly perform all the work, but also to save your health.
What is a power tiller?
A power tiller is a piece of equipment designed to till the ground. It comes in gasoline or electric. It has a lot of advantages, and the characteristics that you should pay attention to before buying.
So, gasoline power tillers are the most powerful, and come in these types:
- Ultra-light. Weight of about fifteen kilograms, horsepower not more than 1.6. Designed for small vegetable gardens. Have the most minimal set of attachments. Well, of course, the price is also small;
- Light. The weight is about forty kilograms, and the power is up to 4.5 horsepower;
- Medium. Weight about 60 kilograms, and the power can already reach 6 horsepower;
- Heavy. Already considered professional. Power above 6 horsepower, and the weight depends on what tools you’ll be using on it. Designed for heavy types of soil.
Electric cultivators are different in that they can handle only small areas. And you’re always connected to the power grid. However, the care of such equipment is very simple, and management will not cause difficulties. So if you have a very small vegetable garden, there is no sense in overpaying.
Before you buy, find out the following points. What angle of the soil will be able to work? Usually it’s no more than 20 degrees, but there are models designed for higher slopes. Also find out if there is a cutter that allows you to work on difficult types of soil. Specialists and consumers recommend buying equipment with several speeds. This will allow you to control the process of work.
How to choose mototekhnika?
First of all, decide what you need it for. If you have to perform loosening, cultivation, weeding, it is enough to buy a motor cultivator for the garden. Other operations will require a single–axle tractor.
Also consider the following characteristics:
- Plot size. For processing a field of 4-8 acres, a model with a capacity of about 3.5 liters is enough. с. For plots up to 12 acres. 4 liters. с. Technics up to 6 liters of power. с. Will help you work up to 35 acres. For areas larger than 1 hectare use a 6-9 liters heavy power tillers. с.
- Engine type. Equipment may be gasoline or diesel-powered. Take into account fuel availability. Diesel equipment is designed for more intensive loads, but gasoline units are lighter and more maneuverable.
- Working width and depth. The working width is determined by the size of the area. The bigger it is, the wider the coverage has to be, otherwise it will take a long time to walk back and forth along the field. Depth of treatment selected based on the tasks to be performed. Different models of equipment can dig over the soil to a depth of 30-40 cm or loosen only the upper layers, without affecting the tubers and roots of trees.
- Equipping. It is very convenient when the motor cultivators on wheels are delivered in a complete set with a mill, and power tillers are supplemented with attachments. But the purchase of equipment in the basic set will allow you to choose attachments yourself and not overpay for unnecessary functionality.