How much oil to pour into the gasoline for the grass trimmer
Recipe for fuel mixture: how much oil to add to gasoline
Tool manufacturers often write “follow the proportions and recommendations on the oil package”, and oil manufacturers recommend reading the instructions for the tools. What to do if you are in such a situation? Start with a ratio of 1 to 33. That is, for five liters of gasoline, add 150 milliliters of oil. If you see white smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe of your mower, it means that you have poured too much oil, but next time use the ratio 1 to 40 (125 ml of oil for 5 liters of gasoline). If the machine is running rough or overheating, stop the engine and drain the fuel. Raise the oil concentration to a ratio of 1 to 20. 250 milliliters of oil per five-liter tank.
And now about how to mix the components correctly. However, it would be more logical to start with analysis of widespread, but absolutely unacceptable mistakes made by many owners of this mowing machine. The following are considered mistakes in mixing the fuel mixture.
- Adding oil to the fuel in the brushcutter’s gas tank. It is not possible to obtain a homogeneous fuel mixture in this way. It might work, if only to shake the grass trimmer for a long time afterwards. But it is unlikely that someone will do this, given the weight of the machine.
- Pour oil into the mixing tank first, and then add gasoline to it. Gasoline has a lower density than oil, so if you pour it into the oil, it will remain in the upper layer, that is, there will be no natural mixing. Of course, you can mix it up later, but it will take much more energy than if you do it the other way around. pouring oil to the poured gasoline.
- Ignoring accurate measuring tools to take the necessary volumes of ingredients used. In other words, dilute the amount of oil or gasoline “by eye” is a bad habit when operating motorized machinery.
- Taking empty drinking water bottles to prepare the fuel mixture. The containers are made of thinner polyethylene which can dissolve with gasoline.
Taking all the above mentioned into consideration, we recommend to use the following rules when mixing the fuel mixture for the two-stroke engines of the grass trimmer.
- Use only clean containers made of metal or special plastic for storing gasoline, oil, ready-to-use fuel mixture and for preparing it.
- Use a watering can to pour petrol into the expansion tank to avoid spilling, and a measuring cup with volume markings or a 5 ml and 10 ml medical syringe to add oil.
- First pour petrol into the canister to prepare the fuel mixture, and then oil.
- To dilute mixture first pour only half of the planned volume of gasoline into the container.
- Next, add the full amount of oil required for the mixture to the gasoline.
- Thoroughly mix the contents of the dilution container. It is best to stir in a tightly closed container in a circular motion. You should not stir fuel with any foreign object inside the canister, as it is unknown what material this object is made of, what kind of reaction it may have with the ingredients of the mixture and how clean it is.
- Add the rest of the gasoline to the stirred mixture and stir thoroughly again.
- You can fill the lawnmower’s fuel tank with the prepared mixture.
How to dilute gasoline with oil for grass trimmer. step-by-step instructions
The fuel must be mixed in specific proportions.
If the fuel mixture is diluted with not enough lubricant, the mower parts will wear out quickly
The optimal oil to gasoline ratio can be found in the trimmer manual. As a rule, it is equal to 1:50, 1:40 or 1:25.
Dilute gasoline with a lubricant component must first be in a suitable container: doing it immediately in the fuel tank is prohibited. If you ignore this rule, the work of the motor can be inconsistent, as a consequence of which the tool will quickly fail. To dilute the fuel mixture do not use plastic cans or bottles, because gasoline can dissolve this synthetic material. Order of fuel mixing:
- Pour a liter of gasoline into a container (metal canister is optimal).
- Add half of the required oil proportion.
- Stir the liquids thoroughly, keeping them away from open flames.
- Pour the rest of the lubricant into the container and stir the mixture again.
- Pour fuel into the fuel tank of the grass trimmer.
The work should be carried out wearing a respirator and rubber gloves. You can use a watering can for easy pouring. The ready mixture should not be kept longer than 3 months, it is better to dilute exactly as much fuel as you need for the planned work in the near future. Always choose a high-quality oil for mixing with gasoline, it is better to buy it at a trusted gas station.
Oils and fuel proportions
To calculate the ratio of ingredients for making the grass trimmer dressing, follow the recommendations on the oil package. The standard ratio is 1:50. You can use any quality oil for two-stroke engines.
How to Assemble Grass cutter Maintenance Tips
How much oil to add to the gasoline for grass trimmer 1 50
Jeanne The instructions usually recommend using brand-name gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 90 ROZ.
This basically means AI-92 or AI-95, and you have to give priority to AI-95. In the instructions which are enclosed to the product, it is written in what ratio you should mix the oil with petrol. For example, for trimmers STIHL FS 250, it is 1:50, which means that for five liters of gasoline you need to pour 100 grams of Mala Valentina. Here.
Grigory For two-stroke engines, 20 ml per gallon
Arthur 1:50, i.e. 1 liter of oil for 50 liters of gasoline. As for a motorcycle and scooter.
Yaroslav trimmer for the grass is the oil for two-stroke engines and oil per liter of gasoline is diluted depending on the capacity of the engine. Look in the passport. it should say 1:50 is 20 grams of oil per gallon of gasoline, if 1:40 is 25 grams. oil per liter of gasoline. if it is up to 1.5 kW engine then 20gr. per liter of gasoline if above 15.kW then 25gr. oil per liter of gasoline.
Gennady IF 1 : 50 then 100 grams. OIL PER 5 LITERS OF GASOLINE
Tags: How much oil to add to the gasoline for grass trimmer
Grass trimmer lubrication. how to choose gear oil?
The grass trimmer gearbox often suffers from excessive wear due to high loads. In order to reduce it and to prolong the life of the unit you need to use the right oil.
Grass trimmer lubricant must comply with a number of factors:
- Viscosity. the gear oil used should be a high-viscosity material that begins to change its consistency when exposed to high temperatures;
- High adhesion. gear oil must have adhesion to the parts of the mechanism. At the same time, the lubricant should not squeeze out of the gaps of the node;
- brand. the quality of modern lubricants depends directly on their manufacturers. STIHL, Makita, Husqvarna and Huter lubricants have proven to be the best in practice.
The amount of lubricant applied to the gearbox is also important. In most cases, service centers do not give a direct answer to the question of how much and how often to change the oil in the gearbox. In this connection, each owner of a grass trimmer should independently determine the amount and frequency of lubricant replacement, based on their own experience in operating a garden tool.