How much oil to put in your chainsaw. Characteristics of Domestic Chainsaws
What oil to use for petrol cutters and chainsaws #short #like #shortvideo #shorts #top #trending
What’s the right oil to gasoline ratio for a chainsaw?
Hi there! This article is about the right oil to gasoline ratio for a chainsaw. This is probably the most important thing to know when operating this machine. Lack of oil will lead to excessive friction, and too much oil will lead to excessive fouling and overheating. Both will result in rapid engine failure. Repair can cost you half the price of a new chain saw.
In addition to the right proportions, we are going to talk about other important things that will serve your chainsaw for a long time. what gasoline to use, what oil to pour, how to dilute it, the storage time of the mixture, etc so I advise you not to stop reading the article after the section on proportions, because there will also be information that will come in handy.
Why do you need to dilute the lubricant?
At the very beginning it is necessary to deal with the cause of fuel dilution. The mixture used for a chainsaw is diluted primarily to prolong the life of its owner. The instructions for it strictly forbid operation without diluting the gasoline.
The basis of the chainsaw motor is a piston internal combustion engine. It consists only of a cylinder, so it has no additional systems for lubricating parts. The mixture enters it, settles in, and lubricates the piston rings and walls. In tools such as chainsaws, oil with gasoline acts as a one-of-a-kind lubricant. The mixture extends the service life of all parts.
In addition, it contains additives that are good for engine performance. It has antioxidant, preservative and other properties, which are also useful for the engine and its parts.
2-stroke engine oil according to American Petroleum Institute (API), American Petroleum Institute classification has API-TB class, there are also API-TC class oils, but they are designed for operation with lower loads than most chain saws widespread at us. If to take power class according to classification of Japan Automobile Standards Organization (JASO), then to be guided by JASO-FB and JASO FD classes.Table 1 below.).Never use oils for four-stroke engines! Remember that in a two-stroke engine the oil has to burn completely, so it is better to use synthetic oil, as it produces less smoke and combustion residue. And if you put four-stroke oil in your chainsaw that doesn’t burn completely and you end up with carbon deposits, you will have a failed cylinder block. The best guide for choosing chainsaw oil is the instruction manual for your chainsaw.
When preparing a fuel mix of gasoline and chainsaw oil, be sure to look at the manufacturer’s recommendations. Why it is so important to follow these recommended proportions? If the amount of oil in the gasoline is too low, the cylinder and piston will heat up and consequently scoring will occur, which will cause the cylinder and piston to fail and be repaired. If there is a lot of oil in the gasoline, it will foule and fail again.Each manufacturer has its own recommended proportions (see the chart below).table 2 below). Try not to store the finished mixture for more than a month. Do not store in direct sunlight or in the open air. Avoid water and dust: it will cause damage to the carburetor, as the fuel filter is often unable to completely clean the fuel.
Since people often come from search engines on queries like “how much oil to pour for 1,2,5 liters of gasoline,” I add another table under which you can find out how much oil to add to gasoline according to the accepted proportions. You can find the recommended proportions in table 2 or more accurately in your chain saw’s manual.
What gasoline to fill?
The quality of the fuel material affects the traction of the engine, the speed and coherence of all elements of the system. Different saw models are filled with fuel with different octane rating. Local tool manufacturers advise to use low grade fuel AI-80. Sometimes a mixture of AI-80 and AI-92 is made. For foreign models octane number should not be less than 90, so gasoline AI-92 and AI-95 is recommended. In all cases unleaded fuel should be used so it does not contain lead, which is harmful to the parts of the tool. How to Dilute Gasoline and Oil for Gasoline Saw? You should always follow the recommendation of the engine manufacturer. Otherwise it is quite easy to damage the tool and break all the factory settings.
STANLEY Jr. Toys Play Along | Toy Chainsaw | BBQ Grill | Circular Saw | Power Drill
Who is just getting acquainted with a chainsaw and makes attempts to do some household chores, instead of fuel AI-92, fill it with AI-95, believing that it has the best quality. Gasoline with an octane number of 95 is made from AI-92 by adding additives. Two-stroke engines are negatively affected by special additives because of their construction. They accumulate on the inner walls of the tool and eventually flake off, disrupting its operation. Therefore, experts advise to buy only AI-92 for the preparation of a mixture for chain saws.
Instructions for preparing the mixture
When quality fuel and good special oil are prepared, all that is left is to prepare the mixture:
- Take a suitable measuring container. Many saws come with one free of charge. The main thing is that it should have divisions and a tightly screwed cap. The volume should be two or three times that of the gas tank. It allows you to prepare a mixture with a small margin.
- Using a funnel, pour petrol into a suitable container. Do not refill to the edge of the finger by four, so that there is still room for shaking later.
- Draw a suitable amount of oil into the syringe with the needle removed. It is most convenient to use a 20cc syringe. per liter of gasoline this is just the proportion of 1/50. Squeeze the oil out of the syringe into the container with the gasoline
- Screw on the plug and shake the container. After you open it up, the mixture should be an even, pale shade of the same color as the oil. After that you can safely pour it into the gas tank.
Requirements for the fuel to be used
The primary fuel component in a carburetor engine is unleaded gasoline. Experimenting with the question of what gasoline to pour into the chainsaw should not. Its brand must meet the requirements set out in the passport of the tool and the instructions for its use. Failure to follow this rule may result:
- to a sharp decrease in the power of the saw and its uneven operation in the case of using gasoline with a lower octane number;
- Overheating of the engine components if the recommended octane rating is exceeded.
Dilute gasoline for a chainsaw with dubious mixtures is strictly forbidden, so you should use the services of the nearest filling station. Remember that apart from the octane number automobile fuel has many other indicators, which change depending on the season.
Do not keep a large supply for a long time. In winter conditions, the engine may not start on gasoline purchased in the summer.
Most drivers know that a two-stroke engine runs on gasoline and oil. Therefore, it is recommended to comply with the proportions that are specified in the product data sheet.
Of course, that some vehicle owners, who have a lot of experience, create the proportion “by eye”. However, each time such a mass will have a different ratio. It will adversely affect the performance of the engine. That’s why you should read the instructions on the packaging.
Recommended requirements for the operation of the mixture:
- The amount of oil component should not be reduced when mixing with fuel. Adhere to a mixing ratio of 1:50. This is how much oil? Know the exact amount before pouring the mixture into the crankcase. Oil is not a cheap component, and that is why people often try to save money. But it may contribute to a lot of heating of the system. The proportions of oil should therefore be observed. Not enough oil may also lead to burrs, which can reduce the life of the engine.
- Nor should large quantities of oil be used. Exceeding its volume is a negative factor for engine operation. That leads to higher carbon deposits and engine wear.
- It is not recommended to store the prepared fuel mixture for more than 30 days. Otherwise, it loses the necessary properties, and its use will significantly reduce the service life of the engine.
- It is required to monitor that there was no dust, dirt in the composition, because it will also have a negative impact on the operation of the motor.
What will happen if you do not take into account the manufacturer’s recommendations??
STIHL 180 chain saws with improperly mixed fuel and lube oil and inadequate proportions cause the following problems:
- Increased friction will increase wear on the working surfaces of the parts.
- Insufficient lubricant will cause bearings to break down.
- Full functioning of mechanical units is impaired due to premature wear of parts, their service life is considerably reduced.
- Use of lower-grade gasoline and oils reduces the performance of the machine and can lead to damage to important components.
Fuel is prepared before the filling of the saw, avoiding its excessive contact with oxygen. When work is complete, the remaining mixture must be drained.
How to correctly fill up your chainsaw with gasoline and oil mixture
Store the freshly made mixture in a dark room for not more than 2 weeks. It is best to mix just before using the tool. The filling procedure is realized by performing the following manipulations:
- Before unscrewing the cap, you need to clean the surface, or better yet, blow out with a compressor hose.
- Put the chainsaw on its side so that the cover is on top. It is important to remember that it is necessary to refuel not in the wind to prevent dust and other dirt from getting into the tank.
- Put a watering can on the neck, which eliminates the possibility of fuel spillage.
- Fill the tank, but do it so that there is room. This is done to prevent gasoline from leaking when the cap is screwed on.
- After refueling your chainsaw, be sure to add oil to the chain lubrication tank.
We start the engine and make sure it works properly. The smoke should come out of the chain saw in light color and in voluminous quantities only at higher revs.