How to adjust the stihl chainsaw. Repair of the chainsaw STIHL MS-180 with your own hands.
Adjusting the carburetor of the chainsaw of Stihl 361 with your own hands
Three adjusting screws are designed mainly for factory adjustment. After assembling the carburetor and saw, each of them is tuned alternately, on special stands, taking into account the features of each chainsaw of the Stihl MS 361 chainsaw. The screws are securely fixed and do not spin spectacularly spontaneously. Adjustment is rarely required. Namely:
- With a critical wear of the piston system, when the degree of compression (compression) has changed a lot.
- When replacing the piston system, when the chainsaw does not work like during the factory setting.
- When working in the mountains, where, due to low atmospheric pressure, the engine does not have enough oxygen, and it is necessary to increase the air supply (impoverish the mixture).
In other cases, idle speed is most often required if the engine stalls in this mode.
A feature of the Stihl MS 361 chainsaw is easy access to the carburetor. It is enough to remove the lid and the air cleaner. Therefore, no tool is needed for adjustment, except for a screwdriver. For professional adjustment, a tachometer will be required. He will show the number of idle and maximum revolutions. Proper adjustment should provide 2500 rpm in idle and 10,000 rpm at maximum speeds.
In the absence of a tachometer, maximum turns are determined by ear. Idle. In two borders: the chainsaw should not stall when the idle speeds are small, the chain should not move when the turns are too large.
The tachometer allows you to more accurately adjust the maximum and minimum speed of the chainsaw
Fixing Chainsaw STIHL MS180 / Change Cylinder and Piston / Repair Chainsaw
A step.By.Step adjustment algorithm
Before adjustment, you need to make sure that the air filter is clean. If it is scored, there may not be enough air to complete combustion of the fuel mixture. Therefore, the engine works incorrectly. Perhaps adjustment is not required, but you need to clean or change the filter.
The filter is removed and tried how the engine works without it. If good, then the problem is in the filter.
The presence of a carrier in the sparkler and a silencer grate is also checked. If the output of exhaust gases is difficult, the engine also works incorrectly and the problem is not in setting up the carburetor.
The manufacturer of the chainsaw of the Stihl MS 361 in the operating manual (.37) recommends the next algorithm for adjusting the carburetor:
- High speed adjusting bolt H rotate clockwise until it stops, but not more than 3/4 turnover.
- The cloth of the idle stroke l is twisted clockwise until it stops. Then turn counterclockwise for 1/4 turnover.
- Start and warm up the engine for 7-10 minutes.
- Further, the idle stroke is adjusted to the adjustment of the stubborn screw LA when the engine is running. It is screwed clockwise, increasing idle speed until the chain starts to move. Then the lace of the la is unscrewed by 1/2 turnover.
- If, when adjusting the La screw, it is not possible to adjust the idle speeds correctly (the engine stalls or the circuit spins), they are adjusted with a screw L. It is unscrewed by 1/4 turnover. Then they continue to adjust the La screw, unscrewing it counterclockwise until the chain stops. Then in the same direction is about 1/2 turnover. But so that the engine is not stalled at idle.
In addition to the recommendations of the manufacturer, there are practical points for adjusting the carburetor.
Adjusting screws of the carburetor of the chainsaw STIHL MS 361
Nuances that you need to know
When turning any screw, the factory setting changes
STIHL MS 180 C cutting a big dangerous cherry tree
Therefore, it is extremely important to remember or write down the number of revolutions for which the position of the screws has changed when adjusting. For example, if the screw is twisted to the stop, it must be twisted, be sure to count the speed
Only this will make it possible to return to the parameters of the factory adjustment if it turns out to be unsuccessful.
High speed adjustment is easiest to carry out with a running engine. The screw n is rotated with small steps on 1/4. 1/2 turnover in one direction or another. By pressing the gas handle, they try how the engine reacts to the change in the settings. Changes in revolutions are determined by ear or using a tachometer.
After adjusting high speeds, it is most often required to correct the adjustment of the idle.
Why flies a candle on a chainsaw: reasons and solutions
Household and professional chainsaws are equipped with simple in design and reliable in operation with two.Stroke internal combustion engines. A significant part of the drive failures occurs due to malfunctions of the fuel system. Why flies a candle on a chainsaw and how to eliminate this malfunction with your own hands?
The components of the entire chain assortment power units work on a precisely dosed fuel mixture and special engine oil intended for the operation of two.Stroke engines.
In the carburetor, the fuel and air are mixed in the proportion of 1:16, after which the air-Benzine emulsion is supplied to the combustion chamber.
The consequences of the engine with unexplored fuel equipment
The traction characteristics of the engine and the duration of its resource depend on the composition of the mixture.
- Work on a poor mixture initiates a drop in power, overheating of the cylinder and intensive wear of loaded parts and nodes of a chainsaw.
- Work on a rich mixture is no less dangerous. The malfunction is manifested by an increase in the time of access to the working turnover, an increased fuel consumption, smoke from a silencer.
- There is also an intensive formation of soot in the combustion chamber, loss of mobility of piston rings.
Algorithm for determining the causes of poor mixture of formation
In any case, a wet candle on a chainsaw indicates a clearly expressed imbalance in the fuel.Air emulsion. With the ratio of fuel and air 1:14, sparking conditions worsen, lack of air prevents the normal combustion of fuel emulsion compressed in the combustion chamber.
The main reasons for re.Enriching the mixture in most cases are standard:
Risks of use of poor.Quality fuel
The composition of various low.Octane gasolines and fuel surrogates contain alcohol components, for the complete combustion of which it takes more time. The economy of the use of such fuel is dubious, since there are a number of factors confirming inefficient work and forced engine wear.
Smalling the candle is facilitated by the use of heat-resistant motor oils for 4-stroke engines, a large wear of compression rings or the entire piston group as a whole.
Recommendations for eliminating faults
In the first case, the problem is solved by bringing into good condition of the air intake device. It is recommended to blow out the resource of the paper filter in the backflow of air, at best replace. Methods of cleaning filters of other types are indicated in the attached operating manuals.
- Carburetor adjustment is carried out at the engine heated to the operating temperature. The power unit is displayed to the optimal mode by rotating the adjustment screws of the quantity and quality of the mixture. The success of the work is determined by knowledge of the design of the fuel system, the interaction of all components.
- In particular, the increased difficulty in adjusting carburetors with built.In compensators and other automatic control elements. Such equipment is configured using special equipment, which is equipped with service-repair centers.
If the engine cannot be tuned, the cause of excess fuel in the emulsion may be a violation of the valve tightness or freezing of the float of the carburetor itself.
The final result of the work performed:
- Fast speed set;
- Stable work in idle mode;
- Restoration of traction parameters;
- Lack of increased smoke and detonation noise.
Criteria for the selection and operation of spark plugs
The easiest indicator of the quality of the mixture is the faory insulator of the central electrode of the spark plug. Any shade of brown color indicates the normal quality of the mixture, a white or smoked insulator indicates a poor or re.Enriched composition of the emulsion.
The viburnum of the operated candle must meet the stated requirements.
- The cause of sinking can be the so.Called “cold” candle, which can be visually determined by a short insulator. Interruptions in sparking are possible with improper adjustment of the clearance or due to natural burnout of contacts.
- The recommended distance between the contacts of the candle is indicated in the instructions, in the absence of information, you can focus on the standard value of 0.7-1 mm. With a smaller gap, the efficiency of fire.Air emulsion is reduced, with increased, interruptions in sparking are possible.
- It is not recommended to burn a damp or oiled candle on an open flame due to the risk of cracking and premature failure.
Crossing the mixture in the combustion chamber of a technically serviceable chainsaw is eliminated by blowing the engine. To do this, just turn out the candle and handle the crankshaft several times with a hand starter.
The procedure for adjusting the STIHL MS 180 carburetor:
In the instructions for MS 180 it is described how to standardly configure idle on a chainsaw:
We turn the blanket of the idle speed against the sentry until it does not go tight, then we turn it off for two clockwork clockwork. Voila! Tun
If your saw has too low idle speeds, then we carry out the following actions:
If you have high speeds and the chain does not stop spinning:
- We turn the blanket adjustment screw counterclockwise until the chain stops moving.
- We rotate the screw even on a hollow against the sentry.
If you fail to independently adjust the idle speed, you must contact a specialized service center.
Husqvarna sawing carburetor adjustment.
For the run.In mode, so that the parts are received in sufficient quantities, the tuning of the Husqvarna chainsaw carburetor is made in such a way that the maximum speed is 600–700 rpm. Below working. If there is no way to install the working maximum frequency in the tachometer, you should not change preliminary settings with a screw H. Exceed the value of the maximum number of revolutions by the manufacturer prohibited. If, after the adjustment is completed, when operating the engine at idle, the saw chain moves, you should turn the screw t counterclockwise forced to stop it completely.
For accurately adjusting the saw, at least 10 minutes should be warmed up, installed on a flat surface. The tire should be directed in the opposite direction from the person conducting the setting. At the initial stage, the highest value of the idle frequency should be detected. For this, the screw l is smoothly rotated first from left to right, then vice versa. When the maximum speed was found experimentally, it is necessary to turn the screw L counts on the time to a value of 1/8 to a quarter of full turn.
The idle stroke is tuned with a jacket with a marked letter t. It must be rotated from left to right until the chain starts moving. Then smoothly serve in the opposite direction until the rotation of the chain stops. The screw h is considered to be established correctly if the noise of the saw at full gas without load remains small. If the exhaust is too smoky and the saw is very noisy, the mixture is too rich. You need to turn the jackpot h clockwise before installing the right sound. How to correctly configure the carburetor, you can watch on the video below.
A chainsaw carburetor is a part of a fuel system of a chainsaw, designed for foggy mixing of gasoline with air and dosing of this fuel mixture to the engine cylinder.
Note: the gasopyle carburetor mixes gasoline with air in a proportion of 1:14, t.E. 1 part of the gasoline with butter is mixed with 14 parts of the air, and adjustment of the carburetor of the chainsaw provides the correct ratio of these components of the fuel mixture.
Preparation for carburetor adjustment
The primary importance when setting all the characteristics of the dosage of the fuel of the STIHL 250 model is the highest adjustment screw located near the muffler. The factory setting, the parameters of which are depicted on the upper plastic cover, provides that it should be twisted on one revolution from a complete twist.
DIREHL 250 with your own hands is adjusted throughout the operation process. Writing the screw enriches the working mixture, since the air-fuel mixture receives a larger volume of gasoline, and tightening the screw impoverishes the working mixture, since the air fuel mixture receives less gasoline.
Adjusting the carburetor will not give positive results if there is an air leak on the engine side through:
Settling STIHL 250 carburetor is set up only after a careful inspection, identifying the existing air leaks. The next step in preparatory adjustment work is the full maintenance of all components and mechanisms.
- Cleaning from deposits, slag, resins;
- Engine washing using a solvent, acetone;
- Replacement of the spark plug;
- Cleaning, air filter washing;
- Checking the tension of the cutting circuit;
- Idle setting;
- Warming up the engine to operating temperature.
Then you can proceed to complex settings manipulations.
Repair of the carburetor of the chainsaw STIHL 180
The main malfunctions of the Carburetor of the Stihl 180 chainsaw can be attributed to the following.
Gasoline does not enter the carburetor. The banal reason is the refusal of the fuel pump. The diaphragm has lost its elasticity or leaked. This happens due to fatigue of the material with prolonged use. As a result, when the diaphragm does not rise in the engine, it does not open the fuel channel with the valve. It can be replaced by a spare from the reprimatum complex by dismantling the carburetor. Gasoline may also not arrive due to the clogged filter element (nets) in the channel between the fuel pump and the needle valve. It is also treated by replacement from the reptile. The carburetor shifts. It is not difficult to guess that the problem lies in the main chamber. Particles of dirt fall into the cavity between the needle and the channel, t.E. The valve does not completely cover the channel when it is necessary and fills the camera. Very often the membrane ceases to perform its functions due to stretching (natural wear). As a result, when lowering the membrane, it does not completely raise the needle, and the fuel continues to arrive. The main membrane is also part of the remote complex. It will not be difficult to replace it. Very often after winter downtime, the owners of the chainsaw of Stihl 180 are faced with a difficult launch. In this case, there is a sticking valve in the nozzle. The manufacturer recommends that the remaining gasoline in the carburetor be laid down before putting the chainsaw. Gasoline is prone to evaporation and with long storage, motor oil remains in the carburetor, when in contact with which the nozzle valve begins to stick to the case. As a result, the fuel does not enter the diffuser. Since the nozzle is not part of the remote complex, you have to knock it out and rinse thoroughly
You need to do this very carefully. If the nozzle nozzle or nozzle is clogged, it is enough to blow them with compressed air. Or rinse in gasoline, in 90 % of cases it helps
But you can not use needles or wires, t.To. There is a risk of changing the passing cross section, thereby changing the throughput of the jet of jackets.
So, you decided to remove the carburetor and diagnose. The removal procedure is as follows:
- Click the gas trigger and lower the leaks lever down. Turn the latch and remove the chainsaw cover.
- We unscrew the 8.Mounted fasteners with a end key and remove the air filter with the case.
- Remove the thrust of gas (throttle) carburetor.
- Disconnect the cable from the control lever
- We take out the engine control lever from our place. In parallel, disconnect the thrust of the air damper.
- Pulling the carburetor on ourselves, we remove it from the stilettos. Do not forget to disconnect the fuel supply hose.
A more detailed and visual algorithm for dismantling the carburetor from the chainsaw is presented in the video.
As for disassembling the carburetor of the Stihl 180 chainsaw, then everything is simple. 1 bolt is unscrewed on the lid of the fuel pump and 4 bolt on the lid of the main chamber. This is enough to change all the necessary components from the remote complex.
After disassembly, the carburetor must be washed in gasoline, and the channels and nozzles should be blown with compressed air. In no case should you blow the carburetor under high pressure and in the collected state. Otherwise you can stretch the membrane or diaphragm. The carburetor will stop working properly.
In order to evaluate the condition of the mesh-filter and membrane, you need to perform the following sequence of actions:
- Unscrew the screw.
- We evaluate the state of the membranes, remove dust and dirt, if necessary, change the membrane to a new. Under the membrane, everything should be purely on the membrane either there should not be dirt
- Check the condition of the mesh-filter for the presence of dirt, if there is clean.
- Collect everything back and disassemble the carburetor from the other side. By unscrewing 4 bolts, remove the lid, remove the membrane and evaluate the condition of the insides. Total need to unscrew 4 screws
- To check the serviceability of the fuel supply, putting the hose to the fitting.
- We blow in it with your mouth, while we open the needle valve with your fingers, everything should work clearly.
- We blow out 2 holes in the nozzles, with the same hose, they must calmly sulk, without excessive effort. If necessary, it is enough to clean the WD-40 with the usual cleaner.
- Remove the jacket-wound on the right, and clean it with a thin wire, on the back.
- We clean and collect everything. When installing the lid, follow the correct installation. See the photo below.
As for the stihl 180 carburetor remote control, it includes a set of gaskets for covers, aperture and a membrane, a needle valve, a rocker with an axis and a spring.
Poor and rich mixtures
A little more about the “poor” and “rich” mixtures.
The “rich” mixture is a fuel mixture in which the amount of fuel supplied to the carburetor exceeds the norm. In this case, the fuel does not have time to burn completely and less energy is produced than with an optimal ratio of fuel and air. Partially irrepressible fuel enters the muffler, then the chainsaw is greatly smoke.
In the “poor” mixture, an excess of air, that the same is not good, since it has its cons of. Namely: insufficient energy during the outbreak (which means power loss in the end), excessive heating of the cylinder due to insufficient lubrication and high revolutions, which leads to the nozzles, and there is not far from the “jamming” of the engine.
How much does a new carburetor cost
The average question is whether these are original carburetors. In online stores
Stihl 180 chainsaws are in great demand in Russia, primarily due to their reliability. The carburetor was no exception and is also quite reliable and unpretentious. The adjustment or repair of the carburetor is required only after prolonged operation, after at least 5-7 years (with average workload). The setting process itself is as simplified as possible by StiHL engineers, this is the first chainsaw in which only one screw is provided for adjustment.
The consumer can repair the chainsaw of the Stihl chainsaw independently due to the simplicity of the design. The instrument that proven in the construction segment has a capacity of 1400 W, the engine volume 31 cubic meters. Cm.
The tool has excellent recommendations, popularity among users. This is due to a reasonable price and quality characteristics. However, the operation of the chainsaws is periodically accompanied by breakdowns.