How to change downshift on your power tiller
Why do you need a reduction gear on your MotoBlock??
The main advantage of the Stenley 1900 power tiller is the reduced gear, which allows for better plowing and other operations. A single-axle tractor does not “jump” on a downshift, goes slowly and grounds the attachment to the maximum depth.
Release the accelerator pedal, depress the clutch pedal and simultaneously move the transmission lever into neutral. 3. Release the clutch pedal and simultaneously depress the accelerator pedal briefly (full throttle) until the tachometer needle reaches about 4,000 rpm.
Ways to increase speed on a power tiller
The single-axle tractor. a must for farmers. Increasing the power of the walking tractor increases productivity and speeds up farm work. To improve technique can be both own hands and bought the necessary accessories.
A single-axle tractor is a kind of mini-tractor, sharpened to carry out a variety of agricultural operations on relatively small areas of soil.
Its purpose. to perform arable work on small and medium-sized plots of land, cultivate the land with a harrow, cultivator, tiller. Also power tillers can cultivate potato and beet crops, mow grass, and transport loads (when using a trailer).
Additional attachments can also be used to broaden the list of tasks performed by this powerful, indispensable in many cases machine: a trailer-trolley for cargo transportation weighing up to half a ton, milling machines, harrows, etc. д.
There are gasoline and diesel varieties of power tools. In most diesel units are more powerful than their gasoline counterparts. gasoline-powered devices win in the price class. they are cheaper. But the choice largely depends on the size of the land and the frequency of use of this technique, because diesel fuel is more affordable than gasoline.
Moto-block devices are available in two- and four-wheel configurations. Not all machines have the reversing function. reverse.
Which one of the Scout is better to buy: let’s study all the nuances
How to increase the speed of the motor block
I just want to go for a quick ride. You don’t need it for your work. and driving at higher speeds is more of a burden on the engine. You’ll get your guts kicked out on a dirt road.
Kadik: Yura.I agree with you.We have a LEADER on the flywheel, so the LEADER (on the flywheel) is smaller. more traction, less speed.DRIVE is bigger. more traction, faster.reduce traction.
Anatoliy Balanuk: And how to find traction? more less?
At the beginning let us find out what power tillers are considered the fastest? Do domestic producers have advantages or the palm is unconditionally belongs to foreign competitors?
By the way, it is quite difficult to determine the absolute winner in terms of maximum speed, not only that today there are a great many models of power tillers from different producers, but it is possible to modernize this multipurpose agricultural unit independently.
The number and speed values of an engine block depend on the engine and gearbox installed in the unit.
The power tillers MTZ-05, MTZ-12 have 4 speeds forward and 2. reverse. Minimal speed corresponds to the first gear, when switching to the next one, speed increases. The minimum forward speed for the above models is 2.15 km/h, the maximum reverse speed is 2.5 km/h; the maximum forward speed is 9.6 km/h, the maximum reverse speed is 4.46 km/h.
Mobil-K G85 D CH395″ /Grillo has the maximum forward speed of 11 km / h, reverse. 3 km / h. The gearbox offers the possibility of shifting between three forward and two reverse speeds. Do not forget that all these figures are true for unimproved models.
“Mobil-K Ghepard CH395”. single-axle tractor of Russian production, has gearbox 41, can accelerate up to 12 km/h.
Ukrainian single-axle tractor “Motor Sich MB-6D” can reach a speed of 16 km / h, the gearbox is six-speed (42).
The “Kentavr MB 1081D” is a Russian-made tractor, but it is produced in Chinese factories. This model is considered the fastest among the heavy motor tractors. The maximum speed of its movement is 25 km / h! It is referred to as a diesel engine block, unlike the above models. they work on gasoline.
Single-axle tractor. indispensable equipment for a gardener
single-axle tractor is a tractor by design, but with one axle. A piece of equipment you can’t do without when tilling the ground. The term single-axle tractor came into use more often in the 1980s, earlier this machinery was called a walking tractor or a single-axle tractor.
It makes monotonous manual work of loosening the soil for planting various garden crops much easier. over, a single-axle tractor can perform several functions at a low cost.
The way this equipment is operated is as follows: a man walks behind the power tiller, steering the steering wheel.
The power tillers are divided into wheeled and power tillers. They are distinguished by the way they are aggregated. The first one is put into operation by the movement of the wheel undercarriage. The second one has a wheel part that is replaced by a tiller.
This technique has a gasoline or diesel engine, which drives the unit, and a wheel pair For field work, you may also need other devices, which are connected through the trailer device of the motoblock.
How to increase power of power tillers with rear speed
Installing a reverse speed on a power tiller is another way to improve a single-axle tractor. The availability of reversing depends on the size and models. Can work on any kind of machinery, it all depends on the tasks set for the technique, whether it is a light or heavy single axle tractor, or power tiller. For machines weighing up to 30 kg there is no need for reverse gear, but with a heavier machine it is more difficult to weed without it.
A gear reducer is a transmission that works between the wheels and the motor. The reverse gearbox consists of a coupling located between the gears and are on the main shaft. Angular is responsible for working the transmission with the engine, which affects power. Reducing gear is responsible for reducing the number of revolutions, which contributes to the increase in power. The main task of this system is to provide reverse speed.
What would make this mechanism at home, first you need to make the body. Then choose the necessary parts. But it’s better to buy a ready-made reducer.
Angular gearbox for single axle tractor
Angular reducers are often used in the automotive industry. Effective work is achieved by installing such a unit.
This kind of gearbox is needed to provide a connection between the transmission and the engine itself. You can take a prefabricated gearbox and simply modify it.
Main structural elements of the bevel gear unit
There are several basic elements in the gearbox, including: a flange, the body from the generator itself, the pulley with V-belt type transmission, steel washer, pulley mounting, steel key, rotor shaft, flange mounting, flange bearing and others.
Selection and use of pulleys for the Moto-Block
- Types of attachments on a single axle tractor
- Choosing a power tiller
- How to increase the speed of your Moto-Block
- How to Reverse Gear on a Moto-Block
Pulley. this is the part of the motoblock, which is responsible for the transfer of rotation from the engine to the attachment. Usually transmitted by a belt. The pulley can also be used to control the rotation of attachments on the power tiller. We will explain some of its technical features and how to produce it yourself in more detail on the following pages.
Pulleys purpose and technical characteristics
The pulley for the motor block is an important part of the gearbox, which is responsible for the direction of the force emanating from the motor. It is the pulley that allows the machine to move forwards or backwards and is used to drive the attachment. Pulley is mounted on the main shaft of the engine and transmits the force to the desired wheel with a belt.
Pulleys differ in size and material. The most robust and durable option. pulley made of duralumin, cast iron, steel or aluminum. They are strong enough, resistant to the external environment.
According to the type of manufacture, there are 3 types of pulleys that are suitable for power tillers:
- Disc saws. with a diameter of 80-400 mm;
- pulley with spokes. 180-1000 mm in diameter;
- Monolithic. include two-arm pulleys (25 mm diameter) and three-arm pulleys (100 mm diameter).
As for the shape of the fit holes, there are pulleys with cone-shaped and cylindrical holes according to this criterion. Both types of pulleys have 8 special grooves that need to be carefully maintained and sanded regularly to protect the belts from premature wear.
Also, before the first installation of the pulley on the motoblock gearbox, make sure that the dimensions of the belt perfectly fit this part.
How to Care and Use a Pulley on an Engine
For long and consistent use of a pulley, there are certain rules for its care and use:
- do not forget to regularly clean the pulley guards from foreign particles, dust and dirt. This will keep the part from getting dirty inside;
- Check that the pulley is fastened to the motor axle. At the slightest loosening of the fasteners during vibration, the part will wobble, leading to serious damage and wear of the shaft;
- If there are any serious chips, cracks or scratches on the surface of the part. do not delay replacing it. Because pulley breakage during operation can have quite serious consequences;
- Do not expose the single axle tractor to excessive moisture and do not store it in damp conditions. This can lead to heavy corrosion and pulley breakage.
How to make a pulley on a single axle tractor with your own hands?
There are 2 methods of making a spline pulley for your power tiller.
The first method is simpler. It is necessary to pick up a steel billet of the required size and on the lathe workbench to cut the pulley from it. You can do it yourself (if you have the necessary equipment and skills) or in special workshops.
The second method is a little more complicated, and durability and strength of the pulley made this way will be much lower. But as a temporary substitute in case of emergency this option will work fine.
The manufacturing process itself follows this algorithm:
- Saw out a billet of plywood of the required size.
- Draw a perfectly flat circle on the workpiece, drill a hole exactly in the middle.
- Use the jigsaw to cut a disk in the workpiece. Calculate the size of the disk so that from its edge to the edge of the workpiece left at least 3 cm.
- To grind the edges of the cut disc to a perfectly flat condition, extend through the hole in the center of the drill (it is desirable to put a bolt on the drill). Put the workpiece on the drill and grind on sandpaper with a fine dusting.
- Use a router to make an indentation in the workpiece for the belt. Before you begin, make sure that the cutter will make an optimal recess.
- Measure the diameter of the shaft for mounting and make a corresponding hole in the center of the billet.
We suggest that you also read the video, which demonstrates the process of making a self-made pulley from plywood:
Check the condition of the pulley regularly after it is installed. Such a homemade pulley is suitable for many models of power tillers of well-known brands like Salyut, Neva, Agro, etc. д.
Angular gearbox for power tillers
Angular reducer is widely used in moto-machinery: automotive industry, modified cultivators, industry. When installing an angular reduction reducer on power tillers, more efficient operation is achieved under heavy loads.
Usually uses this type of reduction gearbox to adapt the engine to a chain-driven transmission. Angular gearbox for a power tiller is made from existing samples, similar ones installed on Dnepr or Ural motorcycles. Then the gearbox has to be modified.
Main elements of bevel gearboxes
The components of the bevel gear are: case from generator, flange bearing, rotor shaft, steel washer, steel flange, bevel drive pinion, bevel gear housing, steel key, pinion shaft bearings (2 pcs), driven pinion shaft, pinion shaft bearing steel housing, pulley attachment, belt pulley, flange attachment.
The design of any motoblock converting device (gearbox) consists of a set of motion-transmitting shafts or gears of different diameters encased in a sturdy housing.
The converters are divided into several types according to the type of transmission:
For chain-type reducers, transmission of rotation is provided by using a chain and sprockets, which are installed on the rotary shafts. Belt drive principle is similar to chain drive, but instead of sprockets and chain it uses pulleys and a belt.
Inside the gearbox housing, there are shafts with straight or bevel gears mounted on them. Gears transfer rotation from the motor to the moving parts. Bevel gears are used in angular mechanisms for heavy power tillers.
How to Make a Reduction Gearbox
- The shafts and axes of the gearbox support the gears. As a rule, only shafts with rigid fixation of gears (tight fit, key or splines) are used in single-stage gearboxes. That is, both gears rotate with their shafts. The axle is used when we need to insert an intermediate gear into the gearbox (for example, to ensure that the input and output shafts rotate in the same direction). Such pinion rotates freely with minimal clearance on its axis and is secured against shifting sideways either by a thrust collar and nut or by locking split washers. As a material for the shafts it is recommended to use steel10 45, which has sufficient strength and is well machinable;
- Bearings in the gearbox support the shafts and take up the loads that arise when the gearbox works. The functionality and reliability of the gearbox as a whole depends on the bearing selection. It is better to choose bearings from https://impod for your homemade gearbox.These bearings are of the closed type, which are lubricated with grease and require minimum maintenance. Type of bearings depends on the type of perceived load. In the case of spur gears, conventional single or double row ball bearings will suffice. If the gearbox has helical gears or worm gears, axial load is transferred to the shaft (and therefore the bearings). In this case, a roller or ball angular contact bearing will have to be provided;
- Gears are no less important parts of the gearbox. It is with the gearing that we change the speed of the output shaft. Production of gears requires special metal-cutting equipment, so it is cost-effective to use prefabricated parts from decommissioned units. It is the geometric dimensions of the gears and their ratio which will determine axle spacing between the gearbox shafts and the layout of the gearbox housing. When assembling the gears, it is important to correctly set the clearance between them, as it determines the load capacity and noise level during the operation of the gearbox. To lubricate the gears is well suited liquid industrial oil of I-20 grade, which is poured to such a level to cover the teeth of the lower gear. The other parts will be lubricated by splashing oil into the interior of the gearbox;
- Oil seals on the shafts are needed to prevent oil from seeping out of the gearbox. They are installed on the shaft outlets and are usually fastened in the bearing caps;
- Safety coupling. In order to avoid accidental destruction of gearbox parts due to excessive load, the so-called safety clutch is usually used. This may be in the form of a shear pin, spring loaded friction discs or bellows and is selected on site;
- Bearing caps. These parts greatly facilitate mounting and maintenance of bearing units and can be blind or through. They can be selected from readymade parts or turned on a lathe.
Currently, many owners of home workshops equip them with modern tools and equipment, which with high efficiency and ease of use, greatly facilitates labor, increases its productivity. However, there is still a demand for technically simple devices that can be made by hand at home workshops. One of them is the reduction gearbox.
Small tools are very popular in agriculture. Power tillers and cultivators are often purchased for private households. They allow you to do all the work on the fields without significant costs for the maintenance and operation of equipment.
Combined with appropriate attachments, power tillers are the best option for soil treatment. These machines are in demand because they work quickly and economically, unlike cumbersome and outdated harvesters and tractors.
How much oil to fill in a gearbox of a power tiller
Keep a constant oil level in the gearbox during tillage. If this simple rule is not followed, oil residue may boil and cause parts to stick. Only use high quality oil. Even if the oil level is constantly maintained, there are cases of breakdowns. The chain pulley tears or pulls out. If traces of oil appear on the outside, this is a sign of leaking glands. Worn parts need to be replaced with similar ones. It is better to buy them from a reputable manufacturer.
Gearbox ensures smooth operation of your power tiller, extends its service life and increases the unit’s efficiency. Lubrication is a good helper here. Pour in gear oil for lubrication. Its possible brand is ZIC 10W40, Super T-3. The oil level can be determined this way:
- Take a wire about 70 cm long instead of a dipstick and bend it into an arc;
- Insert it into the filler hole until it stops;
- Pull the homemade dipstick back out;
- the wire should be oiled to a length of about 30 cm.
This level is the norm. If you don’t have enough oil, you need to fill it up to normal. In a purchased gearbox the level should be specified in the manual. Chinese single axle tractor can be sold without oil.