How to cut a molding at 45 degrees
How to cut the corners of ceiling plinth: tips and detailed plan
To choose the right saw, you need to pay attention to well-known, reputable brands. So, the model “Fit 41255” is made of hard plastic. It can cut wood, plastic and metal workpieces
The width of the workpiece to be sawn is 120 mm. Workpieces can be sawed at 45,90,22,5 and 135 degree angles. Fitted with a shoe saw
It can saw blanks made of wood, plastic and metal. The width of the piece to be sawn is 120 mm. Workpieces can be sawed at 45, 90, 22.5 and 135 degrees. Equipped with a shoe saw.
- “Stanley1-20-112” is famous among craftsmen for its accuracy and quality of cut. kerf is made at an angle of 22.5, 45 and 90 degrees in the vertical plane and 45-in the horizontal. Eccentrics firmly clamp the workpieces. The bevel is made of impact-resistant plastic.
- “Zubr15375-75” is also valued by craftsmen, allows to make precise cuts. Made of strong ABC plastic, so it is sturdy and will last a long time.
- Chisel “Stayer 15402” is a professional carpentry tool, which differs from the others by the fact that the workpiece can be sawn from 0 to 180 degrees, graduation step. 15 degrees. Fixing screw firmly holds the workpiece.
- “Fit Profi 41321”.the swivel arm file supplied with the saw is made of steel. Securely clamp the workpiece. the crossbow is made of steel, aluminum or plastic. Length of the working part 60cm.
- “Shampion180” is half a meter long. This rotating drill fixes the workpiece at 45 and 90 degrees, but at the same time can handle polygonal parts (four, five, six, eight and 12 carbon) Chair equipped with a bow saw pitch 1.4 mm. The maximum width of the workpiece is 20 cm. Processing depth-20cm.
- Professional Model “Zubr-Saw” the chair works in horizontal and vertical planes. The swiveling attachment allows for sawing non-ferrous metals, alloys and steel. Scale defines rotation of the saw to the required angle. Stiffness and strength saw blade of this rotating chair helps to cut the corner of the baseboard with filigree precision.
- The Stayer pro tip saw blade lets you work without the need for additional measuring tools because it has a marked base. Metal base is strong, the maximum width of the workpiece that fits on it-160mm. Cutting depth 600mm.Adjustment of sawbow tension, its variable swivel and tilt leads to accurate cutting of blanks.
- Kupper” the chisel has a great functionality. Not only does it swivel by a defined angle, but also the slide moves along the body of the jigsaw on a guide rail. This ability of the carriage contributes to fixing it in the right place of the workpiece. The piece to be sawed. remains stationary and is secured by removable clamps. When machining material in the vertical plane, there is a hinge with a scale. Work pieces can be machined both horizontally and vertically at the same time. You can achieve the right depth of cut with this jigsaw, which is helpful when fabricating parts with cleats. Diameter of the workpiece can be up to 150 mm.
List of necessary materials and tools for work
Making a crosscut with their own hands is not so difficult, if you follow the recommendations of experts. First, make sure that the materials prepared for the job are sanded down
For the manufacture of the crosscut it is important to choose the wood, which must be dried, without dents, have a smooth surface without any defects. Do not choose plastic as the starting material, because it is not strong, and therefore can easily be damaged during the work. Boards made for the tool should have a thickness of about 2 centimeters
Boards made for the tool should be about 2 centimeters thick.
Before starting work, it is worth preparing such devices:
- A ruler and a pencil;
- chalk sandpaper;
- hacksaw for metal;
- a drill with a different set of drills;
- Euro screws (screws);
- hacksaw with small teeth, designed for sawing the baseboard.
All of the above mentioned tools should be sufficient to carry out the work. Among additional devices, a hexagonal wrench can be useful, with the help of which it will be easier to screw the screws. Also before starting work, it is worth preparing individual elements for the homemade tool
Before proceeding to the description of the instruction: how to make a jig with your own hands, let us pay attention to a detailed inspection of the manufacture of parts for the device
A few words about tools and materials
Floor skirting boards are now made of wood or polyvinyl chloride (PVC), simply put, plastic. Ceiling baseboards have a slightly longer list:
The assortment of ceiling skirting boards is much wider than that of the flooring direction.
- Polyurethane. these baseboards have good elasticity and can envelop radial and other curvilinear surfaces, but they need to be trimmed under clear corners in any case;
- Foam. the easiest budget option, the price of foam skirting boards is low and they are very easy to cut;
- PVC. the principle is the same as the floor skirting boards, but the range is much wider;
- Wooden. similar to the floor, only there are still wide models;
- Gypsum. with the advent of polyurethane and foam plastic, gypsum ceiling ties have moved into the background, firstly, they are heavy, and secondly, fragile. But to be fair, it is worth mentioning them.
Since it is impossible to properly trim the ceiling plinth and its floor counterpart without a good tool, we will dwell on this issue in a little more detail.
The best, almost ideal tool for trimming any baseboard and not only is a coping saw with a pivoting frame. The high-speed blade makes smooth, precise cuts, and the base of these units rotates to any angle. The only problem is the serious price of this tool.
Baseboard crosscut saws are the ideal tool for trimming baseboards and more.
It is believed that one of the best hand tools for precisely cutting small bars is a shoe saw. It’s true in principle, but I’ll tell you frankly, it’s not easy to find a really good quality saw even with today’s product range. If you do decide to buy such a tool, then buy a saw with a fine tooth.
The file saw is handy when working with a jigsaw.
Theoretically, foam plastic and polyurethane can be cut with any sharp and sturdy knife. But it is necessary to have a steady hand and at least a little experience in cutting foam plastic. Plus, it’s hard to cut wide bars with a knife.
Without experience, it is very difficult to make a clean cut with a knife.
Personally, in the absence of a trimmer I use only a metal hacksaw. It is suitable for cutting absolutely any material, from Styrofoam to wood. By the way, often asked the question than to cut the plastic skirting boards for the floor, so here. take a hacksaw for metal and just do not make a mistake.
For trimming baseboards, a metal hacksaw is considered one of the best tools.
Using decorative corners
It means the special angular adapters, which are usually equipped with polyurethane and polystyrene friezes. Decorative corners are glued to the very corner, and baguettes to them adjoin on both sides. Trimming in such a case is either not required at all, or is done with a simple office knife.
How to calculate the line for a trimmer connection details on their sides
On the upper back side of the skirting board postpone a distance equal to its width. It is measured from the edge and a trimmer line is drawn parallel to the end. On the upper edge it forms a square with it, on the side, if its dimensions are different. an elongated figure.
When finishing a column or an open aperture, the marking is applied as follows: from the corner of the plinth facing the room, from above spend the hypotenuse that divides the square in half. Its projection is transferred to the face facing the wall. To do this, the space measured on the edge, also divide in half on the diagonal, drawing a line from the hypotenuse. The excess piece is cut off along the two resulting diagonals.
If the joint faces inward, the diagonals are drawn in the opposite direction.
Other trimming methods
As a rule, the evenness of the walls and ceilings is rarely observed in ordinary rooms. If there are minor deviations, they can be corrected when fitting. If the deviation of the angle from the standard 90 degrees is large, you need to know how to cut the ceiling plinth without a plier.
The only way out in such a situation is to perform the procedure, how to cut corners on the skirting boards on the ceiling on the spot:
- To carry out the procedure, how to cut the skirting board on the ceiling, you need to arm yourself with a finely sharpened pencil (with its help you can make clear marks, not visible from a distance), a piece of baguette, a ruler and a good office knife (if plastic or wood skirting board is installed. then the saw).
- Having enclosed a frieze to the corner, make a mark with a pencil on the outer edge. Do the same with the back side of the corner. As a result the lines should form a cross on the ceiling. The point of intersection of marks will be a place of convergence of edges of a ceiling frieze. To transfer the scheme, how to properly cut the ceiling plinth on the corners, the frieze is applied and rests against the end part in the corner.
- Then using a ruler it is necessary to connect the edges of the frieze and the marking. A simple operation, how to cut the skirting board for the ceiling on a hard surface will not give a positive result: a complete connection on the corner cut of two separate baguettes will still not be. In this case it is necessary to carry out additional trimming on the spot. This variant is good for not very wide friezes (up to 5 cm).
- To trim a corner more precisely, it is necessary to put a skirting on the end. When cutting, the knife should move obliquely at an angle of 45 degrees (so that the edge is sharpened). After that, fitting in place, if and will be needed, then on a very small scale.
- A similar procedure, how to properly cut the skirting board on the ceiling, is carried out for the second plank. It must be attached to the place of future installation, keeping the end of the adjoining side of the angle. Then mark the point with a cross, mark the marking and make the cut at the bottom. If any trimming is required, it must be done before the glue is applied.
Similar actions are performed on the outer corner. It is most convenient to first trim one corner and then fit the second corner.
Ceiling plinths made of wood are different from their counterparts. Wood has a sufficiently large weight, which affects the weight of the products made of it. The baseboards as a result are quite dense, very resistant to mechanical damage and solid, which allows you not to fear accidental deformation during installation or cutting.
To trim a wood fillet, it is best to take a fine-toothed hacksaw, designed specifically for fine work with this material. However, a good option would also be a good quality blade on metal.
How to make a wire cutter with their own hands
In stores, the crossbar costs about 250. 300. However, you can make it yourself from the remnants of building materials, which are in any house.
To create a tool will need a board 1 m long or thick plywood of the same size. You will also need:
- Saw a board or plywood into 3 pieces of equal length with a width of 20. 25 cm;
- connect them with self-tapping screws in an inverted U-shape;
- Using a protractor, mark points on the upper parts of the jigsaw so that the line for the trimmer, which connects them, forms the desired angle (if we are talking about baseboards, the marking of 45 and 90 degrees is sufficient);
- cut with a hacksaw slots in the points so that they reach the bottom of the tool;
- Elaborate slots with a rasp so that a hacksaw or a jigsaw can easily fit through them.
Factory corners. an alternative option
Avoid problems when deciding how to properly cut corners on the ceiling plinths, you can use ready-made corners, which are in construction stores a large assortment. In this case, measure the desired length of the main baseboard, cut it at right angles and dock it with the corner element. However, such elements have one significant disadvantage: they look larger than the baseboard. This makes the corner more noticeable and spoils the appearance of the room. In addition, in rooms where the corners differ from 90 degrees, it is quite difficult and inconvenient to install corner elements. But more often than not, baseboards joined with corner pieces look attractive.
Cut the ceiling plinth at the right angle is quite difficult, this procedure requires accuracy and precision. With the help of a special device. a plier. The skirting boards can easily be cut at a 45 degree angle. When lining the baseboard in corners other than 90 degrees, you can use hand marking. To make the ceiling look decent after the repair, you need to know how to cut the ceiling plinth, and select the tools according to the material of manufacture.
What to do if the gaps remain?
If the defects are detected after the work is complete, then few people will like the prospect of redoing it. In this case it is easier to mask them with one of the compounds. The best option for such treatment will be the final acrylic putty. It has a white color and is very malleable. Take the material with your fingers, then press it into the remaining gap, gently distributing it in the hole, smoothing it out. Remove the remaining compound with a damp cloth. As a rule, traces of imperfections at the joints do not remain.
How to cut a ceiling plinth? Need to stock up on the necessary tools and patience, as haste always provokes errors. The main thing in this case. the choice of the optimal method. But attentiveness and accuracy are no less important: skirting boards are made of not too strong material (except for wooden baguettes). They are fragile, so excessive force when working with such products is contraindicated.
On how to cut a ceiling plinth, the author of the following video, which viewers consider the easiest and most understandable, will tell: