How to cut down a big tree with a chainsaw
What should be taken into account when felling trees near the house
It is difficult to fell vegetation, including large trees around houses. Such an action requires a special technology. The following factors may indicate that felling is necessary
- The trunk part is located at an inclination of more than 45 degrees;
- The plant has a tall, thin trunk;
- Cracks and hollows or rotten areas are present.
buildings and structures, power lines, and utility lines in close proximity often limit the work area. In this case it is more often preferable not to felling as a whole, but in parts, by suspending and lowering the already felled elements. This option involves the obligatory use of special equipment or tying and lowering the cut fragments with the help of nearby trees.
After sawing, a stump is left, which is most often removed by means of rooting, which makes it possible to make a quality leveling of the soil surface on the site. In order to reduce the labor costs of such activities, it is recommended to pile the trees, cutting down the roots. Such felling is not done directly, but at an angle to the direction of root growth. Dig up the roots with a shovel, first removing the bark from the top of the roots and tapping the soil, which will reduce the risk of blunting the axe in the process of cutting.
Incredible Fastest Skill Huge Tree Felling With Chainsaw, Dangerous Stihl Chainsaw Cutting Tree Down
Tree felling with an axe and an ordinary saw has become less common recently, which is due to the availability of electric and gasoline-powered saws among countryside property owners. Nevertheless, in particularly complex cases, it is advisable to seek the help of specialists who, with the help of special equipment, perform such work very quickly and as efficiently as possible.
How to cut a tree with a chainsaw: Safety rules for felling trees
Felling trees with an axe and a common saw is a thing of the past, and most homeowners and gardeners today own chainsaws. It is necessary to have a chainsaw. if there are no old trees for cutting, you periodically need to cut branches, and in case of force majeure it often happens that a large tree falls or splits. then you need to know how to correctly cut down a tree with a chainsaw.
This situation can occur both in the woods, where you go on vacation, and in the country house. If you notice that the tree is in an emergency condition and its fall threatens to damage property, you should not wait with felling
Many people do not think about safety, but a few important rules to avoid dangerous situations, you need to learn.
How to correctly fell trees with a chainsaw. safety rules
Proper felling of large trees with a chainsaw in the forest or on the site is not only a laborious, but traumatic process. A small mistake can cause big problems. Having the right tool is not enough. Proper sawing of trees requires compliance with safety techniques, which must not be ignored:
- The employee is sober. any form of intoxication is forbidden (alcohol or drugs). Otherwise there is several times the risk of injury.
- Before you saw and fell a tree correctly check the technical condition of the equipment: quality of sharpening, chain tension, serviceability of the guide bar and other elements.
- It is strictly forbidden to touch the cutting elements with your hands while the engine is running. If you have to handle the tool in any way, shut off the engine first.
- In the course of work use special eye protection or a handkerchief.
- The chainsaw makes a lot of noise. Use earplugs or special earphones before felling.
- Wear a hard hat when you’re cutting the tree. large branches can fall off while you’re cutting.
- Footwear should be chosen according to the rules. it should consist of durable materials (rough leather) with special treads on the soles, which prevent slipping. The toe of the boot is decorated with metal inserts, providing protection from injury in case the chain breaks and gets caught on the foot.
- Clothing made of strong, tight materials that fit the body well. greatly reduces the risk of the tool catching on the thing or winding it up.
- IMPORTANT! Hold the chainsaw with both hands when felling trees.
- than one person cuts a tree.
- Do not refuel your chainsaw indoors or while the engine is running.
- The chainsaw is transported assembled and in a special case.
Do not know how to cut trees with a chainsaw as good as possible and without injury? Follow the safety rules and use the services of professionals.
How to fell a tree. felling rules and sequence of operations
The scheme of felling large and small trees is slightly different. Minor vegetation is removed from the beginning:
- Finding the slope of the trunk. Even a slight pull to one side makes a difference. Ideally straight trees are recommended to be sawn in the most comfortable direction. The size of a single cut can be as big as the radius of a trunk.
- A similar cut is formed on the opposite side. Wait for the plant to start gradually tilting in the chosen direction. First you must correctly cut down the tree with the chainsaw at the level of a tall person’s shoulder, and then separately. significantly reducing the risk of injury.
- Sawing trees with a chainsaw into comfortable elements for transportation. The procedure begins by removing the branches that are furthest away. Small branches are sawn in one go, but thick branches are removed in two or more steps. The chainsaw chain must not touch the ground. Otherwise it will blunt more quickly.
The tree is large if it has a diameter of more than 50 centimeters. Large-sized trees should only be sawn after choosing the direction in which the plant will fall. How to fell big trees correctly? Standard technique of felling trees with a chainsaw:
- A slope of 60 degrees is made in the downward direction. It must only be made from the side where the tree is pulling into the ground. To cut trees correctly with a chainsaw requires a precise angle and keeping the tool as straight as possible.
- A fishing line is drawn horizontally, which is joined at the point of the first cut from the inside. This is how you can cut and remove a corner, which allows you to do this felling step correctly.
- On the opposite side of the two notches the tool makes a horizontal cut. necessarily a little higher. Cut as deep as possible, but not completely, otherwise the tree will remain upright and it will be harder to fell it.
- The second notch is propped by a special wedge or shovel. The remaining volume is removed with additional tools or by filing on the inside.
- In the last stage, the equipment is placed in the opposite direction with a slight slope to the left and gradually reaches the middle of the trunk. A wedge is put in. The tree is completely sawed off on the opposite side.
How to correctly cut down a tree and topple it in the right direction
Gardening and landscaping does not do without the fall of old trees. Without proper organization of the work, there is a risk of damage to structures or serious injury. Today we’ll tell you in detail how to cut a tree and how to put it down in the right direction.
How to cut down a tree without a chainsaw with minimum labor costs
For a long time I was not very worried about infestation of apple trees with bark beetle. It is clear that it is bad, but loved ones would not understand that I am uprooting fruit-bearing apple trees because of a few holes in the trunk. That’s why nobody touched the apple trees. But this year there were practically no apples, so I decided to renew the orchard.
Nothing complicatedwouldn’t be if I had a chainsaw. When I imagine having to saw four trees with my hands better not think about it! Better to think about what you can use instead of a saw, that’s our way!
What did these reflections lead to?
I started to look through my tools: jigsaw. not recommended, will break; hacksaw. not recommended either; drill. but a drill will do! I quickly grabbed the drill, the carrier and headed out to the garden.
The idea is simple: the drill can drill a lot of holes in the trunk (it’s like sawing, only from the inside), and then help yourself a little with a folding hacksaw.
How to Fell a Tree with a Chainsaw
So, here we go! Ripping up the trunk in every possible direction.
A belt of solid holes
Now let’s rock, maybe we have already drilled enough)
No Nonsense Guide to Tree Felling. How to cut down a tree safely. FarmCraft101
Yay, it’s down!
nightmare, and it’s called a gardener! He’s happy as a child to have knocked down his own tree! What’s the world coming to.
Now we have to treat the trunk with urea, so that it is more quickly rotted. You have to drill more holes in the trunk and fill them with urea, so that the wood rots faster.
After each hole it is necessary to blow out sawdust, and then it will be impossible to find it and fill it with carbamide.
What is this?
This is my bag of what’s-his-name, car-ba-mide! I hope Mistress won’t need it. Okay, Tuchka, give me the bag!
I’m not giving it away! No way!
I had to promise her a trip to the home theater to see “The Irony of Fate” 🙂
Movie Tucha respects, the bag of urea was reclaimed.
Poured without a toad, and the boot has leveled 🙂 not less 🙂
The first version of a homemade sawmill
In order to assemble a homemade sawmill from a chainsaw with your own hands, you need to stock up on the following tools and materials:
- Two channels for the base, which will be 8 meters long and 140-180 mm high, as well as two rails.
- To bind the structure will need different angles: 50×100 mm and 40×40 mm.
- For the screed, you will also need some water pipes of 25 cm.
- A steel plate as a base, which will be 4 cm thick and up to 60 cm long.
- Movable hoses and a few pipes with a diameter of 35-40 mm.
Begin all the work must, of course, with the preparation of the base. Self-made sawmill from a chainsaw is assembled as follows:
- First you need to connect the rails, which are laid with the sole upwards. For fixation, 50×100 mm corners are used. Here it is important that they lie as flat as possible, and therefore it is recommended to use a building level.
- After that, you need to drill a few holes in the finished base. Their diameter is 14 to 16 mm, and a step of 1-1.5 meters.
- After that you need to take the number of ties equal to the number of holes, and connect them with bolts.
- After that, it is necessary to make legs from metal angles, on which the base, that is, the plate, will be attached. The distance between the outermost stand and the main stand should be about 1 meter.
- To create the most rigid structure it is recommended to weld struts between the posts.
After that all that’s left to do is to install the movable cart for the log splitter. To install it, it is necessary to weld 40×40 mm corners to the plate from below and put the product on top of them on rollers or bearings. On top of the plate must be welded two more corners, which will act as a mount for the chainsaw itself.
How to cut down trees properly with a chainsaw. safety rules
Proper felling of large trees with a chainsaw in the forest or on the property is not only labor-intensive, but also traumatic. A minor mistake can cause big problems. It is not enough to have a tool at hand. Correct sawing of trees requires compliance with safety regulations, which must not be ignored:
- The worker must be sober. any form of intoxication is forbidden (alcohol or drugs). Otherwise the risk of injury increases several times.
- Before properly sawing and woodworking, it is necessary to check the technical condition of the equipment: the quality of sharpening, chain tension, the serviceability of the bar and other elements.
- Never touch the cutting elements with your hands when the engine is running. If you must interact with the tool in any way, first shut off the engine.
- While working, use special eye protection or a handkerchief.
- The chain saw makes a lot of noise. Wear earplugs or ear muffs before starting felling.
- Your helmet must be on your head. big branches may fall during felling.
- Shoes should be chosen according to the rules. they should consist of durable materials (rough leather) with special treads on the soles that prevent slipping. The toe-boots are finished off with metal inserts that protect you from injury if the chain breaks and gets caught on your foot.
- Clothing made of sturdy, thick materials that fit the body well. greatly reduces the risk of snagging the tool on the thing or winding it up.
- IMPORTANT! Hold the chainsaw with both hands when felling trees.
- Sawing is done by several people.
- You should not refuel your chainsaw in a closed room or while the engine is running.
- Always transport your chain saw assembled and in its carrying case.
Do not know how to cut down a tree with a chainsaw as qualitatively and without traumas? Follow the safety rules and use the services of professionals.
How to correctly cut down trees with a chainsaw at home and at the cottage. a master class
Fall is not only harvesting time for gardeners, but also a time to cut down excess branches, twigs, and trees that have outlived their useful life. Trees, as you know, come in different heights and widths.
A chainsaw is a faithful helper to the farm ra! Therefore, today we will talk about how to properly cut down trees, using chainsaws. Consider the techniques and safety rules for felling and sawing large and small trees with a chainsaw.