How to cut off the tile with a corner grind. A few tips
Life hacks of the finisor. How to professionally cut different types of tiles
Tile work. Work is not easy for beginners, requiring thoughtful preparation. In addition, it is important to find an individual approach to the varieties of material to reduce waste, and therefore the financial costs of the customer.
Tile cutting formula without prejudice to material
Considering the topic of how to cut tiles correctly, professional tiles are based on general principles.
The material must be carefully cleaned. It should not have traces of tile glue, dust.
The work involves dust formation, therefore they advise you to wear protective eyes for the eyes.
Using a hand tool, you can not overdo it. Otherwise, the broken tile is guaranteed. Having selected the power tool, you need to act confidently, clearly, but neatly.
For a spectacular resolution of the problem, cut tiles at home, the construction environment offers different modifications of tools.
That the main thing in the operation of different units associated with the tile sharp?
It is better to work with glass cutter. Expert opinion
I answer, cut the tiles, first select the right glass cutter. It is presented in the market with three variations.
Roller glass cutter. Is used most often. The advantage is a thin clear fishing line for a trimmer.
The oil type model works similarly, providing cutting without damage. Thanks to the clock, the task can be performed easily and quickly.
Diamond glass cutter is more intended for an experienced craftsman, since there is a great risk of getting uneven edges. In the case you will need a “strained” hand.
A competitive technical advantage of the means is the possibility of cutting not only in a straight line, but also figured cutting of tiles is quite aesthetic. Glass cutter is used when working with tiles, ceramics.
Recommendation! For porcelain tile, hand glass cutters, electrolobsics are better not to use. They can be used as an additional tool.
The tile must be placed on a geometrically even surface, removing small particles of dirt, glue. When performing the line, you need to make efforts. The outlined edge is removed with nippers.
Advice! Approaching the line planned by the glass cutter, the nippers should grab small fragments. If you use the “big step” plots in the department of the almost cut part, there is a risk of going beyond the edge of the line and ruin the appearance of the product.
An important point remains: cutting ceramic tiles you need to completely wrap the glass cutter and keep it strictly perpendicular. Sometimes the master can be difficult, because often such tools are more used by professionals for thin types of tiles.
At a construction site where the deadlines are running out, the foreman is in a hurry, the cutting of ceramic tiles is faster than the corner grinder is carried out. But you need to know certain tricks with her.
Basic methods of cutting corner granite grinder
This type of tile is the hardest. It is wear.Resistant, suitable for public premises. Deciding to cut porcelain tiles should be based on two methods.
The evenness of the line when using a corner grinder depends on the correctly selected disk. Two paths are possible here when choosing discs.
Continuous discs are applicable in the case of “wet” cutting with water to cool the tool and reduce dust. It is appropriate to use them in working with tiles.
Deciding to cut porcelain tiles at home, it will be appropriate to contact a segmented disk that suggests a “dry” method of processing. But it is not recommended to cut more than 2 minutes. We need to take a break.
Using a standard corner grinder, representatives of the construction sphere do not advise buying disks with a thickness of less than 2 mm. Before each procedure, checking the state of the disk for the information appearance of the chip to zero is required.
The specialist marks the future cut with a marker, placing tiles on a prepared flat surface. It is better to fix it on a workbench. Cutting is carried out on the front side. In some cases, it makes sense to make a double cut. From the “face” to the product is slightly pressed, conducting a fishing line for a trimmer, the main cutting is carried out from the end part. This secret answers the question of how to cut the tiles of a corner grinder without chips, without losses for the owner of the room.
Proven methods of cutting ceramic tiles with a tile cutter
Ordinary ceramics for the bathroom, for example, is also cut with the participation of a corner grinder. Although at home it is often more appropriate manual tile cutter.
Minimization of the formation of dust, flaws on the tile.
The tool is light, contains a cutting video that relatively quickly carries out the task. The probability of marriage is reduced at times even compared to a corner grinder. Having placed the tile under the paw on the metal platform of the structure, in one motion it is possible to quickly perform the cut. There are several types of manual tiles.
Roller options are quite simple, suitable for standard tiles.
For more solid types of ceramic tiles, mechanical tile cutter with a hard carriage is advised.
To process a particularly durable material up to 16 mm thick, the model on bearings will be the best solution.
To perform a large amount of work, this tool with a system of air and water cooling is useful. What are its advantages?
It is possible to cut tiles at an angle of 45 degrees for the design of the angles between the walls.
Ability to cut a stone, porcelain stoneware.
In the process, the head depth plays a role. Recommended value. 3 cm. The length of the cut, equal to 50 cm, matters. And the power of the motor. Before the execution, you need to make sure that the wheel is fixed, checking its degree of wear.
What useful tips should be taken into account more?
The end of the tile material is sometimes cut at an angle. Using a corner grinder, you should choose a continuous disk designed for tiles. High.Quality cutting of tiles under 45 degrees will turn out when installing the product on the rib, starting to grind the rear clay part. Having discovered irregularities, it is allowed to repeat the operation.
Get a smooth edge conveniently contact diamond “turtles” or sandpaper. Professionals also advise using a corner grinder with adjusting speeds to avoid burning of the edge.
The trick from the pros! For maximum aesthetics of the angle, it is not recommended to reach the icing part by about 1 mm. Filigency of skill is determined by the experience of the operator. Passing on the glaze with a tool, the edge is not very beautiful.
Recommendations for choosing a corner grinder
It is preferable to use a small angular grinder with the ability to adjust the speed. Small weight will more accurately conduct operations. High power during cutting is not required. For any operations with tiles, a power of up to 1 kW is quite enough.
But the speed of rotation in some operations is desirable to reduce. Reducing the speed of rotation will reduce the likelihood of chips, cracking tiles.
When choosing a corner grinder, it is recommended to pay attention to the possibility of speed control. In the figure, an example of a control regulator close.Up.
A corner grinder for 125 mm disks is optimal for a seat. In general, you can cut off a circle with any diameter. Reducing the speed of rotation is critical in certain situations, which will be described below. The smaller the cut.Out circle, the more jewelry operations can be carried out, on the other hand, a small cutting circle is ineffectively use for a large amount of work. The circle will quickly grind. From a powerful, heavy tool, muscle voltage quickly appears and as a result, accuracy and accuracy decreases.
Summarizing, it is better for the purposes of working with tiles of a medium.Sized tool with an adjustable speed speed.
Types of tiles
With the help of corner grinder, the finishing of the finishing material of varying degrees of strength is performed: tile, porcelain tile. Given that through this tool it is difficult to get a flat fishing line for a trimmer without chips, the edge of the tile should not be close to the section of the cut. Unlike tile cutters, which is characterized by a limitation on the length of the product, an angular grinder can be removed from any sides of the tile. Details on
How to cut tile or ceramic tiles with corner grinding
The corner grinder allows you to cut off from the product not only areas of the correct geometric shape, but also curvilinear stripes. It can be bends, and also circles. Cutting ceramic tiles with a corner grinder in the case when it is necessary to get a circle, it is more difficult. This is due to the fact that this material is more prone to deformations on the cut line. Sequencing:
- Apply fishing line for the trimmer of future incisions for tiles;
- The diamond disk is fixed on the tool using a special key that comes with it and is designed to install detachment disks with your own hands;
- To avoid sliding in the process of cutting a tile with a corner grinding, on the one hand they set an emphasis, it can be any relatively heavy object;
- The tile is adjusted on the floor, the product can still be put on the table, but in any of cases under the tile there should be emphasis on both sides, which will allow the cutting edge to go through its entire thickness (otherwise the diamond disk will damage the table or floor finish);
- Cutting tiles with corner grinders is performed by pressing the button.
Methods of cutting porcelain tiles
This is material of increased strength, which means that it is less susceptible to the formation of chips. For this reason, often, with the help of corner grinders, they make not only straight lines, but also bends, and also cut out circles. Work with porcelain tile should be according to the previously considered scheme for tiles. However, unlike ceramic material, in this case it is allowed to make large holes and cut out small circles, the probability of damage to the tile is low.
Methods of cutting
Cutting corner grinding
If it was decided to use a corner grinder with a diamond disk, then it does not need to be drunk sharply on the material, otherwise there is a risk of damaging the final part. Also, during work, you can not do without means of protection in the form of a mask and glasses.
Fragments and dust can cause significant damage to health. The tile needs to be firmly fixed and the stone from the near edge. It is necessary to make the stone go to the front side.
Cutting with an electrician
Unlike other tools, it is convenient to create curvilinear cuts with an electrician. To make a cut even, you do not need to buy additional devices: it will be enough to use the usual ruler.
The cut can turn out a rough. To avoid this, you need to slowly lead the tool on the tile.
5 Ways To Cut Tile. Everything You Need To Know For Your First Tile Project
Cutting with any pointed tool
Unlike other tools, this method only allows you to cut the upper part of the tile, and then it will have to be broken. If the facing layer is durable, then the finished result will be even.
However, if this layer turned out loose, then the layer will not be even. In this case, you will have to remove irregularities with the help of.
Methods of cutting tiles
The methods given are mainly suitable in order to cut tiles at home. But also applicable or limited applicable to other types of tiles. You can cut the tiles without tile cutter in the following ways:
Corner grinding machine (angular grinder)
Generally speaking, this is a universal tool. As the masters used to cut the house with the help of one ax, so now with the help of one corner grinder they can cut out anything. The author was a witness, as a flat round hole was cut with a diameter of 5 cm.
Note! The method is suitable for direct, curly species and in the presence of minimal skills of handling a tool of curvilinear lines of any configuration.
- Corner grinder. Any power and any kind;
- Cutting circle (on stone or diamond);
- Protective helmet or glasses (required);
- Protective completely closed suit and mitten (recommended);
- Respirator (recommended);
- Clamp. Additionally in some cases (clamp or vise).
Previously marked tiles, preferably with scratching the line with any sharp tool. In extreme cases, the line is allowed by the construction marker. During work, a lot of dust is formed and the marked lines can be erased when it is removed.
Direct small sections along the edges of the tiles can be drawn by laying the tiles on a flat surface on the table or on the floor. First cut the surface a few millimeters. With such an operation of its own severity of tiles and friction strength, there is enough for the product to hold on the spot. With deeper passages, you can additionally step on the edge or hold the assistant. With curly cuts, it is better to attach the product with a clamp to the countertop or fix it in a vice, having previously placed pieces of cardboard or dense fabric under the lips.
Advice! Put a plywood segment under the product to avoid damage to the surface of the table or floor.
- Along the outer edge, the marks are held several times along the entire length. In one pass, they deepen to 3 mm. Repeat the operation until the result is achieved;
- With small segments, up to 2 cm long, immediately for the entire thickness;
- Marking is applied to both sides. A surface cut (up to 3 mm) is carried out on the front side). Then cut from the back (up to 3 mm per pass) until the goal is reached. This method avoids random damage to the front side with a cutting tool.
It is recommended to be used for complex cuts: at the edges or curvilinear. The fact is that with this method there is a lot of dust, the consumption of the cutting canvas, temporary costs and labor costs. The usual straight line for the trimmer can be cut off in much simpler ways.
If there is no tile cutter, no corner grinder, then an electrician may turn out to be available. Underestimated by many tools!
Note! Similarly, you can use a hand jigsaw with a file on a stone. But the speed of sawing will be an order of magnitude lower.
- Electric. Any power;
- Stone on stone;
- Protective glasses (recommended).
It saws in the usual way. Too rounded cuts to cut it problematic, the file gets stuck. It is not a fat (wall) tile that is not sawn well. Sprinking floor porcelain tile in this way is very difficult. For slight relief, it is proposed to first soak the material.
It is recommended to use, if necessary, cut out curved segments with large radius of curvature.
Glass cutter or any pointed tool
In this way you can cut exclusively tiles. And only in a straight line. Another restriction. Parts should not be less than 2 cm wide.
- Glass cutter. Instead of glass cutter, you can use any tool with a pointed cutting edge. It is desirable that the cutting tool is made of solid materials: diamond, win, etc.D. As an example of cutting tools: core, spear.Shaped cord, household knife and so on;
- Metal ruler or any direct metal rail. In extreme cases, from any material. But then you will need to very carefully scratch the fishing line for the trimmer of the cut, since the ruler can be cut and the scratch will go aside on the tile.
In order for the cut to get a clear without chips and leaving the scratch should be applied carefully. It is enough to scratch the upper, glossy layer.
Advice! When applying risks to pay attention to the beginning and end of the scratch. Often at the very beginning and at the very end of the scratch it turns out not deep enough. This is due to insufficient pressure and psychology. At the very beginning, we just try on and the pressure is weakened. At the very end, acceleration occurs and risk “lubricated”. This can lead to a break in these places will go aside.
When applying risks with a knife, several passes are made to get a deep scratch.
The application of scratches depends on the hardness and severity of the tool used. If the tool is sufficiently solid and sharpened (glass cutter with a sharp roller, a spear.Shaped sharpened winning drill and t.D.), then one passage with good effort is enough. If the tool is blurred or made of soft material (economic knife), then several passes will be required. Ultimately, the groove should go deeper below the glossy layer.
- About an even sharp corner. Take tiles with two hands from different sides from risks. The blow apply sharp from distance 5.10 cm about the angle from the back of the product. Before this, it is good to aim so that the blow came, as accurately as possible at the place of fault. The angle can be any, the main thing is that it is sharp and solid (metal corner, wooden beam). It is desirable for convenience that the corner towers above the surface of 10 centimeters by 10. Otherwise, there is a possibility when hitting the surface with your hand, the blow will go to the side and the tile will break not at risk;
- On a solid rod. The tile lies on a long hard rod with the back of. Then sharply pressed on both sides with two hands. The rod can be any. Even, with a diameter of about 8 to 15 mm (drill, round pencil, etc.D.). It is desirable that the length is at least 2/3 of the length of the fault. You can break out parts, and not through the entire length of the tiles;
- Between the clamps. The method is suitable both for breaking through the entire tile, and for breaking out large parts. The approaches are different, but the essence is one. It is required to fix the product between two clamps at the place of fault. It can be two barbells or thick plywood. You can make a small machine: twist two sheets of plywood at one end with self.Tapping screws, the tile is placed inside, spreading them with an effort. The main thing is that even sharp edges and accuracy of the installation of the material on the trimmer risks are provided. After installation, additionally clamp the structure with our own weight and sharply press on the protruding edge.
Corner grinder used for cutting tiles is a very traumatic tool. Based on this, it follows that compliance with safety precautions during work is the most important. Observing several simple rules, the risk of injuries to workers is minimized.
- You can only work in special clothes. In addition, it is important to use other protective equipment, such as: glasses, helmet, gloves, mask, special boots.
- There should be no extra things at the workplace.
- During the work, it is recommended to remove the network cable away from the place of work, prevent it from getting under an angular grinder or confusing in the legs.
- Cutting can only be performed from itself. The tool must be kept tight with two hands.
- Before starting work, it is necessary to check the equipment and the network cable for malfunctions or mechanical damage.
- Work outdoors or in a ventilated room.
- Cutting should be performed only in a dry environment, preventing moisture from getting on the casing of the tool.
- The saw disk can only be immersed in the material by only a third.
- Before starting cutting, it is necessary to promote the disk.
For high.Quality cutting of tiles, it is important to choose a suitable saw disk, with which you can achieve an even and clean cut. It is important to know the methods of cutting tiles and strictly adhere to safety precautions during operation.
A small list of rules will help to avoid injuries and maintain the health of a person working with a person’s tool.
How to make a certain type of cut
The process of each of the above cuts is slightly different:
- Straight or perpendicular incision. In this case, fix the plate, resting it on the corner and putting the lateral emphasis on the size necessary for the cut;
- A scythe is cut. Performed only on a square tile, and the process itself is the same as above, with the difference that the cuts are made at the corners of the tile;
- Cutting at an angle of inclination is one of the most popular, especially in cases of various wall deviations, in connection with which the angle should be slightly larger;
- The most common special cuts are narrow stripes, round holes, volumetric cutting of tiles, cutting out square holes, framing and removing the chamfer.
How to cut tiles with a corner grinder
“Corner grinder” (or corner grinding machine, corner grinding) for cutting tiles is used everywhere. Parallel to the tile. The power tool saws tiles (ceramic) materials, paving slabs. Porcelain tile.
The main plus: the ability to cut the tiles of a corner grinder will allow you to get curly cuts and complex configurations of the product. The main danger in this case is cutting tiles very likely to have chips.
A typical option for both a home master and a professional-final worker-the work of a corner grinder with a capacity of 1-1.5 kW. With regard to the speed of rotation. This is up to 3,500 revolutions per minute. Qualitatively corresponds to a diameter of 125 mm. Such a disk for cutting a tile will be sufficient. For tiles, increased diameter is contraindicated. But with high professionalism everything is possible.
For improvement and an effective appearance of the result, finishing work is carried out not only with direct lines. So, it is technically possible to cut it as follows:
Using a angle grinder to cut ceramic tiles
- Directly: on a flat line, which is advisable to mark in advance;
- According to the curve or in the form of the required figure: you will have to try with a multi.Stage sawing of the edge and subsequent cleaning into a flat fishing line for a trimmer;
- The hole is rectangular;
- The hole is round;
- Cutting the edge under 45 °.
These techniques are processed by all known and presented materials on the market, including porcelain tiles. With proper skill and dexterity, workpieces are made for home, office, workshops and public place.
To understand how to behave correctly with the material how to cut any tiles of the existing corner grinder. But no matter what technology you choose, the most important is the observance of safety precautions. The use of personal protective equipment, tracking dry workplace and ventilation can save the life of the master.
Cutting tiles without chips
To minimize the number of chips, try to adhere to the following rules when working with the tool:
- Linear slot. Make markings on the front part of the tile using a construction marker. Follow the correctness of fixing the disk in the direction of rotation indicated on the grinder of the machine and on the circle. Bring the corner grinder to working condition and let it gain working speeds. Fix the tile through a gasket made of rubber with clamps on a flat surface so that in the process of cutting, exclude its sudden change in position. Along the marking line, without effort, make a uniform cut 2-4 mm deep, based on the thickness of the glaze and the body of the tile itself. The passage through the glaze is made very slowly and as responsibly as possible, after this stage you can apply a small pressure and bring the process to the completion. And there is also an option not to cut the body of the tile to the end, but the cut edge to break off and finalize the edge with an abrasive.
- Round hole with a large diameter. Apply a marker to a point that will be the center of the circle. Then drill a hole with a winth tip at a 3-4 mm mark. Now on both sides of the tiles it is necessary to mark the circle of the desired diameter. Then, using a corner grinder, make short cuts 2-3 mm along the contour of the marked circle, only after that you can cut the circle from the inside with through cuts, and remove the remains with the help of pliers. To completely remove the chips of the edge of the hole, you need to treat with a file and sandpaper.
- Rectangular hole. Make a linear marking of the hole using a marker and a pattern, then in the corners, without speaking behind the marked circuit, drill through holes with a diameter of 7 mm. After that, using an angular grinder, connect the holes with even cuts. Now you can remove a cut fragment of ceramics, and process the edges until chips disappear.
If desired, in the body of the tiles you can cut a hole of any diameter and shape, especially in the modern construction world there are all kinds of nozzles and devices for angular grinders of machines. The only thing that should never be forgotten is observing the necessary safety measures when working with a corner grinder!
- How to cut tiles with a corner grinder. Tile cutting process
- How to cut off the tile with a corner grinder. Disk diamond cutting Metabo Promotion 624307000, 125 mm 1 pc.
- Is it possible to cut glass with a corner grinder. How to cut off the potato glass – in simple words about a complex process
- Which corner grinder to choose for home. Makita GA5030