How to dilute petrol and oil for grass trimmer
Gasoline to oil ratio for grass trimmer table. The first run-in of the lawn trimmer
Hello! I bought a Prorab 8406 1 grass trimmer. How to dilute petrol with oil correctly and in what proportions? Could not find original Prorab oil, bought Hungsvarna HP oil. In the manual to the trimmer says of third-party oils can be used oils class SAE MIF\4, API TC-TB. The proportion of the fuel mixture does not change if you use a different oil. Standard mix ratio is 1:25. But in a specialist store “expert” who sold me the oil Hungsvarna HP strongly advised to dilute the oil in 1:50 (as written on the oil). The actual question: if the manual says to dilute the oil to 1:25, and on the oil is recommended 1:50, then in what proportion dilute? And 1:25 is how much? 40 ml? Won’t I screw up my engine if I dilute it to 1:50?? 2. What is the right way to run the engine?? In the manual except for the start and shut off does not say anything. Maybe you don’t need a run-in? I read that there are grass trimmers that you can use right after purchase.
Do I need to lubricate the gearbox before working or is there factory grease already in there? Hope for your help, thanks!
1) Always dilute petrol and oil in the proportions indicated on the oil bottle! With two-stroke products (chain saws, chain trimmers, etc.).) you can use any oil for two stroke engines except boat two stroke engines. It is preferable to use STIHL oil from a legitimate store where you are unlikely to buy counterfeit products. Better to use Husqvarna or STIHL oil. STIHL oil must have a sealed neck. Beware of counterfeit products. There is a risk of damaging the piston right away. 2) The two strokes are not run-in! (PLEASE REMEMBER THAT! All 2 stroke products are high speed and like to run exclusively at full throttle! No half gases are allowed! This causes incomplete exhaust and clogs the walls of the piston with oil deposits. The consequence is scuffing of the piston. So full throttle and every 25-30 seconds dump the throttle for 1-2 seconds to give the product a break and return to normal temperature mode. 3) You have to grease the reducer on direct driveshaft brushcutters every 20 hours. The oil comes out of there naturally during operation. This is designed to keep dirt, dust, etc. out of the oil. д. So, if you don’t want to get into gearbox replacement. fill with special gearbox grease every 20 hours. It is not complicated and the whole operation takes no more than 3 minutes. Tube with grease sold in every store with garden equipment and cost from 100 to 300. One tube is enough for 3 years- The concept of running-in the tool is reduced to working with incomplete load during the first two to three tanks of fuel. For example, when mowing thin, low grass, or sawing dry, sparse wood. In no way should the tool be run-in on idling, burning several tanks of fuel. Such running-in results in carbon deposits on the cylinder windows, piston and muffler, which negatively affects the engine’s service life.
The grass trimmer, or lawnmower, is an indispensable tool in the home. At the same time, its reliability, efficiency and long service life depend on many factors.
For example, the quality of the fuel. This means that you need to properly select the oil for the grass trimmer, observe the proportions when adding it to gasoline and the rules of refueling the device.
What type of grass trimmer oil to choose or types of lubricants to use
Grass trimmers and lawnmowers run on two-stroke engines, which have a simplified design. Rarely, but there are trimmer models with 4-stroke motors that run on pure gasoline. Power units of the two-stroke type do not have a compartment for pouring engine oil (oil sump), due to which the weight of the tool is reduced and their cost. If the rotating parts of the engine are not lubricated, they will eventually fail quickly. To avoid this, the grass trimmer is refueled not with pure gasoline, but with a mixture of oil. What oil to dilute with gasoline for grass trimmer?
To begin with, let’s remember or find out what types of oils by chemical composition are available:
- Mineral fluids. they are intended for low-powered, air-cooled machines. This is the cheapest type of engine lubricant
- Semi-synthetics. they are used for equipment that has air and water cooling
- Synthetic. suitable for all types of motors with different types of cooling. They do not require frequent changes, and this type of lubricant is several times more expensive than mineral and semi-synthetic
From the above, it follows that the grass trimmer oil with any composition. mineral, synthetic and semi-synthetic. Oils with different chemical compositions differs in price, so when buying should be based on the recommendations of the manufacturer of the tool. The manual indicates the recommendation information about what types of oils are better to use. If it is a TC-W3 standard, then it is not so important what composition the substance should have. In this case you can dilute mineral, semi-synthetic and synthetic with gasoline.
This is interesting! The main thing when choosing oil is not to get caught up in counterfeit, because today you can often find different types of lubricating compositions for two-stroke engines, which consist mainly of low-quality petroleum products.
Block: 2/7 | Number of characters: 1943
What are the chainsaw’s specifications?
If you have a dacha or a house in the countryside, you need a chainsaw. A chainsaw for home gardening is enough. It has a low power, but it is good enough for trimming old branches, cutting firewood and boards. Such saws do not have much weight and size. If you need to cut trees on the plot or are planning construction work, it is better to buy a semi-professional chainsaw. You don’t want it to work for more than 8 hours a day. A professional chainsaw is powerful and can run for up to 16 hours straight. High-strength materials are used to make these saws, and use requires certain skills. Professional chainsaws are used for felling wood on an industrial scale and for other similar jobs.
These chainsaws differ in power as well as in weight. If you’re not planning on doing a lot of regular chores, you’re better off limiting yourself to an everyday chainsaw, which weighs a lot less and is therefore easier to handle. Professional saws, on the other hand, have a capacity of up to 6 kW and therefore weigh more. The choice of such a saw depends on the thickness and strength of the material to be sawn.
You should buy unleaded gasoline to operate your gardening equipment. Otherwise there is a risk of engine failure. Manufacturers advise fuel with an octane number not lower than AI-90, better AI-92 or AI-95. Individual recommendations for your tool see manual. Fill the canister with the correct amount of fuel at the filling station. The metal canister is preferable: it has no static electricity from friction, increasing safety in use.
Always buy brand name 2-stroke oils, preferably API-TB or API-TC. The manufacturer should indicate the recommended brands in the instruction manual of the tool. Also note their composition. Mineral oils are suitable for use in warm weather. Synthetics are better, they are less viscous and can be used even in freezing temperatures. Semi-synthetic oils are mineral ones with improved qualities, they are universal for any season. For the temperature limit of use, see the package. Also pay attention to the volume. It is not the proportion of gasoline and chain saw oil that matters, but how much fuel mixture you need for one filling and how often you will be working with the tool. If you own a chain saw, grass trimmer or chain saw, and you use one or the other tool several times a week, it makes sense to buy a large 3 to 5 liter canister of oil. For several mowing during the gardening season is enough to take a bottle of 1 liter.
Mixing oil with petrol
At the beginning of work with the tool there is always a question, how much oil to add to gasoline for chainsaw or grass trimmer. It is important to remember that for two-stroke engines the ratio is 1:50, t.е. It is 100 ml of oil for every 5 liters of fuel. Why it is important to follow the proportions? Excessive oil causes carbon deposits on pistons and spark plugs, and insufficient oil reduces the lubricating power of the fuel mixture, which leads to burrs in the piston group and increases the risk of engine damage.
The easiest way to follow the gasoline and oil proportions for a chainsaw is to use measuring jugs. They have a scale with markings that are easy to refer to. Be sure the container is clean before pouring gasoline and oil. Avoid getting water and dirt inside. it may affect the quality of the fuel mixture. Pour the gasoline to the proper level first, then add the oil to the correct level. To mix it, tilt the container several times. The liquids will quickly mix and the composition will take on a uniform color, such as green or red (depending on the composition of the oil).
Good to know! Never use plastic drink bottles for storing and mixing the fuel mixture. Gasoline corrodes plastics. And even if the walls of the bottle look intact, harmful components will get into the fuel mixture, and with it into the engine. It is very bad for the carburetor.
It is recommended to wear gloves to protect your hands from gasoline and oil. Also do not forget about the elementary rules of fire safety. Mix the fluids outside so that gasoline vapors do not accumulate indoors. Do not smoke while working and exclude other factors that may cause ignition of fuel and lubricants.
Pour the prepared fuel mixture into the fuel tank and close the cap tightly. If you have blended more than you can use at one time, empty it into a separate canister for storage or leave it in the blending tank. The main thing is to close the cap tightly. The ready-to-use mixture can be stored for up to two weeks and can be used for refueling without risk to the engine. The only condition is that you do not leave it in the fuel tank. If the tool will not be used for a long time. use up the leftovers completely or drain.
Now you know how to dilute gasoline for a chainsaw so as not to harm the engine. Try and do it yourself. After you prepare the fuel mixture several times, it will be clear what amount of components will be needed, so that there is no excess mixture. You can buy everything you need in our online store. Your tool will last a long time with branded oils.
Choosing lawnmower oil
For the motors of trimmers choose oils marked “2T”, which are used for the engines volume of 50 to 200 cm3 and have air cooling. First of all, when buying oil, you should pay attention not to the price, but the protective properties of the material, because a small savings can later become a real headache for the owner and, as a rule, a big expense.
Two-stroke lawnmower oil
The main factor determining the quality of grass trimmer oil is the alkalinity number. It is this component that prevents oxidation of rubbing parts and slows down their breakdown. During use the oil gradually loses its alkalinity and becomes oxidized. The optimum level of acidity (Ph) is 8-9.
The brushcutter oil viscosity also has a big influence on the working process of the petrol-driven tool. This indicator determines the ability to operate the grass trimmer at different temperatures. For example, summer brands of lubricants become thick even at a slight lowering of temperature. If you only use your lawnmower in the spring and autumn, summer grade oil is the right choice.
The flash point of the grass trimmer oil must be more than 225C, otherwise the oil will burn out quickly, and the piston group will be subjected to intensive wear and tear.
What to look for when choosing an oil?
Modern brushcutter two-stroke engines are filled with a mix of AI-92 gasoline and 2T oil. The use of fuel with a higher octane number will increase the flash point and, consequently, the burnout of the lubricant.
Different types of STIHL oils
Undoubtedly, the best oil for the grass trimmer is the one recommended by the manufacturer, but the owner is not always able to buy exactly the “proprietary” lubricant. Specialists recommend Shell Helix Ultra, based on Pureplus technology, which enhances the basic properties of the lubricant.
STIHL HP Ultra, STIHL HP, STIHL HP S gasoline trimmers from the German manufacturer. A budget substitute can be the products of the company Vityaz, which by its properties is the most similar to the recommended material.
Gasoline to oil ratio for lawnmowers
Lawn mowers. a fairly common technique for controlling weeds on summer cottage plots, in the household, road and housing. These devices have two other names. grass trimmer and lawn mower. These machines differ in their engines. The more expensive ones have four-stroke engines, all others have two-stroke engines. Of course, the latter are the most popular among the population, as they are simpler in design, lighter in weight and much cheaper than their four-stroke competitors. However, two-stroke models are inconvenient, because the fuel mixture for them has to be prepared manually, maintaining a strict dosage between gasoline and oil. In four-stroke counterparts the mixing of these components is automatic, you only need to fill the gas tank and oil tank with the appropriate substances. Let’s consider the question of the correctness of refueling exactly two-stroke brushcuts, because it depends on this, how effective and long will be the work of such a unit.
How to dilute petrol with oil for grass trimmer if you under or overfill the oil
If you bought a grass trimmer, lawnmower, brushcutter, chainsaw and other types of equipment, you probably know that two-stroke motors are used as power units on them. These motors do not run on pure gasoline, like four-stroke engines, but on a mixture of gasoline and oil. How much petrol and oil should be diluted with trimmer oil for grass. this is the question every dacha user asks himself before preparing the tool for work. Let’s understand this question in detail, as the dilution of gasoline with oil for trimmer for grass affects the service life of the tool, and improper preparation of the mixture, will lead to rapid engine wear. What are the dangers of too much or not enough oil in the gasoline for the grass trimmer:
- If the gasoline will be diluted with a lot of oil (above the norm), it will lead not only to a large amount of smoke, but also to the formation of soot on the walls of the cylinder and a drop in power.This soot will cause piston wear, which will be diagnosed by a decrease in performance
- If the gasoline contains an insufficient amount of oil poured into the grass trimmer, it is even more dangerous.After all, the working mechanisms of the engine will not be lubricated in sufficient quantity, which will eventually lead to their rapid wear (there is a rapid destruction of piston rings and jamming of the motor). If there is not enough oil in the gasoline poured into the grass trimmer, the wear and tear of the motor will occur dozens of times faster
To avoid having to pay for mistakes at the cost of an engine overhaul or buying a new tool, you need to fill the tank with fuel of the correct consistency from day one. You can find out the ratio in the manual to the tool, because different manufacturers’ models may give different recommendations. Usually this ratio is the following norms:
- 1 to 25 or 40 grams of two-stroke oil for 1 liter of gasoline
- 1 to 40, or 25 to 30 grams of oil per liter of gasoline
- 1 to 50. 20 grams of oil per liter of petrol
The standard value is 1:50 (it is specified on canisters with oil for two-stroke engines), but it is necessary to rely on it in the most extreme case, because the manufacturers indicate the recommended proportion value, and if it is not observed, then the operational resource of the two-stroke motor is reduced.
In addition to observing the proportion, it is also necessary to learn how to prepare the mixture. After all, the option of adding oil to the gas tank, is categorically contraindicated, although some do so. If you have bought a grass trimmer or lawnmower, you will need the consumables that you will use to prepare the mixture. Instructions for the preparation of the fuel mixture in the grass trimmer is as follows:
- Prepare gasoline and two-stroke oil, based on the above recommendations for lubricant and fuel selection
- Additionally for the preparation of the mixture you need to take a container or a container. Usually a plastic bottle is used for this purpose, which should be chosen accordingly. It should be clean on the inside. It is not advised to use a milk container, beer or any other drink. A mineral water bottle is the best choice
- It is very important that the container has a whole value of volume, that is, 1 or 2 liters, so that you do not have to calculate how much oil to pour in a bottle of 1.5, 1.3, or 1.25 liter, because in this way you can easily make a mistake
- You will also need a syringe used as an oil measuring device. An ordinary medical syringe of 10cc or more is suitable for this purpose. It is desirable for the syringe to have an accurate measuring scale
- After the necessary materials have been prepared, the blending process can begin
Instructions for preparing the fuel mixture into the lawnmower:
After preparing the fuel mixture for the grass trimmer, it remains to fill the tool, and start working. How to properly fuel grass trimmers, lawnmowers, chainsaws and other types of motor equipment, we will consider in detail.
ДOnly fresh gasoline is used to dilute and apply to your trimmer.
How to Dilute Gasoline with Grass Trimmer Oil
Dilute gasoline for grass trimmer must be in the correct ratio. An insufficient amount of oil can lead to poor lubrication of the elements of the lawnmower, which contributes to rapid wear.
You can find the right ratio in the trimmer’s user manual. Most often it is 1:25, 1:40, 1:50. To get these proportions, you need to add 40 ml, 25 ml and 20 ml of oil to 1 liter of gasoline, respectively.
Dilute gasoline with the lubricant directly in the fuel tank is unacceptable, in addition, the proportion of oil and gasoline must be clearly observed. If this rule is ignored, the work of the grass trimmer engine can be unstable, so it will quickly fail.
It is not recommended to use plastic bottles or canisters for this purpose. The reason is that petrol tends to dissolve plastic, which means that some of the plastic could get into the fuel tank, which could cause damage to the carburettor. Although there are special plastic canisters marked “flame”.
- oil suitable for two-stroke engines with air cooling system;
- canister, preferably made of metal;
- A container for mixing, also better a metal one;
Make a mixture of gasoline and oil as follows:
- Pour 1 liter of gasoline into the container, add half of the required portion of oil. Stir thoroughly, and do it very carefully away from sources of open flame.
- Add the rest of the oil to the gasoline for the grass trimmer and mix thoroughly again. Now the fuel can be poured into the fuel tank of the grass trimmer.
The mixture can be stored for no more than three months, so it is better to dilute the gasoline in such an amount that is enough for several uses.
Only high quality oil may be used for dilution and it is recommended to buy it only from trusted stores, such as specialized hypermarkets.
Recommendations for Storing Ready Grass Trimmer Fuel Mix
After filling up the grass trimmer, many people save the leftover mixture in the bottle until next time. Sometimes that next time is a long time, and stretches into the next year. Do not keep the ready-to-use mixture for such a long time because the oil will decompose. Once the mixture is prepared, it should be used up within 1-2 weeks. In addition, you can also not store the tool for a long time with the fuel mixture poured into the tank, because the effect will be similar. To prevent unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to consider the following recommendations for storing a ready mix of gasoline and oil:
- Prepare the fuel mixture in the amount that will be used. If you do not know how much fuel you use, then it is better to prepare less
- If fuel mixture remains in the tank of the grass trimmer (when the tool is hidden until the next season), it must be completely used up or drained
- Stir the mixture thoroughly before pouring it into the tank
- Store the ready mixture in a tightly screwed container, as well as in a place restricted to sunlight
If you follow all the recommendations, the service life of the grass trimmer will be at least as long as specified in the instructions. The use of quality consumables paired with adherence to the recommendations for the grass trimmer mix will result in long and efficient service of the gasoline tool.