How to disassemble an electric trimmer for grass. Checking the electric motor
Repair of a trimmer coil for the grass with your own hands: how to remove, disassemble, change a fishing line for a trimmer, assemble and install back
If the fishing line for the trimmer is not lengthened by a light blow of the trimmer button for grass on the ground, the prerequisites for this usually the following.
Option 1. Snack, t.E. Clamping cord between turns. This problem usually occurs if the user wraps a fishing line for a trimmer to a coil unevenly, crossing the windings or wrapping it without tension. In the latter case, when the mower rotates at high speeds under the influence of centrifugal force, the cord begins to drag on, under the influence of which the interspersonal clamp of the braid fishing line may occur. To eliminate obstacles, you need to disassemble the coil on the trimmer and correctly rewind the cord, in other words, even rotates with good tension.
Option 2.4. Very short ends stick out of the head. When hitting the ground, the rod may not fall out if its ends protruding from the head are not long (short). Then centrifugal force is not enough to stretch the fishing line for the trimmer. Therefore, it is necessary to hang the unit (turn off the engine in another way, disconnect the electric trimmer for grass from the network) and pull the fishing line for a trimmer manually, after pressing the button.
Option 3. Fishing line for a trimmer to be sealed inside a mower. This makes the coil stop and do not even rotate when you press the button. This is mainly happening for several reasons: low quality of the cord, overheating of the coil during prolonged operation of the machine and the effect of a mowing fishing line on hard objects.
- First, the cord of third.Party manufacturers that you like is made of low.Quality and fusible materials that do not withstand mechanical and thermal loads. Therefore, it is necessary to give preference to “branded” fishing.
- If you have a fishing line for a trimmer of an unknown owner, and it is often soldered during operation, then, of course, follow the example of some users who, after filling the cord in the coil, moisten it or silicone lubricant (from a spray can) or mineral oil). This procedure significantly reduces the possibility of soldering turns of the mowing fishing line.
- A fishing line for a trimmer can also be soldered if during a mowing it falls into a solid object (stone, fence, dry branch, etc. D.). During this time, it stretches a little and stretches to the head at high speed. The cord heats up from friction, and its coils stick together. The only thing that will be done to eliminate this problem is to open a trimmer coil for grass and rewind a fishing line for a trimmer.
There are situations when a user of a trimmer for grass notices very quick fishing line consumption. Here he never clicked the button button to lengthen the fishing line for the trimmer. A prerequisite for spontaneous lengthening of the fishing line by cutting a special knife on the machine body is a lack of spring in a mowing head. Often beginner users of mowers, trying to load a fishing line for a trimmer into a coil, forget to install a compressed spring in the head, in other words, they completely lose it when opening the lid, and then they do not even suspect its existence.
The trimmer fishing line also expands without using the button if the spring is weakened. If the spring check confirmed this fact, then you need to insert several goals under it to increase the characteristics of the pressing.
The owners of the trimmers, mostly beginners, in confusion, next to the panic, when the coil has to change the cutting tool or fishing line for the trimmer. Often, when trying to unscrew the lawn mowing head, users simply make it unsuitable for use, not suspecting that it is unscrewed in the opposite direction to prevent this if you need to change the tool, we recommend that you join the step.By.Step annotation below.
- Before pouring the rod into the coil, turn off the engine bureau, as it is also called, de.Energize the electric trimmer for the grass to avoid injuries that occur when a cutting tool is accidentally rotated.
- Unscrew the attached nozzle of the transfer shaft. To do this, it is necessary to fix the shaft by leaving the opening on the puck and inserting an iron bar there or a screwdriver there.
- Unscrew the nozzle. You should know that the thread on the shaft remains. Therefore, turn the coil of the trimmer for the grass to the right, in other words, clockwise.
- Disassemble the mowing head. In most cases, the main cover is attached on the clips. To remove it, you will need to lower these clamps onto the case, squeezing the edges of the lid. If you have a pass, if your trimmer for grass has an automatic mower with a button below, then the nozzle should be disassembled carefully, since there is a chance of a spring loss, which sometimes flies away when removing the lid. ,
- Cut the required amount of fishing. Usually its length is 5 meters. Use the cord of the same diameter that is indicated in the note to the tool. It is not recommended to exceed the largest diameter of the mowing fishing line, as this will increase the load on the engine and increase gas mileage.
- Find the middle of a piece of cord, folding it in half. You will get a loop.
- The coils are cut special grooves inside (there are holes). Insert the loop of the fishing line into this groove.
- Wind a fishing line for a trimmer to a coil, turning it counterclockwise. The cord must be filled very evenly, the turns you need to put it in a non.Overlap and with good tension. After the winding is completed, leave the free ends of the fishing line about 20 cm long and fix them in grooves on the sides of the coil.
- Collect the mowing head. Do not forget to completely assemble the nozzle spring and washer (if available). Insert the coil into the housing and pass the ends of the cord through the holes or eyes.
- Put on the lid and fix it with latches.
- Screw the nozzle back to the gear shaft, also fixing it with a screwdriver. Turn the coil of the trimmer for the grass to the left (counterclockwise).
Dismantling a trimmer for grass
We begin to disassemble an electric trimmer for grass
At the beginning, we disconnect the two connected halves of the trimmer for the grass, the control handle from the contact connection with the electric motor itself.
Electric Weed Eater won’t Start. Can we fix it?
Two photographs \ photo, photo \ shows the sequence of separation of the electric motor from the control handle.
Next, we need to check, perform diagnostics. Control handles \ photo \. How an electric electric trimmer works for grass, button. We analyze this part and conduct diagnostics for individual electrical connections \ photo \.
Repair of the electrimmer
So, we proceed directly to the consideration of our problem. During the operation of the electrimmer, the engine turned off and the tool stopped starting. Well, for in this case it is obvious that the cause of the breakdown is in the electrical part of the device and we need to disassemble the handle with the electric motor.
Take a cross screw and twist one at a time of the mounting screws from the handle. Remove the lid and in front of us is the engine of the electrimmer.
Since any external signs of engine damage is somehow a grinder, smell or other problems, there are no suspicions immediately fall on the contact button of engine start.
Contact button of the electric motor
However, we naturally need to additionally make sure that the breakdown is precisely in the malfunction of the start button. For this purpose, we use a piece of wires with cleaned ends, which we simply, when included in the network, will close the start button, excluding it thus from the engine power circuit. If the engine is serviceable, then it will work at this moment and the reason is exactly the fault of the button.
When conducting this experience, you should be as careful as possible in order to avoid electric shock or mechanical injury when the electric motor is turned on.
So, as it turned out, the engine is serviceable, which means it’s time to change the start button. It should be said that sometimes the contacts of the buttons simply burn and you only need to clean them, and also enhance the contact with the wire and the trimmer for the grass will work. Most often of course the button burns out and it only needs to be changed. You can purchase a replacement in the market in the place where they actually sell spare parts or consumables for electrimmers.
The main most encountered electrocos and trimmers
In the coil (spool) ended the fishing line for the trimmer. Most of the spool feed the grid is semi.Automatic, with a light blow of the tin button on the ground, the fishing line for the trimmer is fed to the output. If the fishing line for the trimmer is not served, then you need to remove and disassemble the coil. Spool and, if necessary, wind a new fishing line for a trimmer.
A fishing line for a trimmer can be too long because the blade that is recognized for pruning the excess line of the fishing line is dull or it is not at all. The length of the fishing line should be slightly less than the diameter of protection.
Big hum and vibration during the engine operation may indicate that bearings need lubrication or they completely spent their resource. The coil of the coil with a fishing line (spray) may also be cracking, its as well as its mounting place must be examined for the presence of cracks and damage.
Most electric motors in braids and trimmers do not have a speed regulator, with a reduction in the voltage in the network. Speed and power are reduced. A coil with a fishing line may be wound incorrectly. Perhaps the revolutions are difficult to the presence of a stuck twine or a rope was wound on the shaft, the structure should be examined. In a working spit, the shaft should easily and without the slightest effort to turn even after it was dispersed.
The engine does not rotate? We look at the availability of power on an electric grinder, if everything is in order, then the device needs to be disassembled. If no obvious damage is noticeable, then the sequential call of the electrical circuits of the device begins.
Using a multimeter (tester), they first nickname the power cord, the fuse if it is and the button. If the button is not nicknamed in the state, then it should be replaced or if it is collapsible, then open and clean the burnt contacts.
The cord can be interrupted, in which case the engine can be launched with interruptions. The engine malfunction can be the fact that when the button is turned on on the engine contacts there is a voltage of 220 volts, but it does not rotate.
Some electric motors are equipped with a thermal fuse that is built into the engine housing and worked from its overheating or simply failed. A working thermal fuse when cooling the engine should restore its work.
Compliance with safety precautions will allow you to quickly and safely insert a new fishing line for a trimmer into a coil on a mower. Be sure before the replacement begins and the coil will be removed, you need to turn off the device, especially for electric lawn mowers
It is important to constantly remind yourself of clicking on a special blocking button. On each mower it can be located in different places, but this is necessarily indicated in the operating manual
Remember the adjustment of the cutting element. Otherwise, the work will be unstable and low.Quality. Most often, there is a button on the unit itself, which allows you to configure it. If, when you press it, nothing happens or the string weakened its tension, then you need to clamp the button and pull the fishing line for the trimmer from the coil with force.
Fishing winding is a very responsible process
It is important to follow all the stages to correctly pull the fishing line for the trimmer. Other materials should not be used, except for special nylon strings
It is worth remembering that it is impossible to put a wire made of metal, rod or iron cable instead of fishing line. This is dangerous, since equipment can very easily cut shoes even from rough material and injure to the one who uses a scythe. Before wearing a new fishing line for a trimmer, it is important to carefully read the instructions for the operation of the device, since some models of lawn mowers can have their own structural features, which are important to consider when replacing.
You can find out how to replace a fishing line for a trimmer on a trimer from the video below.
The fishing line for the trimmer does not extend automatically
If, with a light blow, the trimmer coil button for grass on the ground is not lengthened for a trimmer, then the reasons for this may be the following.
Option 1. There was a snack, t.E. Squeezing the cord between turns. This problem usually appears if the user wound a fishing line for a trimmer to the coil unevenly, with the intersection of the turns, or wound it with insufficient tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head is rotated at large revolutions under the influence of centrifugal force, the cord begins to drag on, as a result of which the interitral clamping of the fishing line is possible. To eliminate the problem, you will have to disassemble the coil on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, that is, even turns with good tension.
Option 2. Too short ends protrude from the head. A fishing line for a trimmer may not exit when hitting the ground, if its ends sticking out of the head, insufficient length (short). In this case, the centrifugal force is not enough for the fishing line for the trimmer to stretch. Therefore, it is required to stop the unit (drown out the engine or turn off the ethletric trimmer for grass from the network) and pull the fishing line for the trimmer manually, after pressing the button.
Option 3. A fishing line for a trimmer was soldered inside a mowing head. This leads to the fact that the coil is stopped and does not spin when the button is pressed. Basically, this happens for several reasons: poor quality of the cord, overheating of the coil with prolonged operation of the unit, a fishing line on solid items.
- In the first case, the cord of third.Party manufacturers can be made of low.Quality and fusible materials that do not withstand the mechanical and temperature load. Therefore, preference should be given to “branded” fishing.
- But, if you still purchased a fishing line for a trimmer of unknown quality, and it is often soldered during operation, then you can follow the example of some users who, after refueling the cord, moisten it either with silicone grease (from the spray can), or mineral oil). This procedure greatly reduces the likelihood of soldering a fishing line among themselves.
- Also, a fishing line for a trimmer can sleep if during a mowing it hit a hard object (stone, fence, dry branch, etc.D.). As a result of this, it is slightly stretched and draws back into the head with high speed. The cord is heated from friction, and its turns are sticking together. The only thing that can be done to eliminate this malfunction is to open a trimmer coil for grass and rewind a fishing line for a trimmer.
Dismantling of gasoline braids for grass, lubrication of its parts and replacing faulty elements
The lawn mower for repair work will come in handy, in the general case, the following devices:
- Set of screwdrivers (with various tips) and wretches;
- Small puller for removing bearings;
- Special candle key;
- A hammer.
In each case, it is useful to disassemble individual nodes.
It should be noted that the starter (start.Up) in a number of models is non.Devastated. In this case, with dilemmas with it, only substitution of the element is likely. If the node is disassembled, then it can be repaired by removing and replacing the rope and the spring, or by installing the latter in place (when it exit from the gear).
Repair of a gasoline engine, carburetor and gearbox
Problems with the engine can be caused by disadvantages with the piston system, oil seals, rings. To remove them, you need to remove the drive motor.
Find what exactly became a prerequisite for the breakdown, hard. In the presence of a guarantee, the mechanism should be attributed to the service center for diagnosis and repair. If you turn to the specialists for help, there is no ability, then it should be noted that the substitution of the piston rings is often required. It will come in handy for this disassemble
Engine, get a piston. Do this in the subsequent sequence:
- Remove the lid of the plastic case, unscrewing the screws or pressing the clamps;
- Disconnect the bar with the crankshaft;
- Remove the cylinder head;
- Take out the piston and rings;
- As needed, they make their substitution;
- Make assembly in a revolutionary sequence.
How the piston is placed and the seals are replaced during the repair of the motor, it is clearly shown in the rollers further:
With constant use of the lawn mower, a gearbox may break. Histers, bearings wear out in it (they can also break). So that this happens infrequently, this node should often be lubricated. Frequency is actually always indicated in the operational annotation to the model used (not more often than once per season). The video below can serve as an annotation for repair.
To grease the gearbox, unscrew the cork and just squeeze the suitable lubricant inside, scrolling the shaft.
Without the help of others, the carburetor can only be removed and cleaned, also change the gasket between it and the engine. The density of the node in home criteria is quite problematic to find. The main thing is true Collect
Equipment after repair, toTrimmer for grass He worked without troubles.
Electric trimmer device for grass: 3 types of common structures
For a long time, I have been engaged in maintenance, repair and commissioning of electric motors with various drives and compare an ethletric trimmer for grass with a conventional electric drift or screwdriver:
- The same collector engine with a brush mechanism and voltage supply wires;
- The simplest kinematic circuit for the transmission of the rotating moment from the rotor shaft to the actuator;
- Even a power cord with a fork and the power button is identical.
The difference is only in the engine mounting, the design of the handles, which provide the convenience of control and some other nodes of equipment associated with the specifics of the work of the Cossal.
A light low.Power trimmer for haircuts for a small grass class of small grass is usually created with the lower engine location and fixing the coil with a fishing line on it. The mount and handle rods are made long: the back of the worker should not bend.
A powerful electric trimmer for grass has an elongated bar, and the electric motor is located on top. The entire system is balanced and suspended on a belt, which allows you to conveniently work such models even to representatives of the weaker sex.
Manufacturers went on. Now the design is gaining popularity without a power cord. As an example, I give a battery trimmer for the grass Karcher LTR 18-30 BATTERY.
All three types of electric trimmers are created according to general principles. Their knowledge allows you to carry out your own repairs with your own hands with the most affordable tools of a home master.
Mechanical malfunctions of a trimmer for grass
If the electric engine of the device is turned on, but the rotation of the bobbin with the fishing line does not occur, the causes of such a malfunction may consist in a break in a flexible shaft transmitting torque. This problem is especially often manifested with improper care of the electrical appliance. For example, in the absence of lubrication inside the rod, the electric cables will be subjected to excessive friction and for a short time this part will fail. To replace it, it is enough to disconnect the upper part of the electric cos, in which the electric motor is located, after which it will be possible to extract a flexible shaft from the bar.
If there are difficulties in extracting the second part of the cable remaining in the cavity inside, the lower part of the braid for grass with a bobin and shaft is disconnected. The assembly of the mechanism is carried out in the reverse order.
Trimmer for grass with the lower engine location
Before installing, the flexible shaft must be carefully lubricated with plastic lubrication to reduce the probability of re.Failure of this part out of order.
The rupture of the flexible shaft can only occur in the models of the electrimmer with the upper engine location.
Electrics with the lower engine of the engine do not have a flexible shaft, but the malfunctions of such devices can manifest itself in the form of destruction of the main shaft of the electrocos on which the Bobin is installed with the fishing line.
It is very easy to repair such a malfunction to replace the failed bearing with a new part.
If the failure of the trimmer for the grass is associated with a non.Working engine, then in this case the owner will not be so easy to understand that it caused a problem, and how this can be eliminated. It is good if the device still has a warranty, in this case we can attribute a trimmer for the grass to the repair workshop, whose specialists will quickly and qualitatively cope with this task. Among the often identified and least related to the elimination of the causes of the engine formation, the destruction of the piston rings should be called. You can verify this by extracting the cylinder head and piston.
Most electric trimmers have two types of rods, a straight line with a gearbox and a curve with a sleeve. The reason for the lack of rotation of the cutting canvas may be indicated by the failure: rods, various connectors and adapters, gearbox or bushings. All electric motors are connected to a drive shaft by a transition sleeve, which we look first. Next, look at the drive shaft and the connection, if the bar is collapsible, all this can be done with your own hands without using the Specification.
[Watch before you buy] DEWALT 20V MAX String Trimmer Kit. 2021 Review