How to flood a disc for a trimmer for grass.
Rules for replacing knives on a trimmer for grass
Our craftsmen efficiently and quickly performed a knife for a trimmer for grass, each client will like the price of the service. And those who regularly turn to us for sharpening the tools receive pleasant discounts.
Contact, we guarantee an excellent service, high.Quality performance of our work.
How to sharpen a trimmer’s blades for grass without the help of others?
The trimmer for the grass is designed to preserve lawns and hedges perfect, and that is why it is so important that the blades of the knives are preserved sharpened. But what to do if they are still dull from hard grass or branches? You can purchase a new trimmer for grass or a trimmer head. However, it is much easier and faster to sharpen the blades of knives yourself. Let’s figure out how to do it.
First find gloves that protect your hands from cuts. You can also put on protective glasses so that sparks from the sharpening process do not get into the eyes. At the preparatory stage, you should disassemble the trimmer for the grass, or rather, extract blades from a trimmer cutting head. Gently remove the protective grill, and determine the method of attaching blades. If they are attached with bolts, unscrew them with a screwdriver, if removed with ordinary stretching, remove them slowly. Observe the limiting caution, do not try to tear off something by force, use screwdrivers.
Then the blades should be fixed so that they remain in place. You can place them in a vice. It is necessary to make sure that the fixation is strong, and the blades do not “go” back and forth, but at the same time the fixation should not be deforming, crush the trimmer blades for the grass
Nothing at all. Trimmer blades for the grass for the sharpening of the owed to protrude from a vice. Otherwise, the trim process will be difficult.
For sharpening itself, a special file is required to sharpen metal surfaces of the tools. Such special files are sold in stores of a garden instrument, and are used mainly for sharpening a saw. The file should not be very wide, otherwise it will not work to get into the intervals between the blades, and it is also quite difficult to work very small. Therefore, the width and length of the file should be selected based on the size of the gap between the trimmer blades for the grass.
What types of trimmer knives are
Initially, we note that metal discs can be used not only on gasoline, but also electric trimmers. The main condition for the use of metal cutting knives on the equipment. In the design of the tool, the transmission mechanism (shaft or gearbox) should be a rigid type. A hard.Type gearbox is a metal shaft transmitting a torque from an electric or gasoline engine to a working organ.
There are models of trimmers with flexible shafts, the design of gearboxes in which is represented by a steel cable. These are, as a rule, low.Power electrical grass drivers that are not intended for large loads, as well as household lawn mowers. You can’t use metal disks on trimmers with a flexible shaft (only plastic), as this will lead to a rapid failure of the gearbox. Before buying metal cutting mills, you will need to find out the type of gear ratio of your tool. Hard or flexible.
What type of gear ratio is used on the trimmer is indicated in the technical description to the tool. If a trimmer for grass has a curved bar, then a flexible shaft is used in its design. Tools with direct bar can be equipped with rigid and flexible gearboxes, which depends on the power of the trimmer for the grass.
Trimmer knives are classified according to the following signs:
- Manufacturing material. They are plastic and metal. Plastic knives are less effective than metal, but they do not have a large load on the shaft and the drive mechanism of the tool. Plastic discs are used on electric trimmers and household benzos
- The design of cutting devices. Steel discs are of two types. Blade and toothed (milling). Plastic knives are produced in the form of blades. Tough devices have a similar design with circular discs, and lobed have large flat knives
- The number of cutting edges. The number of teeth and knives on the disks differs, which affects the performance of cutting equipment. On gear discs, the amount reaches 80 links, and on blade. From one to four pieces
- The presence of additional spraying. Steel gears are additionally equipped with winning attacks, which allows you to use a tool for driving grass on mound surfaces. When the disk is contacted with obstacles in the form of earth and stones, the teeth are not deformed and do not dull, which is achieved due to the presence of winning attacks. Experts say that devices with carbide attacks do not serve for long. Attacks wear out quickly, and then the milling cutter is used without winning
Plastic knives for trimmers not only cost cheaper than metal ones, but also do not have high loads on the engine and transmission mechanism. This is especially true when the knife stumbles upon obstacles. The higher the elasticity of the cutting knife, the less likely the deformation of the plastic disks.
It is interesting!Rosted wheels with a large number of links are used to prick different grass. Dry, green lawn and thick.Nisted. The cut with such a disk is straight, clean and even. In addition, a large number of teeth excludes their rapid dullness, and the presence of additional holes on the surface of the circle (penetration) is intended not only for cooling, but also to reduce weight and increase inertia.
Types of steel knives
Not all motorcycles are designed to install disks or knives on them. In order for the engine to “pull out” the knife, it must be powerful, at least 1-1.2 liters.With. In addition, a hard forged shaft should be installed inside the bar. If you have a gasoline braid for grass or an electric trimmer for grass with a curved bar, then it does not have a metal shaft inside it, but a cable. He will not stand the knife. He will burst right away.
But, if everything is in order with the scythe, and the manufacturer provides a knife in the kit, then feel free to use it.
- Mixed vegetation;
- The presence of dense and hard shoots;
- Abundance of solid weeds;
- Cut of corn stems, sunflower;
- Germination of fresh shoots of shrub.
Cut principle. Rotation of the knife on the shaft. The width of the mowing, as a rule, is standard for all motorcycles. A quarter of a meter, but there are knives and more in diameter.
The design of the knife for motorcycles. Lobed. Blades are sharp blades sharpened on both sides. There can be two, three, or four blades.
- Two.Beam resembles a plate. Light and suitable even for household trimmers;
- Three.Lobed. The most popular with a cut of weeds. It has a small base and three long blades;
- Four.Beam is characterized in that its basis is larger, and the blades are shorter. With this design, grass is less sowed, which is important when mowing into hay, since it is difficult to collect finely cutting hay then.
The more blades, the higher the productivity of mowing. After all, it is the blades that perform an effective slice of hard vegetation.
Often to increase the strength of the knife on the blades, winning attacks are applied. Such a knife element is much stronger and more resilient. But he is heavier in weight. Therefore, do not rush to install a multi.Lobed knife if you mow, for example, a soft clover. It is better to save it for gardens, where you need to cut thick and hard corn stems.
When a knife is spent, you especially carefully inspect the site. If there is an insidious stone or a solid bump. Staging. Break or skew the knife, and the engine will subject excess stress.
How to sharpen a disk if it is dull
Motokos are designed for mowing grass, shrubs and young trees. The quality and productivity of the work depends on the severity of the blades. Over time, knives are blunting even with winning attacks. In this case, you can go in two ways:
To properly sharpen the knives, act as follows:
COMPARING MILWAUKEE M18 BRUSHLESS STRING TRIMMER TO FUEL QUIK-LOK // MILWAUKEE TRIMMER CHALLENGE!
- Gently disassemble the trimmer for the grass, removing the cutter;
- Examine it for cracks that make further operation impossible;
- If the blades are bent, then they are aligned using a hammer;
- Reliably clamp the blades, not too much, but so that they do not move;
- Based on the size of the disk, choose a file for metal so that it is convenient to work;
- To the same extent (at an angle equal to 30 degrees), all cutting (upper) edges of the knives are pulled;
- The lawn mower is assembled in the reverse order.
Disks with an attack of solid materials are only changed to new ones, but do not sharpen.
Sharpening can be carried out on an emery machine at low speeds. This will accelerate the workflow. At the same time, a grinding circle with the average grain size is used to work. Knives should be sharpened, having previously put on gloves and glasses.
Read more: Technical characteristics, photos and videos of the Hyundai dump trucks (Hyundai) HD 78, HD 170, HD 270
For motorcycle, plastic and metal cutting nozzles with different number of blades and sharpening are used. These factors determine the sphere of application of knives. Therefore, they should be selected, given the nature of the upcoming work. Replacing and sharpening the discs of a trimmer for grass should be carried out carefully so as not to get injuries. There is nothing complicated about it. Only a way to fix the milling on old models can differ, therefore, it may be necessary to use another tool.
The procedure for installing a disk on a trimmer for grass
Installation of a knife on a trimmer for grass is very simple. For this, a complete key is used, disconnecting the cutting nozzle, and a pin that blocks the gearbox. The procedure is as follows.
- First of all, you should turn off the electric trimmer for the grass from the network, gasoline. Just drown out. Disconnect and remove aside the protective casing.
- Next, you need to combine holes on the gearbox and shaft to stick a pin in them and block the drive.
- If a spool with a fishing line was used, it must be unscrewed clockwise.
As you can see, the procedure is very simple and the same for many brands, whether it is a technique or Husqvarna.
On a note! If the owner of the device wants to replace the disk back with a trimmer fishing line, you can install a coil with it in a similar way.
Frequency of undermining
The frequency of sharpening a trimmer for grass for beard depends on many factors. First of all, it is:
A good tool for a hairdresser can live for about a year. A cheaper device when using 1-2 times a week can last two years.
The reasons for the loss of cutting properties
In addition to active use, a common cause of premature loss of cutting properties is incorrect care.
- Washing with water and not very thorough drying;
- The use of an unpeeled tool again;
- The use of low.Quality oil for lubrication or lack of lubrication;
- Storage at high humidity;
- Mechanical damage.
You can save a dull trimmer for the grass. And it is not necessary for this to buy a replaced block, just carry out sharpening. But despite the ability to do it yourself, you need to be very careful so as not to spoil the device.
Which line diameter is better?
For different freshness and softness of grass, you need a different fishing line diameter (cord). But right away. Carefully read the technical passport of your device. If the manufacturer indicated that the permissible fishing line for a trimmer is not more than 1.2 mm, then do not try to wrap a two.Mm. Do not bother for a long time. The engine is overheated from the load.
The diameter of the cords sold in Ukraine is in the range from 1.2 mm to 4 mm.
- 1.2 mm. 1.6 mm. Thin. It is used to care for the lawn, permanent and frequent mowing. Most often recommended for electric trimmers with a capacity of 0.5-0.7 kW.
- 2 mm. 2.4 mm. The most popular cord option. Suitable for medium.Power units. The most common among summer residents. Cuts both young and old grass, hard and grown.
- 3 mm. 3.2 mm is suitable for powerful professional gasoline cos. Thick strings easily cope even with rude weeds and dry.
- 4 mm. The thickest. A little aluminum is added to the nylon for strength. It is rarely used, since the engine power, as a rule, makes restrictions on this diameter. But if the motor allows. Refill and cut weeds.
Often, manufacturers stain different fishing line for a trimmer in different colors. Green, blue, orange, so that it is easier for users to understand. Bay meter is from 10 meters to 100.
Difficulties in choosing between fishing line and knife
The fishing line for a trimmer is used for low and soft grass, for higher grass, with obviously strict and old stems, it is better to use a knife. In the set of branded models of trimmers, these two cutting tools are usually included in advance. Depending on the frequency of using one or another element, branded models, as a rule, serve at least 5 seasons.
Competent selection of fishing line
A fishing line for a trimmer is considered not a very reliable cutting tool, because it can easily catch on glass, stone, thick branch and tear. Therefore, before choosing a fishing line for a trimmer, you need to decide on its thickness. Usually, the thickness is spelled out in the instructions, where its functional features are also set out. A standard fishing line for a trimmer has a diameter of 1-1.4 millimeters, but its competent selection will always depend on the power of the mowing apparatus itself. As a rule, normal packaging contains 15 meters of forest material. It will be enough for 5-10 applications. At the same time, there are enlarged coils in which the length of the wire is about 200 meters.
IMPORTANT! It is necessary to pay close attention to the date of manufacture of the forest thread, because the older it is, the faster it will tear!
Stihl starter rope hard to pull? This easy DIY repair works on 4 mix trimmers and blowers
Forms of the forest section
This parameter will depend on the type of grass. A round fishing line for a trimmer is characterized by increased strength and is suitable for almost all types of vegetation. But it is very noisy when working, therefore, in order to work with it in relative comfort, it is necessary to use Berushi or construction headphones.
Forest material can be figured, and be made according to the cross section in the form of a star, square or multi.Linear. Such a thread should be used during the cleaning of the earth cover of thick and hard stems, especially since the noise from it is quite small. At the same time, it is worth mentioning that its increased efficiency is that it has sharp corners, hence the ability to qualitatively cut off dry grass. However, such a thread breaks much more often.
The correct selection of fishing line diameter
For different softness/freshness of grass cover, a special fishing line diameter will be needed. However, this does not mean that the thick cord (fishing line for trimmer) can be installed on any mowing apparatus, regardless of its power. Before such installation, you must definitely familiarize yourself with the recommended characteristics that are indicated in the instructions. As an example, you can indicate the following situation: an attempt to wind a 2-mm cord on the apparatus, which is designed to work with a thread no more than 1.2 millimeters-will invariably lead to a breakdown of all equipment, t.To. The engine overheating will inevitably.
By diameter thickness, the cord can be divided into the following sizes:
- 1.2-1.6 millimeters-thin. Perfect for caring for a small lawn, including its infrequent mowing. The power of mowing equipment can be from 0.5 to 0.7 kW.
- 2-2.4 millimeters-the most popular version of the material. Used in medium.Power equipment, which is extremely common among avid summer residents. It copes equally well with grimy grass, and with young shoots.
- 3-3.2 millimeters-is considered the choice of professionals, it is usually installed on powerful gasoline braids for grass, without problems cope with rude dry-resistant and weeds.
- 4 millimeters are the most thick of the existing ones, even a little aluminum was added to it in order to harden the material. It has very clear restrictions on the engine power, which is why it is rarely used and only against weeds with a strong root system.
IMPORTANT! As a rule, the manufacturer stains a fishing line for a trimmer in certain colors (from softer to a more aggressive, for example, from green to red), so that a potential buyer is visually easier to understand the thickness of the cord.
Material of fishing line
The standard material for the manufacture of the cord is nylon, which is characterized by special flexibility and strength and is able to withstand the drops of operating temperatures and the volume of loads. Also, there are threads with a metal core-they are stronger than nylon about 30 percent or less prone to wear. They cope with high grass perfectly. Regarding price variability: nylon will cost about 100, and material with metallic interspersed. From 800.
Sharpening of the disk
Regardless of the quality of the disk, over time it is stupid and begins to cut the grass poorly. If the knives are still relatively new, and the replacement is inappropriate, you can sharpen them with your own hands.
Important! For sharpening, only those discs are suitable on which there are no attacks from solid materials. Such details are thrown away, and instead new.
- Disassemble a trimmer for grass, remove knives;
- Carefully inspect the disk. If cracks are discovered, it is better to change the part to a new one, since its further operation is unsafe;
- Bent blades can be carefully bend with a hammer;
- Given the size of the disk, you need to choose the right file for metal, this will provide more convenient work;
- At an angle of 30 ° equally sharpen all the upper cutting edges of the disks;
- Collect a trimmer for the grass in the reverse order.
To sharpen the disk, you can use an sandpaper at low speeds by installing a circle for grinding with medium.Sized grain. Through such a tool, the process will move much faster. For safety, you need to put on gloves on your hands, and a protective mask or glasses on your face.
So, for beating grass on gasoline and electrimers, plastic and metal disks of various shapes are used and with a different set of blades. They are chosen in accordance with the type of work performed and the size of the processed territory. If the knives on the mower are swept away, they are easy to sharpen or change them on their own. Despite the simplicity of the procedure, you need to be neat and remember the safety so as not to injure by negligence or not to damage the technique. A more detailed description of the replacement of knives in relation to a specific model of a trimmer for the grass can be viewed in the instructions for operation or on the official website of the manufacturer. For clarity, the general process of the process is shown in the video.