How to make a baler for a power tiller. Manual
Press for a motor-block: types, features, characteristics
Press picker for a motor-block. an excellent “helper”, facilitating the collection of hay. But before you buy it, you need to understand what it is. In addition, you should familiarize yourself in advance with the types and characteristics of such units. And the compiled rating of models and their price will help you choose.
Press for a motor-block, which is installed for directly on the device, allows farmers to quickly and easily collect hay on the plot. The machine not only helps to collect already dry grass, it compresses it into briquettes or bales of different shapes. So, the machine can give out rectangular or cylindrical, which will already depend on the variety of balers.
For large-scale agricultural work there are large hay tools on the market. These “helpers” are of two kinds:
The second type is mostly used, which can be explained by its compactness. For large agricultural activities, more bale equipment is suitable.
And for the farms of farmers, which are not characterized by a large area, fit a mini baler, suitable for power tillers and tractors. Therefore, in private farms it is popular. Small machines also come in rolls and bales. Their advantage is in the briquette created, the maximum weight of which is 20 kg.
Hay press with their own hands: description, device, scheme and recommendations
The issue of winter storage of hay is relevant for farmers and private individuals engaged in livestock and poultry. There are a few simple ways to pack hay that do not require a lot of money. One of them is the press.
Baler for hay
In the old way dried grass cuttings are gathered into sheaves. They not only occupy a lot of space, but often deteriorate. It does not save the hay and a polyethylene cover. If the sheaves do not get wet from above, they start to wither from the inside.
It is much more convenient and practical, according to the opinion of modern farmers, to store hay in the pressed form. The mechanism for the formation of the briquette can be made on your own, without resorting to large costs. Most often a large part of the necessary materials is in the storerooms or barns.
There are three variants that appeal to many users. Two of them are a metal or wooden body with a hinged piston. The third is a baler, working from the traction of a power tiller.
#07 Unbelievable Small boy starting Power Tiller.How to start Power Tiller?
The easiest to make (no welding required) and use, the wooden hay baler. Its work takes place in four stages. The hay laid in the box, flipping the baler three times, is pressed. Then, without removing it, tied with string.
The mechanism is a large box of wood, which sits rigidly on a frame of a thick beam or metal profiles. The box has no roof, but there is a hinged door, like a wicket.
Presses for hay with their own hands to make is not difficult. You will need planed, sanded and carefully polished boards. Connect them preferably with metal corners with mounting bolts. Then you need to trim the box around the perimeter (top and bottom) with metal laths (preferably stainless steel). This will give the construction strength.
Arrange the wicket door
Treating the box with slats, you need to remember about the opening for the wicket door. Therefore, experts recommend that you reinforce the planks from the inside. On the upper perimeter will be enough, since on the lower bottom the bottom is rigidly fixed with an iron frame.
The easiest option for fixing the hinged wicket door. the usual hinges or door hinges. And the side metal slats should hold it tightly during pressing. To do this, they need to be fixed so that they protrude over the side edge and end in large serrations. The length of the lug depends on the steel or wooden bolt, or rather, on the thickness of its side edge. The bolt may be made from a bar, a rod or a rigid slat.
The hay press is made of metal or wood. To the back wall of the box is mounted bar several times the height of the box itself. Two parallel bars are fixed on it. The distance is calculated so that between them there was a possibility to mount a beam, which will make half-turns around its axis. The press sole is fastened to the second end of the beam. It should freely make the same half-turns.
The shape and area of the sole is calculated from the dimensions of the cross-section of the structure itself. For the freedom of movement of the piston leave 5-8 mm.
On the back part of the box, in a place convenient for work, is mounted the spool with synthetic rope or thick fishing line. On the other side, two narrow, elongated holes are made in the wicket door. They are needed for tying the resulting briquettes.
This device greatly facilitates the work of the farmer. The baler mechanizes the laborious and time-consuming process of dry grass collection from the fields. The smart machine not only collects, but also rolls hay into tight bales.
It is easy to buy a baler. But the factory version is designed to work with an ordinary tractor or its mini version. It is not suitable for small farms that use only motor-blocks.
You can also assemble a similar device yourself. It does not require much effort and money.
Such presses for hay with their own hands are made quickly enough, perfectly copes with the full cycle of collecting and packing of hay. They are able to collect dried rolls across the field, compress and roll up dry grass.
There are several advantages. These pickups are simple machines, and as a consequence, they are easy to set up. Do not crumble the grass and do not deform the bales homemade presses for hay. The sizes of assembled units allow to create small briquettes, which can be carried and stacked by one person.
A small fly in the ointment can be recognized only as a lower density of the briquettes coming out of the homemade press. This is most often due to the lack of a binder apparatus, which is not installed so as not to lose power to the tractor.
Construction of a hay baler
- The frame for mounting all the assemblies and the main part of the attachment to the machine. the forehead;
- running gear with a rigid base for the press cage. Equipped with two wheels to move around the field;
- Pick-up with a conveyor belt, which will collect the bales of hay from the field;
- Cylindrical shaped chamber-casing with a baler on a driveline and a small gearbox. This part is made of rollers, grid, pressing the hay, forming steel plate on a rigid spring (on the factory installation instead of it. hydraulics).
Here it is worth noting that the more powerful single-axle tractor, the more likely to achieve the desired speed of rotation of the rollers, the higher the productivity of the assembled machine.
Homemade hay baler, working on the traction of a motor-block, is assembled in several stages:
- Assembles the undercarriage. the base on two pneumatic wheels.
- The front wheel and the pick-up with the belt are mounted on it.
- Hay baler and box are assembled as a single independent element. At the bottom of the box are the rollers and the grid for pressing the hay down. The spring, on top of the box, holds the plate. It presses the grass, which has already been compressed, before it is rolled into a bale.
- Then the drive unit is assembled. To do this, we connect the PTO shaft and the two-speed gearbox, from which the chain drive goes to the pick-up conveyor belt rollers.
- The pickup unit is equipped with pinions of a slightly larger diameter than those on the rollers (to increase the pickup speed and the pressing power).
A jack press: the critical links
The vibrations in the press often cause the metal to creak and groan. The mechanical stresses in its components are inaudible and invisible, but can quickly negate the effort and expense of its maker, and a falling crosshead can cause injury and damage. This is why the choice of materials for the press and the technical design of the whole structure must be taken very seriously.
The wrong solution would be a welded frame made of steel tubing (pos. 1 in fig. it practically does not dampen vibrations, the welded seams are subject to cracking due to the forces occurring during pressing. The steel pipe is massive and very resilient so it acts as a good energy reservoir. Т.е., If one of the seams cracks, a heavy, sharp-edged crosshead can instantly snap off and fly away.
Examples of incorrect and correct technical execution of a homemade press frame
Home-built press frame should be made of channels, single or twin. I-beams are less suitable: the slightest asymmetry in the pressing force relative to the vertical axis of the frame causes significant transverse stresses in the I-beam flange, which is contraindicated in this type of profile. In addition, the I-beam is not designed to accept concentrated loads.
Single channel welded frame with supporting beams (pos. 2 in Fig.) will be sufficiently reliable and stable under the load of approx. up to 5 tf; the 10 t jack is too strong for this press. Press traverses for a clamping force of up to 12-15 ton-force must be made of twin-ribbed channels, with the flanges facing outward, pos. 3. This is again an excellent choice for garage or garage: there is no need to make holes in the beams for shafts which would inadmissibly weaken the frame. If the press is designed to work at maximum forces (stamping, forming, bending), the best option is a powerful single channel (see. below) and frame, bolted together, pos. 4; tack welding in this case is technological, facilitating the assembly of the frame. Bolts, first, will eliminate the sudden destruction of the frame. Secondly, they will be good absorbers of vibrations.
What to buy a channel?
Dimensions channel for the frame of the hydraulic press from the jack select the following. In this way (it is supposed that the profile is made of usual construction steel St44 or similar, and the crossbeams are solid):
How to make a mini round bale barrel feeder
- Up to 2 ton-force. single 80x40x4 mm; coupled 60x30x4 mm.
- For a force of 2-5 tf. single from 100x50x6 mm; paired from 80x40x4 mm.
- For a force of 5-10 ton-force. single from 160х80х8 mm; paired from 120х60х6 mm.
- On force of 10-15 ton-force. single from 220x110x12 mm; paired from 150x75x8 mm.
- Up to 25 msec. single, 280x140x15 mm; paired, 180x90x9 mm.
What to make columns?
Home-made hydraulic press with coupled round columns
Press frame beams do not work for bending, like cross beams, but for tensile loads, to which metal resists much better. But the design of the columns largely determines the vibration resistance of the press. The channel in this respect is not ideal, it dampens vibrations poorly. To try it out, tap with a hammer on pieces of channel and square tubing. they sound almost the same. The sound from a solid steel bar will be much deafening. In addition, the round press frame columns can absorb lateral forces, particularly if the columns are twin-column. In this case the press is as compact and light as possible. Fig. right), which will significantly or completely compensate for its increased labor intensity.
Note: if the press is designed for low forces (mechanical assembly or repair work), the round columns of the frame can be made of pipes, see the following figures. roller:
Step by step instruction
Consistent assembly of homemade baler for hay to power tiller will ease the installation work and do it most qualitatively. To independently create a convenient baler to the home motoblock will need to perform several steps of work:
- Start by assembling the undercarriage. the base on a pair of pneumatic wheels.
- On it the headstock and the pickup with the conveyor belt are mounted.
- Separately mount the press chamber, in the lower part of which are installed rollers and pressure grid, and in the upper part. a plate on the spring, which will press the pressed layers for a tighter winding of the bale.
- Next, we assemble the drive that drives the working parts of the machine. connect the cardan to the 2-speed gearbox, from which the chain gear will go to the rollers and the pick-up conveyor.
- On the mechanism of the hay picker we mount gears of a larger diameter than on the rollers, in order to increase the picking up speed and the power of simultaneous baling.
If you need to get better results when collecting hay with a power tiller, you can use a simpler and more long-term, but effective option. to divide the work into collecting the grass mass with a power tiller rake and baling it with a separate manual or electric device. In the video homemade baler made with their own hands:
Arrangement of the wicket door
Treating the box with slats, you need to remember about the opening for the wicket door. Therefore, experts recommend duplicating the reinforcement from the inside. On the upper perimeter will be enough, as on the bottom the bottom is rigidly fixed with an iron frame.
The easiest way to mount the hinged wicket door is with conventional hinges or door hinges. And it should be held tightly during pressing by the side metal slats. To do this, they need to be fixed so that they protrude beyond the side edge and end in large serrations. The length of the ledge depends on the steel or wooden gate, or rather, on the thickness of its side edge. The hinge can be made of a bar, a rod or a rigid rail.
Mowers for the power tiller
and more often you can see how the owners of dachas and small farms perform haying with a power tiller. There are several varieties of this equipment, differing not only in appearance, but also in the principle of operation.
On the market you can meet and pick up the following modifications:
Frontal models fall into two categories:
When choosing an attachment for yourself, it is worth considering the following features:
How the grass will be laid:
- into windrows. this option will allow without the involvement of additional equipment (rakes) to quickly form a stack;
- in the mowing. the grass covers the lawn in an even layer, you will need additional equipment for its collection and laying;
- mulching. the grass is shredded, becoming a natural fertilizer for plants (shrubs, trees, etc. д.).
- Front of the power harvester. the most popular option;
- at the back. these are chain mowers, used more and more for lawn cultivation;
- on the side (half-hanging). the support wheel takes the main weight of the mower, such models are more relevant for mini-tractors.
- The power of the mowing unit. The higher it is, the more functional the nozzle. with its help you can mow not only grass, but also shrubs, young tree growth up to 3.5 cm in diameter.
- Rotation speeds of the haymower’s working elements.
Mowers, Rake, Press-Pickers for Moto-Block
Mowers, rakes, balers for power tillers. these are devices that many times increase the functionality of the machine, allowing it to perform a wide range of agricultural works. Haymaking and lawn clearing are major operations where you can’t do without a mower and other equipment.
Let’s list all the attachments on a single-axle tractor, which are designed to facilitate the work on preparation of forage for livestock and lawn care:
We suggest you get acquainted with the types of each category of attachments.
How to assemble
Before making a homemade baler for hay, you need to understand the principle of its operation. The equipment works from a mini-tractor or power tiller, to which is aggregated. It grips and picks up the mowed crops and natural crops, and guides them into the chamber for baling. Under the action of the technological rollers and grids, hay is twisted into bales or bales and wrapped with twine.
At the end of the process, the twine is cut, hydraulic lifters open the chamber, and the bale is unloaded onto the ground.
Balers are divided into 2 types:
Bale balers produce cylindrical bales, while square bales produce small rectangular bales.
Homemade devices are made in 2 variants:
Stationary pickers do not pick up hay in the fields, they are installed on stands or supports. Mobile balers are designed for picking up straw swaths when working with a mini-tractor or power tiller. They are aggregated by means of a coupling adapter and move on wheels. Most often, craftsmen make bale pickers mobile, bale pickers are stationary.
The bale type
The factory balers for power tillers have a complex design. It is almost impossible to duplicate the device in a workshop environment. This is why the binding apparatus is often not installed on the press and the bales are not as dense.
The instructions for making and assembling a bale baler with your own hands looks like this:
- Assemble undercarriage. It uses a frame structure made of metal pipes to install the base and all units of the machine, attach 2 pneumatic wheels to move around the field. For frame stability you can put 4 wheels:
- 2 front ones. small diameter, e.g. from a bogie;
- 2 larger wheels at the rear.
- In the front, a frontal to attach to the pulling unit is installed.
- The pick-up and the 2-ply transport belt are mounted on the frame, the upper side is made of rubber, the lower side is made of fabric gasket.
- The press chamber is made separately. On the upper part is placed a thick board or a steel plate on the rigid spring for compaction, on the lower part. the rollers and the grid pressing the hay.
- Cardan shaft is connected to the 2-speed gearbox to drive the working bodies.
- In order to increase the pick-up speed of the rollers and the baling speed, the gears on the rollers are of a smaller diameter than the gears of the device.
When working with a power tiller the best result will be obtained by dividing the technological process into 2 steps. the vegetation is collected separately with a power rake, and then it is pressed manually or with an electric device.
The simplest bale baler is a product made of box-shaped wood, rigidly mounted on a frame made of thick bar or metal profiles. For the construction are used boards, which are strutted and bolted together with steel angles. For structural strength, strengthen the top and bottom parts with metal slats, papering around the perimeter. On one side of the box is a door on hinges for the straw.
To the back of the box is attached a structure made of a large beam with 2 parallel boards and a rotating half-turn beam with the sole of the press at the end. A coil of twine or synthetic twine is placed in a convenient place. On the hinged door make 2 narrow slots for tying the bale.
How to assemble a manual press
Externally, the hay baler with their own hands looks like a wooden box attached to the frame. Make a handmade hay baler from ordinary boards, which are fastened for strength with an angle by means of fastening bolts. The perimeter of the box is lined with strips of metal. Special attention should be paid to the hinged lid. The opening for it should also be lined with strips of metal, both outside and inside. The hinged lid is also made of boards, and the most convenient way to mount it is on the usual door hinges.
The baler itself is best made of metal, but you can also use wood. Those who bale with a metal device note the greater density of the bale.
To the back wall of the wooden box is attached a piece of bar, one and a half times the height of the box. Two small parallel bars are mounted on it. There must be a distance between them, allowing to attach a beam, capable of making several half-turns around its axis. At the other end of the baler is mounted, which looks like a flat sole. The press should also be free to make a semi-turn around its axis. The shape and size of the press is calculated from the cross-sectional dimensions of the main box.
At the back of the box, we also mount a bale with string. It is needed to tie up the bale we have just received. We bale simply: we put hay or straw inside, close the lid, rotate the press, tie the resulting bale.
Metal version of the hand press is made according to the same scheme, the only difference is that the body is welded from steel sheets.