How to make a dozer blade on a single axle tractor
How to make a knife for power tiller with my own hands
Now many people prefer to live in their own houses and, accordingly, the surrounding area takes up a large. To work on the homestead plot one buys motocultivators, motor blocks and mini-tractors.
In winter, snow removal turns into a competition to see who wins. And owners who have motorized equipment prefer to remove snow with it. Attachments on a single-axle tractor are not cheap
, That’s why craftsmen prefer to make it themselves.
The domestic single-axle tractor “Neva” is widespread. It has regular places for attaching devices and rubber wheels, which are adapted for driving on loose snow. Most homemade shovels were made for the Neva.
On the Internet you can find many descriptions and drawings of a shovel for a power tiller with your own hands. But before making it, you should get acquainted with the characteristics of the shovels. The composition of the product:
Turning the shovel to the side allows you to remove snow mass during movement. Going to sites for amateur craftsmen, you can find a lot of information on how to make a moldboard for a power tiller with your own hands.
The moldboard from a cylinder
One of the available materials for making the dozer blade is a gas cylinder. Its height is just over a meter, and the recommended width of the shovel is 1000 mm. The fabrication work is carried out in the following sequence:
The thickness of the cylinder is sufficient and reinforcement is not required. But you can equip the bottom part with thick rubber, which will remove loose snow and not spoil the compacted road. To do this, you need to take the rigid rubber from the rotary conveyor.
The width of the rubber lane is 100-150 mm. In the moldboard with an electric drill drill holes to fix the rubber. To securely fasten the blade you need a metal strip 900x100x3 mm. Drill holes in the strip and in the blade by pre-marking the blade. Fasten with screws.
Blade made of sheet steel
Some craftsmen prefer to use new material rather than used elements. This is how you can make a homemade shovel out of a 3 mm thick steel plate. To strengthen the structure take a strip of steel no less than 5 mm thick.
Material is cut according to the drawings. The blade itself has four parts: a front one, a lower one, and two side parts. Welded construction needs to be strengthened. To do this, elements cut out of the 5 mm strip are welded in a vertical direction.
Further, the swivel mechanism is made. It is an ear with a hole for the axle. The ear is welded to the angle, which is attached to the blade. The axle is fixed on one end of the tube, and the other end is fixed on the power tiller. The required angle of rotation is fixed with a pin (dowel).
3 mm is a small thickness, so reinforcement is required. Cut from a 3 mm sheet 850h100h3 strip. It can be fixed by bolting, but you will have to drill or weld the strip first.
As you can see, to carry out the work will be needed:
If you have certain skills, the work does not cause difficulties. And the resulting design can be used not only in winter, but also in summer. Level the site after construction work, level the place for a child’s sandbox and much more. What design to choose. you decide.
Snow shovel, designed to be attached to a single-axle tractor, is a hinged iron blade in the form of a bucket or an arc-shovel, and consists of three elements:
The principle of operation of such a snowplow consists in its attachment to a tractor. mechanical or automated, in the case described in the article. to a single-axle tractor.
The factory snowplow configuration includes these elements:
- Bucket (shovel, blade), attached to the base of the electric motor;
- Handle for height adjustment, often telescopic in shape;
- Electric motor located under the body, with attachments for attachments.
The snow thrower’s attachments, which are used in the factory, can be made in the form of corded rubber plates, as well as metal blades. Such devices, mounted on the lower wide edge of the blade, remove snow and level the ground. They can be made and strengthened on a homemade snow thrower by your own efforts.
Conveniently! Such snow removal equipment on wheels as a power tiller is especially preferred for use by the elderly and people with poor physical health.
The design allows for variations in the angle of the blade:
Changing the angle of rotation involves fixing the shovel in that position with an L-shaped attachment, making it easier to clear snow.
How to make a snow blower from a power tiller
Users are mainly interested in such issues:
- Is it possible to construct a snowplow from a ready-made power tiller.
- How to make a power tiller snow shovel with your own hands.
- Is it possible to make an auger rotor device for snow removal by yourself.
On the Internet you can find many options for solving these issues, for example, we suggest you familiarize yourself with the drawings of motoblade scraper for snow with your own hands:
And now study the drawing of the rotary snowplow, there are videos on the Internet, showing and telling all the stages of creating such a canopy:
Self-made snow shovel
To make a snow shovel for the single-axle tractor “Neva” yourself, to begin with, you will need to gather the necessary tools and materials. So, we will need:
- Old steel barrel for 200 liters;
- A strip of iron with dimensions of approximately 850x100x3 mm;
- 1 m of square pipe with a cross section of 40×40 mm;
- M10,M12 and M8 bolts as well as washers and nuts;
- a set of metal drills;
- a set of wrenches;
- A sheet of thick, durable rubber;
- a small, but thick, steel plate;
- angle grinder with metal disks;
- welding machine;
- hand electric drill.
Once all the tools, materials and drawings are collected, you can begin to make a moldboard for a power tiller with your own hands. The easiest solution would be to make a bucket from an old 200-liter barrel, because it initially has the optimum roundness. In this case, you do not need to heat the metal sheets and bend them, giving them the desired shape. So, we need an old barrel, which should be cut off the lid and bottom with an angle grinder. The resulting pipe should be cut lengthwise into three equal segments. These two-thirds need to be on the contour with a welder to connect together, and the remaining third to cut the angle grinder into strips that will be used to ensure sufficient rigidity. Attach one strip each to the sides of the shovel, and distribute several pieces evenly along the entire length of the blade.
The construction of a homemade snowplow blade
Now, for additional strengthening of the whole structure of the blade, you need to make a knife at the bottom of the bucket. You will need an iron strip with dimensions of 850x100x3 mm. Using an electric drill, drill three holes in the blade with a diameter of 5-6 mm and a distance between them of 100-120 mm. This is necessary to reinforce the rubber seal that will prevent the bucket from damaging the pavement. Bolt the blade to the working edge of the bucket.
After assembling the snow shovel and the blade, you must make and mount the blade mount. Weld a piece of pipe to the homemade motor-blade blade in the center of the design. In the middle of the pipe with a welding fix a semicircle of a thick sheet metal and make a few holes in it for adjusting the desired angles of rotation and fixing the blade of the snowplow.
Next, you need to take another piece of square tube and make it into an L-shaped holder. The short side of this holder is installed in the swivel half-circle, and the other end of the pipe is bolted to the power unit frame. To adjust the height of the blade use two bolts screwed into the recess of a square tube, which is welded to the hitch and put on the L-shaped holder. The video shows a snow shovel for a power tiller and how to work with it.
Now many people prefer to live in their own homes, and accordingly the surrounding area occupies a large area. To work on the homestead, motor cultivators, power tillers and mini-tractors are purchased.
In winter, snow shoveling turns into a competition to see who wins. And owners, who have motorized equipment, prefer to clean the snow with it. The mounted equipment on a single-axle tractor is not cheap, so craftsmen prefer to make it themselves.
The domestic single-axle tractor “Neva” is widely used. It has standard attachment points for attachments and rubber wheels, which are adapted for driving in loose snow. Most homemade shovels were made for the Neva.
On the Internet you can find many descriptions and drawings of a shovel for a power tiller with your own hands. But before making it, please read the specifications of the moldboard. The composition of the product:
Turning the shovel to the side allows you to remove the snow mass while driving. Going to the sites for amateur craftsmen, you can find a lot of information on how to make a moldboard for a power tiller with your own hands.
The moldboard from a cylinder
One of the available materials for making the moldboard is a gas cylinder. Its height is just over a meter, and the recommended width of the shovel is 1000 mm. The fabrication work proceeds in the following sequence:
- Release excess pressure from the cylinder, if any.
- Cut on both sides of the cover so that the width is equal to one meter.
- Cut the resulting pipe lengthwise into two halves
- Using a welder to connect the two halves so that the moldboard height is about 700 mm.
- Make the bracket for the mount as follows. From thick metal, cut a braid. Drill several holes in it to turn the shovel in different directions. Weld a piece of pipe to the braid.
- The resulting device is welded to the shovel at the height of the bracket on the power tiller.
- Installation is made by means of a thick pin.
The thickness of the blade is sufficient and no reinforcement is required. But you can equip the lower part with dense rubber, which will remove loose snow and not spoil the compacted road. To do this take a rigid rubber from the rotary conveyor.
Rubber blade width 100-150 mm. Drill holes in the moldboard with an electric drill to fix the rubber. To securely fasten the blade you need a metal strip 900x100x3 mm. In a strip and in a cloth to drill apertures preliminary having marked on a moldboard. Fasten by means of bolts.
Sheet steel blade
Some craftsmen prefer to use new material rather than used elements. So you can make a homemade shovel from a steel sheet 3 mm thick. To strengthen the structure, take strip steel at least 5 mm thick.
The material is cut according to the drawings. The blade of the shovel itself has four parts: the front, the lower, and the two sides. The welded structure needs to be reinforced. To do this, elements cut out of a five-gauge are welded in a vertical direction.
Next, the swivel mechanism is made. it is an ear with a hole for the axle. Ear welded to the angle that is attached to the moldboard. Attach the axle to one end of the pipe and fix the other end to the power tiller. The required angle of rotation is fixed with a pin (dowel pin).
3 mm is not very thick, so it needs to be reinforced. Cut the strip 850x100x3 from a 3 mm sheet. Attach can be bolted, but you must first drill or tack weld the strip.
As you can see, to carry out the work will be needed:
Cat Angle Blade and Dozer Blade Attachment Overview
- working material;
- angle grinder with discs;
- An electric drill with drill bits;
- bolts with nuts;
- Welding machine with electrodes;
- round or shaped pipe.
If you have some skills, the work does not cause difficulties. And the resulting design can be used not only in winter but also in summer. To level the site after construction work, level the place for a children’s sandbox, and more. Which construction to choose. you decide.
The blade from a gas cylinder. the order of self-made
The method of making snowplow from a barrel is known for a long time. It allows you to make an effective and shock-resistant snowplow, able to cope not only with freshly fallen snow, but also with snowdrifts up to 1 m high.
To assemble a rotary snowblower for a power tiller, you need to prepare materials and equipment in advance.
- an old iron barrel, about 200 liters in volume;
- steel strip, size 85 x 10 cm and a thickness of at least 3 mm;
- Drills for working with metal;
- Pliers and wrenches;
- a piece of thick steel plate;
- an electric drill and a welding machine;
- a piece of thick rubber.
You will also need a detailed diagram for the work. It should indicate the dimensions of the parts to be used and the sequence of their installation into the overall structure.
The further order of assembly is as follows:
- Using an angle grinder, the top cover and bottom must be cut off from the barrel used. The resulting cylinder should be cut into 3 equal longitudinal parts;
- Two of the three pieces should be welded together along the existing contour. The remaining piece will need to cut the angle grinder into equal strips. later they will be used as reinforcing ribs. Two of these strips should be welded to the sides of the shovel to be made, and all the rest should be evenly distributed along its entire length;
- Next, in the lower part of the blade you need to install a blade for clearing snow. It can be made from a steel strip with dimensions of 8510 cm. Drill 3 holes in the blade. The diameter of each of them should be about 6 mm, and the distance between them should be about 20 cm. To the working edge of the blade should be attached by means of suitable bolts;
- The next step is to assemble a mount for the blade. This requires a piece of pipe to be welded to the central part of the finished blade;
- Then it is necessary to make the holder, which must have an L-shape. The short part of this element is mounted in a pivoting semicircle. The second side of the holder must be installed on the engine frame of the motoblock;
- The height of the self-made mouldboard can always be adjusted by means of the two bolts used, which are screwed into the recess provided in the square tube. The tube itself should be welded to the coupling mechanism of the power tiller and put it on the L-shaped holder used. Making a snowplow from an iron barrel will clearly demonstrate the video.
With self-made snow removal from the barrel snow cleaning will be much easier and faster. Homemade device can easily cope with the clearing of icy snow and drifts of wet frozen masses.
To buy a suitable version of a country machine. a simple task, because there are many to choose from. The most in demand are brands of domestic production, as with them there are no problems in terms of finding spare parts and service. Among the brands it is worth highlighting the most popular: Caiman, Mobil K, Patriot, Champion, Neva.
If you own equipment from one of these manufacturers. Congratulations: if you want it will not be difficult to find a quality and reliable snow removal equipment for your power tiller.
The principle of operation of the device
The snowplow cuts into the snow thickness and clears the road without much effort. It can process 12 cubic meters of snow in one minute. The speed of the mass is 70 km / h. At this speed, the snow ejected from the disposal pipe lays very far from the cleared road.
Getting down to work, the novice inventor needs to solve a few organizational issues:
It is not difficult to decide on the engine. The main thing is to clearly understand for what purposes will be used a single-axis snow plow tractor. If the scale of his work is limited to the yard, clearing the paths from the house to the garage, it is quite suitable electric motor
But if you plan to use the snowplow in all parts of the community, then you need to choose a gasoline engine.
To choose a snowplow, you need to know what types there are and for what they are used:
- Snowmobile bulldozer. Powered by the front blade. Convenient in removing stale and slushy snow.
- Snowmobile blower. Throws the snow mass away by blades (with their help snow rises and falls into an inclined pipe, from which it flies out and is spread far from the cleaned area).
- Auger snowmobile.The auger catches the snow and falls into the hole in the pipe where it is thrown.
- Snowmobile vacuum cleaner or air-blower. Works on the principle of sucking up caked snow and quickly ejecting it from the sweeper on the opposite side.
It’s best to use an auger attachment. The rotor mechanism handles light snow as well as well-compacted surfaces.
Watch this video about homemade mini-tractors. This is a versatile tool with great functionality.
Minitractors can also be used for snow removal. Read about it in this article.
If it is difficult for you to make your own mini-tractor, then read about Belarus-made mini-tractors.
Basic rules and criteria for making
An important point that should not be neglected when making a drawing of a homemade snowmobile is the ratio of the amount of work to the power of the machine. Overloading will wear out parts and mechanisms quickly, leading to breakdowns and inoperability of the machine.
Making a blade for a power tiller must be withstanding certain conditions:
- Durable material. For normal service for at least a few years, the blade must have a strong base. Any part of the shovel must be made to withstand loads and strong impacts.
- Dimensioning. Homemade blade must not be very wide or high. A width of 80 to 130 cm and a height of 30 to 50 cm are considered optimal.
- Lifting mechanism. When developing a drawing, a lifting device in the form of hydraulics or levers can be added to the design. This feature will allow transporting snow or using the machine as a loader.
- Pivoting Hinge. With such a device you can change the angle and slope of the shovel left and right, up and down. Thanks to this, the cleaning of snow or garbage will be of higher quality and with the needs of a person. A rotary plough-type design can be made to turn up and down.
- Rubber. Be sure to install a cushioning strip of thick rubber on the bottom of the mouldboard. The single-axle tractor is then less affected by impacts and the bucket is less likely to deform and fail. Also protects the road surface.
- Quick mounting and dismounting. Since a single-axle tractor is a multi-purpose machine, it should be equipped as quickly as possible without using any special tools.
The mouldboard can be fitted on the front bracket, under the chassis or on the rear of the tractor unit. For mounting in the rear, you can use the attachment of the plow to the power harvester, which will greatly facilitate and speed up the work, but the most suitable is considered to be placed in the front of the machine. Maximum quality of cleaning is assured with this installation.
Read also: How to make a molding of plaster with your own hands
The finished product can be created and oriented horizontally or vertically. The vertical variant is chosen when the space is cramped.