How to make a rotary plow for a power tiller
Improving the plough for power tiller with your own hands
single axle tractor. a worthy substitute for minitractors in small farms and homesteads. Equipped with a diesel or gasoline engine, depending on capacity, it can process an impressive area in one work shift, plowing which by hand would take many times more time.
Self-made assembly of the power unit (power tiller) is not reasonable because of the high cost and complexity of the process. But its main working body. the plough. is easy to make and assemble with your own hands, as we will see in this article.
Classification by the presence of the blade and the principle of installation
There are a number of other factors by which to classify equipment for a power tiller.
Depending on the presence of the mouldboard, machines are divided into mouldboard and non-shouldered. The most popular among dacha owners are plows of the first type.
When deciding which model is right for you, it’s important to consider the adjustability of your power tiller. Often when cultivating the land you need to change the level of the depth of cutting or the angle of its slope. Making changes in most cases will help improve the efficiency of plowing.
Electric plow is considered effective, and, at the same time, it is enough economical equipment for work on small areas, and has more traction compared to motor-blocks.
Advantages of homemade plows
Plough with skimmer for power tiller can be aggregated with the device of required power, providing full structural and technical compatibility.
- accuracy of calculations with the determination of the optimum angle of inclination;
- An obvious economic advantage, because making a unit with your own hands is cheaper than buying the factory model;
- Assured quality of materials and workmanship.
Productivity in the field with the disc plough. It copes well with the processing of heavy soils with a large concentration of weeds.
The parts drawing for the power tiller
You can draw up the layout of the functional and structural elements and the detailed drawing of the plough yourself. Maximum precision to avoid difficulties in assembly and the negative effects of faults on the performance of the finished machine. It is necessary to strictly adhere to the dimensional parameters of the parts. Even a slight inaccuracy can have a big impact on the machine’s performance. Three structural surfaces are included in the dimensional drawings of the attachment for the power tiller:
A typical scheme of the simplest homemade plow is made up of:
- Two handles made of steel pipe.
- A stand latch with an M10 or M8 screw.
- The attachment fork for the frame pivot.
- Crossbar between handles.
- Swivel shaft.
- A lock nut.
- Adjustment washer.
- Handle for drawbar.
- Tail piece.
Depending on the type and purpose of the equipment, this list may include other elements.
The next most important component of a trailed plow is the drawbar hitch. The semi-mounted plough is much less sensitive in this respect.к. hydraulic elevator allows for rapid ploughing depth adjustment. But the trailed plough must hitch to the tractor unit like a piece of cake.к., If the plough body goes in waves, the soil will be heavily disturbed for all of the factors mentioned at the beginning.
A diagram of a rigid coupling of a plough to a power tiller/mini tractor is shown on the left in Fig. on the right there are design variants for ploughing depth adjustment device; it must be as stiff and reliable as a hitch.
The complete hitch construction is shown on the left side of the picture. Fig. see in detail in the same place on the right. All flat parts of steel from 6 mm thick (housing strut from 12 mm thick). Round bars from 12 mm; tilt adjuster screw and crank from 16 mm.
Homemade single-hulled plow
The simplest but at the same time the most effective plough is the single-tine plough.
Such a design is suitable for making it with your own hands at home. No special tools and appliances, no special skills are needed for its manufacture, the tools, which are available in the handyman’s workshop, will suffice.
The experience of many owners, who use ploughshares in their field work, shows that ploughshares need to be periodically removed for sharpening before starting work. When choosing the materials for the ploughshare we recommend to use 9ÕÑ alloyed steel, which is used for making circular saws.
Steel 45 can be used, but it will need to be hardened to HRC 50-55. It is not excluded the use of conventional steels, including St.5, which are not hardened, but can be brought to the right quality by hammering away the edge and sharpening it.
mouldboard can be made by different methods, consider some of them, so you can choose the most convenient and affordable in terms of materials and costs.
- Blade is made of 3,0-4,0 mm thick steel plate. Bending rollers are needed for making the mouldboard into a curved shape. The workpiece is cut out using the template, then it is passed through the rollers and brought to the required shape by means of a hammer.
- It is possible to make the mouldboard using steel tube of diameter 0,55-0,6 m and wall thickness of 4,0-5,0 mm. Prepare in advance a cardboard template, put it on the tube so that the angle formed by the bottom face and the horizontal pipe is 20-30 °. The contour is outlined, cut out with a gas torch, after that it is machined with an emery or an angle grinder. If necessary, you can correct the shape with a hammer.
- In the manufacture of the mouldboard, you can use a steel sheet, but the shape can be given after preheating the workpiece, bending it along the matrix, for example, taking the mouldboard of a purchased plow.
You may need information about the potato mower to the tiller or self-made potato digger.
Block: 4/7 | Number of characters: 2053
Rotary plow: algorithm of actions
The rotary plow for a power tiller with a support wheel is considered a complex type of plow because of its design. Work on it with special care, so that mistakes do not negatively affect the quality of tillage.
Rotary plow is made according to a certain algorithm:
- Cutter is a working part. To manufacture it is necessary to prepare a steel tube and metal plates. The latter is welded to the tube for subsequent grinding of the soil and throwing it aside;
- Making the frame for the gearbox. It comes in any shape, the main nuance. the frame must protect the gearbox from moisture, debris, external damage;
- Gear must be purchased. It is connected to the unit’s gearbox;
- The rotary plough has quite large dimensions, so the wheels need to be installed. Old motorcycle wheels will do just fine.
It is built to last for a long time. Change oil in the gearbox at the right time to prevent damage.
Mounting the plough to a single axle tractor: Step-by-step steps
Before you can hitch a plow to a motorized tractor and start setting it up, the pulling unit itself must go through a number of preparatory procedures. They come down to:
- Transporting the power tiller to where it will be used;
- Removing the wheelset, which is replaced with a cleat. Otherwise the machine will start to slip and could get stuck.
After these requirements have been met, you can start mounting the plow.
- fasten the plow to the hitch of the power tiller with nuts, which will allow you to set its operating parameters independently in the future;
- prepare two fastening pins with which to attach the coupler and plough to the clevis.
This concludes the task of mounting the plough, and you can proceed to the next.
How to adjust the plow on heavy power tillers
To use a homemade attachment on a heavy machine, you need to do the standard preparation of the power tiller described above. The difficulty is that incorrect adjustment will not only take a lot of effort, but also will not achieve a satisfactory quality of plowing. Use the adjustment bolts to tilt the plow body so that the angle between its heel and the ground surface is 16°. Control knobs are raised up to waist level of the operator. If the distance between the ridges of two adjacent furrows does not exceed 10 cm, the plow is adjusted correctly.
Depending on the size of the plot and the type of soil on it, you need to select a single-axle tractor. Its design and technical characteristics determine the appropriate type of mounted implement. A small garden plot with soft soil is best handled with a simple plow-mounted cutter. Adjustment of the attachment becomes especially important when plowing hard soil with clay and stony inclusions, as well as a large field.
For such conditions it is recommended to equip the plough with special “goosefoot” type attachments made of high-strength carbon steel. The main constructive feature of such devices is the triangular shape of the cutting surface, which provides crumbling and grinding of hard deposits. They easily wind up on their blades and weeds. The quality of tillage with a handmade plow is not inferior to brand-name models.Preparing the power tiller for ploughing photo 1
can be carried out only with the use of trailing shoes, because the load on a single-axle tractor when plowing increases manifold, and the use of trailing shoes greatly facilitates this process. The first thing you do is to remove the transport wheels and hubs, on which the transport wheels of the power tiller are mounted. Buy a power tillers mtz on the site pro-motobloki.ru.
After you remove the transport wheels and hubs, you install other hubs on the drive axle of the power tiller, which are supplied with the power tiller and are designed to install the gears on them. Hubs for mounting boot tops are longer to increase track width of the power tiller and make it more stable when plowing.
Hubs are connected to the drive shaft with cotter pins and cotter pins are fixed, then the earthing hooks are installed on the hubs.