How to make an angle grinder out of a chainsaw
Folk craftsmen have long been famous for their golden hands and ingenious ideas, which subsequently could turn into life not only themselves, but many other craftsmen. An example of such a conversion can be an angle grinder from a chainsaw.
Angle grinder can be useful in any household, because periodically requires grinding and cutting. But if you do not have it, and there is a gasoline-powered saw, you can create a homemade angle grinder, which will work just as well as a manufactured grinder.
- Independence in operation and from the electric network.
- High productivity compared to electric counterparts.
- Significant savings compared to the purchase of a new machine.
- No difficulty in carrying out the alteration work.
What is a sabre saw and what is it for?
The first part of the question is a bit easier to answer than the second. But let’s try. Electric saber saw is a versatile tool, similar in appearance to a drill and electric jigsaw. In its characteristics, it is something between an electric chainsaw and an electric jigsaw. The construction consists of the body and the cutting blade. The “heart” of this mechanism, the electric motor, as well as all the main units, is located in the housing. We will consider in more detail the knots and their influence on comfort of work below.
So, what is it for?? Let’s notice at once that it is universal, that is, it cuts practically any material. we can say, although with reservations, that this tool has absorbed the qualities of 7 other tools, and in some cases can easily replace them. These tools are as follows:
- – lopper;
- – handheld hacksaw for wood;
- – circular saw;
- – electric jigsaw, especially in cases where the kerf size is more than 100 mm;
- – electric chainsaw (in some cases, depending on the scope and nature of the work);
- – hand saw on metal
- – angle grinder or “angle grinder” (also with reservations).
As you can see, the scope is wide, from gardening to professional construction. It should be noted that the fashion for this tool came from the west, and the “local” consumer has one thing in common: any work should be performed by a specialized tool. There is some truth in it, and not a little, as in the end it turns out both faster and safer. In our mentality the approach is somewhat different, and there is some truth in it, too: we are not so rich that we would buy a special tool for one-time work. We are likely to go another way, and “razilirovshis” available to us the tool, and often spoiling it by SIM action, yet we will achieve the task. Perhaps that’s why there is no clear consensus on the need for this tool.
Read also: Circular saw railings by hand video
Amazing Handmade Tool With Grinder Make Chainsaw 22 inch
Are there any cases where the sabre saw would be a great help?? Yes, there are situations like this:
- Garden work on pruning trees, yes you can use the old method using a hand saw, but if there is an opportunity to facilitate your work using a sabre saw, why not? But there is a problem, financially, if you don’t have one, then this tool will certainly make your life easier.
- When dismantling ramshackle wooden structures. The chainsaw will be faster, but If there are metal objects, for example screws or nails, the chainsaw will not be very useful. However, a saber saw with the appropriate blade is easy and absolutely safe.
- Cutting pipes, rebar in places where other tools can’t reach. Let’s put the necessary blade and the problem is solved.
These are just some of the uses of sabre saws. But perhaps one of the most important advantages is its safety. When cutting metal, there are no sparks, like with the angle grinder, which means the possibility of fire is less. When pruning trees in difficult places and in uncomfortable positions, it is unlikely that it will be safe to use a chain saw, and you will have to work hard with a hand saw. but with a saber: quickly, conveniently and without much effort on our part.
These are the advantages of this tool. There are also disadvantages, for example, despite its versatility, the same angle grinder to cope with metal will be faster, and the cut will be more accurate. That is, the main disadvantage, in fact, is the very specialization of the tool. where others cannot work, a sabre electric sabre saw will cope with “hurrah”. But such cases in usual household practice are not so many.
Correct installation of the angle grinder on the chain saw
The range of these auxiliary devices is wide enough and is available for most modern chainsaws.
It consists of a drive drum (pulley), which is connected through a belt transmission to the motor and rotates directly from it, a safety guard and fasteners.
The process of converting the saw into an angle grinder with a complete auxiliary device is as follows
- study the instructions for its proper installation;
- remove the chain saw guide and also release the clutch;
- to aggregate the pulley on the drive shaft of the saw sprocket;
- Connect the belt drive with the saw blade, which will help change the torque of the new device (otherwise you need a gearbox);
- take the studs that came with the “angle grinder” attachment, or use those fasteners that were removed along with the saw bar, and use them to secure the adapter.
As you can see, a number of simple steps and the chain saw’s “angle grinder” quickly adapts to a motorized tool, which almost everyone has.
Instructions for installing this adapter
Thus, it is very important when buying to pay attention to the serviceability and reliability of the groove for fixing. After all, it will depend on it, whether it will be possible to integrate an additional device to the main one. a gasoline-powered hacksaw, or not.
How to make an angle grinder of a chainsaw at home?
A chainsaw itself is a fairly functional device, which can find a place in any household. But even in this case, there is no certain limit to perfection and the multitasking provided by the manufacturer. Therefore, in recent years, a huge popularity in our market have acquired various attachments, the use of which can achieve a completely different effect. One such device is an attachment to a chainsaw angle grinder, which allows you to turn one tool into another, spending a minimum of money and time on it. Let’s get into the details.
Correct installation of the attachment “angle grinder” on a chainsaw
The range of these accessories is wide enough and is available for most modern chainsaws.
It consists of the drive drum (pulley) which is connected to the motor through a belt drive and rotates directly on it, the safety guard and the fasteners.
The process of converting the saw into an angle grinder with a ready-made auxiliary device looks like this:
Make A Homemade Chainsaw | Angle Grinder Hack | Diamleon DIY Builds
- study the manual for its correct installation;
- Remove the chainsaw guide and also release the clutch;
- a pulley on the drive shaft of the saw sprocket;
- connect a belt drive with a saw blade, which will help change the torque of the new device (otherwise you need a reducer;)
- Take the studs that came with the “angle grinder” nozzle, or use those fasteners that were removed with the saw bar, and fix them to the adapter.
As we can see, a number of uncomplicated actions. and the chain saw’s “angle grinder” quickly adapts to a motorized tool that almost everyone has.
Before you make an angle grinder out of a chainsaw, you need to prepare the necessary accessories for work.
To assemble the self-made machine, the maker will need:
Engine from a chainsaw. it is important that the engine has a power reserve that will be enough for cutting hard metal products. It is best to use a motor with a capacity of more than 4 liters
Amazing GADGET For ANGLE GRINDER !?
с.Operating mechanism. any old household angle grinder unit will do. It must be completely serviceable, otherwise it will not hold the load of the engine; 4 guide bars, length 40 to 50 cm; belt; 2 drums.
The work algorithm is as follows:
- First, the belt to be used must be set parallel to the regular bar of the chainsaw;
- After that, it will be necessary to install a pulley on the utility saw. The element can be attached to the original drive sprocket of the garden tool;
- Then from the working mechanism from the old angle grinder you need to dismantle the gear built into it and carefully hone it;
- After that, you will need to assemble the pulley. Mount it to the general construction of the homemade angle grinder should be by welding;
- The 2 guide bars left over from the manufacturer need to be shortened. As a result, they should fit snugly into the seats and not interfere with the belt during its movement. It is best to sharpen one of the tires used under the installation of the working mechanism from the old angle grinder;
- Next, all the remaining parts of the structure will need to be welded together. After that, the manufacturer will remain to buy a circle for cutting and start operating the angle grinder.
When using a homemade device it is necessary to constantly monitor the state of the air filter from the chainsaw. It must be kept clean, otherwise the homemade device will quickly fail.
Makeshift angle grinder out of a chainsaw
Dear visitors to the site Samodelkin friend, today we will consider with you step by step photos of assembling a homemade angle grinder cut-off saw for metal from a hand-held gasoline saw. When working with metal often have to use circular saws and angle grinders in common people nicknamed angle grinder Most of this tool is powered by the mains, but if you need to cut metal in areas where there is no access to the outlet, what is there to do? There is certainly a way out.is a chainsaw, but are not always happy, then you need to make it yourself from an ordinary chainsaw and a small set of materials which you will see below.
Creation of homemade angle grinder.it is economical and saves the family budget, and the design of chain saw is not made cardinal changes, and assembled only a certain attachment installed in place of the bar.
- cutting disc for metal of large diameter
- Sheet metal 3-4 mm thick
- aluminum sheet
- self-tapping screws, washers, nuts, bolts
- welding inverter
- wrench set
- electric jigsaw and Grinder for making wooden pulleys
- screwdriver or electric screwdriver
Step-by-step photos of assembling a homemade angle grinder from a chainsaw.
Immediately worth considering: all experiments with the angle grinder should be carried out only thoroughly versed in this technique people. Otherwise, the consequences could be unpredictable (and hardly pleasant for the “inventors”). To use a grinder for sawing, you will definitely need a special handle, a safety device and a special kind of disc. A typical chain saw attachment on an angle grinder includes:
- a bar that attaches to the tool;
- the sprocket, which is put on the shaft;
- a set of fasteners and tools to work with them;
- insulating user shield.
Immediately worth considering: all experiments with the angle grinder should conduct only thoroughly versed in this technique people. Otherwise, the consequences could be unpredictable (and hardly pleasant for the “inventors”). To use the grinder for sawing, you will need a special handle, safety device and a special kind of disc. A typical chain saw attachment on an angle grinder includes:
- The guide bar that attaches to the tool;
- The sprocket that slips onto the shaft;
- a set of fasteners and tools for working with them;
- a user insulating shield.