How to pick a battery bank for an electric electric screwdriver
The cans (Elements) for the electric electric screwdriver
Universal tool an electric electric screwdriver, allowing your own hands to perform a number of complex tasks with minimal effort and time consuming, today will find a use for almost every home. The only disadvantage of this device is limited battery life. It is not about fast discharging. The battery banks of an electric electric screwdriver simply become completely unusable after a certain period of time. Some users are in a hurry to buy a new tool, but you can simply replace the failed part with a new one, and thus save a pretty penny. Banks for a battery electric electric screwdriver to buy in Kiev or any other city cheap offers online store Toolparts. Goods are presented in the catalog at an attractive price and in a wide range, choose your products and place your order directly on our website.
How to quickly discharge the battery of an electric electric screwdriver
How to properly store batteries if one is in the screwdriver and the spare is separate?
How often should the voltage be measured??
It is important to take into account which batteries are installed on the screwdriver (I mean by type) and whether it is a new tool or an old one that is being charged.
If your screwdriver has nickel-cadmium batteries (battery), then yes, they have that “memory effect”.
In order to bring the capacity level of such batteries to a proper level, they must be fully charged and fully discharged at least three times, thus removing the “memory effect” and the battery will last a long time.
And another thing is lithium-ion batteries, they do not need a “pumping” and do not have a “memory effect”.
Such batteries are charged right after buying the tool and that’s it.
They do not like deep discharges, so it is necessary to recharge them periodically, even if you don’t use the screwdriver for a long time.
When charging any battery, you need to keep the temperature within the range of 10 to 40 degrees Celsius.
it is important to read the manual of your particular model of screwdriver there is information on how to charge it correctly.ш
Currently the nickel-cadmium batteries are the most popular among manufacturers of power tools.
Ni-Cd batteries have light weight, insignificant dimensions, relatively low cost, but all this has one major disadvantage, the so-called memory effect.
Now take two minutes to stop reading and watch this video to better understand what the memory effect is and how it occurs.
How to Repair a weak Drill / Screwdriver / Battery runs out quickly
That is, we ourselves are guilty in appearance of this effect, incorrectly serving a battery. we put it on a charge without fully discharging, but even we worsen the situation, not allowing it to be charged fully, we stop charging. Here the battery remembers these values and works within these values.
Hence the conclusion: you need to follow the operating mode of the battery. to bring the battery to its maximum capacity, and only then charge it with the recommended manufacturer’s parameters.
It is possible to cure a battery that has suffered from a memory effect.
For this purpose there are special chargers which, after connecting the battery, first connect it to the load, dissipating the remaining charge, and then the charging unit is switched on.
You can also cure the battery on your own. In this case, you need to connect a 12-volt light bulb of 5 watts to the battery terminals and wait until it goes out. After that the battery should be fully charged.
To carry out such cycles is not necessary not two or three, probably have to do a dozen times to perform this procedure and, although a full restoration of the original capacity is unlikely to get, but the battery will work better. this is a fact!
Usually, when buying an electric electric screwdriver, we tend to choose one that comes with two batteries and, naturally, the question arises as to how to store a temporarily non-operational battery?
A battery left idle for a short period of time (a week or two) can be stored at room temperature fully charged, but not in an electric electric screwdriver.
If the work interval is to be long (about a month), it must be discharged, but not completely, otherwise irreversible processes will occur in it. It is enough to work with the electric electric screwdriver up to the stage when the RPM will be reduced at full load and then send it to the rest. A preserved battery should be given a full discharge-full charge cycle before use.
If the battery is stored without work for more than a month, it is necessary to carry out the above mentioned cycles monthly.
Information site about energy storage
There are cases when the battery of a phone, electric screwdriver or other gadget needs to be urgently and completely discharged. You can use a capacitive phone program, screw a lot of screws into the board, getting to the point where the screen goes out or the tool fails. Is it always necessary to fully discharge a new smartphone battery, and for what purpose? How to properly and quickly discharge any battery, using special programs, devices, tools?
How to eliminate the “memory effect
At times, the battery needs to be restored, which is associated with the erasure of the memory effect. And recognize this “disease” is quite simple: after a full charge. the battery discharges very quickly, and can function again after a short time exposure. You can partially eliminate the “memory effect” as follows:
At the beginning the battery is fully charged (if possible) with a small current, then the battery should be fully discharged, applying a small load and thus providing a slow (soft) discharge, which will not only draw the outer layer, and all the plates as a whole. As a load in this case it is advisable to use an ordinary lamp with a voltage of 220V and a power of 60W and discharge up to 30% of the rated capacity (about 5V).
Before using a cordless electric screwdriver, the above procedure should be repeated at least 5 times. And although the capacity of such “reanimated” battery will be somewhat lower than the new battery, still, as a temporary measure, this technique is quite successful (can extend operation for at least a year).
How to choose the battery for an electric electric screwdriver
Twist fasteners using a cordless electric electric screwdriver. easy and enjoyable. And if the mains tool is tied to the socket, the cordless electric screwdriver provides complete freedom of action. It is convenient, mobile, there are no cables to follow it, there is no need for electric network.
Cordless screwdrivers in the home are used for assembly and repair of furniture, installation of drywall structures. Practical and popular tool. You can use it to tighten screws anywhere, anytime. The main thing. To keep the battery charged.
And meanwhile, this element. rechargeable battery. and is a very vulnerable point of the device. In any battery-powered appliance, the battery. is a very important component, because it is responsible for powering the engine of the tool. And an electric screwdriver is no exception. Its battery power, how long it can work without recharging, how fast it can tighten or unscrew screws, and what you can use it for.
That’s why the choice of batteries for an electric electric screwdriver. is not an easy and multi-faceted task. It is necessary to learn what kinds of batteries exist, which of them will be more suitable for the intended work conditions, with which you will perform your tasks better and faster. About all this I will tell in this article and advise you how to choose a battery for electric electric screwdriver to get a functional and reliable tool.
The most common cause of failure is the breakage of only one cell. They are connected in series, which means that even a capacity drop in one battery will result in a complete failure of the entire battery. In this case, we will need:
- Screwdriver. Cross-head screws are usually used to connect the case. Some models have “foolproof” protection and may have a spandrel system, triangles or even spanners.
- Multimeter. Any model is sufficient, even the cheapest DT-830. Since measurements are in millivolts, Soviet-made voltmeters are not an option.
- Battery can be disconnected from the screwdriver. It must be fully charged.
- The housing is disassembled.
- Now you need to remove all the cans. In Ni-Cd there are more, because the nominal voltage of one section is less.
- On each bank, the voltage is measured. For Ni-cadmium, the nominal voltage is 1.2 volts. Lithium ones have a normal voltage in the range of 3.6-3.8 volts.
- After measuring, you need to see on which banks the voltage is reduced. For example, if on two lithium batteries voltage is 3,8, and on one 3,5. so it is defective.
- The battery is assembled and installed in the tool. Now it needs to be planted to zero.
- The battery is disassembled and the voltage is measured again. If the voltage at the intended cell is significantly lower than at the rest. then it is to be replaced or repaired.
How to choose a battery 18650 for vape: mechmod and board
When choosing a battery 18650 for vape, you should understand that modern technology does not yet allow to make acb with all the maximum characteristics on:
That’s why we recommend to pay attention to the characteristic which is the most important for you and your device. For e-cigarettes, what matters is the current output, which ensures the operation of a particular vape device at maximum power, as well as the safety of use. We recommend to choose the lithium-manganese IMR or LiFePO4 for your E-cigarette battery 18650. They give out high current and are the safest to use.
When choosing a 18650 battery for the electronic cigarette, first of all you should decide on the type of the device:
- Mechanical mod (mehmod).
- Electronic board.
- No discharge control electronics in mechmods. So, it is easy to exceed the maximum allowable current for a given 18650 battery, which can lead to battery overheating. So for mehmod it is worth choosing batteries with a current output of 20 amps or more, and preferably with built-in protection. However, lithium manganese and lithium iron phosphate batteries without protection can also be used in mechanics.
- For the electronic board can choose all batteries for mehmod, as well as higher-capacity acb, but with a smaller current to 10 Amps. But 15 is better. 18 Amp. There is no need for a protection circuit board in the battery, since the charging and discharging processes are controlled by the electronics.
Features of Choice
In order to choose the right working tool, there are a number of things to consider.
- Determining a clear purpose for the tool you have purchased. For frequent use and serious amounts of work, preference should be given to professional models from the proposed range of the brand. Such a device is designed for heavy workloads and long periods of uninterrupted work. In addition, such tools will be more powerful. For household needs, you can buy a less powerful unit, which will also be many times cheaper.
- The convenience and ergonomics of the product. Before buying the model you like, it is necessary to test take it in your hands, to feel how convenient it will be in the work. An electric screwdriver is an individual choice.
- Study the available characteristics of the model you like. This applies to performance, warranty conditions. The tool should work properly at low speed, so the presence of a gearbox is of fundamental importance. A good electric electric screwdriver of the latest generation should have electronic speed control, as well as reliable double insulation.
- Battery. The greater its power, the heavier will be the unit itself, as well as its dimensions. Optimal power is considered a value in the range of 12-14 volts.
- As for the torque, this parameter is selected on the basis of the intended use of the device. For domestic needs can be limited to 10-15 Nm, as for the performance in a large volume, in this case, models with values in the range 90 130 Nm are chosen.
How to choose an electric electric screwdriver for work
So, let’s start with what criteria to choose an electric electric electric screwdriver. First of all, every craftsman wants to have a tool that he can work comfortably with. As for screwdrivers, one of the most important criteria that affect comfortable work is the weight of the tool. Since there is much less fatigue in your hand with a light electric electric screwdriver, accordingly, it allows you to do much more work.
How to choose a good electric electric screwdriver and what parameters to pay attention to:
- torque. Remember a very important thing, the higher the torque of an electric electric screwdriver, the harder the work it will be able to do.
- battery power. Power tools with a powerful battery are much more durable and last longer.
- additional functions. Equally important qualities of the screwdriver is the presence of additional features that your screwdriver will give out other roles. Among the additional features can often be: impact function, reverse, quick-release chuck, backlighting and others.
- dimensions and ergonomics of the tool. Before you choose an electric electric screwdriver, you need to hold the tool in your hands and try on its size and weight for your hand.
- equipment. It is very good, when your set includes a second battery, charger, bag or case to store and carry it.
Which electric electric screwdriver is better: 12 V, 18 V or 24 V?
The range of cordless screwdrivers is now so large that in any price category you can find a tool with good technical characteristics. But comparing the parameters of different models in the catalog, you unwillingly think about which screwdriver is better, and why they are equipped with batteries of different voltages. We decided to figure out how cordless tool batteries are built, and what the difference between them is.
Battery design of cordless tools
All battery packs that are used to power hand-held power tools are designed about the same. Inside the unit there are several standard cells. the so-called “cans”. For example, in the lithium-ion batteries, the cells used are “banks” of standard 18650 with a rated voltage of 3.6 volts and a high current output, while the nickel-cadmium ones have cells with a voltage of 1 V or 50 V.2 В.
By changing the number of cells and the way they are connected to each other (in series or parallel), you can get batteries with different characteristics. They will differ in operating voltage (in practice, blocks of voltage from 10.8 V to 24 V) and capacity (hand-held power tool batteries have a capacity of 1 Ah to 12 Ah). Some manufacturers (like DeWALT) even make convertible battery systems in which the order in which the “cells” are connected across the terminals automatically changes depending on whether the battery is connected to an 18 V or a 54 V tool.
The relationship between voltage and power of an electric electric electric screwdriver: is there or not?
We know from electrical engineering that the power of an electric motor is directly proportional to the voltage that is applied to the windings. From this we can conclude that the more volts in the battery. the more powerful an electric electric screwdriver. Is this true?? There’s a chasm between naked theory and practice. In fact, the power of a cordless tool is also affected:
- discharge current. cheap high-current “banks” give up to 15 A, and the current output of the cells that make up the batteries of high-quality screwdrivers, reaches 25. 30 amps, necessary to screw a screwdriver to the stop or rip a stuck nut;
- gearbox design. the ratio of the gearbox mechanism and the strength of the gears that are inside it determine whether the tool will be able to develop high torque and cope with tasks that require considerable effort;
- Motor quality. good motors that can withstand high currents and loads without damage are much more expensive than the simple electric motors from cheap screwdrivers;
- the electronics settings. the control electronics board, which regulates the current output, protects the motor from overloads and prevents excessive heating of the battery cells, imposes restrictions on the capabilities of the tool.
Taking into account the above mentioned, it is easy to conclude that the voltage of the battery pack is not the only factor influencing the power output of an electric tool. Therefore it often happens that a “brand-name” 12-volt electric screwdriver turns out to be much more powerful and useful in work than a cheap 18-volt “Chinaman” in practice.
|Makita DF330DWE electric electric screwdriver and its Chinese clone are identical in voltage and design, but differ significantly in price and characteristics.|
Screwdriver classes by battery voltage
After a little excursion into the construction of batteries and basics of electrical engineering, it is time to take a closer look at cordless screwdrivers. They are equipped with batteries with voltage:
- 10.8 V (12 V). the tool of this class is characterized by compact size and low weight due to small batteries. It is used mainly for assembly and assembly work;
- 14.4 V. it is an intermediate class, which occupies a place between the compact tools and the high-performance models. Such screwdrivers are produced by only a few manufacturers;
- 18 V (20 V). this is the most popular segment, there is a huge choice of models with different parameters and characteristics. Screwdrivers of this class are in the greatest demand, because they are more versatile than the others;
- 24 V. not many models with battery packs of this voltage, despite the fact that the increased voltages improve the performance of the tool.
Separately, it is worth mentioning the difference in voltage measurement methods. Japanese and European manufacturers, following the rules of EPTA (European Power Tools Association), indicate the nominal voltage, and the U.S the voltage of full charge. This is why the same tool is labeled “10.8-volt” and across the ocean, “12-volt.”. The same goes for screwdrivers with 18-volt and 20-volt batteries. they are the same class of tool, just the voltage measured in different ways.
Influence of battery voltage on other characteristics of an electric electric screwdriver
All the parameters of a cordless tool are “related” to each other. The greater the voltage and capacity of the battery, the greater its weight and dimensions. For example, a battery of 10.An 8-volt electric electric screwdriver may consist of only three lithium-ion “cans” of 3.6 V each, and an 18-volt battery needs at least five (in practice, there are usually more “cans” inside the battery for the sake of increasing its capacity). In addition, higher voltage requires a more powerful electric motor and a more massive gearbox, and this also increases the weight and size of the tool. Therefore, to work in a confined space or overhead, it is worth buying an electric electric screwdriver with a battery of 10.8V, because it will be more compact and lightweight. And 18-volt models are best for people who have enough room in their work area to use larger tools.
There are other nuances to consider when choosing an electric electric screwdriver. For example, the design of the motor is important. Modern tools with brushless motors even at 10 volts.8-volt models have more power and torque than many 18-volt models with conventional collector motors, thanks to lower power consumption and less friction and heat loss.
Battery compatibility with other types of tools
Fortunately, power tool manufacturers have already taken care of this. Many build a whole “ecosystem” of different types of tools around one type of battery. That is, the same battery can fit a screwdriver, drill, grinder, jigsaw, rotary tool, and other devices. Some companies even produce powerful peorators, concrete cutters, lawn mowers, and electric bicycles that run on one, two, or three standard batteries from an electric screwdriver. Milwaukee, for example, has an 18-volt tool “ecosystem” of more than 200 models.
It is impossible to unequivocally answer the question of which electric electric screwdriver is better: 12 V, 18 V or 24 V. Each is a compromise between power, run time on a single charge, size and weight. Although 18-volt models are the most popular, it does not always make sense to overpay for them. It’s best to choose a tool based on the type of work you will be doing with it. The electric electric screwdriver is your main helper, and you work all day long? In that case, it’s worth buying a quality 18-volt model with a high-capacity battery and a spare battery. Use an electric power screwdriver as an auxiliary tool for individual operations that do not require much power? Then an inexpensive 12-volt device from some budget brand would be just right.