How to put a disc on a lawnmower
How to put a disc on the lawnmower correctly
With the advent of summer, many owners of homestead plots anxious about how to put a blade on the trimmer for grass. vital are the questions why and when the purposeful substitution of the line on a brushcutter stronger cutting element. In our article we will try to analyze this and give useful advice to gardeners.
trimmer for grass with a knife installed on the address is most convenient to use for more comfortable cutting the tallest and coarsest grass in the country. The line on the brushcutter in this variant does not match. The narrow one tears in a short time. The thicker 4.5.3 mm cord or homemade rope ropes force vegetation to wind up on the bobbin. It increases the load on the engine. This causes wear and tear on the piston group and the rest of the moving parts of the unit in a short period of time.
If you mow weeds with an electronic trimmer without a blade, you can’t solve the problem with a single line, even if it’s thick with a shaped section. there is always a risk of overheating the electric motor and damaging the flexible shaft. And the big torque of the electronic motor is important for our customer. Grass wound on the spindle makes a strong resistance to the shaft, reminiscent of a speedometer cable, which can not withstand and twist.
In order to save technology from early wear and tear domestic manufacturers have provided the ability to install special knives on trimmers for grass. The design and shape of the available cutting parts allow for trouble-free control not only with coarsened and overgrown grass, but also to successfully fight with a young bush undergrowth.
Before you take and put on a string trimmer knife find out what they are and where they are used. Now domestic manufacturers offer the consumer many kinds of these supplies. Completely all cutting tools designed for mowing grass, of course, systematize:
Blades for brushcutters and their application (blades for brushcutters)
The main material for the production of trimmer blades you like plastic or metal. The implementation of such expendable parts in almost everything depends on the 2. x characteristics:
For safety reasons, the manufacturers of the domestic not advise to put iron knives on the electronic grass trimmers. All electric and battery powered brushcutters are equipped with plastic blades. Based on the manufacturer they will be one-piece design disc shape, with several blades or in the form of a special mowing head providing for the installation of removable blades made of plastic.
A straight bar in a gasoline grass trimmer and a curved one in an electronic trimmer
To put an iron blade on the electronic grass trimmer does not allow its design features.
- The curved boom of the machine reduces the distance from its working part to the mower’s legs. For which the design is intended collision blades with a stone or other hard object grass trimmer throws to your feet.
- The high torque we mentioned above, for which the design of the iron blade collides with a rigid object, transmits a huge load to the flexible shaft of the grass trimmer and its engine. What causes their early breakage.
- Handle of an electric mower in most cases does not have a stop bar. Which does not preclude injury to the feet.
These features use only plastic blades on trimmers with electronic motors. When the blades collide with an obstacle, they break, thus protecting the mower’s legs from possible injuries.
Plastic blades are good for cutting overgrown and dry grass. They can mow nettles and burdock trunks.
the use of iron knives only on gasoline trimmers also justified by design features.
- The flat boom design increases the distance to the legs, which gives the mower complete safety.
- Comfortable U-shaped and J-shaped handles allow a firm grip. The D-shaped handles of the brushcutter are fitted with a stop that rests against the leg of the mower to prevent the cutting head from coming into contact with a hard obstacle.
- Combustion engine clutch allows smooth speed increase up to a reasonable level. And when the blade hits a hard surface, it can absorb some of the impact.
Thus, gasoline grass trimmers with an installed iron blade are best used on large areas. They successfully manage not only the highest coarse grass, weeds, burdocks and nettles, but also bushes and young trees.
The blade shape of the blade put on the grass trimmer does not affect the quality of work performed. The speed does not depend on their condition either. Triangular, trapezoidal, rectangular shapes are our customer’s pre-treatment.
If you intend to make hay, it is best to put blades with a huge number of blades on the brushcutter. Carefully examine the discs with the eight teeth, or rather discs with four large blades and four extra blades. 2-and 3-blade knives will be very crush grass.
Putting a blade on the grass trimmer is not that difficult. The manufacturer equips its tools with a special pin to lock the gearbox and a wrench that can be used to unscrew the bobbin with the fishing line. The main thing is to follow the safety precautions and dismantling sequence when changing cutting parts.
The brushcutter blade will not cut, even when sharpened. correct
The method of installation of the blade on the grass trimmer is as follows:
- Remove the protective cover;
- Locking the gear. For this purpose, you need to co-operate two holes. in the hub of the shaft and in the gear cup. Once they are aligned, insert the pin in the holes;
- Otkruchtivayut clockwise from the hub bobbin with a line or attachment nut that holds the dust cover (if the trimmer for grass has not yet been used);
- Next, install the cutting blade, so the slits on the hub washer coincided with notches in the hole cutting disc;
- Let’s install the duster;
- We tighten the attachment nut (counterclockwise) holding the locking pin;
- Tighten it using a pipe wrench;
- Return the blade guard to its destination.
How to sharpen your lawn mower blades for your lawn care business
As you can see, there are no complications. Now there is an option to safely start mowing weeds in this area.
How to mount a disk on a gasoline-trimmer correctly
Trimmer for grass. a fairly common garden tool, purchased for mowing grass. Models with a fishing line are suitable for soft grass, and if you want to fight with the rough growth and bushes, without a disc grass trimmer can not do.
Advantages of disc trimmers
When you have to mow higher grass, it is often entangled in the fishing line and grass trimmer reel, for which you have to stop work and hands to remove these balls of grass. And above all, the grass trimmer reel can break over time for this reason. But as to the cutting disc. it has no problem to cut the tallest grass.
The disk is also more effective when you need to mow dry grass, burdocks, cowgirl, bushes and brushwood. The only thing the knife is wary of is pebbles. For haymaking, the grass trimmer disc is the perfect solution.
over, the iron discs do not wear out, so they do not need to be replaced, contrary to the fishing line, which over time is subject to degradation.
Grass trimmer disc varieties
Trimmer blade for grass may be made of different materials. And to determine which disc for the trimmer grass is better. iron or plastic, you must determine that you will mow. So, the plastic disc is designed for low and light grass, while the iron disc will simply manage with very dense and the highest grass, bushes, dry grass.
Shape disc-Grass trimmer blades with 2, 3 or 4 cutting edges. Usually such accessories are included in the basic set of small and medium power tools. You can use it to tackle dense grass and small shrubs with no problem.
Installing the cutting blade
How to choose the right disc for your petrol grass trimmer. In this video we.
On powerful and professional equipment are installed saw blades, which have up to 80 teeth, and sometimes also carbide (pobeditovye) inserts on the teeth. Such pobedite disc for grass trimmer is rarely used in private households, it is mainly put on professional trimmers. It has a very long life and versatility of use for both fresh grass and dry impassable weeds.
The discs also differ in blade thickness, which can range from 1.3 to 4 mm. Thin discs cut the grass cleanly, quickly and neatly, but they dull more quickly. The thickest knives do not wear out for a long time, but are best suited for thorns and weeds.
As practice shows, the most common shape of a blade for a grass trimmer is round with teeth on the circumference. The one with 4 big teeth and a row of small teeth between them is also a popular choice. They are the most efficient way to clean your site and are easy to install on all trimmer models.
How to attach the blade to the grass trimmer and what to do about safety
Once you have decided which disc to take for your grass trimmer, you need to learn how to install it correctly. Initially, make sure that the seating hole on the disk was the right hole, otherwise the disk simply will not fit your trimmer. And even if you manage to fix it on the tool, during operation the disk can come off and seriously injure you.
If disc metal, it can only be installed on a grass trimmer with a level boom, because of the design of the machine. When mowing grass, bushes and thin trees, disc, When the line bounces on the obstacle (for example, a stone), it bounces back, that is, to your side. And when the boom is straight, the distance from the head to the legs is sufficient for your safety.
How to place the blade correctly on the trimmer for grass video
How to install the mowing head and blade on a grass trimmer ✓ Buy a trimmer head: https://goo.gl/CJ1K2G ✓ Buy a grass trimmer blade:.
Lawn trimmer, quick way to install the blade!
Uniso School, video instruction on how to choose and work correctly with modern gardening equipment. After all, it’s better to see once.
How to put the right blades on a grass trimmer (lawnmower)
We recommend watching these 3 videos How to wind the line correctly on the spool of a trimmer for grass brushcutter. https://youtu.be/fKTtV8RYrgI Preparation.
Installing the blade on the Chinese grass trimmer
Installing a blade on a Chinese motomir grass trimmer
Blades for brushcutters and their purpose (blades for brushcutters)
Check out similar ones https://goo.gl/uQGnwo ⬛ Blades for brushcuts and their purpose (blades for brushcuts) Today’s video on: blades for brushcuts and.
Installing the disk on the brushcutter
http://fajno.in.ua/g5824311-zapchasti-motokosy How to put a disk on a gasoline trimmer for grass. In the video we use a 40 tooth blade, however.
Grass trimmer line replacement. TEST. Works or not. Test of the LCD self-tool
Doing the experiment! Bloggers idea works or not!? This time testing a replacement blade for a grass trimmer. Plastic blades can be used for the brushcutter.
Huter service: How to install the spool or the blade on the trimmer for grass
We continue our series of service videos detailing how to service and take care of your own equipment.
Replaced the line on the cable in the trimmer and what happened
Replacing a fishing line with a cable in a trimmer. Does it make sense?? Working time.
Installing the filament spool and blade on the gearbox of a Shtenli Profi brushcutter
The video shows the correct installation of the blade and line spool on the SHTENLI or Profi grass trimmer / Buy a petrol lawnmower Profi or electric lawnmower.
Unkillable trimmer blade for grass / Not killed trimmer line.
In this video I will show you how to make a simple but safe and reliable trimmer blade. It replaces a fishing line as well as a heavy duty knife.
Very simple! How to change the blade in a gasoline grass trimmer.
A short video on how to quickly and easily replace the blade attachment, in a gasoline powered brushcutter. For the entire job, you’ll need a 19 wrench, a stud or screwdriver, and a couple of.
Installing the blade on the brushcutter or grass trimmer
Installing a knife on a brushcutter is easy if you do it every day. But if this is a rare activity for you, it is better to review.
Grass trimmer for grass No more need for a fishing line
STIHL lawnmower, installation of metal cutting tool knife for thick growth 250 mm
Ideas and useful tips from 220 Volt: http://ok.ru/likevolt http://vk.com/likevolt http://.com/likevolt http://.com/likevolt.
Review Assembling a Huter chain saw
The current price for Huter trimmers you can get right now at: https://goo.gl/lKRwWe Huter GGT-1300S. #benz trimmer for.
ETERNAL LINE FOR Grass Trimmer!!
ETERNAL LESSONS FOR the grass trimmer!! Instead of a fishing line and a standard head, we try string and an aluminum universal head. #grass trimmer.
Grass trimmer blade
Wanted to make a couple of utility knives out of a piece of saw blade this summer, but the topic of making one for a brushcutter came up. Both practical and.
Today we’re going to show you 4 trimmer tips that you probably didn’t know about. And if you don’t already have a lawn, go here http://lifegazon.ru.
How to Attach the STIHL Brush Knife 250 mm Cutting Blade
Heres a short clip to show you how to attach the STIHL Brush Knife 250 mm cutting blade.
WET CABLE FOR THE GROWTH TRIMMER? PUT A STEEL CORD AND WIRE
A timeless line for a grass trimmer exists? Good fishing line: http://alii.pub/5t6e7v I want to introduce you to DIY trimmers that you can make with your own hands.
How to install blade on grass trimmer, brush cutter, lawn mower: Echo, STIHL, Wortex, Husqvarna, Makita?
And other manufacturers: Lider, Patriot, DAEWOO, Hyundai, Hitachi. The STIHL brush trimmer with blade attachment is the ideal trimmer for more cutting edge applications.
Reliable blade attachment for grass trimmer and lawnmower.
This blade is great for mowing hay and more.It does not shred grass like a fishing line and is not afraid of hitting a rock.You can even use it.
Installing the steel blade on a Greenworks 40V trimmer
Installing a steel blade on a Greenworks 40V grass trimmer.
Killing grass trimmer 2/ Not killed trimmer line.
Simple but reliable blade for grass trimmer. It replaces both the fishing line and the heavy-duty blade. I will test this rotary blade and.
Cutter blade for brushcutter and grass trimmer with your own hands in 30 minutes
In this video I will tell and show how to quickly make a cut-off blade for the brushcutter or grass trimmer hood.
#44 eternal line for grass trimmer #3. No more experiments.
With this video, I end my series of experiments with the everlasting line for the grass trimmer. Here I tried to use a string in a diamond chip for a jigsaw.
This is a really timeless and unkillable, homemade nozzle for a lawnmower or grass trimmer.
This is a real eternal and not killed, homemade nozzle for trimmer. From unnecessary old junk, it is quite possible to assemble an eternal and not.
Installing the disk on the grass trimmer Greenworks
How to install the blade on Greenworks grass trimmers models: GD40BC, GD40STK4, GST1246. Buy machinery Greenworks: https://gw-tools.ru.
Grass trimmer blade! Improvement!
DOLMAR lawnmower http://www.YouTube.com/edit?o=Uvideo_id=O4vMo8hYIqw music Gunnar Olsen Trancer.
Grass trimmer disc in operation. Great result!
Tested the work of the disc trimmer for grass. Mowing the grass, the field is very thick grass that is difficult to mow. But the disc coped with its task just easily.
Review of gasoline grass trimmer Huter GGT 1900T
Buy a grass trimmer Huter GGT-1900T (gasoline trimmer): https://goo.gl/RSMu2T Benzotrimmer Huter GGT-1900T. ergonomic lawn trimmer with.
How to choose a blade for brushcutter. Review of blades and cutters.
Knife stainless steel universal https://benzozapchasti.com.ua/noj-rejuschiy-2tx305mm-nerjaveyka-s-zubyami-tip-3-dlya-motokosy Pobeditovaya cutter with.
How to change the knife on the bobbin on brushcutter (trimmer)
Detailed video guide on how to correctly replace the cutting elements on your brushcutter.
Husqvarna Changing the line to blade on your trimmer
Tool World sales and service tools https://inmircom.ru/
The best super knife for brushcutter, grass trimmer
anyone wishing to help the channel QIWI Purse 89046718953.
Electric mower Hyundai GC 1400/1000. Grass trimmer assembly according to the instructions. How to install the blade and line.
Lawn mower or electric lawn mower. Testing and mowing with Blade trimmer with knife and line in the field. Electric grass trimmer Hyundai GC 1400 / GC 1000.
What is better to cut the grass with a fishing line or a disc? Test drive, summary!
weed trimmer #benzotrimmer # lawn mower # lawn trimmer # On all trimmers ECHO 10% discount. http://www.gardenstock.ru/catalog/trimmery-i-kosy/?v=Echo.
Why you shouldn’t put a rope instead of a fishing line on a grass trimmer.
Leave a comment on exactly why you shouldn’t put a metal cord on your grass trimmer ! It’s best not to put a tether on the mower for several reasons.
Create your own short to Shivers using #SheeranShorts. Only on YouTube #Shorts.
THE NEW MORGANSTERN: marriage, existential crisis and quitting show business
DT75 on Japanese V8 vs! Making Outer Space!
GLANT Became a Zombie ! DANGEROUS EXPERIMENT
Case first launch of Lamborghini
Why some people have EVERYTHING, others have nothing? CAPITALISM. TOPLESS
Garage 54. Experiments on the edge. Big interview with Konstantin Zarutsky
LAMBOTRACK. Trophy Truck from a Limousine. Suspended by the most. wings)
Timati’s visit: apartment with unique collection of contemporary art
How to get a guy back? 2
Brutto, NILETTO Panda (Premiere clip)
Match FC Money vs 2DROTS // FC Money. Season 1. Series 10
100500 INAUDIBLE INTERVIEW, APOCALYPSE POOF, UNBROKEN LOAFERS AND FERAL MAN
Day 1 I Game Recording I Stream A I PGL Major Stockholm 2021 I PGL Major Stockholm 2021
Day 1 I Recording Games I Stream B I PGL Major Stockholm 2021
Want to have a good time watching videos? On our video portal you will find videos for every taste, funny videos, videos about animals, video broadcasts and much more
How to Properly Put a Disc on the Grass Trimmer
If the grass trimmer blade is used regularly, it should be removed from time to time and sharpened or replaced with a new one. This part can be made of metal or plastic, have a different number of blades, but the replacement process remains the same. over, this procedure is similar to the technology of different manufacturers, whether Carver or Huter, but there may be slight differences. Changing the blade on your trimmer is fairly easy if you follow the safety precautions and know the correct procedure, a description of which can be found in the owner’s manual. This material will describe the entire replacement process in stages, as well as the method of self-sharpening the blades.
When the use of blades is relevant
When using a braid on dacha plots, the most popular attachment is a fishing line. Has a low price, suitable for a variety of three-dimensional heads, safe to use. The disadvantage of using a fishing line is that it is only suitable for low-growth mowing. In other situations, the cord will immediately become clogged, regardless of whether a gasoline or electric grass trimmer model is used. In addition, the plant is wound on the spindle, which creates considerable resistance to the shaft and leads to its destruction. It can also cause the piston system of hedge trimmers to fail or the motor in electric trimmers to burn out.
Therefore, for mowing tall or hard vegetation, use different attachments. Therefore, it is better to install and use a disc for collecting tall and coarse grass, thin shoots of trees and bushes This nozzle is clogged much less often, which contributes to the durability of the equipment.
For your information! Due to the fact that the engine of electric trimmers and cordless models is less powerful than on gas mowers, the use of discs is more relevant for gas mowers.
Features of mower discs
Blade blades are made of plastic and metal, and are available in a variety of shapes to perform different tasks.
- Two-, three- and four-blade knives with distinct blades are used for mowing grass and overgrown trees. However, they are not suitable for haying because they chop up the shoots by chopping them several times.
- Massive four-legged discs are not only for clearing the ground of grass, but also for mowing hay. They prevent re-cutting of shoots, making them suitable for winter harvesting.
- Perimeter cutting blades are relevant for cut canes and reeds. These blades are very heavy. it is an essential quality for cutting thick stems.
- Professional discs, dental discs For brushcutters and mowers allow you to trim small trees and shrubs.
Plastic blades are used as an alternative to metal discs. They do not need to be installed tightly in the head, but they rotate under the action of centrifugal force. Durability of plastic knives is high, so the service life is quite long.
As a side note! The advantage of plastic discs is that when they encounter an insurmountable obstacle, they bounce off and there is no re-contact.
Procedure for installing the disc on the grass trimmer
On grass trimmers put vacuum carburetors. When disassembling, cleaning or washing it, you must be extremely careful. in no case disassemble the lower part of the carburetor, where the primer is. The air filter (you can see it if you remove the protective cover from the carburettor) should be washed with detergents. Best for washing dishes. Reinstall after drying. Flush the carburettor with clean gasoline and blow out all the holes with a pump. We also rinse the gas pipe filter, then dry and assemble everything. Usually after all the manipulation the grass trimmer begins to work.
Use a thin rope instead of a fishing line; is it worth using on a brushcutter??
Vicon CM247 disk mower
The idea occurs to almost everyone who has ever had to mow ten acres of overgrown grass. At first glance, the idea seems to be a good one. The cable is stronger than the cord, it will not wear out as much. But it’s not that easy.
What is the best line diameter??
Depending on the freshness and softness of the grass, different line (cord) diameters are required. But we can say at once that you should carefully read the technical passport of your device. If a manufacturer has specified that a line of no more than 1.2 mm is allowed, do not try to wind a 2 mm line. You will not mow for a long time. The engine overheats because of the exertion.
- 1.2 mm. 1.6 mm. slender. Used for lawn care, constant and frequent mowing. Most often recommended for electric trimmers, 0.5-0.7 kW.
- 2 mm. 2.4 mm is the most popular choice. Suitable for medium-duty tillers. most popular with home gardeners. Cuts both young and old, tough and overgrown grass.
- 3 mm. 3,2 mm suitable for heavy-duty professional petrol lawn trimmers. Thick strings can easily handle even rough weeds and dead wood.
- 4 mm. thickest. A little aluminum is added to the nylon for strength. Rarely used because engine power tends to place restrictions on this diameter. But, if engine power allows, go ahead and cut weeds.
Often manufacturers color the different diameter of the line in different colors. green, blue, orange, to make it easier for users to understand. Coil diameters range from 10 meters to 100 meters.
Which side of the disc to put on the grass trimmer
If the grass trimmer disc is used regularly, it should be removed from time to time and sharpened or replaced with a new one. This part can be made of metal or plastic, have a different number of blades, but the replacement process remains the same. over, this procedure is similar to the technology of different manufacturers, whether Carver or Huter, but there may be slight differences. Replacing the grass trimmer blade is quite simple, if you follow the precautions and know the correct procedure, which can be found in the user manual. This material will detail the entire replacement process, as well as how to sharpen the knives.
When the use of blades is relevant
When using a fringe braid, the most popular attachment is the hair growth fishing line. Has a low price, suitable for a variety of three-dimensional heads, safe to use. The disadvantage of using a hair growth mowing line is that it is only suitable for low growth mowing. In other situations, the string is immediately clogged, regardless of the gasoline or electric grass trimmer model used. In addition, the plant is wound on the spindle, which creates considerable stability on the shaft and leads to its destruction. It can also lead to failure of the piston system in shrub trimmers or motor burnout in electric trimmers.
That’s why different attachments are used for mowing high or hard vegetation. So, to pick up tall and rough grass, thin shoots of trees and shrubs, it is better to install and use a disc. This nozzle clogs much less frequently, which contributes to the wear resistance of the equipment.
Note! Since the engine of electric trimmers and cordless models is less powerful than gas mowers, the use of discs is more relevant for gas mowers.
Features of discs for brushcutters
Blade blades are available in plastic and metal, and in a variety of shapes for different applications.
- Two-, three-, and four-blade blades with pronounced blades are used for mowing grass and overgrown trees. However, they are not suitable for harvesting hay because they shred the shoots by grinding them several times.
- Massive four-legged Wheels are not only for clearing the ground of grass, but also for mowing hay. They prevent multiple shoots from being cut, making them suitable for winter harvesting.
- Perimeter cutting blades are relevant for beveled reeds and canes. Such knives are very heavy. This is a necessary quality to cut through thick stems.
- Professional disc mowers can cut small trees and shrubs.
As an alternative, metal discs use plastic knives. They do not have to be firmly fixed in the head, but they rotate due to centrifugal force. Durability of plastic blades is high, so the service life is quite long.
Note! The advantage of plastic discs is that when they encounter an insurmountable obstacle, they bounce back and there is no re-contact.
How to install the disc on the grass trimmer
Installing the blade on the grass trimmer is very simple. To do this, you use the wrench that disconnects the cutting head and the pin that locks the gearbox. The procedure is as follows.
Putting Disc Brake Kit on My Mud Mower
- First of all, you should disconnect the electric grass trimmer from the mains, gasoline trimmer. just shut off. Disconnect and set aside the blade guard.
- Next, you need to align the holes on the gearbox and the shaft, to stick a pin in them and lock the drive.
- If a bobbin with fishing line was used, it must be unscrewed in a clockwise direction.
- Then you need to find the nut in order to screw the blade.
- The next step is to install the blades. Trimmer owners often wonder which way to install the disk. This should be done so that the marking with numbers and letters was on top.
- Then you need to put a duster on top, and above it. a fixing nut, which should be tightened tightly with a wrench.
- The last step is to install the protective cover.
As you can see, the procedure is very simple and the same for many brands, whether it’s STIHL or Husqvarna equipment.
For your information! If the owner of the device wants to replace the disk back to the fishing line, you can install the spool with it in a similar way.
Cultivator attachments are good for working small plots of land. Often there are several cutting parts at once. The working width of the cutter bar can be adjusted from 130-250 mm. In order not to get debris, they have a protective shield. Usage options:
- weeding small areas;
- Digging up the vegetable garden and flowerbeds;
- loosening the soil near trees;
- hoeing carrots, potatoes, etc.д.
Turning torque from the engine unit is transmitted to the nozzle-cultivator through the shaft in a special bar. it must be bought separately. This unit differs in the number of slits on the end part of the rod. There can be 7 or 9 of them. An Oleo-Mac trimmer attachment, for example, would not work on a Husqvarna trimmer.
Slotted coupling of cutters or discs to the shaft is convenient. It allows free rotation of the cutting units. ideal for tilling. It is possible to loosen soil with a broad grip. up to 200-250 mm per pass. When choosing a nozzle, mechanical drive power limitations must be taken into account. If the device is designed for power up to 1.5k. W, then the cultivator is only suitable for the purpose of loosening up the soil or dipping beds, potato bushes.
Grass trimmer bits differ in type of cutting mechanism. The efficiency and quality of the work to be performed with the gasoline-powered machine depends on it. Cultivator attachment for grass trimmer comes in two types:
- Toothed. This type includes a straight row consisting of several curved and sharpened blades. They turn out the ground and open it up. The toothed attachment is heavy. it weighs up to 5 kg.
- Disk. These cultivator attachments are equipped with multiple discs that have attached blades. The blade tips are curved in a certain direction. They have a protective flap on top, which prevents soil from flying out during the weeding process.
There are several ways to attach the weeding attachments to the trimmer. There are three in total:
Advantages and disadvantages
Cultivator attachments to trimmers have several important advantages. about them:
- Perfect for cleaning and weeding. The tool is often used by organic agriculture advocates, who tend to believe that frequent loosening and plowing of the soil is harmful.
- Cultivator nozzle easily and quickly copes with weeds that have not yet grown too much. In addition, cultivation will loosen the soil and saturate it with oxygen, which will positively affect the development of plants.
- Easy to maintain and cost an order of magnitude cheaper compared to outboard equipment on a single-axle tractor.
- Quickly rotating burrs can provide high efficiency.
- Suitable for loosening the soil, not only on a large plot, but also in greenhouses, flower beds.
- The disc cultivator is equipped with a safety guard.
Any attachment on a gasoline grass trimmer has its disadvantages. Be sure to take them into account. These are such points:
- Any attachment-cultivator for a grass trimmer will significantly increase the weight of the assembled unit. about 5-6 kg. Not everyone can work for a long time.
- The blade of the trimmer attachment will not press the blades close to the soil. Excessive pressure will cause breakage or at least bending of the boom.
- Cultivator for brushcutter is recommended for use on clay soil, t.к. it is not capable of penetrating deep. it will only scratch the surface of the ground.
- The drive of gasoline trimmers is behind the working one, and the boom is often long. Vibration is a constant during cultivation. Their size is determined by both the changing load on the cutters or discs and the length of the boom.
- The vibrations are transferred to the user’s hands via the shoulder strap. The high-capacity unit is not always easy to grip or operate the power button. Long cultivation with a nozzle is not safe.