How to put a spring on the grass trimmer starter
The starter for the power tiller. the device of manual and electric
Moto-blocks are known for their design features. In particular, the fact that they use two starters at once. An auxiliary or spring starter helps the main starter start up smoothly and quickly. But if the auxiliary starter suddenly fails, then we have to think about how to repair the manual starter. Perhaps even with your own hands.
Incidentally, the spring-loaded version is not the only one. The manual starter on a single axle tractor is fairly common, it is common in Russia. It is much easier to use. It is easier to install, even if the user does it with his own hands. It has quite an uncomplicated design:
- drum housing;
- Spring, or rather, the whole two: large and small;
- Bolts and nuts, without which neither a mechanical nor an electric starter can be assembled.
When assembled, it looks as follows: the cord is attached to the spool, and it is fixed to the core of the reel housing. Inside the drum there is a special space where a large spring is placed around the axis. It is the one that is responsible for making sure that after cranking the starter returns to its previous position.
Repair of starter gasoline drills, lawnmowers, grass trimmers with their own hands
No matter how good quality gasoline tool you use, during the construction process anything can happen to it, and at the most inopportune moment. It is not uncommon for problems to arise due to the breakdown of the starter. It happens, going to drill gasoline holes to install fence posts or mow trimmer grass, you start to run the unit, and only have time to pull the starter handle a couple of times, as the rope breaks, and the engine has already started, dashingly winding the remains of the cord on the flywheel, tears the sheave, the spring burst. run to the store new buy. But of course these are extremes.
Today we will consider the most common case, when the breakage is not so serious, and show how to repair the starter with their own hands, if the cord broke without any devastating consequences or does not unwind because the spring inside just came off, went out of the grip. At least, that’s what you want to believe at the beginning. But to find out if this is the case or not, you’ll need to disassemble the starter.
Basic Grass Trimmer Starter Faults
It is not difficult to determine the cause of a switch failure. There are several basic options:
It may happen that the starter mechanism is accidentally broken. The consequences will be deplorable, if the active internal combustion engine flywheel is wound with a wound cord: then the spring will burst, the pulley will break. But such cases, when you need a complete replacement of the starter, are very rare. In most cases, it is enough to put a new spring or replace the cord to fix the mechanism.
Problems with the starter can prevent the tool from starting. That is, after the cord is wound, the chainsaw will not start.
Starter repair brushcutter, grass trimmer
brushcutter, grass trimmer online store of spare parts for garden equipment.
Brovchenko Family. Installing the spring in the manual starter lawnmower.
the spring in the manual starter for benzo trimmer? It is possible to do this at home. To me.
Before you repair the starter, you need to prepare the tools with which to work:
- A set of screwdrivers or a special tool that the manufacturer supplied with the tool;
- Rope to be used as a replacement for a broken cord if necessary.
Black carbon deposits on the spark plug indicate a problem with the engine.
Before we proceed directly to repair the starter and find out the causes of malfunction, it is necessary to remove it from the body of the tool. To do this, unscrew the few screws that hold the side cover to which the starter is attached. Problems with the STIHL 38 lawnmower starter. This is done with a screwdriver or a specialized tool.
Once the cover is unscrewed, it is turned over and inspected. Next, unscrew the screw that secures the starter. after that remove the clamp and the spring for a soft start. Now the pulley, on which the cord is wound, is available for removal. Once the knot on the rope is untied, it can be removed from the pulley and replaced with a new one. Provided that the loss of starter performance is due to a breakage, this may be enough to repair the breakage. Lawnmower starting cord. However, the other parts that make up this element of the chainsaw should be carefully inspected.
Inspection of the starter components may reveal the following faults:
Damage to the soft starter spring is most common at the end where it is visible when the housing is disassembled.
- The pulley may be damaged. There may be cracks or tears, and there may be damage to the rear. As a result of these problems, the tool cannot perform the work.
- Damage to the soft starter spring. Interskol µb 4325 lawnmower starter motor. In this case, both the spring itself may be mechanically defective, and there may be defects in the place of its attachment. The weakest point of this element is precisely the mounting place and the tip of the spring that is inserted into it.
If you find faulty or partially damaged parts of the starter, they must be replaced with new ones. At the same time, the new elements must match the model of saw to be repaired.
After completing the repair it is necessary to reassemble the starter correctly.
The pulley is installed over the spring. At the same time it is necessary to check how they are meshed with each other. To continue the repair, it is necessary to perform the winding of the pulley. This should be done so that when it rotates, it pulls the cord in the starter. It is enough to make 3-4 turns to give the required voltage. Replacing the lawn mower starter cable. The rope is put through the hole in the chain saw‘s cover beforehand.
Worst case of a breakdown
There are cases where the starter is still functional, but may break, for example, a worn cord. The ratchet has not yet had time to work when starting the engine, and the remains of the cord are immediately wound on the spool, the return spring loses its hooks, breaks grooves in the starter housing. Bottom line. replacing both the spring and the housing.
If the lawnmower or grass trimmer model has long been discontinued, it will be difficult to find exactly the same parts, and the starter is replaced as a whole.
Remove and disassemble the starter, replace the broken parts
To repair the grass trimmer starter, it must first be disassembled and then reassembled. This process is not particularly difficult. You will need to work the shape of the screwdriver.
Everything should be done carefully, taking precautions, especially so that the spring in the case of accidental flight does not injure the owner.
Disassemble the starter mechanism to install new parts to replace the broken parts in the following sequence:
- Unscrew the screw that fastens the pulley with the starter cover with a screwdriver;
- To remove the spring and tendrils;
- Carefully remove the pulley (you need to turn the head or work, wearing goggles and gloves beforehand);
- Determine why the trigger is triggered;
- If the spring has collapsed almost completely, it is replaced;
- When the spring is out of the hook, it is installed in its former place, pre-bending the antenna (photos show the installation process);
- Once the spring plate is in place inside the groove, gently screw it in.
To change the spring, the work must be done carefully and carefully: it can accidentally explode under the force caused by the actuation of it. Even if you remove the roller carefully, the spring band will come off the reel very quickly and can injure your hand with its sharp edges.
It is not always possible to put the spring plate back in place immediately. This often slips, so attempts must be repeated to achieve the desired result.
Assembly of the launcher is done in several steps:
- The coil is inverted by installing it so that the bend of the spring fits exactly into the slot of the housing, as in the photo below;
- Fold the two washers with the spring in between;
- Put the cup with the tendrils in place;
- Tighten the screw (photo below).
Doing the above manipulation, you need to put two washers. If this is not done, the spring will eventually damage the plastic cup, and when it is removed, it will begin to jam. It makes you feel like spring has arrived. To remedy this flaw, you need to install this longer piece or an additional washer.
When these details are not enough, you can simply loosen the screw a little, and the starter assembly will start without locking. But this option is temporary. It’s best to repair it as soon as possible.
After installing the spring, tighten it. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Remove the handle from the starter cord;
- The rope is then inserted into the groove of the spool;
- The spring is tightened by turning the coil clockwise in the opposite direction (winding);
- Make the required number of revolutions as specified in the instruction manual of the grass trimmer model you are using, and the appropriate length of cord to be used;
- At the very end, lower the rope into the hole provided for this purpose in the starter cover;
- Put the handle back in place, securing it with a knot.
READ What kind of gasoline to fill your Husqvarna mower?
If the spring continues to fly after repair, you can get rid of it in the following ways:
- Insert the appropriate piece of plate into the slot at the location of the spring hook;
- Drill holes on both sides of the groove in the spool, in which to insert the spring hook, and secure it with wire.
Replacing a torn cord
Replace a broken cable in the following sequence:
- The old cord is removed;
- Choose the appropriate size (thickness and length) of cord;
- Passing it through a special hole located in the coil, tie the knot;
- Spring valve that produces the required number of revolutions;
- Fasten the handle
It is better to tighten the spring plate together with the Ragtner, so that the edge of the cord does not twist inside the starter mechanism.
It is not difficult to assemble the starter on the trimmer and wind the spring, but this must be done carefully and cautiously. For different models of gasoline engines, the breakdowns of starting mechanisms are the same, so they are repaired in the same way. However, there are some nuances associated with their design features.
The structure of the chainsaw starter includes the following elements:
- the screw of the ignition system;
- the return spring;
- the coil of the starting system;
- spark plug;
- electronic unit;
- electrical wiring;
- power button;
- knob and cable.
The main parameters of the chainsaw starting system:
After the power button is pressed, the flywheel begins to rotate with the magnet that is on it.
In the system appears electromotive force. The generated current is converted by an electronic unit into electric signals that are transmitted to the driving elements.A spark is created that provokes the ignition of the fuel-air mixture.
How to install the spring
In order to install a new spring, follow these steps:
- Carefully remove the cage of the mechanism.
- Inspect the inside of the cage that houses the spring mechanism near the C-piece.
- Fix and tighten the upper part of the spring with your finger and pull aside the crank of the starter mechanism.
- Remove the worn-out mechanism and wind a new spring. You should avoid kinking and twisting the element.
- Reassemble the new spring mechanism. It is advisable to do this slowly so that the mechanism does not unwind.
- Fill the spring and insert it into the starter mechanism.
- Carefully fix the spring cage.
Change of cord
The following tools will be needed to make the cord replacement:
To replace the starter cord, proceed as follows:
- It is necessary to unscrew the fixing screws that hold the side cover, using a screwdriver.
- Then remove the starter from the tool body.
- After that you need to turn the cover and make an inspection.
- Then remove the clamp and spring.
- You should untie the knot on the rope.
- Pull out the pulley, on which the cord is wound. Remove the cord and replace it with a new one.
- Then put the pulley in place and tie the rope to the knot. Install the clamp and spring.
- After that, tighten the cover with the fixing screws.
- Finally install the starter in place and tighten the fastening screws.
READ What Oil to Put in Grass Trimmer Petrol
Design and principle of the starter on the trimmer
Gasoline engine. is, in principle, the main part of brushcutter Its power lies in the range of 0.5-2.5 liters.с. The movement from it is transmitted to the shaft inside the hollow rod, and then through a gearbox consisting of gears to the line or the blade (working organ).
The lawnmower also has the following elements:
- the hood is protective;
- the belt, designed for easy use of the device
- The starter, which is used to start a gasoline internal combustion engine.
All parts of the brushcutter are shown in the photo below.
The starter on the trimmer is an integral part that performs engine starting. it is shown separately on the two photos below.
The starter mechanisms of the different models of brushcutters operate on the same principle: when the engine is started, the lugs identified by the number 1 in the photo above engage in the catch with the pawls 3. when the engine starts, they return to their previous position because of the centrifugal force. A similar role is also performed by the wire 2.
The process of returning to the original position of the elements of the mechanism occurs due to the presence of a spring wound around the axis. The starter springs back when the rope is pulled. After the cord is released, it retracts and winds up because of the coiling spring. When starting the engine of the lawnmower, the starter mechanism turns its shaft until it starts working (starts up).
To date, gasoline brushcutters are equipped with two types of starter mechanisms:
The first option is much more common.
The starter motor on a trimmer can run for an extended period without causing damage. It is not possible to specify a definite period of trouble-free operation. Everything is determined by the original quality of the device and compliance with the rules of handling it.