How to remove the gas tank with a Chinese chain saw
How to remove the gas tank on a chainsaw
The effectiveness of any tool depends on following the rules of its use. Start in the first place. Do it in this order:
- Engage the chain brake, for which it must be applied in a forward direction.
- Remove the protective screen, if fitted.
- Turn on the decompression valve, which will make it easier to start.
- Press in the fuel intake. This is to reduce the number of swings.
- Move the combination lever all the way down to the no-load start position by first locking the gas lever.
- Position the tool on a flat surface and hold it with both hands so that the cutting part is away from the surface. Hold the left hand on the handle and the right hand on the starter rope. Use your foot to lock the tool in place by stepping on the back handle.
- Now the starter rope has to be tightened first and then yanked several times. To do this, the chain saw has to move upward from the body.
- The motor will stall after a short start. Therefore, after that the joystick should be moved up by one click and then the restart should be repeated.
- If the engine is running, the throttle lever must be depressed and the combination lever must be set to idle.
- Now remove the chain brake and you can start to use the tool.
Despite the simplicity of the process, situations can arise when the chainsaw still won’t start. It is not always caused by a broken tool. It is possible that not enough force was applied. If still after several attempts to start was unsuccessful, it is worth a thorough inspection of the device.
Chainsaw malfunctions and how to repair the guide bar with your own hands
A chainsaw is a necessary thing in the household and garden, helping to quickly and efficiently perform various work with wood. Like any electrical device, it periodically malfunctions and requires diagnosis. The result of the latter measure often leads to the conclusion that it is necessary to repair the chainsaw tire, the mechanism that experiences most of the load during operation.
Diagnostics and troubleshooting
The efficiency of repair also depends on the correct diagnosis, because the rapid identification of the problem will save time on repair work. If the chainsaw Partner does not work, then the diagnosis is performed in three steps:
Most often, chainsaw malfunctions are due to the fact that either there is nothing to burn, or there is nothing to ignite. So first you need to check the spark plug, for which you need to unscrew it, and put the wire to the cylinder, and then pull the starter. spark can be absent because of defective spark plugs, broken wires in the power circuit, faulty ignition button or lack of clearance between the flywheel and coil (flywheel key breakage from the crankshaft is also possible). Because of the lack of spark the chain saw can start but immediately stops when you press the gas.
If there is a spark, then check the fuel system, especially if it is found that the spark plug is dry. The diagnosis is as follows. Pour 5 ml of fuel through the spark plug hole and then start the saw. If the start is unsuccessful, it is possible that the cylinder head is worn, or that a foreign body got into it. If the saw starts, then the problem may be in the improper operation of the carburetor or fuel line.
Your Partner chain saw includes a crankshaft bearing play check. To do this, you need to move the flywheel in different directions. If there is a gap, then the bearings need to be replaced.
Other problems are also possible and can be corrected with your own hands. For example, the chainsaw will not start or the chain is not lubricated. The first problem is due to improper carburetor adjustment, and the second is due to clogged hoses or insufficient oil in the fuel mixture.
In order to disassemble the Partner 350 you will need some specific tools:
- A clutch wrench (you can buy one or make one yourself from a socket of the proper size).
- Piston Stop.
- Torx hexagon set.
- Soft metal hammer.
A special tool for the clutch
Need a pair of tweezers and a medical clamp for easier disassembly of your Partner 350. Of the usual tools, you should have a screwdriver or cordless drill with a set of attachments, a hammer.
Chainsaw breakdown typology
Before you disassemble your chainsaw, you need to find the right type of failure. No matter what the malfunction of the saw, it is one of two types. 1st. motor breakdown. Trouble appears in the ignition system, fuel supply, air supply, exhaust air consistency, cylinder and piston group.
2-nd type. faults in other systems of the machine. These are breakdowns of the emergency brake, clutch clutch, guide bar, lubrication system and other parts.
A set of tools for the repair:
The ignition system
Despite the seeming simplicity of the unit, the repair requires quite a lot of ability. If you have not dealt with auto ignition, it is better to contact a specialist. Almost without the help of others you can correctly find what exactly became the cause of the malfunction. Therefore it is better to limit the visual inspection. Check for thermal and mechanical damage. Usually the ignition unit is replaced.
How to start a chainsaw: peculiarities of starting
Once the tool is ready to start, you can proceed. The process of starting a chainsaw looks as follows:
- To begin with a check of the tension of the chain. Try to lift the middle chain links in the higher part of the tire with your hand. If the chain pulls with force, everything is fine, but if it is just, you need to tighten it. Don’t overdo it, because unnecessary chain tension is also very unhelpful.
- Checking the chain for tightness. If after tightening the chain there is any doubt that it has been overtightened, it can be checked by turning it by hand on the bar. The chain should rotate normally without tension.
- Setting the handbrake. Hand brake for chain is on the front near the top handle to hold tool in place. If you push the lever forward, the chain will not turn after you start it, but when you pull it backward, the cutting attachment will start to move. Always apply the brake before starting.
- Secure the tool on a flat surface and start. To prevent the tool from jerking when starting, grasp the upper handle with your left hand and hold the lower handle with your right foot. The chainsaw is locked in place and you can now engage the ignition button, pull the choke shutter and then give the starter grip 2 to 5 pulls. While pulling the handle the engine for 2-3 times should give the first flash, indicating that you can move the throttle and start. Pull the starter handle should be sharp, then immediately return it to the starting position, not holding in the pulled position.
- Removing the Handbrake. Once the chain saw has started, let it run for about 1 minute without turning the chain and with a middle throttle. The engine has time to warm up, then you need to release the handbrake. If the hot motor starts, you can start working immediately after starting.
- Checking the oil flow. To do this, bring the saw to the sheet of paper and gas it, then it should show traces of oil.
After starting the chain saw, you can begin to carry out work on the wood.
It is important to know! The material describes the process of starting the tool, and then you can start working with it. Do not forget that if you bought a new chain saw, it should be run in first.
There are three parts to the device:
Fuel comes from the tank through a hose to the fuel mixing unit, bypassing the gasoline filter (it is located at the end of the pipe, which is immersed in gasoline). To facilitate the starting function, each chainsaw’s fuel system is armed with a manual pump. It delivers gasoline directly to the carburetor, which helps start the engine even more quickly.
expensive varieties of saws have a mechanical pump that acts in conjunction with cranking the starter. To return the excess, it has a tube that goes back into the tank.
Where is it located??
The breather hole on the Husqvarna chain saw is in the tank, as on many other makes. From time to time it gets clogged, causing a dilemma with starting the tool or the chain saw just won’t start or won’t start at all.
How to fix the problem? There are a few options here:
In both cases, you have to get to this part. Given the peculiarities of the structure of chainsaws, in order to clean the breather, you will have to remove the handle of the device.
How to Repair a Chainsaw with Your Own Hands
A chainsaw is an indispensable tool in the life of a home handyman. With its help, you can saw off old wood, build a bathhouse or just a gazebo for recreation. Sometimes this tool also falls into disrepair. To solve the problem, it is not necessary to turn to expensive specialized services, you can make a chainsaw repair with your own hands.
Repair at home requires spare parts, tools, and the right skills. For example, to disassemble a chain saw can be useful homemade repair kit, which will have to make a very long time.
Some modern devices of semi-professional and household type do not include the appropriate tools for adjusting the carburetor and disassembling the drive sprocket.
General principles of disassembly
In general, all chainsaws have the same components, which are dismantled according to a certain scheme. If the assembly of the saw is Chinese, then there is nothing to worry about: most often they are made in the likeness of European models. How to disassemble the chainsaw:
- Remove the clutch cover.
- The starter cover is removed. To do this, you need to remove the self-tapping screws and remove the transverse handle.
- To remove the handle, you need to remove the cover that covers the air filter.
- The gasoline hose is removed from the connector cover.
- Dismantle the body of the saw. You need to unscrew the self-tapping screws and remove the oil tank cover.
- Before removing the ignition module, you need to disassemble the clutch drum: you need to rotate the crankshaft clockwise until the piston overlaps the gas outlet.
- Then it is necessary to unscrew the clutch on the chainsaw and remove the clutch: it is necessary to hit it lightly with a hammer.
- Remove the screws, remove the gas tank with the oil hose.
The problem that arises during repair is the lack of necessary information on how to perform the repair. This is because many foreign manufacturers believe that the saw should be disposed of after a certain period and depletion. Therefore, many craftsmen have certain doubts, especially when repairing budget models.
But also expensive professional models create certain difficulties:
The chainsaw does not start on hot
In those cases when the chainsaw does not start on hot, it is necessary to carry out a visual inspection of all the main nodes of the chainsaw. The inspection should start with the spark plug. Check the spark, inspect the surface of the spark plug electrode, these actions will help to establish the direction in which to look for the problem.
Faults in the ignition system
If when inspecting the spark plug, it is found that it is wet and there is no spark formation on the contacts, it means that the problem should be sought in the ignition system, inspect the coil, check the gap between the flywheel and coil contacts. You can also check how tightly the cap of the high-voltage wire sits on the spark plug, and the plug itself. Try to replace it with a new one.
Problems in the fuel system
If the inspection revealed that there is a spark and the spark plug is dry, then the problems are in the fuel system. It should be checked starting with the fuel filter. Next, you need to inspect the fuel hose and its attachment to the carburetor, pay attention to fuel leaks from the carburetor and the presence of gasoline in the air filter housing. Begin removal of the carburetor is advisable only if visual inspection did not identify the cause of the failure.
A typical sign of a problem with the fuel system is that there is too much fuel in the engine cylinder. As a rule, this is indicated by an excessively wet spark plug and the presence of spark on the contacts of the plug. In this situation, it is necessary to turn the chainsaw so that the spark plug hole is directed downward. If there is petrol leaking from the cylinder, it means that the reason of not starting the chainsaw is the overflow of fuel into the engine.
“Fills” with fuel, sometimes because of improper carburetor adjustment or its malfunction.
With the process of adjusting the carburetor, you can get acquainted with the example of Champion 254 saw, watching a video instruction.
Problems of self-repair
The problem is complicated in many cases by the lack of full information on repair technology. According to foreign manufacturers’ opinion, after reaching the end of service life the saw should be written off for scrap, that is why practicability of many budget models raises reasonable doubts.
Professional chainsaws are more difficult to repair.
- The problem is complicated by the high cost of replacement parts.
- It is possible that to restore the performance of individual assemblies and mechanisms, in particular, to adjust the fuel equipment will require special equipment.
It is not economically feasible to replace expensive brand-name parts with affordable but ephemeral Chinese counterparts. Practice shows, these components produce a resource of 50-60% at best.
Goodluck chain saw/Replacing the fuel tank/Replacing the ignition coil.
Disassembly of a Chinese (Roma) chainsaw
How to remove the chain sprocket from a Husqvarna chainsaw with your own hands. How to take the flywheel off. fassen.net. How to take off a chain saw sprocket and. Slowly disassemble the chainsaw.
The next step is to disassemble the cylinder and piston group of the chainsaw motor. The STIHL chain saw engine is designed like a scooter engine. It disassembles very easily. You need to unscrew the four bolts that hold the cylinder head. Then the cylinder is carefully removed from the block. The piston must be in perfect shape. If it is scuffed, it must be replaced. The cylinder is repaired by boring in accordance with the repair size. How to remove the sprocket from a chainsaw Husqvarna, Partner How to remove carburetor from chainsaw how to remove carburetor from chainsaw reason and how. Sometimes the cylinder and piston are replaced.
STIHL chain saw engine is similar to a scooter engine and easy to disassemble.
After removing the piston, you need to look closely at the condition of the rings. The rings should fit snugly, but they should sit on the piston freely. Then you must insert the piston into the cylinder and try to rock it, leaning on the upper point. If the piston dangles, you can safely say that it is worn. Because of this fault, the chainsaw will not be able to operate at its full power.