How to set the ignition on the mole cultivator
Magneto for power tiller
Magneto on a single axle tractor on the principle of work is similar to the coil ignition. is responsible for the appearance of the spark.Check the magneto of the motoblock can be checked as follows:
- Remove the cap from the top of the spark plug and put a nail in it. All manipulation has to be done with the utmost care so that the plug can be re-installed after rechecking;
- The nail is placed seven millimeters from the unit’s cylinder;
- The spark plug is returned to its standard position and start the engine of the motoblock;
- When starting, a spark should be formed. And it will be strong, with a blue tint. If the spark is different in parameters, this indicates that the problem is not eliminated.
When testing the magneto, it is important to follow the following rules:
- the spark plug is not unscrewed completely. This can provoke a loss of compression, the flywheel will rotate much faster;
- This method is ineffective if the electronic ignition system is installed. Problems can also arise with key components of the system;
- the distance between the nail in the spark plug cap and the cylinder varies and depends on the specific design of the machine.
Magneto for power tiller. testing at home
The magneto on a single axle tractor is a structurally complex element that is in constant contact with the high-voltage wiring and interacts with electricity. Because of the operation of the power tiller in wet weather, accidental bumps and power failures, this part gradually fails. Checking it is easy enough, but the operator has to act at his own risk, since the only way to test the part in the field will be very dangerous for the entire ignition system.
To test the magneto of a motorblock, it will be required:
Мотокультиватор Крот.Motor-cultivator Mole
- Carefully remove the cap from the screwed-in plug and replace it with a small nail. The latter must be clean, with no signs of corrosion;
- The nail must be placed 7 mm away from the cylinder wall of the power unit’s regular cylinder;
- Start the engine of the machine;
- Check that the spark is still there when you start the engine. It should be painted bright blue and easily visible. If it is not, then the magneto is out of order.
If the magneto is broken, it will need to be replaced. You can do this with your own hands. by removing the defective part and installing a new one.
How to set the ignition
You can adjust the ignition by the following methods.
Use a stroboscope
- Warm up the engine to a temperature that is optimal for operation.
- Make a connection between the stroboscope’s power supply and the motorblock’s mains.
- The sensor that is responsible for the triggering sound should be placed on the high-voltage electrical wire of one of the cylinders.
- Remove the vacuum-corrector hose and turn it off.
- Strobe light should be directed to the pulley.
- Start the engine, RPM should be idle.
- Turn the tumbler housing.
- Create a fixation, during which the pulley mark will reach the necessary mark on the cover of the apparatus.
- Secure the mounting nut.
Using the lamp
- It is necessary to turn the crankshaft to a position during which the pulley mark will reach the necessary mark on the timing gear, with the slider responsible for interruption and distribution of ignition should point to the high-voltage wire of one of the cylinders.
- Reduce the force that secures the nut of the tumbler housing.
- Connect one of the lamp control wires to the metal wire that serves to transmit the electric current that goes from the distributor chopper to the ignition coil, and the next wire to the “mass” of the power harvester.
- Always turn on the ignition.
- The body of the mechanism that determines the moment of formation of high-voltage pulses in the ignition system, turn it according to the arrow of the clock, do this until the lamp stops burning.
- Turn the distributor breaker slowly to the other side.
- Create a lock for the distributor breaker and the control light must light up.
- Tighten the nut that secures the distributor.
With a spark
- The crankshaft should be rotated to a position during which the pulley mark will be identical to the one located at the base of the timing gear, and the interruptor-splitter will point to the high voltage wire of one of the cylinders.
- Reduce the fixing force of the nut that keeps the housing of the mechanism that determines the moment of formation of high-voltage impulses in the ignition system.
- From the cover of the mechanism determining the moment of formation of high-voltage impulses in the ignition system, remove the high-voltage wire, which is located in the center, and its contact should be placed at distance 0.5 cm from the “ground” of the power tool.
- Do not forget to switch on the ignition.
- Turn the housing of the ignition timing mechanism by 200° clockwise.
- Slowly turn the mechanism, which determines the moment of formation of high-voltage impulses in the ignition system in the other direction.
- Position of the mechanism that determines the moment of formation of high-voltage impulses in the ignition system, should not move. In doing so, a spark will be generated between the contact of the wire, which is located in the.
- It is worth tightening the breaker nut.
With help of spark
It can be heard
- Turn on the motor.
- Loosen nut, which fixes the trommel base.
- Take your time to turn the breaker housing on two sides.
- Position of the mechanism, which determines the moment of formation of high-voltage impulses in the ignition system should be fixed in that position, when the engine power will be the most stable, and the revolutions. to reach the maximum level.
- It is necessary to turn the tumbler housing according to the clock hand.
- Fix the tumbler fixing element.