How to sharpen a saw with your own hands. The need to sharpen the saw-cut
How to sharpen a knife on wood at home. Step.By.Step instructions
Wood hacksaw is a tool that every owner has. However, over time, the saw loses its acuteness, which affects its performance and the quality of the cut. Surrender with a hacksaw on wood at home is quite simple, without much effort.
Before conducting the process, it is necessary to know that hacksaws on wood from faint steel cannot be sharpened. You can distinguish the material in black with a characteristic blue tint.
It is important to remember that before sharpening the teeth must be diluted.
To sharpen a hacksaw on wood with your own hands, you need to decide on the necessary tool. Files are most often used as a sharpening device, less often. Corner grinder.
The process of restoring the acuity of the cutting edge depends on the type of hacksaw. The processing of the transverse saw is carried out as follows:
- The canvas is clamped at an angle of 45 ° in relation to the table.
- The left edge of even incisors is sharpened.
- The blade turns over.
- The left edge of even teeth is pulled.
- Sharp cutting faces and sharp peaks of incisors are formed.
For processing, a triangular file with fine notch is used.
Wiring; 2. Chisel; 3. Saw canvas; 4. Bars; 5. Wedge; 6. Support; 7. Trihedral file; 8. A square
To sharpen a universal or longitudinal saw, the canvas must be fixed in a vice at an angle of 90 °. For processing, you should use a rhombic file. The tool is held in their hands parallel to the desktop. The rest of the process of processing the cutting edge is similar to sharpening a hacksaw for a transverse saw.
After processing all the teeth on the faces, burrs may remain, the size of which depends on the thickness of the saw canvas. They are eliminated with a small file (with a “velvet” notch), or an abrasive bar of small granularity.
The quality of sharpening can be determined in 2 ways. When checking by the touch, the severity of the teeth, the absence of burrs should be felt. Either check the cutting edges in color: when lighting on them there should not be glare.
An additional test is carried out: during processing, the hacksaw should go smoothly, without the departure to the side; The cut surface should be smooth, without torn wood fibers.
You can sharpen the saw using an angular grinder. For this, the power tool is attached to the desktop. The saw is moved by hand.Guide so that each cutter is fed to the sand disk in the same plane. In this case, it is necessary to set the sharpening depth limiter, which allows you to maintain the same height of the incisors. First, the faces of the odd row of teeth are processed, then. Even. After processing, it is also required to remove the burrs with a file or a donkey.
Not every master can sharpen the tool correctly. To do this, you need to know the technology well and have considerable experience behind your shoulders. Would you like to comprehend a locksmith? We assume that no.
For home sharpening, a hacksaw is enough to learn several rules:
Sharpen a Saw with the Help of a Hacksaw | Paul Sellers
- A hacksaw on wood with small teeth is pulled by a file with a point of pointing 30 degrees, and with large. 75 degrees. They must have a rough or small velvet notch. Optimally use a new sharp file.
- When breeding the saws of the saw, it is necessary to ensure that the extension is symmetrical along the entire cutting edge. For the cut of dry material, the optimal width of the wiring is 0.3-0.5 mm, for raw wood. 0.5–1 mm (in each direction). The bend is made from the middle of the teeth, not from the base. So less likely that it will break off.
- Teeth should be the same height. Press the cutting part vertically to a flat board covered with paper. You will see what teeth are. Consider them flush with other teeth. If several teeth are more tightly more than others, leave everything as it is. In a situation where all the teeth are at a different way, they are equalized approximately.
- Correctly tighten the tool in a vice or other clamping tool. In addition, you should wear protective gloves. These are the basic safety rules, they should not neglect them.
- The drum movements need to be produced only in one direction. From yourself. At the same time, they need to carry out smoothly, if possible with uniform pressure.
- If burrs form on the teeth, it is necessary to remove them from the side edge of the canvas with a wet donkey. Otherwise, they will be painted. And the cutting edge will quickly dull.
Sharpening of a hacksaw. Painstaking work requiring 100% attention. It is recommended to be performed in silence and loneliness. Distracted by conversation or music, you run the risk of cutting the wrong site or getting injured.
When should be started to sharpen the chain
It is possible to understand the time to hide the chain, it is possible when the following signs are found:
- During operation, it is necessary to make more efforts, and the chain constantly gets stuck inside the wood.
- The saw often jams, the chain regularly sags and stretches.
- Wood sawdust after working with a dull saw differ in heterogeneity, more like dust.
- During the sawing of the material, smoke appears, the saw vibrates and breaks out of the hands.
If you do not pay attention to the above factors, then this can lead to the failure of not only the chain, but the entire tool. In this case, you will have to purchase a new expensive saw. Also, a dumb chain can lead to a severe injury.
After completing the recommendations, how to properly sharpen the electric saw chain, the quality of sharpening should be evaluated. All cutting teeth should be the same size and one thickness. To achieve such a result, when sharpening it is necessary to do approximately the same number of movements with the same pressure force.
Note! Gasoline and electric saws have the same teeth. The differences are in the quantity and length of the tire. For chainsaws, these indicators depend on engine power. This fact allows you to sharpen both types of saws equally in one of the selected methods.
How to sharpen the teeth of a hacksaw on wood yourself instructions
Wiring and alignment of the height of cutting teeth is a preparatory stage for sharpening a hacksaw. Now, in order to sharpen a hacksaw on a tree, you will need to fix the canvas in the sponges of the vice again. How to properly sharpen a hacksaw on wood, not many know, so you can often meet masters who buy new tools instead of restoring the performance of old.
Work is done at home, and the whole process takes no more than half an hour of time. First you need to take the files or triangular shape files that have a small notch. When choosing a trihedral file, you need to take into account its size. It should be small so that its edges are taken to the deepening between the teeth. It is necessary to use a file with a fine notch, otherwise it will not be possible to achieve the necessary sharpening sharpening.
Having found out all the nuances, we will deal with the sequence of actions. How to properly natures wood:
- The tool canvas is fixed in a vice. So that it does not vibrate in the process, it should be clamped as close to the teeth as possible, but at the same time, without touching them, otherwise the wiring will be broken
- A file is taken into the hands. With one hand you need to take it by the handle, and the second by the tip
- The angle of sharpening is usually from 15 to 30 degrees, which is detected exclusively by eye. If the tool has not a strong erasing of the teeth, then this angle can be traced
- We take the appropriate pose when performing work. To do this, the file must be placed in relation to the canvas at an angle of 30-45 degrees (at the lower point of contact)
- The movements of the file should be uniform, clear and fast. Move the file only in one direction. From the bottom up. The number of passages by the file is 3-5 times for each inter-jub. The number of movements can be more, which depends on the degree of bluntness of the tool
- First you need to go through the tool on one side of the canvas, and then on the other
When sharpening, it is also necessary to consider the pressure with a file on the hidden teeth. It should be medium so that each subsequent passage removes metal, and not fidgets on the teeth. This process is not difficult, however, for the passage between each beveter, time and patience are required.
How to understand that the teeth are sharpened enough? To do this, look at the teeth of the tool through sunlight. A glue between each tooth suggests that the procedure is completed successfully, and the tool is ready for use.
The process under consideration is not difficult, and if you deal with its principle, then the sharpening of the hacksaw will turn into pleasure. Many do not want to waste time on manual work with a file, so they use corner grinding for sharpening for sharpening. We’ll figure out how to sharpen a hand hacksaw with a corner grinder, and is it really possible to do it.
Ticks for wiring teeth. A good tool. It is very convenient to use, taking the saw tooth to the side will be what you need.
Wrestling for a hacksaw. Also a good thing and is inexpensive. The average design is elementary: several slots and adjustable angular. The tooth is inserted into a suitable slot, and the pressure on the handle is wiring. The displayed angler ensures the uniformity of wiring.
There is no one at home, but I don’t want to run to the store? Then you can use the grandfather’s method. It has been used since the beginning of time. Only an ax and some dexterity are needed so as not to spoil their hands (people who have a poorly owning tool not use this method. Injured!).
The technology is simple: the blade is inserted between the two teeth and the rotation of the ax of the teeth bend to the sides.
Drinking can be done using a self.Tapping screw. This is safer. This requires a long screw. To make it more convenient to keep. Before work it needs to be a little modified. You need to slightly flow his hat on one side-make it flat. This is necessary so that when it is applied to the tooth, it does not slip and does not deform the latter.
Khosuovka to go to the soft wood (pine, spruce). Holding the self.Tapping leg, put a hat to the tooth and hit with a hammer. The tooth is bent. The operation is carried out through the tooth. After the canvas, the saw is turned over, and the operation is similarly repeated.
The principle and angle of sharpening of the discs for the circular saw
Sharpening of disk saws with carbide attacks has its subtleties and features of technology. The attacence itself has four main planes. The front, upper and side. The angles formed by these planes are cutting surfaces.
The main working surface is the edge between the upper and front surface. The side edges are used mainly when the teeth have a divorce. A slope to the right or to the left of the cut axis.
Technologically, the sharpening operation is performed in two stages:
At the same time, if the disk is very worn out firstly given the desired shape of the tooth, its front and upper part to the desired angle is aligned. And then the side and the main, the edges of the winning attacks are processed.
What errors can occur during sharpening?
Error 1. Burnt sinuses
The reason for this phenomenon lies in the excessive efforts of the sharpening circle. As a result. Fast tape tank.
How to Sharpen a Saw in 5 Minutes | Paul Sellers
Error 2. The wrong angle of inclination and imperfection of the shape of the sinuses.
Several factors can lead to such a situation:
Demolition of an eccentric of the sharpening device; error setting up the angle of the head of the machine; Inconsistency of the profile of the sharpening circle.
That’s all. Now you know how to sharpen the strip saw correctly, and what tools and devices may be required for this.
Rules for sharpening a hacksaw on wood
Sharpening of the canvas of a saw-cutting canvas is, in a sense, an art that requires attention, a good eye and fidelity of hands. It is not difficult to learn this matter, the main thing is to adhere to the following rules when working:
- Reliable fixation. The canvas should be tightly fixed in a special device made of wood, which should also be stable in a well.Lit workplace, as shown in the video about the sharpening of the hacksaw on the wood. Sharpening of teeth on the knees or stools does not give a positive result!
- Using a quality tool. You should use your personal file with further stripping the sharpened faces of the teeth with a file or a file with a fine velvet notch. Of course, you need the file to be sharp and new. You can also use a used one, but it must be cleaned with a steel brush and be grated wood coal, so that the file does not stop and does not clog.
- Removing a layer of metal. The file when sharpening the tooth should be closed into its metal and remove the desired layer of metal depending on the pressure power. And if he suddenly slips down the tooth, while without removing the metal, this means that the file is erased or the teeth of the hacksaw are rolled. In this case, you need to sharpen again another file. If even after the change of file, it slides down the tooth, you should take another hacksaw.
- Pressure on the teeth. The file of the file of the file is clamped by the right hand, and its end is held by the left hand and the file is directed to the teeth of the saw. On the teeth of the pressure of the file should be uniform, smooth and, of course, in one direction. The file when returning to the starting position should not touch the teeth.
- Correct handling of a file. Try to grind the metal from the faces of the teeth of approximately the same thickness, lead the file of the same number of times with the same pressure, allowing you to maintain the step, height and size of the angles of the teeth after sharpening.
- Removing burrs. Zausenitsy are formed on the faces of the tooth of the hacksaw from the side of the exit, they reduce the severity of the teeth, and if you do not remove them, they will be painted during the saw, and after that the teeth are significantly blurred. To remove burrs, the edges of the teeth are surrounded with a file with a velvet notch, and also removed from the side faces of the canvas with a wet donkey.
- Checking the quality of work. After sharpening the teeth, you must definitely check their sharpness. Look at the edge of the razor blades and the tip of the needle: they do not shine in the light, if sharpened. And if they swept away, then on the edge of the blade and on the tip of needles appear, of course, rounded surfaces, reflecting light and well.Shiny. Checking the sharpening of the quality of the teeth of the hacksaw is built on this. For such a purpose, she is put before her eyes, looking along the canvas her teeth. If their cutting peaks and edges do not shine, this suggests that the teeth of the saw are sharpened. And if suddenly some of the teeth shine (it happens often), then it is precisely they need to be undermined with a file with a velvet notch, that is, remove the burrs and check again the reflection of light over their peaks and edges.
If a person first tries to sharpen the saw, it is difficult for him to fulfill all the requirements and remember the nuances of the technological process. However, violation of these rules leads to the fact that the efficiency of using a strip saw is noticeably reduced, the load on the canvas increases, which leads to a premature break.
Professionals recommend that you make such mistakes:
- With mechanical sharpening, the abrasive stone is located incorrectly relative to the profile of the saw. In this case, the sharpening of the teeth will be uneven;
- Excessive efforts when contacting the saw and sharpening circle. As a result, the metal overheats, the scale appears, which leads to premature wear of the cutting edge;
- There are burrs on the canvas. After sharpening, all roughness must be eliminated, otherwise microscopic cracks will appear during operation on the metal;
- Application of their own sharpening angles. Many inexperienced masters believe that only acuity is important for the teeth of saws, therefore they shamelessly violate the geometry of the profile of the cutting edge recommended by the manufacturer. It is important to understand that the shape of the tooth has been tested for years, trying to experiment here is useless.
Instead of conclusion, we add that each strip saw has a certain resource, so the canvas cannot be sharpened indefinitely. Manufacturers guarantee the correct operation of the tool until the total width of the canvas decreases to 65% of the original size.