How to start the grass trimmer correctly in the cold
How to mow grass correctly with a garden trimmer
Working with a brushcutter is easy enough if you know the basics and have a good hand. Here are some tips to help you get a good result and keep your lawn well groomed:
- If you want to cut tall grass or weeds with strong stems, use double motions. First cut the top of the stems, moving the scythe from right to left, then mow the rest, moving in the opposite direction.
- If you want to mow a large area, divide the area into squares, starting on the outer sides and gradually moving towards the center.
- Work on slopes according to the following algorithm: start at the bottom, mowing the grass in parallel lines and gradually climbing up. The grass will fall down into the area you have already mowed, without interfering with your work.
- To mow plants around an obstacle, you need to consider the protection of the chain saw. Move around the obstacle, gently driving the tool near it.
- Always install only quality attachments on a gasoline grass trimmer. When working with a fishing line or blades of poor quality, the grass can not cut, and rip out with the root. the lawn will quickly fall into disrepair.
How to mow grass with a fishing line
Working with a trimmer with a cord or fishing line is safer than working with knives. However, performance will be lower. It’s always better to match and combine your mowing supplies to the job at hand.
When working with a gasoline trimmer, which has a fishing line, you need to adhere to the following tips:
- Mowing at about 10 cm above the ground;
- mow the top part of the grass first, then cut the stem at the base. this will help to avoid winding on the working part
- It is best to drive the machine in the same direction as the coil rotates;
- When mowing the lawn, it is better to work with the ends of the line to reduce the load on the engine;
- every 15 minutes of work let the gasoline trimmer have a rest.
How to mow grass with blades of grass
The blades (disc) perform well when working with tough grass or shrubs, but you should follow some safety rules. Here are the main points to keep in mind when using blades:
- The blades of grass are good for hard grass, young trees or bushes.
- The more difficult the task, the larger the diameter of the blade disc should be.
- Only install discs on the grass trimmer that are the right size for the tool’s capabilities. Otherwise, the grass trimmer may break.
- If the tool is on, you can only mow with it, but not change the consumable, lubricate or inspect the gasoline trimmer.
- Choose blades based on the information on it and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not sharpen blades yourself, it can ruin the part.
Check ignition system
If the grass trimmer has already been used, then check the serviceability of the removed (at the moment) candle by swapping it with any other. If during examination of a candle, for example, ceramic dielectric is crumbled or the electrodes are bent, buy exactly the same one, using the product code embossed on the part itself and checking it against the marker in the trimmer’s manual for the grass. A candle without an insulator and/or with bent electrodes will not give normal sparks when triggered.
If spark plugs are OK, but spark ignition is not occurring, check ignition coil with an ohmmeter (multimeter). No reading (infinite resistance) is a sign of a broken winding. If it has sintered due to overheating because of the inter-twist fault, there will not be enough voltage for spark breakdown.
Since a very thin wire is used for it, so it converts 12.6 volts from the battery to 30000, it is very difficult to fix it (rewire) even in the garage conditions. Need to replace the coil.
How to start chain saw
Believe it or not, the question “How to start a chain saw?” chain saw owners ask quite often (at least as a Google search query). Here are some suggestions on how to get your chain saw ready for work.
There are two correct ways to start a chainsaw: in a position on the ground or wedged between the legs. Regardless of the method chosen, remember that the chain brake must always be on. Many chainsaw models are started in the t.н. half-open throttle position. If the chain brake is not engaged when starting a model like this, the chain will start to rotate.
How to start a chainsaw
Believe it or not, the question “How do I start my chain saw??” chain saw owners ask quite often (at least as a Google search query). Here are some tips on how to get your chain saw up and running.
There are two correct ways to start a chainsaw: in a position on the ground or clamped between the legs. Regardless of which method you choose, the chain brake must always be engaged. Many chain saw models are started in a.н. With half open throttle position. If the chain brake is not engaged when starting a model like this, the chain will begin to rotate.
How to start a cold grass trimmer correctly
Know how to start your brushcutter using the detailed descriptions and illustrations. STIHL FS 50 is used as an example. The engine of the FS 40 and FS 56 brushcutters is started in a similar way
Know how to start your brushcutter using detailed descriptions and illustrations. STIHL FS 50 is used as an example. The engine of the FS 40 and FS 56 brushcutters is started in a similar way
The working area is safe, the test is completed, and you are wearing personal protective equipment. Before starting up the machine, read the operating manual carefully and pay attention to the safety precautions in the manual. You can now start working with the brushcutter.
Starting 2-Stroke Strimmer After Winter
Step 1 of 10: Lay the brushcutter on the ground
Place the brushcutter securely on the ground. The support is provided by the stop on the engine and the cutting attachment guard. The cutting attachment must not touch the ground or other objects. к. When starting up, it may rotate. No bystanders should be within 15 meters of the brushcutter. Put the brushcutter in a stable position.
Step 2 of 10: Bring the stop switch to the operating position
The stop switch on the multi-function control handle is in the operating position all the time (Position I). When you press it, it goes to 0 and then back to I immediately.
Step 3 of 10: Inflate the brushcutter
Push the fuel pump at least 5 times, even if it is full of fuel. The number of repetitions required to start the engine is thus reduced, which lowers the overall starting difficulty.
Step 4 of 10: Close the choke shutter with the choke control lever
When the engine is cold, the choke must be closed by setting the choke actuator lever to the Cold start position (highest position).
No illustration: With the engine warmed up, move the choke shutter to the Hot Start position (middle position). Also use this position if the engine has already been running but has not yet warmed up.
How to start a string trimmer, starting a weed eater is easy if you know how
Step 5 of 10: Make sure you have a secure footing and hold the brushcutter firmly against the ground
Make sure that the lawnmower is lying in a stable position and check once again. Hold the tool firmly on the ground so that it cannot tip over during the start-up process. Check that the cutting attachment is not touching anything or the ground.
Step 6 of 10: Using the starter rope, start the engine
Slowly pull out the starter grip with your right hand until you feel it reach the first stop. Then pull the starter grip sharply and hard (lawnmower without ErgoStart). If equipped with an ErgoStart, pull the starter rope smoothly with a steady pull (pull vertically upward if possible). Do not pull the cable all the way out.
Step 7 of 10: The engine starts
After starting, the engine speed increases for about 5-7 seconds. During this time, briefly squeeze the locking lever on the multi-function crank and throttle. The choke shutter is automatically moved to the operating position (bottom position) and the engine idles. It is not necessary to pull the starter grip out again. The cutting attachment stops rotating as soon as the engine reaches idle speed.
If you do not have time to depress the throttle lever within approx. If you do not have time to depress the throttle trigger within 5-7 seconds, the engine will stall. You should now manually move the choke shutter to the Hot Start position (middle position) and use the starter grip to restart the engine.
Step 8 of 10: Lift the brushcutter off the ground
Slowly lift the brushcutter off the ground, without even touching the throttle lever accidentally.
Step 9 of 10: Start working
Step 10 of 10: Stop the engine
Move the STOP button on the multi-function control handle to the STOP position (Position O). The engine stops and the releasing button moves back to position I when released.
How to start the grass trimmer correctly when it is cold
Very economical. 1 syringe of oil for 1 liter of petrol. It is advisable to use a brand-name oil for your machine. This is ideal because it has been developed and tested specifically for STIHL power tools.
- Increase engine power (cylinder diameter, stroke). An absolutely impossible task;
- Increase the fuel supply and at the same time increase the air supply. This causes the engine speed to increase, increasing the heat output;
- Reduce output resistance.
Lawn mower won’t start: causes and solutions
Now let’s look in more detail, because of what does not start the lawnmower: the cause and options for fixing the problem encountered.
Immediately note that there can be several reasons why the lawnmower does not start:
- Long downtime due to the seasonality of this tool;
- Improper winter storage;
- Improper maintenance of the tool;
- Filling with low-quality fuel.
If your lawn mower does not want to start on hot or immediately stops, you should first visually inspect the tool, starting with the quality of fuel you have poured into the tank. Then you should inspect the spark plug and spark plug passage, then the fuel and air filters, the breather, and finish the inspection with the exhaust port.
There is only general advice: never skimp on the quality of fuel. Believe me, the repair because of low-quality fuel will cost much more than this penny savings.
There can be two cases: the spark plug is dry and the fuel mixture floods the spark plug. In the latter case you should unscrew it, dry it, but not fire it, drain the excess fuel mixture through the spark plug channel and dry it.
If the spark plug is dry, it will not produce a spark due to the soot that has formed on it. In this case it is necessary to clean off the soot with a file or even a lady’s file. After that, a millimeter gap should be set, which can be measured with a coin, and the spark plug should be put back in place.
If it was the cause of the problem, the lawnmower will start. Otherwise your tool will need more painstaking diagnostics.
Perhaps your lawnmower does not start because of a clogged air filter. To determine this, you need to remove the problematic assembly from the tool. If after that the gasoline engine starts without any problems, then you need to buy a new air filter.
Also the engine may refuse to start because of a clogged fuel filter. If a visual inspection confirms your guess, you need to buy a new breather plug.
In addition to filters, especially branded brushcutters, the breather can also become clogged. Recall that this unit equalizes the pressure in the fuel tank. If the breather pipe gets clogged, it creates a vacuum zone in the tank as the fuel is consumed, which prevents the flow of gasoline to the engine. The breather plug can be cleaned with a simple needle.
Older brushcutters can also have a clogged discharge channel. In addition to traditional cleaning, the problem can be solved by removing the spark plug screen.
The following section describes how to put the power tool into working order after the winter, because even an exceptionally robust STIHL chain saw can be difficult to handle in the winter, especially if you have spent the winter in an unheated summer house.
But before that, we note that in our online store you can buy parts for brushcutter at very favorable prices.
Starting a cold engine after it has been stored for 2 days or longer, or after buying it in a store.
When buying in the right store gasoline technicians can tell you everything in detail about starting and running a gasoline tool, as well as demonstrate it in practice. If it didn’t, then it was a hypermarket or you were served by yesterday’s schoolboy or student. our congratulations!
Cold starting the engine. set the choke lever (switch) to the “choke closed” position. Pumping the mixture into the carburetor in the presence of a fuel primer pump. Pull the starter handle (starter cord) until you feel resistance from the engine, then yank vigorously (hand to chest in amplitude). 2-5 such motions and the engine should start and stall. usually like this. If this does not happen, then, as in the case of a successful first start, still move the choke lever to the half throttle position or even to the operating position. And we continue to start in this mode with the same movements (1-4 times). It usually starts. If here, too, the saw does not start, you need to calm down, take a breath for 2-3 minutes and try to start in the same working position again. Winds up as a rule.
And finally, some gasoline tools have a common key switch ignition, just look whether it was on.
The grass trimmer does not start. Why?
Gasoline trimmer for grass is an amazingly useful thing, with the help of which you can, without too much trouble, bring in order not only a miniature lawn in the backyard of the house, but also to mow a considerable size lawn. But like all things in this world, it has a tendency to break down. In this article, we will try to figure out what to do when a grass trimmer refuses to work.
Gasoline grass trimmer does not start badly
So, what should you do if your petrol grass trimmer does not start or does not start at all?? The most common cause of this failure.It’s not good quality fuel. Remember that, for example grass trimmer brands “STIHL” and “Husqvarna” unlikely to start on fuel quality below the AI-92. Don’t skimp on fuel, t.к. repair of cylinder parts.the piston group can amount to a third of the entire cost of the grass trimmer, and sometimes even half. When preparing the fuel mixture it is also necessary to correctly observe the proportions of fuel and oil, which are always specified in the trimmer’s manual.
What to do if the gas tank is filled with quality fuel, the spark is there, but the tool still refuses to start? The condition of the spark plug should be checked. It is in the center of the lawnmower. It needs to be carefully unscrewed and make sure there is no fouling on it. If it is, carefully clean the spark plug of carbon deposits and dry it.
If the lawnmower does not start even after the ways suggested above, then you need to try to remove the air filter and start the device without it. If the grass trimmer still does not work, clean the old filter from dust or buy a new one.
It also happens that the lawnmower works for 5 minutes maximum and then stops and will not start until it cools down. In that case, try opening the filler cap petrol head should appear suction sound. Then screw the cover back on. If you do this manipulation while the grass trimmer is just starting to stall, the revolutions will be restored and you can continue to work. If the lawnmower stalled before opening the lid, you just have to start it as it should according to the instructions.
The grass trimmer does not start after winter
What to do in this situation? No need to worry or panic. This is a very common problem, which can be solved in just 3-4 minutes. First, if last year’s fuel is left in the tank, it must be drained. Gasoline loses its octave properties already after 2 weeks of downtime. Secondly, to start the mower after a long standstill you need a slightly different way. First you need to open the choke and pump a little fuel mixture into the carburetor, then pull the handle until you feel a slight resistance. After that you can start the grass trimmer.
Lawn trimmer starts up and shuts down
If when you try to start the trimmer for grass, it starts, but immediately stops, then the cause may again be the air filter. You should take it off and check that it is not clogged with dust. If this is indeed the case, you need to clean it thoroughly or buy a new one. The problem may also be a faulty ignition coil. In this case, it is better to take the lawn trimmer to a service center.
Quality gasoline grass trimmers and manufacturers
Today’s consumer market is overloaded with a large number of models from different brands. When choosing a gasoline grass mower, special attention should be paid to Russian, Japanese, German and Chinese brands.
Gasoline lawn mowers from Germany are in good demand. They are reliable and easy to use. Russian brands are not lagging behind. Every day they are steadily gaining new expanses of the consumer market.
Getting acquainted with the device of the mower, it is worth highlighting its main nodes:
- Engine (2-stroke is cheaper, but in service difficult (works exclusively on the fuel mixture, which is prepared according to certain proportions, 4-stroke lawnmower is more expensive, but in service is simple);
- cutting element (head with a fishing line, a special knife).
These are the main nodes that make up a modern gasoline grass scythe.
What you need to know before using a new lawnmower
After buying a lawnmower, the question arises how to properly assemble this design, since many models are supplied in a disassembled form.
Here are detailed instructions on how to assemble a classic lawn mower.
- Unpack the parts and assemble the motor unit and the boom as shown in the instruction manual. The set usually includes a set of hexagonal wrenches.
- Install handle on shaft. To do this we unscrew the screws on the clamp and put the handle in it. Bicycle models are mounted so that the throttle trigger is on the right. Tighten the bolts.
- Reassemble the shroud. Install the blade (if included in the set) and screw the hood to the boom with the special fastener.
- Installing the trimmer head. Unfasten the washers on it and fix it by the side hole (pull through a thin wire or rod, so that the head does not twist). Unscrew the nut with reverse thread.
- Installing accessories. Remove the conical washer to secure the line and keep the flat washer. Then put on the reel with the cord and tighten. To mount the blade or disc, remove both washers, put the blade on and cover everything with the tapered washer and tighten the nut.
The correct way to get the lawnmower running-in
Get the engine running before you start the lawnmower. This is necessary for prolonging the life of the unit, as the mechanisms should be well lapped to each other for smooth operation. In addition, you’ll get to know the lawnmower inside out and gain the necessary skills.
Before starting the engine, lubricate the gearbox and mix the fuel in the proper proportions. How to prepare fuel for the running-in period,
How to start a 2-cycle or 2 stroke Echo Weed-Trimmer in UNDER A MINUTE!
Lawn mower with a new or early season lawn mower.
- At the beginning of operation use the following proportions for fuel mixture: 40 ml of oil per 1 liter of gasoline. It is necessary to fill the first 5 full gas tanks with this mixture and then use the standard ratio given in the technical data sheet.
- Do not run the engine at high rpm for a long time.
- Work only with the engine warmed up, do not overheat.
- Change all oil after the break-in period.
- Open the throttle to maximum the first time the engine is running.
If you follow these rules, you will get the most sparing engine run-in mode and quality lubrication of the piston group. This will ensure the longevity of the mower.
Important! At first, you may notice a small build-up of oil in the muffler that hasn’t had time to burn. This comes from its increased content in the fuel mixture. After the run-in period, change the oil-to-gasoline ratio to the standard for this model and the problem will disappear.
How to start the mower
First, prepare the fuel mixture in the proportions as specified in the data sheet. It is convenient to buy a special canister with two compartments for gasoline and oil.
Start with cold engine
- Switch on ignition.
- Close the air flap and press the fuel pump button several times.
- Put the mower on level ground and pull the starter cord gently until you feel resistance.
- Pull the cord sharply several times.
- Open the choke.
Start with engine warmed up
Turn on the ignition and pull the cord until the engine starts.
Important! Do not start the engine if the ignition is off! Do not use a fuel mixture with unsuitable proportions of gasoline and oil. Do not jerk start the engine more than 5 times if the choke is closed.
How to wind the filament on the mower
Winding new cord onto the spool is a fairly easy process. For your work you will need a roll of new fishing line of the right diameter and shape, a knife for trimming and safety gloves. The following is a diagram of how to replace the fishing line on a spool with 2 tendrils, as this is the most common version.
- Cut 2-4 meter length of fishing line (the length depends on cord thickness and manufacturer’s advice). Do not use longer cords, because they will not turn as well and will be pulled harder when mowing.
- Remove the trimmer head from the mount (each model has a different way of fixing. special locks or nut-hub) and disassemble it. Carefully place all the pieces side by side without losing anything.
- Wind the line onto the spool. There are 2 types of spools: with or without a spacer.
Spool with spacer
- Fold the line in two and put the fold over the groove in the spool. If you do not have one, simply cut the cord in two along the line bend and secure the ends in the holders.
- Thread the ends into the grooves on each part of the spool.
- Start winding the remaining length of cord to one side.
- Leave 20 cm on the ends and place them in opposite directions, pulling them through the special holes.
- Cut the cords to the right length in half.
- Pinch the ends of the line in the bobbin case or put them through the slots in the spool.
- The direction of winding is indicated on the bobbin, in which direction the cord must be wound. Wind it on without letting it get crossed over on the spool.
- The ends are separated on opposite sides and inserted into special slots. Diameter should be identical.
Important! Buy the brand name cord that is recommended for your mower model. It is stronger than cheaper brands and will last longer. Also pay attention to the diameter of the holes in spools with divider beads so you can find the right line. Do not wind the line tightly, but let it run freely during operation.
To wind the line on a spool with 1 cutting end, the line should not be folded in, but 4 pieces of line should be prepared for mowing heads with 4 cutting edges. Winding scheme is the same as described above.