How to unscrew the clutch on a chainsaw.
Removing and replacing the clutch of the chainsaw
Types of malfunctions do not depend on the chainsaw model, since the structure and principle of the clutch operation is the same on almost all modern power units. Chainsaw operators know that a slight problem from this node requires immediate active actions. The breakdowns are inevitable, since the clutch collides with not the most intensive operation of the tool with a large load. Often problems are related to:
- The wear of the node as a whole (it may burst the spring or the mechanism will begin to slip);
- Damage to the spring (the chain will rotate, the engine to work, but unstable);
- Sticks formed on the clutch fist due to a large load or overheating (it is enough to listen to the node during its operation, an extraneous noise indicates a malfunction).
Whatever the reason for the poor work of the coupling and related components, you need to dismantle the clutch to carry out its repair
Please note that repair work does not always give the desired result, so sometimes you need a clutch replacement on a chainsaw. All of the listed manipulations can be “crank” yourself, without turning to the specialists of service centers for help
How to remove clutch on a chainsaw?
It is not necessary to consider instructions for such a type of work for a single model, because for everyone one universal is used, which allows the dismantling of this unit on modern benzo tools.
If there are any distinctive nuances, then they relate to separate traction details. For example, some brands create one spring with two sections in the design of this node, which must be taken into account when the component is completely replaced (it must be replaced when the spring is damaged, due to which the circuit will rotate, and the engine will demonstrate unstable operation).
Removing a clutch from a chainsaw with HOMEMADE tools
To dismantle the clutch, we adhere to such an algorithm.
- We dismantle the entire headset. Also remove the cap placed on an air filter and clutch.
- Manually stop the crankshaft so that it does not rotate. It is more convenient to do this, using a rope that is threaded through the candle hole, while removing the candle itself. Do not forget that for this you need to reliably fix the piston in one position. Alternatively remove the starter cap and entrust a couple of bolts into the rotary mechanism of the ignition system.
- With the help of a special key, which is usually included in the tooling of the tool, unscrew the clutch (you need to unscrew with movements against the course of the clockwise). No need to be afraid to make efforts, usually the fasteners of this node on modern chainsaws are strong.
- Remove the drum and the leading star.
After that, you can install new spare parts (which needed to be replaced). Twisting fasteners, we make movements along the time of time. Do not forget about the crankshaft where the starter is placed. It needs to be stopped.
When assembling, we adhere to the same algorithm of actions, but in the reverse sequence.
By screwing the knot manually, use the brake of the SAW ELREANT to fix the handle. Tilt the tool forward, try to start it, remove the unit from the brake.
Speaking about the complete replacement of the clutch, do not forget that experts recommend changing the knot after two replacements for the guide. You need to take into account when servicing couplings and such nuances:
- On some saws there is a washer located in the gap between the clutch and an asterisk (sometimes a motor and asterisk), this must be taken into account during repair work;
- Disassembleing the tool, dismantling the clutch, try not to damage the special spring of the oil pump (the drive of this node), do not try to put it in its original position, otherwise this will cause the causes with the supply of lubricants.
Before operating the saw on which the clutch was repaired, check the unit for the serviceability of the engine, the reliability of fixing the bolts, test the lubricant system.
Clutch repair: process nuances
With independent maintenance of clutch couplings, you need to know that:
- Several saws have a puck that is located between an asterisk and a clutch, and an asterisk and a motor. Consider this when repairing;
- The special firing of the oil pump drive should not be damaged during disassembly, and is also subject to return to the original position. Otherwise, the chain will not receive a lubricant or even cease to be lubricated.
The tool that has visited the repair must undergo a check for the reliability of bolted screeds, the supply of lubrication to the circuit and the serviceability of the motor (it should smoothly turn on and work smoothly). Only after that can it be operated.
How to change a clutch on a chainsaw?
The owners of the chainsaws probably asked more than once. How to change the clutch on the chainsaw? On most models of chainsaws, dismantling and clutch replacement can be easily performed manually by the owner himself, on a small number of models, unscrewing the drum can only be done in the workshop (such chainsaws include, for example, Husqvarna 137 or Partner 351).
In this review, we will learn how to independently remove and change the clutch on a chainsaw, when to do it and what tools may be needed.
Block: 2/7 | Summer characters: 578
Chainsaw. How to unscrew the clutch.
Often colliding with breakdowns caused by the invalid actions of the instrument owners when unscrewing the clutch. How this is done in general terms described in the article
This task is faced every time when there is a need to remove the leading star and (or) clutch of the chainsaw.
On the network you can find a lot of video and text material on this issue. If desired, all this is easy to detect. It is always useful to look for the desired information in the) of the user’s corruption to the tool.
Each model of saws has its own characteristics in the implementation of this procedure. Therefore, we describe this process from a general ideological position.
How to Replace the Clutch on a Chainsaw
It is necessary to remove the brake cover of the quapi brake. First, pull the brake handle over yourself. This must be done so that the brake tape does not touch the clutch cup. How to remove a chainsaw clutch. One. In order to remove the clutch on the chainsaw. How to remove clutch on a chainsaw: Stihl, Husqvarna. Then weaken the two nuts holding the lid. Loosen the mechanical chain tensioner. Loosen the tension of the chain and tire. Then finally unscrew the two nuts and remove the brake cover of the quapi.
How to remove a clutch of a chainsaw replacement on a Chinese chainsaw How to remove a clutch on a benzo saw How to Remove Grip on Benzo Pila how to remove a clutch and asterisk from a Chinese saw as. Remove the tire and circuit, remove the pollution, if any.
Turn the spark plug from the cylinder candle.
How to disassemble a chainsaw clutch. Next, it is necessary to fix the piston in the cylinder. To do this, rotating the clutch, we observe the movement of the piston up. In most cases, as soon as the piston blocks the exhaust hole for the exhaust gases, lower any suitable rope into the candle hole in an amount sufficient to obstacle the movement of the piston further upward. You can, to enhance the effect on the rope, impose simple nodes. Remember that then the rope will have to be pulled back. So don’t miss its second end
Now you can unscrew the nut on the clutch. The most important thing is to remember: left thread, in order to unscrew it, you need to rotate the key clockwise. The key is suitable as a tool that comes with a saw. On the example of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, we will show and tell how we unscrew the clutch on. It is not recommended to unscrew the clutch with a chisel and a hammer. Sobbish the face. This is an extreme measure.
Next, remove the clutch and a drum with a leading asterisk.
Assembly is carried out in the reverse order.
Some nuances should be known:
-on some models drank (in particular on the Stila-180) between the clutch and a cup of the leading star can be a puck
It is important to remember which side to clutch it is installed. The puck can stand between the engine and the very thicket of the leading star. It is also important to remember how it stood in order to subsequently install it back in a similar way
It is also important to remember how it stood in order to subsequently install it back in a similar way On some drives of oil pumps, a peculiar spring is installed, called the “mustache”
The meaning of its existence is explained by the fact that this very end clings to the oil pump drive at one end, and the second end to a special hole (groove, drank) in the lower part of the clutch cup. And thereby transmitted rotation from the leading star to the oil pump drive
It is very important that when installing a leading asterisk, this mustache will fall into the corresponding hole (groove, drank) on the stars’ body with its free end. If this does not happen, the oil pump will not supply oil for the saw set. The consequences will cost expensive
How to remove clutch on a chainsaw. Therefore, be careful when dismantling and installing a leading star. After installation, it is necessary to check the supply of oil to the circuit. You can read about this in the instructions for the tool
The consequences will cost expensive. How to remove clutch on a chainsaw. Therefore, be careful when dismantling and installing a leading star. After installation, it is necessary to check the supply of oil to the circuit. You can read about this in the instructions for the tool.
When you need to remove the clutch
Dismantling of adhesion for the purpose of removal is carried out in such cases:
- When the spring burst (the chain is turning, the engine works with interruptions);
- A spring flew;
- A piece of the drum broke off (in this case, the noise will be heard, the chain of the chainsaw will also spin);
- Temporary wear (it is time to remove and change the clutch due to the development of the resource).
Modern chainsaws operate on two.Stroke engines, which are connected by a gearbox with a saw chain. The chain moves along the tire, and according to the centrifugal principle, work at idle should remain in immobility, that is, to be safe for the one who holds the chainsaw.
If the load shown on the tool exceeds the recommended, then the clutch will weaken or completely stop transferring the torque to the tire. This will lead to engine stop. In the event of such situations, the clutch wear out, so over time it needs to be replaced. In the operating instructions for the chainsaw, some manufacturers have information that the clutch is a consumable part, that is, it is subject to periodic replacement.
Removing and replacing the coupling with your own hands according to the instructions
Far from how to remove the clutch on a chainsaw is known. The constructive performance of mechanisms on different models of chainsaws differs, but the principle of operation is the same everywhere. The dismantling procedure is also practically identical, so then we will consider how to unscrew the coupling on a chainsaw with an internal location.
Initially, you will need to prepare the necessary tools:
- A special key called a puller. He often comes with a chainsaw
- Screwdriver screwdriver with which the protective casing is attached
- Candle key. Used to unscrew the fastening of the casing and tire (it comes with the tool)
- Rope. In order to lock the crankshaft. It is better to use asbestos, but for this purpose any. The rope is used in case a special stopping key for the piston is not attached to the tool
If dismantling is performed for the purpose of replacement, then accordingly you will need to prepare a new mechanism in advance. When buying a new coupling, you only need to know the exact brand of the chainsaw, since the devices differ in the outer diameter, thread and design of the working mechanism. Instructions on how to remove a clutch clutch on a chainsaw has the following view:
The procedure is not at all difficult, and does not take much time. The assembly is performed in the reverse order of removal. In order to avoid any malfunctions, it is recommended to set a fully identical adhesion on the corresponding model of the tool.
It is interesting!Similarly, the procedure for removing and replacing the clutch for all brands of chainsaws of Husqvarna, Partner and others is performed.
There is no such thing as “adhesion adjustment”, but other nodes are usually regulated, such as a carburetor, fuel system, starter or coupling. In order to adjust the clutch coupling, you need:
- Change the puck, which is located between the engine and the star or in other models between the drum and an asterisk;
- A stretched spring located in the node cannot be pulled out, so you need to change it to a new. If you continue to saw with a defective spring, then the lubricant will not enter the chain, and this will lead to a breakdown of the tool.
Chain chainsaws, for various reasons, from time to time need repair. Of course, you can contact a service workshop or to experienced mechanics. However, many problems can be eliminated at home, having only a minimum set of skills and tools.
Answering the question of how to remove the clutch from the chainsaw, we note that this is not a complex operation, if you adhere to the technology of disassembly exactly. The owners of the instrument may face certain difficulties if the chainsaws are used for a long time, and the clutch details have cooked to each other.
When replacing clutch, we do not recommend using metal or plastic objects as a stopper. The former can scratch the cylinder, the latter can litter it.
Centrifugal clutch of the chainsaw
- We turn on the brake of the circuit stop, remove the protective cover and dismantle the saw headset;
- We remove dirt, sawdust, dried lubrication, if any;
- Remove the air filter and the nursing;
- With the help of a candle key, remove the candle;
- Rotating the crankshaft, we bring the piston to the top point, then take it by 6-9 mm;
- Rope, with a diameter of 7-8 mm, stop the piston in the upper position;
- We unscrew the nut on the clutch with a special key-shooter.
Most of the moving parts of the chainsaw have right.Sided rotation. Therefore, in the nut on the clutch, the left thread is provided. Remove the lid, you need to rotate the key by clockwise. It is forbidden to carry out this operation with a hammer and a chisel. You will have a limit!
Removing the clutch nut
- Remove the lid and leading star. Diagnose the malfunctions and evaluate the wear of the details. We evaluate the condition of the needle bearing;
- If necessary, we replace the parts with new ones (the leading star needs this most often);
The installation of the clutch system of the chainsaw is carried out in the reverse order, however, you should pay attention to some features.
How easy and easy to remove the flywheel from the chainsaw without having a special puller
The flywheel is planted on the crankshaft quite firmly and many do not know how it can be removed without a special pull.Up. But there is a way and I will tell you about him. On any chainsaw in order to get to the flywheel, you need to remove the starter. I will show on the example of a chainsaw STIHL MS 180.
After removing the starter, unscrew the candle and install the safe stopper of the piston. You can read more about him here.
Further, using the head of 13, weaken the nut nut nut. It is not necessary to twist completely, it is enough to loosen for several turns.
Now we need two hammer, or a metal blank ideally made of soft metal. I use a small hammer without a handle, so in my opinion it is more convenient. We instruct the hammer as shown in the photo.
Next, with the help of the second hammer, apply a sharp blow. As a rule, one blow is enough and the flywheel flies from the crankshaft. If the first time it does not work can be repeated. You can not worry about the thread, t.To. The blow is transmitted through a nut, which is wound on almost all the turns.
But actually the reason why I needed to remove the flywheel. The key was cut off on it, apparently the nut was tightened not to the end or weakened in the process.
In the following publications, I’ll tell you more about why I cut the key and how the chainsaws behave with such a malfunction, so
Subscribe to the channel so as not to miss and do not forget to evaluate the publication and share it with friends. Source
- How to put the spring on the chainsaw clutch
- How to disassemble the saw to remove the clutch. How to remove and change the clutch on a chainsaw with your own hands
- How to adjust the carburetor of the chausopila Husqvarna. Husqvarna 137 chainsaw carburetor adjustment
- How to put a chain on a saw. How to choose a chain for a chainsaw – recommendations of experts