How to wind the fishing line on the spool of the Champion grass trimmer
How to tuck the line into a Champion grass trimmer
Warranty run out of the factory trimmer for grass trimmer inevitably requires a change of fishing line. Having a very rough idea of what it’s really like to tuck the line into the spool trimmer for grass without the help of others, newcomers do not take up this matter willingly. But with some ability to learn this simple science is not any difficulty, and presented below a similar annotation is very easy This widespread rumor process.
First, to wind the fishing line, you must remove the spool (bobbin, bobbin) from the grass trimmer. certain actions will depend on the difficulty of configuration and type of the product itself:
- Small electronic grass trimmers with the working arrangement of the motor and spool at the bottom, you have on both sides of the reel side buttons. When pressed there at the same time, the higher part of the spool along with the internal contents for winding the fishing line is detached, although the lower part remains on the trimmer. Disassembling the bobbin is better to create on a smooth even place, that included a spring does not pop out and do not get lost;
- Electronic and gasoline grass trimmers with a curved bar without the ability to install a knife, you have a special spool wing: a similar design should be one hand to hold the bobbin in an immobile position, and the other counterclockwise to twist fixing the bobbin on the rod nut, wing nut. After loosening the nut, the entire reel can be removed.
- electronic and petrol grass trimmers with the possibility of installing a knife on a straight shaft (for example, STIHL grass trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. To immobilize the rod in this hole is inserted screwdriver as it is also called another suitable object and with a leisurely rotation is achieved in such a reciprocal placement when the screwdriver goes inside the hole, and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with left-hand thread) and removed from the grass trimmer.
How to wind a fishing line onto a grass trimmer or brushcutter mowing head
For the second and third versions of reels, depending on their design, they are disassembled by different methods. For reels with a drum, the drum is unscrewed, for reels with latches, the latches are pressed and one part of the reel is released from the other. If the bobbin halves are threaded together, it is sufficient to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
Hastily completed disassembly of the spool spool without losing its parts allows you to proceed to the main task. winding the fishing line into the spool. Technological features of the bobbin design and the number of working tendrils determine the sequence of operations.
The simplest option and the easiest sequence of actions:
- Size of bobbin and length of unique factory winding determine the recommended length of line for winding. 25 m.
- One end of the line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the bobbin.
- The line is wound on the reel in the opposite direction to the rotation of the bobbin on the trimmer device. you, on the inside of the reel an arrow marks the direction in which the winding is carried out.
- A small section of fishing line is left free for its withdrawal outside. it is fixed in a special groove on the inside of the bobbin, created to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin in working condition.
- The leftover end of the fishing line is passed through the hole on the outside of the bobbin.
- The halves of the reel are assembled and placed on the trimmer bar.
In this type of bobbins should find the number of grooves for reeling the line lying on the inside of the bobbin:
Обзор катушки для триммера (Быстрая заправка)
How to change the line in the Champion T266 trimmer
For both cases, take a length of fishing line of 2-3 m. In one-cable spools line is pulled through the through hole, its ends (tendrils) are put together and leveled, then spooled to the opposite side to the bobbin rotation direction on the rod. inside there is an arrow which marks a correct winding direction. In the presence of fixing grooves line ends are fed through there or otherwise held by the fingers of a free hand, put through a hole in the outer half of the bobbin, the bobbin is locked and attached to the rod trimmer products.
The difference of line winding in double-groove reels is that at first a piece of line 2-5 m long is folded in half (to determine the middle fold), and the loop of the fold is inserted in a special groove between the grooves. Both fishing line tendrils are wound on their own groove, the fixation of tendrils and spool assembly is similar to the above version with one groove.
The first performance of this process, and you, and seems long enough and labor-intensive, but with time and experience, this task will be solved much more quickly and easily.
The video below clearly shows how to tuck the line into the trimmer reel for grass and true wind it. this operation is not any difficulty and with some patience will certainly succeed furtur:
Champion Help Center: Straight-Shaft String Trimmer Assembly and Starting
There is a kind of spool, where automatic mechanism makes winding up without help of other person. The fishing line is fed through the hole on the inside of the case, its tendrils are fed through the hole on the outer case without winding, the bobbin is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the line is wound inside without assistance. With such a bobbin is unreal to do winding by mistake: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, as it can spin in one direction only.