How to wrap a fishing line for a trimmer in a trimmer for grass. Trimmer coil for grass with one osmus
How to change a fishing line for a trimmer in a trimmer
Trimmer for grass is the most common unit used to cut grass and cut small shrubs. This device is distinguished by its simplicity in maintenance, simple management during operation, and even women cope with it even a small weight. It is no secret that for the high.Quality performance of herbal mowing work, the correct selection of a cutting tool is required. As the latter in trimmers, special cutting nozzles (wheels, knives) or trimmer heads with fishing line inside are used. Nozzles and a fishing line for a trimmer are a consumable tool, but if the knives can be sharpened, then when spending the fishing line you need to replace it. In this article, we will tell you in the most detail how to correctly replace the fishing line for the trimmer.
A mowing head for grass is a cylindrical case in which a coil (bobbin) is inserted with a fishing line in it (cord). This design can be installed both on gasoline and electric trimmer. The heads differ in the method of refueling and supplying the cord and there are 3 types.
- Automatic. The cord is supplied after the user reduces engine speed. Although the automatic supply of the fishing line is convenient if large volumes of work are performed, such rods have one drawback. A large thread consumption.
- Semi.Automatic. Using this type of head does not require complicated manipulations from the user. The principle of their operation is arranged so that the cord is automatically lengthened at a time when the device works at full speed. It is enough to slightly hit the trimmer’s head for the grass on the ground (this removes the cord lock), and the fishing line for the trimmer, due to the centrifugal force, moves out of the bobbin, after which it is cut to the desired length with a knife located on a protective casing.
- Manual. For lengthening the cord, the device is required, after which the fishing line for the trimmer is handed out manually.
Based on the above, semi.Automatic bobbins are the most optimal option. It should also be borne in mind that the coils for a trimmer for grass are one.Built (used only to trim the grass) and two.String, which are used to mow high grass and small, with thin stems of shrubs.
First of all, to wind the fishing line, it is required to remove the coil (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer for the grass. Specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of product itself:
- Small electric trimmers for grass with a working location of the engine and coils in the lower part, as a rule, have side keys on both sides of the bobbin. With the simultaneous press on them, the upper part of the coil, along with the internal contents for winding the fishing line, is disconnected, while the lower remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to analyze the bobbing in an even smooth place, so that the spring does not jump out and not be lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers for grass with a curved rod without the ability to install a knife, as a rule, have coils with a special lamb: in such structures, you should hold the spool in a fixed position with one hand, and rotate the fixing bobbin on the bar with a barack’s baracks. After disconnecting the nut, the whole bobin is removed.
- Electric and gasoline trimmers for grass with the ability to install a knife on a straight rod (for example, trimmers for STIHL grass) have a hole. For the immobility of the bar, a screwdriver or another suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bob is fixed. After that, the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with the left thread) and removed from the trimmer for the grass.
For the second and third cases, the coil, depending on the design, are versed in various ways. In the bobbins with a lamb, lamb is twisted, in the reels with latches, latches-fixers are pressed and one part of the coil is freed from the other. If the halves of the spool are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them with your hands in the opposite directions until they are completely developed.
Autocut braid head
The two.Stringed model is designed for mowing and clearing the territory. Its four.Stringed modification is suitable for trimming in obstacles (stairs, walls, thresholds, borders) and processing large areas. Differs from the previous design by automatic adjustment of the length of the cutting strings. Right during operation. To supply the stock of fishing line, touch the lower edge of the mowing head to the surface of the earth. This will weaken the cord lock, and it will advance under the influence of centrifugal force.
On a trimmer for grass gasoline, 2 types of engines are installed: two- and four-stroke. The first cheap, powerful, but for refueling it is necessary to prepare a mixture of oil and gasoline of the A92 brand.
The second type is more expensive, but less “capricious”, they are installed on professional tools. They are 1.5 times more economical than two.Stroke analogues, work quieter, create less exhaust gases. Fuel is poured separately, the level of vibration is lower than in cheaper samples.
The choice of fishing line
In order to easily wrap a fishing line for a trimmer to a trimmer coil for grass, it is worth deciding on what tasks the garden tool will perform. The thicker the thread tucked into the head, the more difficult the tasks that it can complete. It should be noted that a universal thread is often used, the width of which does not exceed 2 mm. You, in turn, can decide on the size, using the following methods:
- Get acquainted with the information set out in the instructions from the manufacturer;
- Check the suitability of the fishing line for use on your own, trying to insert it into the coil hole;
- Study the spool for information about diameters allowed for use.
Selection of fishing line for refueling a trimmer for grass can be carried out by engine type. So, for example, an overly thick thread can affect an increase in rotational resistance. Because of this, the load on the engine will increase, which will certainly affect the quality and timing of its further operation.
Avoiding negative consequences is easy. To do this, it must be borne in mind that for electric motors with a power of up to 500 W, a fishing line for a trimmer with a diameter of up to 1.2 mm is ideal. If you cannot get such a thread, you can use the cord by 1.6 mm. A thread with a diameter of 2 mm, in turn, is used for engines with a power of more than 1 kW. It is worth noting that the cord for 2 mm is often used for winding on a bent mower. If the gasoline device has a straight shaft, the thread should be used 2.5 or 3 mm. The thickest fishing lines are installed exclusively on devices, the power of which is equal or exceeds 1.3 kW.
The last, but no less important factor is the type of fishing cross section. When choosing it, it is worth focusing on the tasks set before the garden tool. There are several demanded cross.Sectional options:
- Twisted-has a small margin of safety, which is why it suits exclusively for young grass;
- Substitute. Is characterized by sharp edges suitable for working on overgrown weeds;
- Round. The most common section. Such fishing lines cope well with fresh grass, but they are not suitable for shrubs and dry ones;
- Rectangular, square and star type of cross section-due to low strength, are used to work on lawns.
The most durable and universal cord is a two.Component fishing line for a trimmer with a round cross section, inside which the core is located. It is this thread that is suitable for the majority of work. It must be remembered that the use of fishing fishing line, ordinary wire and other third.Party materials as a cord pose a danger to others.
All about the replacement of fishing line with a trimmer head
There are many types of heads that are designed for different types of fishing line. The latter is also available in several diameters: from 1.0 mm to 3.2 mm. At the same time, its section is round (including with a special groove to reduce noise), square, twisted and in the shape of a star.
There are no clear preferences, and this explains the wide variety of forms and diameters in the market. The round shape is usually stronger, but has a worst cutting ability, in addition, when rotation, it makes a characteristic sound. Therefore, sometimes they make an acoustic groove, however, the use of this fishing line makes sense only on battery trimmers, in machines with gasoline and network drive, the sound level of the drive itself practically drowses the sound from the fishing line. The square has a good cutting ability, and despite the fact that such a fishing line for a trimmer is less durable than round, on average it is consumed less. A square fishing line for a trimmer quite easily cuts the shoots of the same Ivnyak up to 1 cm in diameter. The star has the maximum number of cutting faces, mows best and is the fastest consumed.
The next nuance when choosing is stiffness. The fact is that in the production of nylon, a modifier (often maleine anhydride) is added to it, which improves its strength and prevents gaps. However, modifiers are not the cheapest component, they are trying to save on it. Therefore, it seems to be a good fishing line for a trimmer that remained for the winter, in the spring unexpectedly behaves completely differently. It breaks, stops going out normally from the reel. There is a recommendation to soak a fishing line for a trimmer in water before work, but I do not see much sense in this, malein anhydride interacts with water, but if it is not enough in the nylon, then there will be nothing to interact. Therefore, it makes no sense to stock up on fishing line for a long period of time, a breakdown or constantly torn fishing line for a trimmer, which also does not want to leave the reel itself, can significantly complicate the work.
How to remove a fishing line for a trimmer
To replace a fishing line for a trimmer in a trimmer, remove the head cover. To do this, press the fingers of the latches of fixers located on both sides of the lid, and pull the lid up. Access to the coil will open. After that, pull it out, pulling up the axis on which the coil sits. If the ends of the fishing line stick out from the holes of the head, then lift the coil along the axis and pull the remaining fishing line from the holes of the head. Now the detail does not hold anything and it is easy to remove and remove the remaining working thread.
The coil is divided into two parts by the central partition with a neckline. Different models of cobs differ in size, so you need to check how much you can wind the fishing lines on the bobbin. Its length ranges between 1 and 4 m.
Milwaukee Quik-Lok String Trimmer. (Your Doing IT WRONG DUDE!) Here is a tip to make life easier!
Instructions with a step.By.Step description how to wind the coil of a trimmer for grass and lawn mower
In order not to make a mistake with the choice of a suitable fishing line for your tool, you should first disassemble the head and look at the side wall of the coil. This information is usually presented on a tip, which will not allow us to make a mistake using the appropriate equipment.
If the information on the coil about what diameter the fishing line for the trimmer can be refueled, then this information can be clarified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the equipment, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways for this, but not for all they are applicable. Consider both methods in details, and already depending on what models and trimmers you use, you are determined on your own which option is suitable.
It is interesting! The principle of how to wind a fishing line for a trimmer for a tip of motorcycles is appropriate not only for autonomous benzar groups, but also for electric trimmers.
Block: 5/8 | Summer characters: 933
At the next stage, we wrap the fishing line for the trimmer, making sure that each end is in its groove. When wound. The ends of the fishing line must be temporarily inserted into the side grooves.
Echo SRM 225. Replacing the Trimmer Line
Then we insert the coil into the head, put the lid on top, straighten the ends of the fishing line so that they leave the grooves, and then fix everything on the latches.
Details about how to wrap a fishing line for a trimmer to the head of a trimmer for grass, you can watch in the author’s video. This review is prepared on the basis of video from YouTube Hotsem channel.