Is it possible to make a vibrating table with a grinder
To have a good idea how to make a vibrating table with your own hands, you must first make a drawing. After that you need to start preparing the materials for the equipment:
- For the table top 14 mm thick plywood can be used. Such a table will operate without excessive noise and due to its low weight will give good vibration. If a sheet of metal is used, its thickness can be 5-10 mm. This material increases the life of the table. If you use a sheet of 4 mm thick, you need to weld the stiffeners in the form of angles to it.
- You need to prepare the metal 50×50 mm corners that will be welded along the perimeter of the table top. They are necessary to ensure that the forms with the tiles did not fall during vibration.
- A channel, to which you will attach the motor.
- Metal pipes for the legs.
- Tubes for the base.
- Metal plates to form the bottoms.
- Springs. Length 113mm.
- Bolts for springs or cups.
- Engine. For a small table is enough power of 700 watts at 220 V. If you plan to use the table frequently, you need to select the motor capacity within 1.2-1.5 kW.
Start with the wooden bars of the base frame, and use metal fasteners in the form of angles/plates to make the wooden structure more solid.
Then the rails must be fastened at the base of the frame from the inside. This should be done to support the movement of the rollers. Guide corners should be fastened to each other to create an overall structure on the base of the wooden bars that are installed across. To be able to reduce the vibration level during operation, six to eight shock absorbers should be mounted between the corners.
To fix the electric drive, which can be an electric drill/jigsaw/saw, it is necessary to calculate a certain area equal to the diameter of the drive, which must be located at the top of the base frame.
After the support frame is installed, the chute must be secured, which can be made of plywood or metal. The sifted substance is fed into the collection compartment using the installed chute. Plywood trough is easier to install, and the metal trough is more durable in operation.
Next, install the structure for the sifting, which has two boxes. one box with a set grid is inserted into the second. In the bottom part of the outer box it is necessary to fix the furniture rollers, which allow the movement of the boxes on rails. Drawers must be fastened together with a piano hinge on one side.
The diameter of the mesh in the grid determines the granularity of the bulk material for screening. It is necessary to install the grid on the frame with the help of a metal band complete with self-tapping screws.
The electric drive must be connected to the outer box with a spring to provide a smooth oscillation of the sifter. On the basis of reciprocating motions, the loose material is sieved by the screen installed and goes into the collecting compartment. It should be noted that the more power has an electric drive, the larger diameters you can make the construction of the vibrating screen for sifting large amounts of bulk material at a time.
The beauty of the shaking concrete unit is automatic operation. But sometimes money is tight, there are no tools or materials, and the sifter is also missing. In this case, you can build a tolerable unit from improvised materials, which are available in every garage.
You need a wooden board, slats, a hammer, nails and 2-3 car tires.
- String the laths along the perimeter of the board to prevent the containers with concrete from moving out.
- Put the tires one on top of the other, put the shield on top of the top one.
- Place the molds with the concrete mixture on the board.
- Tapping with a rubber mallet on the edge of the board cause the vibration.
Tools and materials
Before you begin to create a vibrating table for the manufacture of concrete and other products, it is worth thinking in advance about what materials to use for this and what tools you may need.
Metal is the basic material for the table, intended for the vibrating molding. It is best to use sheet material with a thickness of 0.3 cm or more. It is desirable to take into account that the larger will be the area of the table top, the greater thickness should be preferred.
Angles or channels for the bed. It is important to remember that for the table all of its main elements must be metal, because the specifics of work call for it.
Metal springs, which will ensure the mobility of the vibrating table. The size of these elements should be chosen so that they correspond to the weight of the finished device and the load of the poured molds.
A welding machine will be needed to connect all metal parts.
An electric drill and a set of drills designed for metal to make holes of the required diameter.
angle grinder with metal cutting disc and sanding disc.
Measuring tape or ruler to quickly and accurately make all necessary measurements.
Wrenches for attaching with bolts.
Bolts to attach the electric motor to the table.
Primer, enamel paint or other anti-corrosive to prevent rust.
Fastening to the floor can be represented by several options. First, using cement mortar and special recesses. In this case, sheets of metal are welded to the ends, and then deepened by 100 mm. Secondly, using anchors that are poured into the floor. It is to them that the table is attached. This option is convenient in that, if desired, you can easily detach the unit and move it to the desired location. The third method is fixing to the tires, which involves mounting them on top of each other. To make such busbar construction stronger, you can connect them inside with bolts. And even the motor can be installed in the tire, if you place it on the bottom of the work surface on the channels.
The vibration motor for domestic use is often chosen with low power. The easiest way is to use the motor from a 220 watt washing machine. It is enough to ensure normal operation of the table with the dimensions of 70×70 centimeters.
For larger installations with dimensions of 180 by 80 centimeters and for production of large quantities of products it is necessary to look for other motors, for example, with higher frequency of oscillation of IV-99E type. Such electric motor should be connected to a dedicated line using a wire of a special cross section. As a rule, the power consumption will be 500 watts. You can also use single-phase models, which differ in power, nominal voltage, service life.
If desired, it is also possible to create the vibration drive from an ordinary electric drill. It is taken as source of vibration waves and is attached to a piece of fixture, fixed in a vice.
Sandpaper for scraping before painting.
Metal tubing for spring cups.
The simplest design
Making a vibrating table is impractical if several cinder blocks or slabs have to be made. To compact the construction mixture in the mold you can use a simple construction. To do this:
- Fix the spring elements on the surface. These are rubber pads, springs, car tires, etc. д.
- Place a board of wood or metal on top.
- Placing molds with the construction mixture.
- Create oscillating movements of the shield. Tap the surface with a hammer to do this. Intensity of oscillating movements increase with the drill in the peorator mode. The power tool chuck is placed against the backboard to transfer the vibration.
So it is possible to make the content of the mold dense enough without using a vibrating table with an electric motor.
How to choose?
The quality of production works and functional characteristics of the equipment directly depends on the right choice of vibrating table. Experts highlight the following indicators, which should be paid special attention to.
- Working surface. Vibration table should quickly process the declared surfaces of different sizes and shapes, so before buying equipment you need to consider the size of the main table top. Also pay attention to the material of the working part. Manufacturers produce such devices of ferrous metal, aluminum or stainless steel.
To work with the equipment was characterized by ease, it is necessary to choose the vibrating table with additional sides.
- Control panel. The remote control allows you to increase the functionality of the equipment. With its help, the operator of the device can set the time of work, turn off the vibrating table, or change the characteristics of the amplitude and vibration.
- Vibrator. The main requirement regarding the internal vibrator is the presence of uniformly distributed vibration, which increases the efficiency and productivity of the equipment. The mains power supply is usually chosen from 220 V or 380 V, depending on the characteristics of the electrical network.
In order to provide the device with the highest possible performance, special attention should be paid to such indicators as the design properties of the eccentric, the place of attachment of the main drive and the configuration of the working platform, depending on the declared power.
Where it is used?
Flat grinder vibrating machine is used in the workshop or during the repair, restoration of surfaces. The mobile platform in the process of its work is in contact with the material, removing the top layer from it. The tool grinds materials of varying hardness and strength. Artificial and natural stone, polymers, wood, metal are amenable, providing removal of scaling, impurities (carbon deposits, rust, scale). In the economy, the use of vibratory plates is quite diverse.
With their help it is possible to perform the following actions:
This is just a small part of those works, which successfully cope with modern tools for grinding.
Assemble with our own hands an electric vibratory plate 220V
Home masters perform construction work as economically as possible. In this case, a preassembled homemade tool helps. Accessories for it are usually selected from improvised materials.
In recent years, assembled vibratory plate with its own hands with an electric motor is in demand. It is used for laying paving tiles, ramming shallow soil, in the process of laying the foundation.
The main components of the vibratory plate design
Before making a vibratory plate with your own hands in the garage, you need to prepare a diagram or even make drawings to scale to simplify further assembly. The main components in the design are such parts:
- frame frame;
- base metal platform;
- electric motor;
- transmission system;
- management unit.
The base plate is selected from thick-walled steel plate or ductile iron, so that the material will not collapse during operation.
This is aided by the relative toughness of the metal and minimal brittleness. Categorically not allowed for the assembly of cast iron of dubious quality with a large number of cracks or casting cavities.
When working with sand and gravel mixes, it will be destroyed by external influences.
Sheet metal with the greatest thickness will be needed to make the sole and weight for the eccentric
It is important to initially have the correct geometric dimensions of the base, because if you make a vibratory plate with their own hands in accordance with this rule, the site will be self-cleaning from the buildup of soil. The area is also chosen optimally, without unreasonable increase. The small work surface facilitates quality compaction of the site.
The popular blueprints show a fairly simple construction of a homemade vibratory plate with electric motor. According to the kinematic scheme the vibrator is based on a platform, and an electric motor is mounted above it.
V-belt drive or a coupling sleeve is used to connect these elements together. In fact, the motor provides the rotation that is transmitted to the vibrator, and it further forms the oscillating process.
The simplest diagram of a vibratory plate
The resulting energy is transferred to the plate and from there to the soil to be compacted. When compacting for installation of paving tiles or for other purposes, the particles of material fill the hollows in the embankment. The result is a dense, even surface.
DIY Vibrating Table with Washing Machine Motor
Types of vibratory plates used
Homemade constructions assume the presence of a power unit that provides the basic work. Three types of engines are often used:
Diesel engines are suitable when a great deal of force is required all the time. They are not justified in domestic conditions. Although it is not uncommon to find a vibratory plate from a motorblock with a two-stroke motor installed.
Apparatus with a gasoline engine, like the previous designs, are self-contained, but extremely noisy in operation. The engine for them is chosen economical with a few watts of power.
The recommended engine power. 1.5-2 kW at 4000-5000 rpm. Less power will not give the desired speed of the shaft, respectively, the vibration force will be insufficient
The optimal solution for many turns out to be an electric vibratory plate with their own hands assembled. It is enough to conduct electricity to the place of work on the site and you can start tamping soil. The absence of exhaust gases during the process is a positive factor.
By classification, it is customary to divide the products into several groups:
The first group is appropriate for processing the area around the house, where a layer of not more than 15 cm is supposed to be pressed. Universal topical for processing 25 cm. Heavier machines are designed for 50-60 cm.
The larger the layer to be compacted, the heavier the machine must be
It is important to choose the right motor for the vibratory plate. After all, too weak model on a massive plate will sink in the layers of soil. The optimal ratio is considered to use 5 liters per 100 kg of weight.с. or 3.7 kW.
Preparing the required kit
To make a vibratory plate at home or in a garage, you do not need to look for any rare or expensive parts. In the process, such tools will be in demand:
- welding machine and a pack of electrodes 3 mm in diameter;
- half-pound hammer;
- angle grinder with metal discs;
- set of wrenches and screwdrivers.
The components for the machine will include such a set:
- Square motor with the ability to plug into a 220 V household power grid. A new vibrator for the vibratory plate will be quite expensive, so it is recommended to buy Soviet units at scrap yards or flea markets. Sometimes masters even mount motors from old washing machines, but the disadvantage of this method is the lack of ability to regulate the vibration.
- Sheet metal thickness of 8-10 mm. The area is chosen taking into account the fact that the edges will be bent. The optimal parameter for domestic conditions is 50×80 cm plus an allowance for bending. You can find the sheet at metal warehouses.
- A pair of 80 mm channel bars or pieces of building profile, which will be welded across the structure. They are needed to fix and hold the electric motor.
- Metal pipe with a diameter of 20 mm. Its length is calculated based on the height of the user. A handle for an average height will be optimal 120 cm, so you will need about 3 m of workpieces.
- A set of hardware for fixing the motor, including bolts M10-M12, nuts for them, and obligatory spring washers to minimize the influence of vibration.
Reduce the impact of vibration on the operator with the help of installed extras. Often the automobile suspension elements are used for this purpose. Without them everything will work, but the operator will get tired faster.
Step-by-step algorithm of the vibratory plate assembly with your own hands
The initial step is to prepare a base plate of metal sheet with an angle grinder and a welder.
We measure 10 cm from the front and back edge and make a notch angle grinder to half the thickness of the sheet 4-5 mm. By means of a hammer or a hammer we bend on this line of preparation approximately on 30-40 degrees.
These skids will reduce the likelihood of burying the platform in the ground, and allow you to move the installation in the right direction.
The cuts should be reinforced by welding. We use electrodes to form an internal stiffening rib, fixing the bend in the desired position. Arrange the channels across the stroke so that their approximate axis corresponds to the spacing of the engine mounts. Weld the bars to the inner surface.
There are two ways to mount the motor. In the first case, you drill holes in the channel for the bolts to go through them. In the second case, bolts are welded to the channel and the motor is placed on top. This method is considered more reliable, but requires very precise observance of interaxial distances.
When installing the electric motor on the site, it is worth knowing that the Soviet IV-98 models have an internal eccentric for the vibratory plate. It can be adjusted to the optimal parameters of the vibration force. We tighten the nuts, putting the dowels under them beforehand.
The critical stage is the mounting of the handle. For damping of vibration on it silent blocks from domestic or foreign cars are useful. L-shaped elements are welded to the bent part of the platform. On them we put the rubber elements, through which the handle will be connected.
At home we can assemble a model weighing 40-50 kg. This is enough to compact 10-12 cm of soil.
At continuous work of the self-made machine some parts of the electric circuit can overheat, that’s why it is necessary to use RCD.