Oil for two-stroke trimmer engines how to dilute
How a two-stroke engine is lubricated
In 2019, there are two types of two-stroke motors where the piston system is lubricated independently.
- The liquid is fed directly into the combustion chamber through a special nozzle. In order for the unit to work effectively, it is sufficient to pour the fluid inside a separate reservoir. There is OIL or a drop-shaped symbol on the tank lid.
- Lubricant comes with the fuel. For normal engine operation, it is necessary to fill the tank with a mixture of fuel and lubricant.
How to dilute gasoline with engine oil
Ready compound can be stored for no more than a month, so before breeding it is important to calculate the approximate consumption, taking into account the volume of the fuel tank and the planned work time.
When the mixture remains in the tank, it is again stratified into components, so every time you must produce all the fuel or drain the excess.
- Prepare tools: large syringe or measuring cup, clean and dry canister and funnel.
- Measure and pour in the required amount of oil.
- Add gasoline.
- Close the canister tightly and shake it well in order to mix the liquid.
Do not mix the mixture directly in the fuel tank.
How to Mix Oil and Gas: The 2-Cycle Engine Fuel Recipe
Make sure that no sand, lint, or other debris enters the open containers during fuel mixing, as this could be harmful to the engine. It is also important to follow safety procedures when working with flammable substances: do not smoke and do not stay near open flames or sources of strong heat. It is recommended to wear gloves to protect hands.
Procedure for mixing in large-volume canisters.
If you have to mix fuel frequently, you can prepare a marked container in advance:
- Pour a volume of water equal to the required amount of gasoline into the canister;
- mark the level on the outside of the canister with a marker;
- add as much water as you plan to refill the oil;
- draw a second mark on the surface;
- drain and dry the canister.
Now all that remains is to pour the liquid to the specified marks, without the need to measure the amount of gasoline and oil each time.
Do not store the mixture in ordinary plastic canisters. it will dissolve the walls. Plastic particles will get into the liquid, worsening the fuel composition, moreover there is a risk of leakage of the mixture and even accidental ignition.
Mixture proportions for different types of equipment
The ratio of oil per liter of gasoline depends on the engine power and type of device. Learn the exact value from the manual. the exact observance of the manufacturer’s recommendations will prolong the “life” of a chainsaw, grass trimmer or scooter.
During the running-in period of the two-stroke motor, the proportions of fluids in the fuel will differ.
Approximate value of the proportion depending on the power of the internal combustion engine:
- motorcycles from 10 l. с 1:20 (1:15 for running-in);
- power tillers. 1:30 (1:20);
- chainsaws. 1:40 (1:50);
- grass trimmers and lawn mowers. 1:50 (in any case)
Calculation of the proportion of the composition
General formula for calculating the proportion: 1:x 1l/x1000.
For example, if you need a 1:50 ratio, 1 liter : 50 1000 = 20 ml. It turns out that for 1 liter of gasoline you need 20 ml of lubricant.
If the desired value is not in the table and you do not want to calculate the proportions manually, you can use special online calculators.
How to understand that the mixture is not composed correctly
You can determine that the ratio of liquids in fuel is not suitable for the engine by the following signs:
- there is soiling in float chamber and carburetor channels;
- layered deposits can be observed on the parts of the fuel system;
- oxidation is noticeable on the walls of the carburetor;
- elasticity of rubber elements is deteriorated.
2 STROKE OIL MIX any ratio and any quantity EASY
If any of these symptoms occur, the fuel mixture should be reconsidered.
How to choose an oil for a two-stroke engine
How to use. 2T oils are sold concentrated and ready to use. Ready-to-use lubricant is already diluted and immediately poured into the fuel canister and thoroughly mixed. Concentrated formulas are diluted beforehand strictly according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Type of Basis. When choosing a lubricant for 2T engines, it is necessary to go by the manufacturer’s recommendations. If synthetic lubricant is recommended for a particular unit, it should not be filled with mineral, and vice versa. Also consider the mileage of the engine. Worn-out engines often use mineral oil because of the large amount of fouling, while modern new drives with metering or injection systems use synthetic fluids.
Purpose. Choose only special oils for two-stroke engines. Do not use greases for diesel or four-stroke gasoline engines. These oils contain a lot of additives that will quickly put the equipment out of service.
How to mix 2 Stroke fuel small engine petrol / oil tutorial demonstration 50:1 40:1 32:1 25:1 ratio
Synthetic or mineral
Motor oils are made from different base components. Products come in:
- Mineral. Base oil product. Mineral compositions are inexpensive, but fastidious to operating conditions. The viscosity of the materials is highly dependent on temperature, the additive packages contain substances that form fouling;
- synthetic. Oil base is synthesized in a laboratory environment. A package of modern lubricant additives is added to improve the performance of the mineral oil. Synthetic oils have stable viscosity-temperature characteristics, effectively lubricate and protect engine parts, but cost more than mineral brands;
- Semi-synthetic. Mineral and synthetic bases are mixed in a certain proportion. Semi-synthetics is a balance between affordable price and decent performance.
Only fill the engine with the product recommended by the manufacturer. Do not mix oils of different brands. To switch from mineral to synthetic fluid, you need to flush the engine.
Oil and gasoline ratio for two-stroke engines: instructions for dummies
Properly chosen oil and gasoline ratio for two-stroke engines will achieve the best operation of the equipment. Dilute the two fluids in different ratios. Homius editors offer simple instructions on how to dilute technical fluids for those who have recently purchased a unit with a two-stroke engine.