Preparation of the fuel mixture for a trimmer for grass. What oil to choose for refueling in…
How much oil should be poured into a trimmer for grass per liter of gasoline
Gasoline braids are fairly common tools used by owners of garden and household farms for mowing grass and hay harvesting. The more common names of the tools are the terms “trimmer for grass” and “lawn mower”. The main difference is hidden in the design of the motor. the expensive segment of the devices is equipped with four.stroke models, and cheap ones. two.stroke. The last option has advantages, including a small mass, ease of use, as well as low cost.
The most important condition for the operation of two.stroke models is the preparation of the fuel mixture, based on the proportion of gasoline and oil determined by the manufacturer. The simplified engine design does not provide a separate lubrication channel, so the engine oil is added directly to the gasoline. Violation of the correct proportion leads to a significant decrease in the resource of the tool and even to its breakdown. We will figure out which composition is required for gasoline trimmers, how to prepare the mixture correctly and what it can affect.
Selection of gasoline for a trimmer for grass
For some reason, everyone prefers to choose a brand of gasoline for motorcycles at their discretion. This is an erroneous approach, because, first of all, it is necessary to carefully study the instructions where the manufacturer’s recommendations for the choice of fuel are given. But this is also not a guarantee, since unearthly fuel can be sold under different brands (which differ in many manufacturers), which are significantly different in composition. Therefore, it is necessary to focus precisely on the main characteristics in order to choose gasoline for a certain model of a trimmer for grass.
Manufacturers of benzo-tools recommend using AI-92 gasoline brand for work, but for more expensive types you will need fuel with a higher octane number-AI-95. Any brands, in the marking of which the number 90 and less appear, is not suitable for benzos, since they lead to rapid wear. The problem develops due to unscrupulous fuel manufacturers, which are sold under the guise of 92nd a completely different brand. The following situation develops:
- The passport for gasoline equipment has a recommendation for the use of gasoline with an octane number of at least 92;
- The conscientious owner goes to a gas station, where the lowest price and with a clear conscience floods such a fuel in a motorcycle;
- As a result, the service life is reduced, since often under the guise of AI-92 AI-80 and AI-76 is sold.
To avoid such a situation, you need to select one gas station, where the proven gasoline is sold (this can be determined by the reviews of regular customers). It is also important where to fill the fuel after the purchase. for this you need to use only metal containers (plastic. prohibited).
The option is preferred when it is possible to buy gasoline for a trimmer for high.cleaning herb specifically for garden equipment. Then you can be confident in its quality and protection against fakes.
How to dilute gasoline with oil for a trimmer for refueling
Two-stroke tool engines operate due to a gasoline mixture that is prepared in the proportions indicated in the technical passport of the device. If you ignore mixing rules, a garden tool can quickly fail.
The functioning of a two.stroke installation differs from the operation of four.stroke engines: the grease of the rubbing surfaces in the crankshaft and other parts of the device is not from the crankcase, but by means of oil, which was previously divided by gasoline. For two.stroke engines, the general rule of preparing a combustible mixture is valid. gasoline is diluted with a certain volume of oil intended for this purpose.
How to dilute gasoline with oil for a trimmer for grass. step.by.step instructions
Fuel mixing occurs taking into account special proportions.
If you dilute the fuel mixture with an insufficient amount of lubricant, this will lead to the rapid wear of the parts of the lawn mower
The optimal ratio of oil and gasoline can be viewed in the instructions for the trimmer. As a rule, it is equal to 1:50, 1:40 or 1:25.
It will be forbidden to dilute gasoline with a lubricant component in a suitable container: to do this immediately in the fuel tank is prohibited. If you ignore this rule, the work of the motor can be unstable, as a result of which the tool will quickly fail. To dilute the fuel mixture, do not use plastic canists or bottles, since gasoline is able to dissolve this synthetic material. Fuel mixing order:
- Pour a liter of gasoline into the container (optimally. metal canister).
- Add half the necessary oil proportion.
- Mix the liquid thoroughly, away from sources of open fire.
- Pour the rest of the lubricant into the container and mix the mixture again.
- Pour fuel into the fuel tank of a trimmer for grass.
Work should be carried out by wearing a respirator and rubber gloves. For the convenience of transfusion, you can use the watering can. The finished mixture should not be stored for more than 3 months, it is better to dilute exactly as many fuel as you need for the work planned in the near future. Mnight mixing oil with gasoline, be sure to choose high.quality, buy it better at proven gas stations.
Proportions of oils and fuel
Calculation of the ratio of ingredients for preparing a gas station for grass should take place taking into account the recommendations on the packaging from oil. The standard proportion is 1:50. Any quality oil for two.stroke engines is allowed to use.
Without this substance, the engine will operate, as they say, “on dry”. And experience shows that this mode leads to rapid wear of the rubbing details and burning out.
The engine for the motor performs several functions:
- reduces the minimum of friction between contacting details. in fact, fulfills the role of lubrication;
- Prevents rapid wear, minimizing losses during friction;
- Dials heat, keeping the permissible temperature on the surface of the parts;
- reduces vibration, which means that it helps to reduce noise from a working engine;
- acts as a cleaning system.
Selection of oil
The first document that should be addressed when choosing an oil brand is a passport for a tool. The manufacturer not only indicates the characteristics of the lubricant, but also offers specific brands and trading names.
If there is no opportunity to contact the instructions, it is recommended to use only two options for lubricants:
- Semi.synthetic motor oils that have the average cost (slightly higher than mineral). It is carried out by the shooting of high molecular weight petroleum products, produces slightly smoke and have good protection indicators of structural elements of the motor. Can be used both in domestic and foreign trimmers;
- Synthetic motor oils that usually have the maximum cost in the assortment. This is the most reliable protection of the engine from wear, compatible with any power unit.
In addition to the fundamental type of oil, it will also be useful to read its letter marking to choose a compatible type according to the parameters. According to the European classification of the API, there are the following designations for two.stroke engines:
- That. oil for small power plants (not more than 50 cubic meters. cm.), which allows us to recommend this particular type for motorcycles;
- TV. lubricant for more voluminous engines, the working volume of which lies in the range from 50 to 200 cubic meters. cm. It is allowed to use this for motorcycles;
- TS. motor oil for serious equipment (motorcycles, snowmobiles, scooters), which involves mixing with gasoline;
- TD. lubricant for flood vehicles.
There is also a classification of the Japanese organization JASO, which in the assignment of marking has focused on the level of smoke secretion. These designations must be deciphered:
- FA. when combustible, the release of smoke is slightly and barely noticeable with the naked eye. For countries where strict requirements for emissions into the atmosphere apply;
- FB. slightly more noticeable smoke of white color, but more than in FA;
- FC. transparent smoke that is not visible at first sight;
- FD. oils that do not secrete smoke used to refuel water modes of transport.
You can also see the designations at the cans of “Self Mix” and “Pre mix”. The first option means that after adding to fuel, the mixture is not required to mix forcibly. The second option is that the gasoline-oil mixture must be mixed manually.
Using these three labeling options, just select the type and brand of the required lubricant. The question remains only in the ranking of manufacturers. Here are the most famous brands that produce only high.quality combustible materials:
- Shtil is a popular manufacturer of gasoline equipment and consumable components for them;
- Shell Helix Ultra. used for both cars and fine motor vehicles;
- Motul. a universally recognized leader in the production of lubricants;
- Lukoil is a brand of domestic production, which is not inferior in quality to foreign analogues.
It is recommended not to save in motor oil, since the uninterrupted operation of the power unit depends on this.
Warranty and Service Official Warranty in the Service Center
The power of the Huter GGT-1500TX is 1.5 kW, which, along with the features of the cutting tool (fishing line for trimmer/knife), attributes it to the semi-professional class of such devices. Therefore, the model can be used not only on dachas and suburban farms, but also in small farms. The GGT-1500TX will perfectly cope with both the mowing of the grass and the putting in order of plots with a small shrub. The weight of the trimmer for grass is 6.78 kg, which makes the issue of transportation relatively simple, including in a regular passenger car.
Advantages of Huter GGT-1500TX
- The presence of a gasoline two.stroke engine makes the device more autonomous compared to electric types of motorcycle.
- The engine is characterized by sufficiently to solve problems with power and high reliability. It is also equipped with an anti.vibration system and is easily launched into operation.
- In the design of the trimmer for the grass, a translucent fuel tank is provided, which is convenient to fill with fuel and monitor its level.
- A convenient and reliable trimmer control system is provided, located on the ergonomic handle.
- The 1500TX bar has a detachable mechanism for light and convenient transportation.
- The trimmer for the grass is easily disassembled and assembled, but at the same time in the collected state is characterized by the reliability of all nodes and fasteners.
- The model of the model receives a convenient paramedic type, glasses to protect the eyes during operation and a 40 TR dispery.
Work conveniently and safely
Of course, the operator must follow all the recommendations and safety requirements, comply with the rules of operation of a trimmer for grass. However, in addition, the manufacturer took a number of measures regarding the design of the device in order to increase the level of security when working with a motorcycle. They, in particular, include the presence:
How to Mix Gas and Oil for Weed Eater: Tips from Sears Home Services
- protective casing to prevent bouncing stones and particles of garbage on the user,
- a trigger blocking the gas so that the operator could not accidentally press the trigger and start rotation
- cutting tool when the engine is launched,
- anti.vibrational system to prevent the harmful effects of vibrating elements of a trimmer for grass on hand and other parts of the operator’s body.
Operational features of Huter GGT-1500TX
The collected trimmer for grass can now be prepared for upcoming work on the site. Preparation for operation begins with the preparation of the fuel mixture. At this stage, observe all the recommendations of the manufacturer according to the brands and the quality of the components of the fuel mixture, as well as accurately perform the method of preparing the fuel mixture, which, in reality, is not very difficult.
Since the Huter GGT-1500TX is equipped with an air-cooled two-stroke engine, high-quality oil, specially produced for the mentioned type of engine, is necessary for the preparation of the fuel mixture. According to the classification, this is API TV/API TS, JASO FB/JASO FC. It is recommended to fill in the oil that Huter itself produces under the marking Huter 2T. The second component of the mixture should be high.quality gasoline, the octane number of which is at least 92. It is strictly prohibited by the use of oils in the fuel mixture, which are produced for water cooling engines. The fuel mixture is prepared in a proportion of 1:40 (1. oil, 40. gasoline) or according to the recommendations of the oil manufacturer.
For the process of preparing the mixture, use a special measuring container. The amount of the mixture should be designed only for one cycle, so that after completion of work in the tank there are no residues of the fuel mixture (it is impossible to leave it in the tank until the next work cycle). Also, never use the tank itself to prepare the mixture, and also do not perform operations with the components of the fuel mixture near the fire of the fire and do not smoke during fuel preparation.
After the correctly composed fuel mixture is flooded into the tank, you can proceed to direct preparation of the trimmer for the grass for work. To do this, the user needs to first put on a paramedic belt and reliably, but convenient for himself, fix it. After that, using a special carbine, the trimmer for grass is fixed on the belt and is regulated if necessary. Details of preparation of a trimmer for grass for operation, see the user guide.
How to mix oil with gasoline for a two.stroke engine
The peculiarity of the operation of two.stroke engines is that the fuel is refueling into the tank along with the oil. Each refueling before the operation of equipment requires the preparation of the fuel mixture in compliance with the proportions. How to do everything right? From our article you will learn how to dilute gasoline for a chainsaw, a trimmer for grass and other garden tools.
Fuel mixture preparation instructions
For the operation of garden equipment, it is recommended to buy unhealthy gasoline. Otherwise there is a risk of engine system. Manufacturers advise fuel with an octane number not lower than the AI-90, better AI-92 or AI-95. Individual recommendations for your tools see in the instructions. At the gas station, pour the required amount of fuel into the canister. It is advisable to take a metal one: static electricity from friction does not occur in such a container, which increases the safety of use.
Buy branded oils for two-stroke engines, preferably API-TB or API-TC class. Recommended brands manufacturer should indicate in the instructions for the tool. Also consider their composition. Mineral oils are suitable for use in warm weather. Synthetic, they are less viscous and can be used even in the frost. Semi.synthetic. these are minerals with improved qualities that are universal for any season. See the temperature limit of operation on the packaging
Pay attention to the volume. It is not the proportion of gasoline and oil for a chainsaw is important, but how many fuel mixture you will need for one refueling and how often you will work as a tool
If in your arsenal, in addition to the saw, there is still a trimmer for grass or gasoline and you use this or that tool several times a week, it makes sense to buy a large canister of oil with a volume of 3 to 5 liters. For several mowing for the summer season, it is enough to take a bottle for 1 liter.
At the beginning of work with the tool, the question always arises how much oil to add to gasoline for a chainsaw or a trimmer for grass
It is important to remember that for two.stroke engines the ratio is 1:50, t.e. per 5 liter of fuel accounts for 100 ml of oil
Why is it important to observe the proportions? Excess oil contribute to the appearance of soot on pistons and candles, and its deficiency worsens the lubricating properties of the fuel mixture, which leads to the formation of bully on the piston group and increases the risk of engine breakdown.
The easiest way to follow the proportions of gasoline and oil for the chainsaw, using measuring containers. They have a scale with marks on which it is easy to navigate. Before filling gasoline and oil, make sure that the capacity is clean. Avoid getting into water and dirt. this may affect the quality of the fuel mixture. Pour the gasoline first to the required mark, then share the oil. also to the desired mark. To mix them, tilt the container several times. The liquids are quickly mixed, and the composition will acquire a uniform color, for example, green or red (depending on the composition of the oil).
It’s important to know! In no case do not use plastic bottles of drinks for storage and mixing fuel mixture. Gasoline corrodes plastic
And even if the walls of the bottle are intact, harmful components will fall into the fuel mixture, and with it to the engine. It is very harmful to the carburetor.
Guide For Mixing 2 Stroke Fuel For Garden Power Tool
It is recommended to work in gloves to protect your hands from gasoline and oil. Also do not forget about the elementary fire safety rules. Mix the liquids on the street so that the vapors of gasoline do not accumulate indoors. Do not smoke during work and exclude other factors that can cause ignition of combustible materials.
Pour the prepared fuel mixture into the fuel tank and close the lid tightly. If you have made more mixtures than you can use it at a time, squeeze it into a separate canister for storage or leave it in a mixture container. The main thing is to close the lid tightly. The finished mixture can be stored for two weeks and used for refueling without risk for the engine. The only condition. do not leave it in the fuel tank. If the tool will not be used for a long time. spent the rest completely or drain.
What will happen if you confuse the type and method of using oil?
If you pour a mixture for two.stroke in a four.stroke motor, the following will happen:
- power will fall;
- fuel consumption will increase;
- Candles will quickly fail;
- With long work, it is possible to burn the gasket, valves or the piston;
- smoke will become darker and smelly;
- Over time, the carburetor will clog, so the motor will work poorly even on proper gasoline.
If pour the oil instead of a crankcase into fuel, then in addition to the described troubles, it will soon fasten first, and then it will jam the crankshaft bearing, because it cannot work normally without lubrication. If pure pure gasoline into a two.stroke engine, then it will soon fail, because the crankshaft bearing will lose his lubricant.
If the fuel mixture for a two.stroke engine is mistakenly pour four.stroke oil, then:
- The crankshaft bearing will quickly fail;
- Over time, the work of the carburetor will be disturbed;
- quickly burn valves, piston or gasket.
The consequences of refueling with a mixture with incorrect proportions
When diluting, combustible materials are very important to observe the ratio recommended by the manufacturer Motokos. If the oils are not enough, then bulletin forms on the piston and cylinder, which sooner or later is led to breakdown of the piston ring.
Important! In addition, as a result of friction, the metal from the piston settles on the walls of the cylinder, and the engine can simply jam. This will require repair or replacement of the motor.
And with an excessive amount of oil, the piston ring is shielding, as well as the formation of soot on the piston, on the spark plug, etc.D. All this leads to strong wear of equipment and the need for constant cleaning.
Features of the gas station
In order for the mixture to be correctly distributed in the fuel system of the device, you must follow a simple instructions. How to correct the gasoline trimmer for the grass:
- Put the motorcycle on the horizontal surface so that the neck of the tank is located on top and pour the required amount of the mixture;
- Do not pour too much into the trimmer for the grass. watch how much fuel is in the upper level;
- Do not spill fuel on the ground and on the body of the tool;
- Before starting the engine, provide a safe distance to containers with combustible;
- If there was an old fuel in the tank, then before refueling a new one must completely empty the gas tank.
Two.stroke engine refueling
To refuel gasoline trimmers of this type, it is necessary to follow the already described instructions. It is necessary to strictly withstand the oil ratio and prevent spilling on the tool body. Make sure that the gas tank does not overwhelm, since in this case the motor will work unstable.
Motokos refueling with a four.stroke engine
The main difference is that trimmers for grass with this type of engine are not seasoned with a mixture of oil. It is necessary to separately fill in AI-92 and separately motor oil. General rules for filling the tank are similar to those that have already been described above.
The rules for filling the mixture in different engines
The main rule is to strictly observe the mixture ratio for two.stroke engines and not use such compounds for four.stroke engines. In addition, observe the principle of “seasonality”. after a long stay of fuel in a gas tank, drain it and replace it with fresh.
It is practical to immediately prepare a certain amount of the mixture for the future, so that later it can be quickly used. When stored, adhere to the rules:
- Keep a gasoline composition for no more than 3 months, since it is divided;
- Use to store a container that does not pass sunlight. Keep it away from the direct rays of the sun;
- Do not place the container next to the heating devices.
Preparation of the correct fuel mixture
Before starting to run the new engine of the lawn mower, you must also prepare the fuel mixture correctly. As you know for two.stroke engines, it is prepared from special two.stroke oil and gasoline, taken in certain ratios. You can find out proportions from the instructions attached to the tool, or on the labeling label. From the instructions you will also learn the recommended type of fuel, as well as the recommended type of motor oil.
Cook fuel in small quantities sufficient for one mowing grass. Use special canists made of plastic for fuel, or a separate glass or metal dishes. It is best to type oil with a medical syringe.
Having gathered to run into a new lawn mower, many are faced with the problem in the preparation of the fuel mixture. And the reason for this is the disagreement in the instructions of the tool manufacturer and in the instructions of the manufacturer of motor oils. The first recommend a 1:25 proportion. The latter recommend 1:50. Who to believe? How to proceed?
According to experts, if in the instructions for a motorcycle, manufacturers write a proportion of 1:25 or 1:30, then it is most likely a cheap tool with poor cooling, or the manufacturer does not know what kind of oil will be added to the consumer. But here it must be understood that the excess of lubricant does not affect the performance of a trimmer for grass in the best way. Excess oil does not completely burn out when operating the engine. It cokes, clogs a cylinder and piston.
What to do in this situation when running in a new tool? An ideal option would be to purchase exactly the oil that the manufacturer of the lawn mower recommends. In the case of run.in engines, when it is not possible to purchase the recommended oil, it is best to purchase a good Husqvarna two.stroke oil for the same gas tool. It costs not cheap, but there is enough it for a long time. It is necessary to interfere with it as it is written in the instructions on the bank.
Remember, it is best to use the proportion that the oil manufacturer gives. But is that proportion that is written on a spit is better to find out by experiment. If, with a trimmer recommended by the manufacturer for grass, the proportion of the engine sniffs with oil and the subteids are visible on it, then the proportion must be increased.
What manufacturers recommend?
In the photo above the oil that I use to refuel my tools. If you look from the back, then the label has information about the preparation of the fuel mixture, but it is quite blurry.
The proportion can be from 1:25 to 1:50 depending on the operating conditions and the recommendations of the tool manufacturer. Good, it means before preparing the fuel mixture for my mower I have to see the proportion in the instructions.
I have a Chinese braid, as well as many, I open a document and see the following.
Oh how. The manufacturer of my mowing sends to watch the proportion on the oil label. In general, everything is as always, some veiledly recommend using only their proprietary oil and “pull” for it in three roads. This is what STIHL does.
Others generally relieve themselves of all responsibility shifting it to the manufacturer of the tool, as in the case of my mowing.
How to fill in the finished fuel on a two.stroke motor
Many do not comply with some important recommendations for pouring fuel in the gas tank of the trimmer for grass or lawn mowing, which ultimately leads to unpleasant consequences. Consider important recommendations on how to properly fill in the gas tank of motorcycles diluted fuel from gasoline and oil:
- Prepare a funnel or watering can. Despite the large diameter of the hole of the gas tank, very often when trying to get into it, a certain part of the fuel is spilled, which enters the tool case. The fuel that came to the instrument can cause ignition when heated, so it is very important to use a funnel or a watering can
- Before twisting the cork, you should thoroughly clean the surface of the tank, since pollution can get inside, which will cause a quick clogging of the benzophilter
- Work on pouring fuel must be carried out in calm weather or in a secluded place in order to exclude the likelihood of dust and small grains of sand inside the tank
- Do not leave the open hatch of the tank for a long time, since not only small grains of sand and dust can fall into it, but also insects
- During flooding, do not inhale the vapors of gasoline, as they are dangerous for humans. When working with a trimmer, the master should use protective glasses, headphones and respirator
- Pour fuel into the tank must be before the mark. If you pour a full tank, then with screwing the cork, some will result in a non.excessive use of fuel. In this case, it is better to shorten than to pour
Given these recommendations, you can significantly extend the service life of the gasoline tool in question.
Recommendations for storing the finished fuel mixture for a trimmer for grass
After refueling a trimmer for grass, many put off the mixture remaining in the bottle until the next time. Sometimes this next time does not come soon, and stretches until next year. It is impossible to store the finished mixture for so long, since the decomposition of the oil occurs. After preparing the mixture, it must be consumed for 1-2 weeks. In addition, it is also impossible to store the tool for a long time with a fuel mixture flooded into the tank, since the effect will be similar. To prevent unforeseen circumstances, it is recommended to take into account the following recommendations for storing the finished mixture of gasoline with oil:
- Prepare the fuel mixture in such an amount that will be used. If you do not know how much fuel you use, then it is better to cook less
- If in the tank of a trimmer for grass (when the tool is hidden until the next season) there remains a fuel mixture, then it must be fully consumed or drained
- Before adding the cooked mixture to the tank, you need to thoroughly stir it
- Store the finished mixture in a tightly twisting container, as well as in a place limited to the effects of sunlight
Subject to all recommendations, the service life of a trimmer for grass will be no less than indicated in the instructions. The use of qualitative consumables in pairs in compliance with the recommendations for the preparation of the mixture in the trimmer for grass will entail a long and effective service of gasoline tools.