That you can cut a corner grinder. Removing paint
Metal cutting technology corner grind
Corner grinding machine (angular grinder), or angular grinding grinder, as it is commonly called, an indispensable and universal tool in construction, is designed for cutting and processing solid materials. But this is one of the most dangerous types of equipment, therefore, cutting metal with corner grinding and other types of material requires all safety rules.
For proper and clear work, it is necessary to purchase a tool suitable for power and diameter of the cutting abrasive circle and functionality. You need to decide for which work the tool is needed.
For home repairs, the masters can do with a low.Power corner grinder, and for professional construction you will need serious multifunctional equipment.
Low.Power units are connected to a 220 V household outlet, powerful ones are connected to an industrial three.Phase network, with a capacity of 380 V. In low.Power Bulgarians, the disk often jams, when cutting thick metals, this is dangerous because the device can break out of the hands, injure, or break the disk.
Advice to beginners to buy a corner grinder for a 125 mm disk with a capacity of 0.8–1 thousand. W and the number of spindle revolutions 10 thousand. About./min. This power is enough to cut iron.
Used for cutting metal, stone, glass, as well as with this apparatus, they make a peel, grinding and cleaning. Having fixed it stationary, it is easy to drag incisors, jail knives, etc. D.
When choosing a corner grinder, it is necessary to pay attention to that it lay comfortably in the hand. The quality and safety of work also depends on this. If possible, you should choose a model with rubber handles.
How to cut a metal corner with a corner grinder correctly
The cutting of the metal with corner grinders cannot be proceeded without obtaining relevant knowledge and some skills. The most important danger is the possibility of jamming the cutting circle in the cutting zone and its subsequent destruction. During work, the corner grinder should be held tightly with two hands. You need to conduct a cut strictly from yourself. The depth of the cut is determined by the diameter of the disk.
The cutting of the metal corner has some nuances:
- A large corner (more than 60 mm) is more handy to cut together with a partner. In the conditions of the workshop, the workpiece is clamped in locksmiths or fixed with clamps on a fixed base. The corner is laid on the surface of the supporting structure (table, box, etc.) so that the cut off the edge is hanging, and its other part lying completely on the surface of the support. The assistant must press the workpiece and slightly pull it from himself to exclude the bite of the disk. Cutting start from the edge, moving towards the rib.
- Cutting a corner with smaller dimensions (up to 60 mm) is allowed to be carried out without the help of outsiders. The cut material is laid out with support on both shelves (rib up). The separated part should be on weight and not touch the land or floor. The remaining part is crushed by the left foot (in the absence of the possibility of rigid fixation) in order to hold the corner grinder with both hands. Cutting should start with the ribs, gradually dropping down and deepening into the corner.
Subject to the correct technology of metal cutting, the separated fragment will drop down under its own weight, thereby increasing the width of the cutting zone. The probability of jamming the disk is minimized.
Safety measures when working with corner grinder
Despite the simplicity of the device, when working with an angular grinder, it is necessary to observe precautions. The working shaft rotates at a speed of 2.5 to 10 thousand. Revolutions, when processing materials, not only dust is distinguished, but also sparks. Mandatory use of protective glasses, gloves. The most important security measures:
- When working with concrete or stone in a closed room, it is imperative to protect the respiratory system with a respirator;
- There should not be flammable materials near the place of work, the room must be well ventilated;
- The operation of the tool on the stepladder, in an unstable position is prohibited;
- All operations to change the mode of operation of the corner grinding of the grinder need to be carried out only after the rotation of the electric motor is completely stopped;
- It is strictly forbidden to remove the protective casing or use a hinged equipment that does not correspond to the technical characteristics of the tool.
There are numerous cases of injuries and even the death of people who neglected these recommendations.
Recommendations when working with a corner grinder
Recommendations concern primarily the safety of work. It is forbidden to use the device in case of a number of faults:
- Cable and fork damage;
- Failure in the operation of the power buttons and latch;
- Brushes sparkle;
- Lubricant flows from the gearbox;
- The appearance of a characteristic of burning isolation of smoke or smell;
- Too loud knock, vibration or noise;
- The appearance of cracks or a breakdown of a protective shield, body or handle;
- Damage to the nozzle.
In any of these cases, you need to turn off the corner grinder, remove the fork from the outlet, fix the defects, and after that you can work further.
You can’t even try to cut the corner grinding with soft, elastic and viscous materials. For example, wood, rubber or clay. It is important to objectively evaluate the danger, and not hope that the injury will pass by. Special tools are designed for cutting soft materials.
Successfully cut a corner grinding of solid materials. A few simple tips for their processing:
- Cutting thick.Walled parts or blanks is carried out exclusively straight. Rounding is cut out by sectors.
- Working with long corners, profiles or pipes, it is necessary to cut off the hanging edge. The cut between the supports leads to the deflection of the workpiece and the jamming of the disk. You need to try to place the blanks so that they do not have to move during operation.
- After cutting profiled sheets (sheet corners), metal tiles or metal siding (metal.Bending), the edges must be treated with an anti.Corrosion coating.
- Paving and tiles, paving stones, concrete are well cut only by special (diamond) discs on stone. The tile is first cut into a small depth with light pressure, the next passage is already a full cut. In exceptional cases, it is allowed to cut these materials with a disk for the metal. But it is important to understand that it will be enough for only a few tiles or a couple of meters of a concrete wall.
- When cutting gas cylinders, care must be taken. They explode easily, so you need to reliably make sure that gas and condensate are completely removed from the cylinder. In general, it is better not to carry out such work at home.
- Highly waterproof wheels in ceramics are suitable for cutting glass or mirrors.
- Wave and flat slate cut through stone discs without unnecessary effort. Then it is possible to avoid chips and it turns out even cut.
When working with any materials, you must first make an accurate markup, determine the action plan, and only then proceed to cutting.
Corner grinder is an indispensable assistant in the household and at large construction sites. With its help, you can process any solid material by spending a minimum of time and effort. In order to gain initial experience and subsequent successful work, the tool should follow simple security tips. The main thing is to observe safety requirements at all stages of work.
Safety precautions when cutting a corner grinder is a way to protect yourself from injuries and injuries. Do not neglect the rules whose effectiveness has been proven in practice. Mandatory elements when working with a corner grinding are:
- Protective glasses (pulling outwater from the eye is not very pleasant, and no one wants to lose sight);
- Protective headphones;
- Dense clothing covering all parts of the body.
How to remove a threaded cup wheel off a Metabo edge grinder.
- In no case do not cut metal without a protective casing. A torn disk can fly anywhere. In this case, neither glasses nor mask will save. Tested tests showed that a torn disk is able to break through a motorcycle. History remembers many tragic cases, do not forget about them.
- Have your body so that it is not on the same line with the disk. Even in the case of his break, he will fly past you.
- If you cut a metal product located on the ground, then place the corner grinder between the wide.Arranged legs. An example in the photo.
Features of work with porcelain tiles
Porcelain material is of particular strength and reliability. After all, it is made of natural stone. To cut porcelain tiles without chips, as well as tiles, you need to use thin segmented disks up to 1.5 mm thick with intense continuous diamond spray. This will reduce the probability of overheating.
Features of cutting different materials
Corner grinder is used to process various materials. Starting from the type of product, select suitable nozzles.
Important! Corner grinder is not used for cutting soft, elastic or viscous materials.
Tree processing requires a number of rules from a specialist.
- The surface of the floor is covered with a film or material from which the dust is easy to assemble.
- Old coating is removed from the product.
- A protective casing is put on a corner grinder.
- The circle is kept at a slight angle to the processed surface. Back-setting movements, without pressure.
For ceramic tiles, a disk with diamond crumbs is used.
- The tile is laid on the table and fixed.
- The first to make an incision of 1.5 millimeters at low speed.
- At the end, the tiles are transferred to the edge of the table and broken along the line.
Corner grinder is a suitable tool to cut reinforcement, rounds, pipes, corners and other metal products.
- The disk is chosen based on the type of product.
- Work is carried out with small breaks. It is not recommended to cut continuously for more than 5-7 minutes.
- The blanks are securely fixed.
- To cut the thick profile, use additional cooling of the disk. The cut is carried out straight.
- They do not have strong pressure on the corner grinder. Excessive effort leads to faults and clip of disk.
- Grinding heads are used to process the edges.
Glass is prone to the appearance of chips and cracks, so it should be cut with particular caution.
Stone (artificial or natural)
To work with granite, marble, concrete products, brick, a segmental disk with diamond spraying is used. For high.Quality cut of stone, an abrasive in size in the range from 50 to 1600 μm is better suited. According to FEPA from F220 to F16.
Two techniques are used to cut stone. Wet cut and dry. Everyone has its own advantages and disadvantages. With dry cut, the material begins to dust, with wet. Gives more dirt.
Note! In case of long.Term work, it is recommended to use wet cut. It gives additional cooling the disk, reduces the amount of dust received.
Other types of materials
When processing other types of materials, it is recommended to adhere to general safety principles. It is necessary to choose the right nozzle and install the processed part. Only after that they move on to cutting or grinding.
Types of abrasive circles and nozzles for corner grinders. Which we use in work
2.One.One. Cut.Off circles
The name here speaks for itself and the purpose of the disk is intuitively clear. If you saw at least once, you will not confuse. Circles of this type are potentially most dangerous for the operator.
To cut off exactly you have to look into the cut plane with a risk to get a fragment in the forehead, if the cut.Out circle falls into fragments. Below there will be a photo of excellent adaptations that allows you to level this annoying drawback.
2.One.2. Grinding circles
Designed for grinding surfaces. Welders use it to clean the weld from slag. Visually looks like a very thick detachment disc, but naturally not. We’ll talk separately about marking separately.
2.One.3.One. Circle of petal (petal)
Has a characteristic ribbed surface.
Stripping paint off hardwood with a 4 inch grinder
It does a great job with pendric work and grinding of flat and end surfaces.
Not abrasive circles, but I would like to mention these indispensable things when processing hard-to-reach surfaces, for example, the inside and angles of the P-shaped profile.
It is extremely desirable to work with roller nozzles on grinds with a speed control regulator, as a superhumine angular velocity in this case is not needed and only interferes. Gives strong vibration and knocks out the tool from the hands.
The rapidly-intended abrasive material is fixed on a special base of the grinder using Velcro and serves to eliminate small defects.
2.2. In size
Look into the instructions for the angular grinder and read which disks you need to purchase. The size. The outer diameter of the disk depends on the size of the angular grinder for which it is intended and can be:
115 mm. The most portable option. It is usually acquired for grinding work, TK cut depth with a new cutting disk does not exceed 30 mm. In this case, the disk in the work wears out and its diameter will be even smaller.
125 mm. Popular and most common option for the range of work-dacha. A successful combination of compactness and power with a low weight angular grinder. On sale a wide range of circles and nozzles for this size.
180mm, therefore, an angular grinder designed for an abrasive circle with a diameter of 150mm is referred to highly specialized and not the most practical for the widespread use of power tools.
180 mm. Copes with relatively thick metal structures and pipes of large diameter.
230mm. For household needs, it is rarely required, but aptly. Not suitable for finishing work. Very convenient for processing large arrays of stone: cuts concrete beams, stone, brick. Differs with an impressive cut depth of up to 70 mm and the ability to clean the surface of a large area. The average weight of such Bulgarians about 5 kg imposes obvious physical restrictions.
The thickness of the cutting disk from 1 to 3.2 mm. It is difficult to give unequivocal recommendations for choice, here everyone decides on their own based on standing tasks and personal preferences.
The thinner the cut.Out disk is the easier to saw, but faster than the wear of the working surface (more often you need to put a new disk) and for some reason on the forums often write that the probability of destruction during disk skew (the worst), but according to my observations, the thin disk is more flexible and more flexible and more flexible and more flexible and more flexible and more flexible and more flexible and more flexible disc and more flexible and more flexible disk “plays” due to reinforcement.
The smaller the diameter, the higher the working turning of the corner grinder. For example, the angular grinder 150 and 125 differ not only in the size of the protective casing, but also with gear numbers of gear pairs. The use of a disproportionate disk, for example, from 150 for an angular grinder of 125mm is strictly prohibited!
2.3. On the processed material
2.3.One. On metal or concrete
The inscription (“Steel”. A disk according to steel, “concrete”. Concrete). In our case, the inscription is duplicated in Russian and English. Color (blue. According to steel, green. In concrete), sometimes a graphic image of the material is found.
Never use saw wheels for wood to work on a corner grinder! Recently, this far from the most successful idea could be realized only by individual craftsmen who fired homemade spacers for installation on a corner grinding of a disc from a circular saw.
Today you can find on sale metal detachment circles for wood work, which are constructively suitable for your tool in the landing inner diameter, which creates the illusion “The manufacturer knew what he did”, but not a single resuscitation doctor will agree with this.
People get the most terrible injuries when using a corner grinder in a chainsaw mode. When it hits the bitch, a blade of disk occurs, an angular grinder in a split second is pulled out of the hands with a flight along an unpredictable trajectory. Here is a similar case, only the role of the bitch was performed by a nail.
My comrade decided to cut the already installed panels of the wood.Fiber slab, which arched from dampness. Premmed disklarpy disk on an angular grinder.
The first two panels drank normally, on the third panel came a tiny clove (finish) corner grind. Result. A knee torn in the trash and disability at 20 years old.
Quote from the Price-Altai forum.Ru
Important! Saw a tree only benzo, electric, circular saw or hand hacksaw. In this case, refuse the universality of the corner grinding in favor of your own safety!
Why is it impossible to cut a metal tile and corrugated board
The answer to this question is the knowledge of the structure of these materials. How they are arranged: they consist of thin sheet material, the surface of which is covered with special compositions of the protective type. When cutting a corner grinder, and it occurs at high speed, this type of coating is destroyed. Subsequently, this will lead to corrosion at the site of the cut and to reduce the life of. In addition, waste products, inevitable cutting satellites will spoil the outer surface. Therefore, it is necessary to perform such work with sparing methods, for example, using a hacksaw.
In the video you can see how to properly and safely work with a corner grinder:
We ask for those who perform work with a corner grinder, share experience in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев to the text.
- Corner grinder for what is needed. Types and design features of angle grinders
- Is it possible to cut glass with a corner grinder. How to cut off the potato glass – in simple words about a complex process
- Small corner grinder what a disk diameter. Selection of cutting discs
- Which corner grinder to choose for home. Makita GA5030