The chain on a Partner chain saw is not lubricated
Try troubleshooting with a Partner 350 chain saw
The oil pump has a special regulation. Chainsaw chain lubrication is ongoing when the machine is running. That’s why chainsaws last a long time.
During operation, the chain requires a constant supply of lubricant. A continuous supply must be ensured. This is required by the design of the device. When the chainsaw is running, oil leaves the bar groove and is instantly absorbed by the sawdust.
For this reason, the chain lubrication is automatic. Some chainsaws are equipped with a system that regulates the exact amount of lubricant fed. The cheapest units are equipped with a hand pump, which is operated by a drive unit located on the handle.
Checking the chain lubrication system.
Specially developed oil for good chain lubrication. It decomposes quickly after use, so there is no disruption to the ecological system. Brand oils can also be used:
Transmission lubrication is absolutely not suitable for operation. It freezes during the winter and the oil system becomes blocked and must be thoroughly cleaned.
Chain lubrication needs special attention in winter. Gets thick and resembles vaseline in extreme cold. For winter operations, it is therefore necessary to lubricate chainsaws with a special winter oil of a thinner consistency.
It is not always possible to buy this kind of grease. To solve the problem, diesel fuel is mixed with oil, the viscosity is reduced. However, if the previously filled oil remains in the crankcase, the addition of diluted oil will not have a positive effect, the system channels will remain clogged. There is only one way out. warming up the chain saw in a warm room.
If there is not much solidification in the chain oil, you can try to melt it by running the saw at low idle speed.
Partner 350 chainsaw. model specifications
The Partner 350 saw has good factory specifications.
Specifications of this popular model include:
- power. 1.7 l. с.;
- maximum shaft rotation speed. 130000 rpm;
- fuel reservoir capacity. 400 ml;
- the volume of the oil reservoir is 200 ml;
- the recommended length of the guide bar to be used is 35-40 cm
- 3/8″ chain pitch;
- Weight of the saw with the chain-saw. 4.8 kg.
The Partner 350’s low weight and small size allow it to be used at great heights without requiring the operator to take additional precautions. This permits the chainsaw to be used for felling to clear dry branches from tree trunks.
Features of the chainsaw
This model is in great demand among consumers, but most often purchased by gardeners to work on their plots. Use this chain saw not only for firewood preparation, but also for construction. In general, they have compact dimensions. They are equipped with a sufficiently powerful motor. Their main advantages are easy start and reliable operation, thanks to the high-quality electronic ignition system and the fuel pump.
It is completely safe to use this chainsaw. It has a built-in safety system that automatically performs the start of the inertia brake for the chain. It is also lubricated in the same mode.
Partner will not have any problems with starting the chainsaw, even in winter, because it has a fuel primer. The starter drum is equipped with an impeller to clean the dirt. In addition, the manufacturers have put the device in the CCS system. This design traps residual particles and is also used when the air filter is used for a long time.
Developers, in order to extend the life of the chain saw on the piston group cylinder, made chrome walls. This model also has an ergonomic handle and anti-vibration system.
Algorithm and description of the disassembly process
If your Partner 350 chain saw needs to be completely disassembled, the first place to start is with the compressor to clean it. Next, the chainsaw assemblies are removed in the following order:
After the first disassembly is complete, we will clean the chain saw again with a compressor, i.e. к. there is already access to the air ducts, which in most cases are heavily contaminated with wood dust.
In the next step, it is convenient to remove the air filter housing and the carburetor Partner 350.
After removing the carburetor, the cylinder intake window should be plugged with a rag, it will prevent foreign objects from getting into the engine crankcase.
The muffler can be removed after removing the carburetor or after removing the engine. The exhaust port is also covered with a rag.
This will require the use of a piston stopper, placing it in the spark plug hole.
The clutch on all Partner 350 chain saws unscrew the clutch in the direction of the chain travel in order to prevent the chain from unscrewing during cutting. The flywheel nut has a standard thread and is unscrewed with a 13 head, counterclockwise.
After removing the clutch, you will have access to the oil pump, which must also be removed.
The last step is to loosen the screws on the engine and remove it from the housing.
Instructions for removing the flywheel from the crankshaft
To remove the flywheel, you’ll need to use a special puller, but most craftsmen use a soft metal tapping block. к. With its help, the removal process is much faster.
The essence is that the flywheel nut is unscrewed until it is level with the plane of the shaft, then with a hammer and a mallet, installed on the nut, one sharp blow, the flywheel is removed from the shaft.
The method is somewhat barbaric, but time-tested and recommended by many craftsmen as the most practical and reliable.
Signs of a faulty lubrication system
The right choice of consumable lubricant and flawless operation of the system, contributes to full lubrication, effective cooling of the saw equipment and the complete working out of its resource.
There are several external signs that the chain on a chainsaw does not lubricate. First of all:
- A constant oil level in the reservoir;
- increasing the load on the engine;
- accelerated wear on the cutting edges of the saw links;
- a characteristic smell of overheated wood.
At its simplest, oil starvation can be caused by sawdust clogging the oil ducts. This disadvantage is typical for budget sets that do not have easy access to problematic areas.
Read also: The main components for the production of ferrous metals
If the chain is supplied with too much oil, not only when the saw is running but also when idling, it may be necessary to adjust the oil manually (if the pump is designed to do so). This is done with a screw on the housing near the guide rail, usually at the bottom or side. Tightening the screw reduces the oil flow, loosening the screw reduces the oil flow. If the adjustment does not help, you need to check the serviceability of the pump, as well as inspect the bar. perhaps in the place of its connection with the body formed a gap, through which the oil flows past the chain.
Read also: Yellow wood screws dimensions table
Lack of oil can be caused by several reasons, each of which has its own solution:
- Oil pump malfunction. As a rule, it lies in the unserviceable gasket. In order to replace it, you must carefully disassemble the pump so as not to damage its moving parts. Next, a new gasket is installed, and then the pump is assembled and reinstalled.
- Oil hose breakdown. In the case where the pump gasket is good, or its replacement did not lead to the result, you should check the tightness of the hose. If it is faulty, you need to replace it. Otherwise it is not superfluous to clean it and fix it with sealant.
If the cause is not a pump malfunction, inspect all openings and passages for obstructions, and if necessary clean them of foreign matter. You can do it with a blast of compressed air.
You don’t want to mess with your chainsaw, but need to adjust the oil flow? Have your chain saw checked and repaired by our specialists. If necessary they will do all the necessary repairs and adjust the lubrication level. Your saw will be as good as new!
It is not enough to know how to solve problems with a loose or torn chain, because it is always possible to prevent it. Proper care of the saw helps to prolong the life of the device and its parts. That is why it is advisable to follow expert advice:
- Clean and oil the air filter regularly. You need to change the filter periodically.
- Before you start any maintenance work, always make sure all nuts and bolts are securely fastened. That way, you won’t have any malfunctions while you’re working.
- Lubricate both bearings and sprocket.
- Clean the spark plugs regularly.
- Lubricate, sharpen, tension the chain in good time.
A quality chain saw with proper maintenance and timely repair can last longer than the warranty period.
When the chainsaw chain moves, a great deal of heat is generated in the bar groove as a result of friction. If the chainsaw chain is not receiving oil, you must stop work and take all measures to correct the faulty lubrication system. The combination of heavy loads and overheating leads to accelerated wear and early failure of the bar.
- All chainsaws and their electric counterparts without exception have the same operating principles that are used to lubricate the bar, saw chain and actuator parts.
- This device includes, as standard, a reservoir from which chain oil is pumped to a fixed- or variable-flow pump inlet.
- The dosed amount of working fluid then enters the bar groove, where the saw chain shanks distribute it evenly over the whole bar and the working surface of the drive sprocket rim.
Tires with a length of 400 mm or more are fitted with a sprocket wheel. Periodic lubrication of the bearing is done individually after 6-8 hours of operation.
The main problems with the oil supply
There can be two types of chain lubrication problems with the chainsaw:
- Insufficient oil flow, which can be caused by various reasons. If something is not done in time the quality of operation will deteriorate noticeably and the chain itself may even become unusable.
- Excessive oil consumption. In this case puddles of oil can form under the saw after extended periods of use. This not only affects oil consumption, which will have to be constantly topped up, but also has a negative impact on the environment.
Both of these problems should be corrected as soon as possible after they are detected. This will extend the life of the saw and reduce lubricant consumption.