The end saw from an angle grinder with their own hands
Grinding saw from angle grinder with my own Hands
Circular saws are similar in design to circular saws above the work table. Its main advantages are compactness and low weight. That’s why saws are used not only in workshops, but also on construction sites. Often, self-made tools are quite bulky not heavy. They are easy to operate in stationary mode.
The crosscut saw is designed for the single task of trimming the ends of lumber at different angles. Due to the fact that at the time of cutting the workpiece on the table is stationary, the cut turns out neat not clean. Masters who deal with the processing of wood, more trust this particular tool. And self-made saws have been successfully used for years.
Materials and tools
The easiest way to make a homemade cutting machine from the angle grinder and grinder, which can use circles of different diameters. Choosing the angle grinder used, it is necessary to remember that models that can work with discs larger than 150 millimeters in diameter, are versatile in their use, and such a machine can cope with the processing of various sized lumber. The optimum power output angle grinder is 800 watts or more.
Bed and bracket is easiest to perform from the metal angle, which is welded or riveted to the mounting. The quality of fixation of the angle grinder should be paid due attention, because later when processing materials it is on the available mount has an increased load, which can lead to breakdowns of the pendulum mechanism.
Circular saw from an angle grinder
reliable design, which depends entirely on the convenience of work, has a stationary coping saw from the angle grinder. Such a home-made circular saw will be able to make a cut of wood strictly at the right angle.
To make a circular saw from the angle grinder with his own hands, you will need:
- Fasten the angle grinder with a circular saw blade on the movable bar strictly perpendicular to the working surface on which the wood will be cut;
- The bar itself, by means of a bolt, is fixed inside wooden posts, which in turn are securely attached to a small base by means of metal corners.
- Be sure that the top of the structure should be securely protected by a metal cover.
As materials for making a sliding bar and working base for a stationary circular saw, you can use thick sheets of plywood and wooden bars. However, more reliability and safety, of course, will have a circular saw with their own hands from metal corners.
Saw from various scrap metal
It is quite a weighty tool on a metal table. To work with it, you need to put some effort. But in the end the facing is gradual, without pushing, easy.
- electric motor 0.9 kW;
- a strong spring;
- Welding machine;
- angle grinder.
The frame is made of guide rails, angles, bedposts. The plane of work is a sheet of metal: we drill a hole in it, finish cleaning the ends with a file. The pendulum rack is welded from a channel placed on a sheet of metal, its height is approximately 0.8 m. The stand for the electric motor is made in the form of a plate put on hinges.
Advantages and disadvantages of the home-made models
- Factory products have a margin of safety and warranty, and self-made designs are usually made of some unnecessary things.
- Trimmers of their own making are rarely powerful enough, because high-quality spare parts are needed to make them work better.
- Sometimes the money saved on the purchase of factory-made machines is spent on improvements and self-made repairs.
- Professionals often put their lives in danger, because, saving money, do not equip the device with protective structures.
- Factory options have a scale that details the angle of the wood cut. On your own device is difficult to make such a device.
Of course, when there is a work experience, and you do not want to invest a lot of money in the purchase, you can make such a machine by yourself. When you buy a saw for him, take into account:
- Buy a device with a guard that must not only cover the blade at rest, but also during operation.
- Choose the weight and size of the device taking into account your own purposes. With a volumetric interaction will be more difficult, you will be tired after half an hour of activity.
- Consider the convenience of the saw, so that you can work comfortably with it.
- Observe disc diameter (max. 0.2 m). Examine the size of the cut. when cutting large parts you need to choose a larger size.
- Make sure that the rotary block and the bed are of good quality.
Setting and adjusting the tool
Every chainsaw, regardless of brand and model, needs a tuning procedure. This is like the first maintenance. The main thing required of the saw is angular accuracy at an incline and with a twist. Any saw can be refined, improved, and upgraded. Remove all add-ons and extensions, such as clamps, from the tool. You will need a scalpel or small knife with a non-bending blade. Casting is accompanied by burrs that should be cut away if they interfere with maintenance.
- Lift the saw assembly. Remove side support.
- On some saws it is not at right angles to the bed. Stopper touching the base at two points. The bases of these points must be vertical surfaces. If it is not straight due to an uneven coat of paint or burr, grind the base surfaces. First cut away the flak, if there is any.
- Grind on a disc machine or sandpaper. Lay it on the table and lapping the stop in longitudinal motions.
- Make a small chamfer where it touches the base. To hide the chips that inevitably arise during sawing. This is to ensure that the chips do not interfere with the proper angle of cut.
- Set the stop in place. The stop mounting holes are made oblong for adjustment. When setting, it can be moved back and forth and rotated.
Swivel locking knot
Face saws have two kinds of limb. One ruler is a removable element. It is not removable on the other, and the dial itself has slots for frequently used angles.
The fixing rod is tapered and does not fit completely into the limb slots.
How to fix an arbitrary angle
There are situations where you need to put an angle that differs by 1-2 degrees from the fixed value. When such an angle is set, it tilts and locks the value we don’t want. To prevent this from happening, you need to tighten the locking knob while the key is pressed.
Set the angle to 90 degrees horizontally
Most often, users apply an angle to the disk and the base. This is the wrong way for three reasons:
- debris may have fallen into the tooling during installation and the tooling may not have been installed properly;
- The disk itself turned out to be deformed;
- when we apply the angle to the tool, a light load is enough for the disk to swing a little.
Prepare a piece of plywood, a thin rail, a 10 mm thick rail and double sided tape.
Setting up for tilted cutting
What motor to choose to make a circular saw
Every owner would like to have a device for working with lumber in the garage, in the cottage, in a private home or when repairing a city apartment. But even a handheld circular saw costs from 10,000. In this article we will talk about how to make a circular saw from a motor from a washing machine, which has served its time. This home-made power saw, assembled by own hands at home, is able to saw out boards of five-centimeter thickness. It weighs just over 20 pounds and can easily be transported in the trunk of the car.
A circular saw always comes in handy at home: in the country cottage or in a private home. But not everyone can afford a good expensive tool, and a cheap analogue quickly fails. Way out. to make a circular saw with their own hands. For example, you can make it out of the motor from an old washing machine, which is a pity to throw away, and takes up space.
A working motor from a washing machine should not gather dust in the garage. Even a home handyman can find a use for it. We will tell you how to make a homemade circular saw from a washing machine motor.
Such a tool will help to saw firewood, master carpentry work
However, be careful: careless use of a homemade machine can lead to unpleasant consequences. Therefore, you must be fully confident in your abilities before you take on the job
For a 350mm disc you need 1kW power to start. A disc with a diameter of 170 mm will require about 500 watts. That’s why you can use a motor from an old washing machine.
In a washing machine, the speed is controlled by a tachometer, which controls the control module. But it is not possible to connect the module to the circular saw, so install a voltage regulator. Use the wiring diagram for proper installation of the motor.
You know what kind of motor you need and how to connect it. Now consider the circuit diagram of the circular saw construction.
The main load will be on the moving parts. This is:
- You don’t have to take the drive belt from the washing machine, you can use other belts. The main thing is that they should have serrations, like a V-belt.
- On the small pulley you need to make flow grooves. They will cling to the belt during operation, which will avoid slipping.
- A larger disc is welded to the larger pulley to keep the belt from coming off.
- To mount the circular saw, use a shaft, where it is mounted, as well as a washer and nut, with which it is secured. It is advisable to pick up or take this set from the factory so that the disk is fixed as securely as possible.
Creating the design, you need to take into account that it is designed for a three-hundredth disc. Of course, self-made circular machine is only suitable for domestic use. Therefore, try not to overload the motor.
Often such machines are stored in the yard, outdoors, so protect the electrical part from getting wet.
The frame is made of 3mm thick metal sheet. Before you make the frame, prepare a 30 mm metal angle.
As shown in the photo above, the craftsman has installed the frame in homemade pipe stands. Now it is possible to adjust the height of the device. However, it is recommended to make a one-piece frame by welding pieces of angle between each other. Strong vibration over time loosens the bolts and other elements.
Read more: Zanussi Washing Machine Doesn’t Run Causes
Keep in mind that the mini circular saw differs in size. It’s much smaller than a regular saw and can fit in a closet.
The washing machine is a useful thing in the household. However, over time, the device fails. In a washing machine, there is an element that should not just lie around in the garage. it’s the motor. It makes a great circular saw.
Angle grinder HUNDRED SAW. STEP-by-step HOW TO WORK
From sheet metal thickness of 5 mm cut a plate with the size 240 × 50 mm. I welded to it a bracket from an iron bar d 10 mm. I welded a bolt to the top of the last one
Picked up a shaft d 25 mm with a through hole already drilled (billet can be turned out of the metal bar). Tapped a thread inside the hole for the bolt on the bracket. Screwed the shaft onto a bolt to check for smooth operation. Then I welded two M10 threaded rods to the side of the shaft. To make them wobble less, I welded a 5-mm-thick strip of metal between them
In the base (metal plate) I marked out the place where the slope will be, it is necessary so that the angle grinder had to adhere to the plate with all its body. Mapped and drilled a hole in this area to line up with the handle hole on the tool.
Clamped the base in a vice and bent the edge at the required angle with a hammer. To be sure, I welded the plate between the studs to the shaft and smoothed the weld on an emery tool. To fix the holder to the table, cut two metal plates measuring 100x50x5 mm and drilled holes in them for studs. When all the parts were ready, I painted them
I cut a rectangular tabletop of the required size from a sheet of chipboard. About 20 cm away from the edge of the short side, drilled two holes. On studs screwed on one nut and threaded a plate, I have established the holder on a table in apertures, from below I have threaded one more plate and screwed on one more nut. On the basis clamped angle grinder additionally to the table bolted guide, which I set in two planes relative to the circle of the angle grinder. at an angle of 90 and 45 degrees. You can start cutting.
On the tabletop, you can mark out a few corners and use the marks to install the guide. For this purpose it is enough to loosen one bolt (nearest to the device) and unscrew the second. Turn the guide to the right angle and retighten the bolts.