the lawnmower stops when hot. Main malfunctions of gasoline and electric trimmers
grass trimmer does not start when hot
Grass trimmer, both electric and with internal combustion engine (ICE), is an indispensable tool in the summer and autumn period for owners of summer houses and private homes.
With its help, weeds, small bushes, and lawn trimming are easily removed. But, like any technique, grass trimmers fail at the most inopportune moment.
To eliminate malfunctions with their own hands, the user of this equipment must first determine the cause of their occurrence.
Adjusting and tuning the carburetor
Maximum and minimum engine revolutions, even idling are regulated by the carburetor. The stable operation of the lawnmower depends on the amount of fuel mixture and air supplied and their proportions. Mower does not start if carburetor setting is incorrect. The adjustment of the device for fuel delivery at low speed (L), high speed (H) and idle speed (T) is regulated by the same-name screws:
- The chainsaw must be operated for at least 10 minutes, because the adjustment is done on the hot.
- Screw H is turned smoothly to the maximum rpm, then turned ¼, counterclockwise, reducing the speed of the engine shaft.
- Adjust the idle speed with the T screw, ensuring that the grass trimmer does not rotate.
- Screw L is adjusted by first opening the throttle as much as possible, and then gently reducing the speed to a steady minimum.
After adjusting the serviceable carburetor with cleaned filters, checked ignition should allow the engine to work. If the carburetor malfunctions, after repairing it, you’ll need to adjust the feed system again before you can start the lawnmower.
Rare breakdowns that prevent the lawnmower from working can be:
Even if your grass trimmer won’t start after all this abuse, you can’t do without disassembling the carburetor. It may very well be that it is all the fault of the needle trap in it. Stops at idle. When it heats up its grass trimmer immediately glows why glows. Why does the hot one stall? ? In fact, if the hot is not 15 what trimmer for grass to take? Hitachi. In any case, disassembly and flushing of this capricious mechanism certainly will not prevent.
In general, when the grass trimmer began to be capricious and sizzle, it is advisable to conduct a complete preventive maintenance: completely change the fuel mixture, try a different oil, as well as mandatorily change the spark plug. Practice shows that in many cases cheap low-quality plugs are to blame.
We looked at the most common reasons why the grass trimmer does not start. If it is something more “exotic”, it will not avoid a trip to the service center. Smaller and more obvious breakdowns you will probably find yourself.
All the reasons why the lawnmower won’t start can be classified according to the specifics of the individual components. In the service center the malfunctions are systematized:
- Engine malfunction (worn piston, broken bearing, cracked crankcase);
- Faulty fuel supply. clogged pores in the air filter or carburetor malfunction;
- The ignition system does not work;
- Failure of mechanical nature. leakage of hoses, broken wires under the braid, rupture of tubes.
The user should first check whether there is fuel in the tank. To start in accordance with the instruction manual, with the saw on its side. Check the choke shutter, pump the gas, turn the ignition on and give the starter 3 or 4 jerks. STIHL STIHL 250 chain saw stalls on gas, throttles on full throttle. If the engine works, open the air damper. STIHL 250 chain saw cuts off when throttle, why? Lawnmower won’t start. repeat with slightly open choke.
If the start fails, we begin to find the cause of the failure:
- Check the fuel quality;
- make sure the spark plug is working and the spark plug duct is clean;
- Check that the air filter is clean;
- Check that the fuel filter is not blocked;
- Check the cleanliness of the breather;
- clean the exhaust duct.
complex causes will be, discovered during diagnosis malfunctions that lead to an overhaul of the carburetor. Such causes include clogging of the internal channels of the carburetor, wear on its gasket and violation of the tightness of the internal halves with loss of vacuum. Repair of lawn mower with their own hands, if it does not start, requires patience.
Block: 2/7 | Number of characters: 1671
lawnmower stops at high engine speed
During operation, there is a situation when, when you press the fuel mixture supply key, the machine speed begins to decrease rather than increase. Failure of this nature can be caused by:
Fuel hoses of the brushcutter with filter
- Air bleeding into the combustion chamber;
- Problems with fuel mixture circulation;
- clogged breather in the fuel tank cap (clean the hole with a fine sewing needle);
- improper adjustment of the carburetor.
If there is air drainage during internal combustion engine operation it is necessary to check the tightness of connection pipes and the integrity of gaskets in the cylinder head. Problem with the circulation of the fuel mixture can be solved by removing clogs in the fuel pipes leading to the carburetor. If there is a vacuum in the tank and the fuel mixture is not coming to the carburetor, it is enough to clean the breather valve with a fine needle and blast with air.
Why the lawnmower stalls: Causes and solutions
The reason why your tool abruptly stops working, namely the engine does not pick up speed, breaks them off, or in the vernacular “stalls”, there may be more than one. It is often not only the engine itself that is at fault, but also allied systems, units of the unit, absolutely other details that are related to preparation of fuel-air mixture, its quality, transportation to the engine tool. Let’s consider the most typical situations:
- The engine is not picking up revolutions. The mechanics of the engine drive may be damaged or there may be problems with the carburetor, but the main reason for this is the clogging of the air filter. To change the situation, you need to remove it, clean it, and if the last it is no longer possible, then change it for a new one, quickly making an order on our website. Also the grasshopper will not pick up speed if the cable from the carburetor constantly comes off. disassemble the unit and firmly fix it, or buy a new one, if the element is found cracked or other types of deformation.
- At high rpm. The cap on the gas tank is clogged. you need to clean it or buy a new one. often the cause is a misaligned carb. For information on how to properly adjust all the screws we give in the informational articles. Check quality of fuel intake hose and replace with new hose if necessary.
- At high RPM. Occurs at moments when the fuel in the carburetor is literally boiling. May also appear if the carburettor choke is of the sparse, rotary type (not disk type). The only option will be to replace the carburetor with a new one. There is also the possibility of a punctured wire or ignition coil. In this case, change the element of the last.
- Starts and stops (immediately after starting). An unregulated or misadjusted carburetor is the main cause of this situation. Distinct vibration will indicate an uneven fuel supply, and correcting the situation will help to adjust the node.
We hope you have found the right answer to the question: why the lawn mower stops, and all the suggested parts in the catalog today, as always, are at your service. Do you need a grass trimmer piston, a new carburetor, or related to the work of these systems. you will find everything on the expanses of the store “Benzo Zip”.
lawnmower stalls at high engine speeds
During operation there is a situation when when, when you press the fuel mixture supply key, the machine speed begins to decrease instead of increasing. Failure of this nature may be caused by:
- the air is blown into the combustion chamber;
- problems with fuel mixture circulation;
- clogging of the breather plug in the fuel tank cap (cleaning the hole with a thin sewing needle);
- improper carburetor adjustment.
If there is air leakage during internal combustion engine operation it is necessary to check the tightness of connections and the integrity of gaskets in the cylinder head. Fuel mixture circulation problem is solved by troubleshooting clogged fuel lines to the carburetor. If there is vacuum in the tank and the fuel mixture is not coming to the carburetor it is enough to clean the breather plug with a thin needle and blow through with air.
Muffler clogging and inability to start the power tool
What else can be the reason that it is impossible to start the engine of the gasoline trimmer? Even before resorting to more drastic actions, you should check the serviceability of the muffler or exhaust duct. This does not apply to new trimmers, which have almost no particular depletion. If the trimmer is many years old, and at the same time the tool has not been subjected to diagnostic measures, it is necessary to check the clogging of the muffler.
If the lawn mower’s muffler is clogged, there is nowhere for the exhaust gases to escape and therefore the engine cannot be started. In the blink of an eye the exhaust duct can not clog, so the day before, such signs should have been manifested:
- The increase in the sound of the motor, which is associated with overcoming a lot of resistance by the exhaust gases to release them
- The black smoke from the muffler is soot deposited on the walls of the exhaust system
- Unstable engine performance
- The engine stops on its own when idling
Exclude or confirm this factor by inspecting the exhaust system. If the anti-spark mesh has significant clogging, there is no doubt that the cause of the inability to start the engine is in the exhaust duct. The grid must be cleaned, but this must be done carefully, because black fouling is a very dangerous carcinogen that can provoke serious diseases of the respiratory system of a person. To clean the anti-sparking grid and the walls of the muffler trimmer for grass should use special agents, and work to be carried out with the use of protective equipment.
Reasons for STIHL electric brushcutters not working at full throttle
When using an electric grass trimmer can also have problems with the speed. The reasons for this are completely different from those for fuel mowers.
You can fix the problem yourself
STIHL electric weed trimmers do not develop the full performance level required because
- the mains voltage is below the required minimum for the device by more than 10%;
- There was a failure in the soft start (if there is such a system);
- there is a defect in the brush unit;
- the motor winding has caught fire;
- Sometimes the rotating parts get jammed.
To adjust the voltage, you should first check its power. If it is not up to standard, it should be increased with a stabilizer.
Only have the softstarter repaired by a service center.
When the brushes wear out, simply replace them. When installing new ones, it is recommended to clean all surfaces they come in contact with.
To adjust the voltage, you should first check the power.
Replace the electric motor if the motor windings are burning.
Jammed rotating parts can be caused by a variety of factors. To fix it, the entire drive unit has to be reassessed.
The latter problem can also occur with another unit of this company. STIHL secateurs, and sharpening the disc on the scissors will be the solution.
Grass trimmer won’t start. Why?. Agrotechservice
Gasoline grass trimmer. an amazingly useful thing, with the help of which you can, without too much trouble, bring in order not only a miniature lawn in the backyard of the house, but also to mow a considerable size lawn. But, like all things in this world, it has a tendency to break down. In this article, we will try to figure out what to do in cases where the grass trimmer refuses to work.
Gasoline grass trimmer does not start well
So, what to do in that case, if gasoline grass trimmer does not start or does not start at all? The most common cause of such a failure.it’s a low-quality fuel. Remember that, for example grass trimmer brands “STIHL” and “Husqvarna” unlikely to start on fuel quality below the AI-92.
Do not skimp on fuel, t.к. Repair of parts in the cylinder.piston group can make up one third of the entire cost of the grass trimmer, and sometimes even half. Also when preparing the fuel mixture it is necessary to correctly observe the proportions of fuel and oil, which are always specified in the trimmer’s manual.
What to do if the gas tank is filled with quality fuel, the spark is, but the tool still refuses to start? The condition of the spark plug must be checked. It is in the center of the mower. It needs to be unscrewed carefully to make sure there is no lime residue on it. If there is one, carefully clean the spark plug from the soot and dry it.
If the lawn trimmer does not start even after the methods suggested above, then you need to try removing the air filter and start the device without it. If the grass trimmer still won’t run, give the old filter a good dusting or buy a new one.
It also happens that the lawn mower runs for a maximum of 5 minutes and then stops and will not start until it cools down. In that case try to open the petrol filler cap. you should see a suction sound.
Then screw the cap back on. If you do this manipulation during the time when the grass trimmer just started to stall, the revolutions will be restored and you can continue to work.
If the lawnmower has stalled before you open the lid, you just need to start it up properly according to the instructions.
The grass trimmer does not start after winter
What to do in such a situation? Don’t worry and don’t panic. This is a very common problem, which is solved in literally 3-4 minutes. First, if you have left last year’s fuel in the gas tank, it is necessary to drain it.
Gasoline already loses its octave properties after two weeks of downtime. Second, starting the lawnmower after a long standstill should be done in a slightly different way.
First you need to open the choke and pump some fuel mixture into the carburetor, then pull the knob until you feel a slight resistance. After this time the weed trimmer can be started.
The grass trimmer starts and stops
If when you try to start the grass trimmer, it starts, but immediately stops, the air filter may again be the reason for this. You need to remove it and check whether it is not clogged with dust.
If this is indeed the case, you need to clean it thoroughly or buy a new one. The problem can also be a faulty ignition coil.