What is the ratio of oil and gasoline for grass trimmer
Gasoline to oil ratio for grass trimmer table. The first lawnmower: starting up and running in
Hello! I bought a Prorab 8406 1 grass trimmer. How to dilute petrol with oil correctly and in what proportions? Could not find the original Prorab oil, bought Hungsvarna HP oil. The instruction manual of the trimmer says that third-party oils can be used SAE MIF\4, API TC-TB. If you use a different brand of oil, the proportion of the fuel mixture does not change. Standard mix ratio 1:25. But in the specialized store “expert” who sold me the oil Hungsvarna HP strongly advised to dilute it by 1:50 (as written on the oil). The actual question: if the manual says dilute oil to 1:25, and on the oil is recommended 1:50, then in what proportion dilute? How much is 1:25?? 40 ml? Would I screw up the engine if I dilute it to 1:50? 2. What is the proper way to run in an engine? The manual doesn’t say anything except to start and shut it off. May not need a running-in period? I read that there are grass trimmers you can use right after you buy them.
Do I have to grease the gearbox before working or is there factory grease already in it?? Hope to hear from you, thanks!
1) Gasoline is diluted with oil ALWAYS in the proportions indicated on the oil can! STIHL 2-stroke products (chain saws, gasoline-powered machines, etc.) are best advised to use STIHL high-performance lubricants.) You can use any two-stroke oil except for boat two-stroke engines. It is advisable to use oil from normal stores, where there is minimal chance of buying counterfeit oil. Better to use Husqvarna or STIHL oil. STIHL oil should have a sealed neck. Beware of counterfeit products. There is a risk of ruining the piston immediately. 2) The two-stroke products are not run-in! REMEMBER THAT, PLEASE! All two-stroke products are high speed and like to run exclusively at full throttle! No half gases are allowed! This leads to incomplete exhaust and clogs the walls of the piston with oil deposits. As a consequence, piston scuffing. So full throttle and every 25-30 seconds do a 1-2 second throttle dump to give the product a break and return to normal temperature mode. 3) The gearbox on direct-shaft brushcutters must be relubricated every 20 hours. The oil flows out naturally during operation. This is done to keep dirt, dust, etc. out of the machine along with the grease. д. So if you don’t want to end up with a gearbox change, put some special gearbox grease in it every 20 hours. It’s not difficult and the whole operation takes no more than 3 minutes. Tube grease sold in every garden equipment store and cost from 100 to 300. 1 tube is enough for 3 years- When you run the tool at half load during the first two or three tanks of fuel. For example, when mowing sparse, low grass, or sawing dry, undersized wood. In no case you should not run the tool on idling, burning a few tanks of fuel. As a result of such running-in, carbon deposits form on the cylinder windows, piston, and muffler, which negatively affects the engine life.
Grass trimmer, or lawnmower. a tool you can’t do without in the household. And there are many factors that influence its reliability, performance and longevity.
For example, the quality of fuel. It means that you need to choose the right oil for your grass trimmer, observe the proportions when adding it to gasoline, and follow the rules for filling the device.
How to dilute gasoline with oil for grass trimmer. step-by-step instructions
The fuel mixture is mixed in special proportions.
If the fuel mix is diluted with too little lubricant, the lawnmower will wear out quickly
Check the trimmer manual for the optimal oil to gasoline ratio. It is usually 1:50, 1:40 or 1:25.
The fuel and lubricant must first be diluted in a suitable container: doing it immediately in the fuel tank is prohibited. If you ignore this rule, the work of the motor can be inconsistent, as a result of which the tool will quickly fail. To dilute the fuel mixture, you should not use plastic canisters or bottles, because gasoline can dissolve this synthetic material. The order in which the fuel is mixed:
- Pour a liter of gasoline into a container (ideally a metal canister).
- Add half of the required proportion of oil.
- Mix liquids thoroughly, away from sources of open flame.
- Pour the rest of the lubricant into the container and stir the mixture again.
- Pour the fuel into the fuel tank of the grass trimmer.
The work should be carried out wearing a respirator and rubber gloves. You may use a watering can for easy pouring. The ready mixture should not be stored longer than 3 months, it is better to dilute exactly as much fuel as you need for the planned work in the near future. Always choose a quality oil for mixing with petrol, it is better to buy it at a trusted gas station.
Oils and fuel proportions
Calculation of the ingredients for grass trimmer dressing should be performed according to the recommendations on the oil package. The standard ratio is 1:50. You can use any quality oil for two-stroke engines.
How many engine types are there
When choosing a grass trimmer by motor type, there are some features to consider. Units with electric units have significant limitations in terms of powering the motor. Diesel motors, as on power tillers, taking into account the low revolutions, are not offered for trimmers.
Consider the specifics of the gasoline engines used:
- Two-stroke cycle. The design is simpler. High maintenance quality of the operating mixture. any deviations lead to a reduction in the life of the motor.
- Four-stroke cycle. No need to have a specific gasoline to lawnmower oil ratio. the mixture is mixed automatically and the working fluids are in two different containers. The product turns out to be more expensive, but it works more quietly and the exhaust gases are cleaner.
Regardless of the type of gasoline engine selected, the selection of oil and gasoline is made strictly in accordance with the recommendations of individual manufacturers.
It is recommended to buy unleaded gasoline to operate your garden equipment. Otherwise there is a risk of engine failure. Manufacturers advise to use fuel with an octane number not lower than АI-90, better yet АI-92 or АI-95. See manual for specific recommendations for your tool. Fill the canister with the correct amount of fuel at the filling station. It is desirable to take a metal tank: in such a tank there is no static electricity from friction, which increases the safety of use.
Buy branded oils for two-stroke engines, preferably API-TB or API-TC. The manufacturer should indicate the recommended brands in the instruction manual of the tool. Also note their composition. Mineral oils are suitable for use in warm weather. Synthetic oils are better, they are less viscous and can be used even in freezing temperatures. Semi-synthetics are mineral oils with improved qualities, versatile for any season. For the temperature limit of operation, see the package. You also have to pay attention to the volume. What matters is not the proportion of gasoline and oil for the chainsaw, but how much fuel mixture you will need for one filling and how often you will work with the tool. If you have a grass trimmer or chain saw in your arsenal and use one or the other tool several times a week, it makes sense to buy a large 3 to 5 liter oil can. For several mowing operations in a country season it is enough to take a 1 liter bottle.
Mixing oil with gasoline
When you start working with a tool, the question always arises, how much oil to add to gasoline for a chainsaw or grass trimmer. It is important to remember that for two-stroke engines the ratio is 1:50, t.е. you need 100 ml of oil for every 5 liters of gasoline. Why it is important to respect the proportions? Excessive oil causes sooting of pistons and spark plugs, while lack of oil impairs the lubricating properties of the fuel mixture, which leads to scuffing of the piston group and increases the risk of engine failure.
The easiest way to obtain the correct gasoline and oil proportion for your chain saw is by using measuring containers. They have a scale with markings on it that are easy to read. Before pouring gasoline and oil in, be sure the container is clean. Avoid getting water and dirt in, as this can affect the quality of the fuel mixture. Fill gasoline to the proper level, then add oil to the proper level. To mix, tilt the container several times. Liquids will quickly mix and the mixture will take on a uniform color, such as green or red (depending on the oil composition).
Important to know! Never use plastic drink bottles for storing and mixing the fuel mixture. Gasoline corrodes plastic. And even if the walls of the bottle seem to be intact, harmful components will get into the fuel mixture and with it into the engine. It is very unhealthy for the carburetor.
Recommended to work with gloves to protect your hands from gasoline and oil. Also do not forget about elementary fire safety rules. Mix liquids outdoors so gasoline vapors do not accumulate indoors. Do not smoke when working and avoid other factors that may cause inflammation of fuel and lubricants.
Pour the prepared fuel mixture into the fuel tank and close the cap tightly. If you have made more mixture than you can use at one time, pour it into a separate canister for storage or leave it in the mixing tank. Keep lids on tightly closed. This mix can be stored for up to two weeks and used for refueling without risk to the engine. The only condition is not to leave it in the fuel tank. If you will not be using the tool for a long time. use up the leftovers completely or drain them.
Now you know how to dilute gasoline for a chainsaw so as not to harm the engine. Try to do it yourself. After you have blended the fuel a few times you will know how much you need, so that you do not leave any unnecessary mixture. You can buy everything you need in our online store. Only original oil will keep your machine in good working order.
How to Mix (Dilute) Gasoline and Oil for 2T Engines.
To summarise the above. Use for your brand equipment an oil designed by or recommended by the manufacturer of that equipment. For example, for the STIHL FS 55 brushcutter STIHL HP oil (ref. Figure 1a) or STIHL HP SUPER, for the Husqvarna 128R brushcutter use Husqvarna HP oil (Figure 1b) or Husqvarna LS oil. For 2.Do not use engine oils for 4-stroke engines. such as 10W30, SAE 30, etc.д.
Figure 1 a-Husqvarna oil (left), STIHL oil (right)
Never use 2-stroke oil designed for water-cooled engines, as these oils are designed to work at lower temperatures.
Observe the proportions of oil and gasoline in the fuel mixture specified by the manufacturer in the instruction manual. The ratio commonly quoted by Chinese manufacturers is 1 part oil to 25 parts gasoline, STIHL and Husqvarna 1/50.When preparing a small volume of mixture (up to 1 liter), it is very important to carefully measure the amount of oil included in the mixture. Even small miscalculations in the amount of oil can lead to serious inconsistencies in the mixture. In these cases you can use a medical syringe for exact dosing.The fuel mixture should be prepared in a clean container designed specifically for this purpose. (refer to. Figure 2)
I do not recommend using improvised plastic bottles and canisters, because gasoline can dissolve plastics and all this “slurry” gets into the fuel tank and disables the carburetor.
Plastic canisters designed for gasoline are always labeled with the “flame” sign. It is very convenient to use a canister, equipped with a system of spill-free refueling (see “The system of spill-free refueling”). figure 3). The no-fill system has a valve to prevent fuel from spilling when the tank is full.
Fig. 3 The spill-free filling system
Oil for brushcutters. how to choose and in what proportions to use
Many of you have gasoline-powered tools in your household. there’s no getting around a chainsaw in a detached house, for example. You know, making firewood for the winter, it comes in handy for construction and repair, and in general, it is a very useful tool. If the country house also has a decent-sized plot, then the grass trimmer or lawn mower, which also run on gasoline, is simply needed to control the grass.
You can buy an electric one, too, but not everyone likes to pull a 30-meter extension cord to mow a knee-deep patch of grass. That’s why most people prefer to work with gasoline tools. As you know, you need to add a special oil for two-stroke engines. Here we are going to talk about it, because this is a very important aspect, if you won’t add oil and add it in wrong proportions, your engine will fail very quickly, and your way will be to the service center. To avoid all these troubles you should add only quality oil in right proportions.
The most popular for chainsaws, brush cutters and trimmers are the products of the famous company STIHL. It comes in two packages: 1 liter and 100 ml. A liter bottle is good for those who do a lot of work, but a small bottle is enough for “one-time sawing”. The capacity of 1 liter costs 250, and 10 ml costs 60. If you buy the big bottle, you will save money.
You add oil to petrol in proportion of 1 to 50, which means for example for 5 liters of petrol you add 100 ml. As you can see, a small bottle is great for getting 5 liters of gasoline mixture to fuel a chainsaw or grass trimmer. The big bottle has special marks on the side, by which you can tell how much oil you have drained from the bottle. If you bought a big 1 liter bottle, buy a 20ml syringe at the drugstore. Very convenient. 1 syringe of oil for 1 liter of gasoline.
We recommend that you use original STIHL oil for your machine. it’s ideal, because it has been developed and tested specifically for STIHL power tools. I should note that Stihl has its own brands, such as VIKING (popular models of gasoline trimmers). Use Stihl oil for them as well and you won’t have any problems at all.
If you have more gasoline mixture than you can use, it’s better to store the rest in a metal canister or glass container. Never store the mixture in a plastic bottle. Of course, if you use up the leftovers in a couple or three days, you can also pour the rest of the mixture into a plastic canister, but if the mixture will be stored for a long time, then either a canister or a glass container. The thing is that the gasoline mixture corrodes the plastic bottle, there are microscopic sediments of plastic in the mixture and it is very bad for the engine. Keep it in mind if you want your tool to work long and without problems.
The second most popular oil brand is the notorious Hooksvarna. Of course, when you think about it that way, more people use STIHL chain saws, at least all my friends and their friends use them in their work.
But there are some who cherish their Husqvarna tools and I understand them, because I personally do not see much difference between Husqvarna and Stihl, both tools are of very high quality. But I have seen happy owners of chainsaws Husqvarna. they say the saws are just super. I have not cut my own saws, but I always listen to what people say. So, if you have a Husqvarna gasoline tool, it will be better to use a special brand oil for it. Although nothing terrible will happen if you dilute the gasoline Stihl. But if a producer recommends you to use only his stuff, that’s what we are going to do.
You can find liter containers on sale. A black stylish bottle with the same markings on the side as Stihl’s (to know how much oil has been poured out of the bottle). To me the quality is absolutely identical. It’s 270, a little more expensive.
Both are high quality, cost almost the same, each diluted 1:50. So feel free to buy any oil. Of course, it’s better to use the oil of the brand you have your tool. then everything will be perfect, just like the manufacturer advises. Good luck with sawing, mowing grass and let your power tool work for a long time without failures.
On another note: the submersible pump “Aquarius 3”. my review.
We learn how to dilute petrol with oil for grass trimmer if you don’t pour or over pour the oil
If you bought a grass trimmer, lawnmower, brush cutter, chainsaw and other types of equipment, you probably know that they use two-stroke motors as power units. These motors do not run on pure gasoline, like four-stroke engines, but on a mixture of gasoline and oil. In what proportion should gasoline be diluted with oil for grass trimmer. this is the question every dacha owner asks himself before preparing the tool to work. Let’s understand this issue in detail, as the dilution of gasoline with oil for grass trimmer affects the service life of the tool, and improper preparation of the mixture, will lead to rapid engine wear. What is the danger of too much or not enough oil in the gasoline for the grass trimmer:
- If the gasoline will be diluted with a lot of oil (above the norm), it will lead not only to a large amount of smoke, but also to the formation of soot on the walls of the cylinder and a drop in power.This fouling will cause wear of the piston, which will be diagnosed by a decrease in its performance
- If the gasoline contains insufficient amount of oil poured into the grass trimmer, it is even more dangerous.After all, the working mechanisms of the engine will not be lubricated in sufficient quantity, which will eventually lead to their rapid wear (there is a rapid destruction of piston rings and jamming of the motor). If there is not enough oil in the gasoline poured into the grass trimmer, the wear of the motor will occur dozens of times faster
In order to avoid having to pay for mistakes at the cost of an engine overhaul or buying a new tool, you must fill the tank with fuel of the right consistency from the first day. You can find out the ratio in the instructions to the tool, as models from different manufacturers may give different recommendations. Usually this ratio is as follows:
- 1 to 25 or 40 grams of two-stroke oil per 1 liter of gasoline
- 1 to 40 or 25-30 grams of grease per 1 liter of gasoline
- If you add 20 grams of oil to a liter of gasoline, this is 1:50
The standard value is 1:50 (it is specified on the canisters of oil for two-stroke engines), but it is necessary to rely on it as a last resort, because the manufacturers indicate the recommended value of the proportion, and if it is not observed, then the operational life of the two-stroke motor is reduced.
In addition to observing the proportions, you must also learn how to prepare the mixture. In fact, the option of adding oil to the gas tank, is categorically contraindicated, although some do so. If you bought a grass trimmer or lawnmower, you will need the consumables you will use to prepare the mixture. The instructions for preparing the fuel mixture in the grass trimmer is as follows:
- Prepare gasoline and two-stroke oil, based on the above recommendations for lubricant and fuel selection
- In addition for preparation of a mix it is necessary to take a container or a container. Usually a plastic bottle is used for this purpose and you need to choose the right one. It must be clean on the inside. It is not recommended to use a container from under milk beer and other drinks. A mineral water bottle is best
- It is very important that the container has a whole value of volume, that is 1 or 2 liters, so you do not have to calculate how much oil in a bottle of 1.5 liters, 1.3 or 1.25 liters, because so you can easily go wrong
- You also need a syringe to meter the oil. For such purposes, the usual medical syringe of 10 or more cc is suitable. It is desirable that the syringe has a precise measuring scale
- After preparing the necessary materials, you can begin preparing
Instructions for preparing the fuel mixture for the lawnmower:
After preparing the fuel mixture for the grass trimmer, it remains to refill the tool, and get to work. How to properly fuel grass trimmers, lawnmowers, chainsaws and other types of motor equipment, let’s consider in detail.
ДOnly fresh gasoline is used to dilute and use in the trimmer.
Often there are problems with the proportions of oil and fuel for the reliable work of the brushcutter. The reason for all. absolutely different information in the sources. You may encounter a difference in the ratio data by a dozen units, and sometimes by half. That’s why you can’t help wondering how much oil you need for 1 liter of gasoline: 20 ml or all 40. But for this there is a technical passport for the product, which you buy in a store. There should be a description of the device, instructions for its operation and instructions for the rules of preparation of the fuel mixture.
You should first take note of the information the manufacturer recommends, because if your brushcutter breaks down, you can file a claim with the manufacturer and not with a third party source. If there is no instruction in the manual, and even more so if the passport is missing, it is recommended to look for another grass trimmer model from a more reliable seller.
For all other cases, when you have a lawn mower model in your hands and there is no way to find out its technical features, there are standard proportions of the most likely components of the fuel mixture for a two-stroke engine. Basically, these units use gasoline AI-92 and a special synthetic oil, which contains a solvent for better mixing with fuel. Such oil evaporates slowly and has the ability to burn completely in the cylinder, leaving no carbon residue.
The standard ratio of synthetic oil to gasoline is 1:50. That means 100 ml of oil for 5 litres of petrol, giving an oil consumption of 20 ml per litre. Knowing the amount of oil needed to dilute 1 liter of fuel, you can easily calculate any rates for preparing fuel for grass trimmer. When using mineral oils, a 1:40 ratio is most often standard. So 25 ml is needed for 1 liter of fuel and 125 ml for a 5 liter canister.
When operating a lawnmower, a person with little experience in operating such equipment will not find it difficult to determine and correct the actual amount of oil needed for a particular model. One should only pay attention to the exhaust gases (their color, toxicity of smell), stability of cycles, engine heating and developed power. details about what to expect when mixing petrol and oil in wrong proportions is presented in other article. There are variants of brushcutters that run on gasoline AI-95. This should also be taken into account.
If the manufacturer recommends such octane rating, you should follow the requirements, so as not to reduce the service life of the equipment.
Recommendations for storing ready-to-use grass trimmer fuel mix
After filling up the grass trimmer, many people put off the mixture left in the bottle until the next time. Sometimes it takes too long until the next “next time”, and it can last as long as one year. Do not store the ready-to-use fuel mixture for such a long time, since the oil will decompose. After preparing the mixture, use it up within 1-2 weeks. In addition, you can not store the tool for a long time with the fuel mixture poured into the tank, because the effect will be similar. To prevent unforeseen circumstances, it is advisable to consider the following recommendations for storing a ready mix of gasoline and oil:
- Prepare the fuel mixture in the amount that will be used. If you do not know how much fuel you are using, then it is better to prepare less
- If fuel mixture remains in the grass trimmer‘s tank (when the tool is hidden until the next season), it must be completely used up or drained
- Before adding the blended fluid to the fuel tank, stir it thoroughly
- Store the finished mixture in a tightly screwed container, and in a place limited to sunlight
If you follow all the recommendations, the grass trimmer will last at least as long as the instructions state. The use of quality consumables paired with compliance with the recommendations on the preparation of the mixture in the grass trimmer, will result in a long and efficient service of the gasoline tool.