Which chainsaw is better than STIHL or Husqvarna?
Husqvarna 2021 Best Chainsaws Rating
The best all-purpose saw in the ranking Husqvarna 455 Rancher is one of their best-selling models and probably the best known.
It runs on a 3.5L engine.с. With a 20-inch long bar and a top speed of 9,000 rpm, making it the perfect professional-grade saw, but it’s also suitable for high-complexity domestic jobs.
The ergonomic handle and LowVib system make it a great tool for long runs, as these features keep your hand from getting tired and allow you to hold the saw for long periods of time.
Like most Husqvarna chainsaws, it has an X-Torq feature that reduces exhaust emissions and also speeds up fuel injection.
It also has a centrifugal air cleaning system that keeps out most large dust particles, which will reduce the need for frequent filter cleaning as well as greatly increase engine life.
- Conveniently located chain tensioner
- Low fuel consumption
- Minimal exhaust emissions
- Reduced vibration
- Ergonomic front handle
Pros and cons: STIHL
Gasoline saws of this German company are notable for their ergonomics, quality components. Let’s highlight the advantages:
- technical characteristics are characterized by a high level;
- Reliability in operation;
- low vibration level;
- Soft-start function;
- low weight of the crankshaft and connecting rod;
- Rapid set of working stroke;
- robust and reliable parts and components;
- functional cooling system.
These advantages apply to all products of the German company, but there are also disadvantages:
- STIHL chain saws are expensive compared to other brands (this applies both to the machine itself and to spare parts for repairs);
- the cost level, in turn, affects the appearance of counterfeit and low-quality components from China (repairs with such parts reduces the life of STIHL equipment and negatively affects consumers’ attitude towards the company)
- Noise levels are higher compared to Husqvarna saws.
A little about the history of STIHL
Company founded by the German Andreas STIHL. In 1926, he registered a machine works under the name A. STIHL immediately makes its first-ever cut-off saw. a 2.2 kW electric chainsaw with a shocking weight of 48 kg.
In 1927, the company had two employees, not counting Andreas. 1929, with 20 employees, Andreas invents the first chainsaw with a gasoline engine. Six horsepower, forty-six kilograms.
STIHL exports its products. The company’s first chain saws are thus available in Russia, the USA and other major countries.
STIHL gets a patent for its first chain with scrapers that greatly increase cutting speed.
Company develops and patents first automatic chain lubrication system.
By the 1940s, the company had more than two hundred employees and a turnover of more than three million DM.
In 1950, STIHL introduces its first single-hand chain saw, a machine that may look like today’s models but is still too heavy.
Andreas did not stop at this and in 1954 presented the first BLK chainsaw, which stood for Petrol, Light and Compact. Saws weighs 11 kg.
From this point on, the company began its rapid development. Andreas develops a diaphragm carburetor which allows the chainsaw to be operated in different positions, not only vertically.
In 1959 the Contra saw is launched. Weight 12 kg, power 6 horsepower. This saw is a worldwide breakthrough in logging.
STIHL goes on to develop and patent the anti-vibration system, the electronic ignition, the Oilomatic saw chain.
The following patented technologies appear in the following years:
- 1971. throttle trigger lock lever;
- 1972. QuickStop saw chain brake;
- 1973. Garden shears with gasoline engine, heated chain saw handle;
- 1974. The first amateur chainsaw with reduced power and weight;
- 1976. Single-lever throttle control (still used on STIHL chain saws today);
- 1977. Gasoline grass trimmer.
1979, STIHL is no longer a company but a corporation with over 8,000 employees and a turnover of around 900 million DM. Subdivisions in Australia (1971), Brazil (1973), USA (1974), Great Britain (1978) and other countries appeared.
STIHL today employs over 20,000 people and has subsidiaries in almost every country in the world. Main production is in China. In 2021, the company launched its first chainsaw with an electronic carburetor control system, called M-Tronic.
Advantages and disadvantages of STIHL chain saws
Block: 2/3 | Number of characters: 689
Husqvarna product line
The Swedish manufacturer has a more extensive list of gardening equipment. In addition to tools for tree, shrub and lawn care, it also offers power equipment. This group includes, in particular, minitractors, raiders, motor pumps, cultivators, etc. д. Each transport unit can also be matched with branded attachments. But of course, chainsaws of various designs are at the heart of the range. Which saw is better. STIHL or Husqvarna?? For example, you can compare models 240 and MS 180 C-BE, respectively. They are similar in performance, have the same power reserve of 2 liters. с., STIHL is the name of the game, but it is in direct competition that STIHL scores points in functionality. The MS 180 C-BE is equipped with a soft start system and quick chain tensioning, which is a must for mid-range chainsaws.
Block: 5/12 | characters: 921
Husqvarna or STIHL chainsaw?
Sergioharm, if there is a possibility to spoil your tool, why not? :
No dirty work, there are dirty thoughts.
Vatar Apprentice Posts: 209 Registered: 04 Sep 2015, 08:52 Town: 36 Thanked (a): 1 time Thanks: 1 time Contact info:
Husqvarna chainsaws. the range of the Swedish company
Husqvarna is known for its broad range of brand name chain saws on the market. Here is a review of Husqvarna chain saws with a detailed description of the most popular models.
This Husqvarna chain saw cuts down old, thick branches quickly and efficiently, and helps you make large quantities of firewood. Technical parameters of this popular model include:
- Power. 3.9L. с./2,900 Watts;
- Standard bar size. 45 cm;
- Fuel refill tank. 750 ml;
- Oil tank. 400 ml;
- Ready to use weight 6,6 kg.
This Husqvarna chain saw has a small size, so even a small carrying bag will fit.
This semi-professional Husqvarna chainsaw is mainly used for maintaining large garden areas. Specifications for this Husqvarna chainsaw include:
- Power. 2.2L. с./1600 Watts;
- Bus bar length. 45 cm;
- 410 ml refill tank;
- Oil tank. 175 ml;
- Net weight in working position. 4 kg.
This Husqvarna chain saw has a forged piston group in the base of its design, which significantly increases the wear resistance and endurance of the model.
This professional Husqvarna chainsaw is in high demand due to its clever design and balance. Technical parameters of this Husqvarna model include:
- Power. 1,7 l. с./1300 Watt;
- Factory tire size. 30 cm;
- Fuel replenishment tank. 300 ml;
- Lubricant reservoir. 200 ml;
- Operating weight. 3,5 kg.
Modest size allows the chain saw to fit easily into carrying case.
Husqvarna 257 XP and Husqvarna 455 Rancher chainsaws
These Husqvarna chain saws do a great job cutting down small logs and old limbs. Chainsaws operating parameters are described in the table below.
|chainsaw model||Husqvarna 257 XP||Husqvarna 455 Rancher|
|Power||3,7 л. с./2700 watt||3,5 л. с./2600 watt|
|Standard bar size||45 cm||45 cm|
|Fuel replenishment tank||600 ml||440 ml|
|Lubricant reservoir||350 ml||320 ml|
|Weight in ready-to-use form||5.5 kg||6.1 kg|
These models are powerful enough to construct an ice axe from a chainsaw and other useful tools for DIY.
Husqvarna 262 XP and Husqvarna 576 XP chain saws
These Husqvarna chain saws were designed from the start to handle the toughest cutting conditions, easily cutting through thicker beams and time-consuming wood chopping. Design parameters of these machines are described in the table below.
|Chainsaw model||Husqvarna 262 XP||Husqvarna 576 XP|
|Power||4,7 л. с./3400 watt||5,6 л. с./4200 watt|
|Standard bar size||50 cm||50 cm|
|Fuel replenishment tank||600 ml||700 ml|
|Oil reservoir||300 ml||400 ml|
|Weight in ready-to-use form||5.8 kg||7.2 kg|
Each of these Husqvarna chain saws has a heavy-duty, 2-tap motor, chain brake, and adjustable oil pump.
Husqvarna 268 and Husqvarna 562 XP chain saws
Intensive felling and construction work are the main areas of application for this chainsaw. See table for model parameters.
|Chainsaw model||Husqvarna 268||Husqvarna 562 XP|
|Power||4,4 л. с./3200 watt||4,7 л. с./3500 watt|
|Factory tire size||45 cm||45 cm|
|Fuel reservoir||600 ml||650 ml|
|Oil tank||270 ml||290 ml|
|Weight at the ready||5,7 kg||6,3 kg|
Husqvarna chain saws come with a reliable chain brake and adjustable oil pump.
Husqvarna 272 XP and Husqvarna 372 XP chain saws
These Husqvarna chain saws are used for felling forest trees and cutting thick logs for construction. Model specifications are detailed in the table.
|Chainsaw Model||Husqvarna 272 XP||Husqvarna 372XP|
|Power||4,9 л. с./3600 Watt||5,5 л. с./3900 watt|
|Size of standard tire||45 cm||50 cm|
|Fuel mix tank||750 ml||770 ml|
|oil tank||500 ml||400 ml|
|Service weight||6.7 kg||7 kg|
Why Husqvarna chain saws are among the best models
Without going into design features and specifications, most consumers are interested in what and which company’s chain saw is the best? When choosing, it is worth considering the purpose of the tool, personal preferences and financial capabilities of the future owner.
Most of the domestic gasoline chainsaw market is divided between the big European players. Not far behind are the manufacturers from China, which are perfectly capable of producing any kind of machinery.
Today you can find a chainsaw in literally every home.
Cut wood while doing repairs, tend to the garden, cut wood quickly while barbecuing, or split a bundle of firewood to start the holiday home. This indispensable tool will help in everything.
It will simplify tasks to a minimum, making the work fast and interesting. So yes, if you have not bought a chainsaw, be sure to do it.
We recently talked about the best chainsaws of 2021, but their main drawback, the attachment to the socket. It’s impossible to do anything in the woods with this saw. A chainsaw will help in any place, under any circumstances.
No tool is perfect, and every manufacturer strives for perfection. Husqvarna, STIHL, Partner and Makita compete in the chainsaw market. These are high-end machines. The choice is great, you should know the features of the brand in order not to make a mistake.
The entire Husqvarna chainsaw range is characterized by improvements that make work easier and more comfortable. Initially, these innovations are installed on professional equipment, then they are added to the layout of amateur models. These options include:
- X-Torq engine, which reduces emissions and saves fuel, increasing torque;
- Automatic carburetor adjustment for workload by Auto Tune system;
- Air Injection’s centrifugal cleaner before air intake makes filter changes less frequent;
- the system of vibration damping on the handlebar is represented by dampers and Low Vib absorbers;
- the use of a primer. an easy start system;
- The chain tensioner is located on the side;
- use of a single wrench for frequently performed operations;
- The saw’s sprocket sprocket has a hole for additional spritzing in addition to the automatic grease supply.
Not a complete list of improvements is presented, in some models of Husqvarna chainsaws there are additional changes.
In order to exclude the counterfeit of a well-known brand, the list of countries where the named models are produced is published. If there’s a different country on the marking, it’s a copy. Manufactures are placed:
- in the U.S 132E, 142E;
- Russian brands, g. Khimki. 254HR, 257, 262HR, 262HRN;
- in Brazil. 55, 61, 288XP, 268, 272XP:
- other brands are produced at the main factory in Sweden.
Therefore, the saw made in China no longer refers to brand products, costs inexpensive, repairs are specific.
An advantage of chain saws is the availability of a sufficient number of service centers, where it is possible to buy spare parts for the chain saw Husqvarna. At first sight the complicated machine can be repaired at home. It is important to understand the mechanism and the interaction of all components. After the warranty period, you can do some of the work yourself.
If you have to choose the best chainsaw brand for country houses, Oleo-Mac is the one to pick. It is an Italian manufacturer of equipment for the woodworking industry, home gardening, tree care. All products meet ISO 9001 quality standards.
The most popular models of the manufacturer Oleo-Mac:
- Small models can be used if a precise cut is necessary
- Starting even in extreme cold
- Inertia chain brake system
- Excellent shock absorption system, ergonomic design
- Aesthetic appeal
- High cost of components
- Difficulties with starting after winter storage, but if the fuel is discharged in time, the saw will work without problems
- A badly sharpened chain will increase fuel consumption
High durability and quality of components make Oleo-Mac chain saws one of the top five.
Block: 5/6 | Number of characters: 1379
STIHL petrol chain saws: how not to go wrong with your choice?
How to choose a STIHL chainsaw? What to look for when buying a chain saw? These and other questions are on everyone’s mind when they discover the advantages of petrol-driven machines for the first time. Experienced experts advise to dwell on such points:
- the country of origin. all STIHL chain saws for domestic use and professional use are made in Germany. This is important, because the market is full of fakes made in China. It is not critical, but Chinese power saws should cost many times less, wear out faster and be repaired more often;
- the power of the machine. the higher it is, the higher is the performance of the saw;
- Availability of instruction manual and warranty card;
- completeness of equipment. in the box should be all that the manufacturer has specified for this model;
- absence of external defects. scratches, peeling paint;
- fasteners secure.
The gasoline-powered tool should start easily and work smoothly.
Number of blocks: 16 | Total number of characters: 20949Number of donors used: 5Information on each donor: